Can Wolverine die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperTrevor
Can Wolverine die? I mean he can regenerate and stuff and I was just wondering how the heck you could kill someone who regenerates themself? If anybody knows please tell me?

H. S. 6
Yes.

InnerRise
Regenerate?

Wolverine is just able to Heal at an advanced rate.

I mean if his arm was cut off would he grow it back?

is it comprehensible.....

wolverex84
Originally posted by InnerRise
Regenerate?

what? off course he can regenerate, as a matter of fact it is believed that it was his regenerative capabilities that enables him to heal rapidly, the ability to heal/replace lost and damaged tissues on a molecular level at an accelerated speed is considered to be very much regenerative.

LanceWindu
Regenerate?

Not likely...but his wound will heal...maybe even on the stump of an arm too.

Skeets
Yes Wolverine can die.Snap his neck and he's dead,drown him etc.

Fiann@
Regenerate?

is it comprehensible..... I guess if you managed to hold the two together, they might messed

wolverex84
and yes he can pretty much replace a lost arm or limb, why it makes sense is because if your body can replace lost organs, say heart, lungs, eye, stomach which are tissues etc, it is pretty much easier to grow back a lost arm, the only difference is that it would be slower to replace because of calcium phosphate that makes up the bone/cartilage/tendon tissues. my point is clear, it doesn't make sense if you can heal rapidly but cannot regenerate a lost arm because in order to be able to heal extremely fast like wolverine's healing factor, you need to be able to regenerate those tissues you lost.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Fiann@
I guess if you managed to hold the two together, they might messed

ROFL I was thinking the same thing.

wolverex84
the buttom line is that wolverine can die say, there are many ways one can kill wolverine, the easiest way to kill him is if you can shut down his healing factor, throwing him into a volcano, drowing him, cutting his head off, and if you can make him lose a lot of blood then he is more likely to die.

Jman196
you can't cut off his arm, well his metal one, when his metal skeloton was out, I still think he can regenerate limbs, with the metal skeleton you cant snap his neck, I still can't understand how the bullet didn't rickashe off his adamantium skull in X2 it just went in, and its a bullet it should have just pinged off

wolverex84
Originally posted by Jman196
I still can't understand how the bullet didn't rickashe off his adamantium skull in X2 it just went in, and its a bullet it should have just pinged off

well the bullet did not bounce off his skull because it was shot a very close range and it squeezed inside his skull, like when you shot a sticky gum on a wall at close range, this shows that the adamantium is so hard that the bullet compressed to the point that it had to stick in his skull, if it was faraway, i am sure the bullet would have bounced off.

InnerRise
Well this I still say Wolverine can't fully regenerate body parts.

Healing and Regeneration aren't completely the same thing.

wolverex84
Well this I still say Wolverine can't fully regenerate body parts.

Healing and Regeneration aren't completely the same thing.

yes they are not the same but they are related, one is from the other, healing factor is from regeneration. if your body can't regenerate or replace lost or damged tisssues then there can be no healing factor. healing is part of regeneration.

InnerRise
But when you start talking about reforming limbs you've gone beyond the realms of simply healing an injury such as a deep cut.

soul self
YES..Phoenix should have used her "seperate your molecus" fullpower on woverine then he would have dissolved and died. It didnt work in the movies cuz Jean broke through, just a little.

cain marko
Originally posted by wolverex84
what? off course he can regenerate, as a matter of fact it is believed that it was his regenerative capabilities that enables him to heal rapidly, the ability to heal/replace lost and damaged tissues on a molecular level at an accelerated speed is considered to be very much regenerative.

he can only regenerate more advanced than what humans do. if we lose a limb we cant grow it back. ergo neither can wolverine

Arcane
Originally posted by soul self
YES..Phoenix should have used her "seperate your molecus" fullpower on woverine then he would have dissolved and died. It didnt work in the movies cuz Jean broke through, just a little.

that pissed me off, he should of been killed not prof X

cain marko
Originally posted by Arcane
that pissed me off, he should of been killed not prof X

yeah but dude the after credits scene prof x goes into that dudes body

Arcane
Originally posted by cain marko
yeah but dude the after credits scene prof x goes into that dudes body

yeh i know that, but wolverine still shoulda died

cain marko
Originally posted by Arcane
yeh i know that, but wolverine still shoulda died

yeah true i hate him so much i really wanted scot to be the strongest character in the films!!

