Ghosts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sam Z
Ok now, religions say that after death your soul goes to heaven or hell. But what about lost souls. I don't think religion ever mentioned anything about them.
So, do you believe in ghosts? Yes? No? Explain why.

Punker69
What is a "lost soul" by your definition?

Shakyamunison
No.

I believe in reincarnation. We go from one life to the next, and never experience death.

Phoenix2001
I don't believe in ghost because I've never actually saw one, or experienced some supernatural situation. I'm not denying that they don't exist, however, but it is unlikely that a lost spiritual being is floating around affecting my day to day activities.

Eis
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No.

I believe in reincarnation. We go from one life to the next, and never experience death.
Don't you believe there's an end to everything?

Sam Z
Originally posted by Punker69
What is a "lost soul" by your definition?

This.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eis
Don't you believe there's an end to everything?

No. I don't believe in an end or beginning.

Eis
No. I don't believe in an end or beginning.
Let me set a hypothetical scenario to you.

In the near future a gigantic meteorite hits the earth, the planet is destroyed in little pieces, every living organism dies.

What happens with the souls, or karma or whatever?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eis
Let me set a hypothetical scenario to you.

In the near future a gigantic meteorite hits the earth, the planet is destroyed in little pieces, every living organism dies.

What happens with the souls, or karma or whatever?

They will no longer incarnate into the future, but they are in the past and will always be.

I see time as space and once something has been, it always is at that time.

Eis
They will no longer incarnate into the future, but they are in the past and will always be.

I see time as space and once something has been, it always is at that time.
Interesting... If you don't mind me asking, what kind of a Buddhist are you?

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Eis

I hope you know that reincarnation does not only apply to just buddhist.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eis

I am a Nichiren Buddhist, but many of my beliefs and understands are my own.

Punker69
Originally posted by Sam Z
This.

A ghastly figure with wings?

Eis
I am a Nichiren Buddhist, but many of my beliefs and understands are my own.
So as a Nichiren Buddhist, do you believe you'll achieve enlightenment in this lifetime?

Sam Z
A ghastly figure with wings?

Exactly. Got problems with that?smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eis
So as a Nichiren Buddhist, do you believe you'll achieve enlightenment in this lifetime?

I believe that we are all enlightened and always have been. There is a story in the Lotus sutra that tells of a poor beggar the stays at the house of a rich friend. The rich man places a valuable jewel in the garment of the beggar while he is sleeping. Not knowing this the beggar leaves and continues his begging. Later the rich man finds the beggar on the street and scolds him for not finding the jewel. Upon hearing this, the poor man finds the jewel and rejoices for he was rich and did not know it.

I apologize for being off topic.

Alliance
Aren't ghosts supposed to be spectres of the devil, classified with other demons et al?

Punker69
Originally posted by Sam Z
Exactly. Got problems with that?smile

Um....no....no expression

Sam Z
Um....no....no expression

If seriously, I was talking about souls that haven't found their way to heaven and stayed on earth. That's why "lost".

debbiejo
Lost souls could possible be people who do not want to move on right away for what ever reason......

Sam Z
Originally posted by debbiejo
Lost souls could possible be people who do not want to move on right away for what ever reason......

My bad then.
I wrongly expressed myself...

debbiejo
How did you mean then???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.