Gornack
Originally posted by Skeets
Yes Wolverine can die.Snap his neck and he's dead,drown him etc.

Exactly. In Spider-Man VS Wolverine, there was a point where Wolverine had his fist below Spidey's chin, ready to 'snikt' his claws right up into Spidey's skull. However, since Spidey had his hands wrapped around Wolverine's neck, ready to 'snap' it with his super strength (Spider-Man had ten times the strength of the average human being back then), Wolverine couldn't do anything. It was a stand off. They both knew there was nothing they could do without the risk of killing themselves, so they let eachother live.

Sans_Fi
he can only regenerate more advanced than what humans do. if we lose a limb we cant grow it back. ergo neither can wolverine

Yes, but he can lose a limb or break his bones cause the adamantium.... so, you can only drawn him, or inject him adamantium in his veins wink

cain marko
Originally posted by Sans_Fi
Yes, but he can lose a limb or break his bones cause the adamantium.... so, you can only drawn him, or inject him adamantium in his veins wink

i dont understand any of that? sad

Gornack
i dont understand any of that? sad

Okay, here's a little 'Wolverine 101'. I'm not the biggest know-it-all when it comes to him, but I was a huge Spidey fan back in the day, and my bro and I used to argue about this stuff all the time.

First of all, Wolverine's entire skeleton is covered with Adamantium. I may have spelled that wrong, but Adamantium is basically the strongest metal in the world, supposedly indestructible. This is why Magneto can control him; Magneto can manipulate metal. Therefore, Wolverine can drown, because having Adamantium bones ain't gonna help him there, and his neck can be snapped since the spinal cord can still be separated if the bones are moved out of place. You can't crush his spine, but you can break his spinal cords and that could kill him. Also, the regeneration stuff that a few others mentioned is true as well. If he was burned at a temperature higher than his regeneration rate, all that would be left would be his skeleton.

soul self
Is Woleverine and Dr. Doom similar? If the fantastic 4 defeated Dr. Doom, I dont see why nobody from x-men can't. It seems possible for wolverine to die. Could magneto just crush him into a ball?would that kill him?

LordKaos
With the adamantium Wolverines powers are limited to accelerated healing, but when he lost it the Xavier protocols said the only way to kill him is to decapitate him and move his head far enough from his body, because it would somehow reattach itself. Snapping his neck with the metal isn't possible is it? It would also to hard to make him bleed to death as the wounds would keep closing. Drowning him, launching him into space, suffocating him, burning him to ash, a power neutralizer (he would die from adamantium poisoning) would most likely do him in, as well as a very powerful focused psi-blast to incinerate his brain, but he might be able to regenerate brain tissue.

cain marko
Originally posted by LordKaos
With the adamantium Wolverines powers are limited to accelerated healing, but when he lost it the Xavier protocols said the only way to kill him is to decapitate him and move his head far enough from his body, because it would somehow reattach itself. Snapping his neck with the metal isn't possible is it? It would also to hard to make him bleed to death as the wounds would keep closing. Drowning him, launching him into space, suffocating him, burning him to ash, a power neutralizer (he would die from adamantium poisoning) would most likely do him in, as well as a very powerful focused psi-blast to incinerate his brain, but he might be able to regenerate brain tissue.

if he had no brain then there would be no command going to his body/cells telling them to regenerate

Marvel-knight
Regenerate?

is it comprehensible..... um how would his arm break off his adimentium skeliton is unbreakable

InnerRise
Originally posted by Marvel-knight
um how would his arm break off his adimentium skeliton is unbreakable

IF being the key word to get a point across. Don't think too much into it please.

KyubiRasengan
if logans hand was cut off he coul not grow it bac cuz he can not grow bac limbs in my xmen the new Age of the apocalypse comic cyclops blows it off and it stays and does not grow bac

capt it up
Originally posted by KyubiRasengan
if logans hand was cut off he coul not grow it bac cuz he can not grow bac limbs in my xmen the new Age of the apocalypse comic cyclops blows it off and it stays and does not grow bac
first off thats age of apoc. not normal universe. in normal universe scot could never of done that.

also wolverine can grow back limbs at least night crawler father who is the devil thinks so and he thought it would only take him seconds minuts tops.

also in wolverine 32 written by mark miller he survives having his head cut off and that way harder to heal then a arm.

also is this thread killing wolverine or killing him for good?
becuase yes u can kill him, but a lot of the times he won't stay dead. now if u mean killing him for good yes u could possable to do it, but the effort it would take would be extreme

wolverex84
as long as adamantium is present in his bones, he is virtually unbreakable. wolverine in age of apocalyspe is not consistent with the normal wolverine, i believe that there is a connection in his joints that his holding his bones together curse if it was just normal cartilage/tendon/ligaments, it would have ripped off when he fought power house guys like hulk, namor, thing, etc. the only way that one can be satisfied from wolverines death is if there is no flesh on his bones. all his flesh/blood etc ripped off his skeleton, burnt to the very last, absolutely no flesh remaining, then he is considered dead.

drwerwer
they cant kill wolvy in his own movie.

drwerwer
And ways to kill wolvy are sufficate him for a long time, If he loses enough blood or vital organs and anther way off the top of my head drowned him.

drwerwer
Originally posted by capt it up
first off thats age of apoc. not normal universe. in normal universe scot could never of done that.

also wolverine can grow back limbs at least night crawler father who is the devil thinks so and he thought it would only take him seconds minuts tops.

also in wolverine 32 written by mark miller he survives having his head cut off and that way harder to heal then a arm.

also is this thread killing wolverine or killing him for good?
becuase yes u can kill him, but a lot of the times he won't stay dead. now if u mean killing him for good yes u could possable to do it, but the effort it would take would be extreme
yea hes but killed many times but his healing factor always brings him back and didnt he heal one time from like a drop of his blood cant remember when but i think it did happen

capt it up
Originally posted by drwerwer
yea hes but killed many times but his healing factor always brings him back and didnt he heal one time from like a drop of his blood cant remember when but i think it did happen
yes he did, but that was due to a gempowergiving him energy. given enough energy wolverine can heal from pritty much any thing.

KharmaDog

Originally posted by drwerwer

That is why wolverine is such a ridiculous character. It's actually pathetic that instances like that have actually been written.

thefallen544
Didn't he regenerate from that drop of blood, because that drop of blood hit some sort of magical crystal. Rather than it just splatting on the floor and growing into a new Logan. Also about the psi blast frying the mind, it would depend on how much of the mind was fried if it was completely obliterated then there would be little to no chance of recovery if only minor areas unrelated to his powers were damaged initially its feasible that the brain tissue would be repaired by his healing factor. His healing factor is already theorised to have an effect on his mental state, it is a common theory that is at least in part responsible for his amnesia "Scabbing" over events that harm him both mentally and physically. However this is yet to be specifically stated or any conclusive proof offered.

zslick
there was a comic book was released about six years ago called wild things and i dont know if its still out there but in this book every one from x-men and avengers were dead! even that guy from fantastic four the one who can powers can stretch! well in this comic book wolverine was dead he had a block of cement under him and like big ass cement block on top of him which pretty much squished him!!

x-fetish
Originally posted by SuperTrevor
Can Wolverine die? I mean he can regenerate and stuff and I was just wondering how the heck you could kill someone who regenerates themself? If anybody knows please tell me?

yes. in x1 after the incident with rogue stealing his power,
logan says:i felt like she almost killed me
xavier said: if rogue had held on any longer she could have
wolverines killable, it'd just be damned difficult

Britrogue
Rogue could kill him.

capt it up
Originally posted by Britrogue
Rogue could kill him.
maby. that parts kinda iffy since as soon as she let go his healing factor would kick back in again.

InnerRise
Not if she held on long enough. If she let go after he died, then he'd be dead, no healing going on there.

The Pict
Originally posted by Britrogue
Rogue could kill him.

she could MAYBE kill movie wolverine, and that's only if he stood there and let her.

capt it up
Not if she held on long enough. If she let go after he died, then he'd be dead, no healing going on there.

actauly thats no true. once he was dead when she let go his healing factor would revive him just like it did with the death factor

InnerRise
Wolverine "Felt like she was killing me." (something like that)

Prof. X "If she had held on any longer she could have"

capt it up
Wolverine "Felt like she was killing me." (something like that)

Prof. X "If she had held on any longer she could have"

thats the movie smart one to abd this is a comic forum.

OR ARE YOU NO ABLE TO COMPREHEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO?

LORD JLRTENJAC
He does die in the comics

capt it up
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
He does die in the comics
true , but he does not stay dead

LORD JLRTENJAC
well all you need to do is destroy ALL of his cells, dead cells don't reproduce

InnerRise
thats the movie smart one to abd this is a comic forum.

OR ARE YOU NO ABLE TO COMPREHEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? Actually the Comic Book forum is down the hall to you right.

This is the X-Men forum. And if you haven't noticed. Lately everyone's been talking about the movie.

And thank you. I am the smart one.

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

capt it up
Actually the Comic Book forum is down the hall to you right.

This is the X-Men forum. And if you haven't noticed. Lately everyone's been talking about the movie.

And thank you. I am the smart one.

x-men forum still means that it is a comic debate unless other wises stated............go look at the rules

SO ARE U COMPREHENEDING WHAT I AM SAYING?

The Pict
x-men forum still means that it is a comic debate unless other wises stated............go look at the rules

SO ARE U COMPREHENEDING WHAT I AM SAYING?

there is more movie than comic debate right now
and calm down

InnerRise
Originally posted by The Pict
there is more movie than comic debate right now
and calm down
Thank you. Exactly what I am saying.

InnerRise

SO ARE U COMPREHENEDING WHAT I AM SAYING? Not really. ermm

(sorry for the double post)

capt it up
Not really. ermm

(sorry for the double post)

go take a look at the rules.

also comic wise no rogue doing that would not kill Logan not for good at least

The Pict
back onto topic of course wolverine can be killed, though he is pretty indestructible with his advanced healing factor + adamantium skeleton. If he suffers enough blood loss, vital organs destroyed etc then he dies. Its just a case of doing it before he heals up. but i doubt rogue's stealing abilitie power could do it.

capt it up
vital organs destroy or blood lose would not do it

The Pict

yes it would go to marvel directory read about wolverine and you'll find that is exactly what it says.

capt it up
yes it would go to marvel directory read about wolverine and you'll find that is exactly what it says.
dude that not even a official site and they are wrong all the time or clsoe to all the time lol.

I ahve almsot ever wolverine apearence hell i can disprove ur statement with scanns right now and comic issue numbers.

The Pict
i think they know more about comics than you or i,
plus im not sure what i am looking at on your last post.

capt it up
i think they know more about comics than you or i,
plus im not sure what i am looking at on your last post.
no they really don't not more then me about certain character at least.

oh thats a picture of wolverines heart exploding

The Pict
i read that somewhere else first, man. im gonna find it to prove my point, but not now cos i got work soon.

capt it up
i read that somewhere else first, man. im gonna find it to prove my point, but not now cos i got work soon.
it hardly matters if u read it some were becuase the fact is i can brign real comic info ton's of it to disprove it.

Philip_ll
wolverine can also die of old age.

Brutacus
let's see what marvel.com say's. or is that site also bull??? capt it up???

"Despite the extent of his healing factor, Wolverine is not immortal. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form, such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid, Wolverine can die"

According to marvel.com he can die, so he can die.

Rave X
Dunno if its mentioned, but Gorgon can kill him. He just has to look him in the eyes. He has killed Wolvie before.
And ressurected him, made him evil etc etc *sigh*

InnerRise

It seems obviously by your avatar and your sig and your posts/comments that you just won't accept that fact that your savior, Wolverine, can die.

The Pict
ok so i can't find the description of killing him anywhere else than on the websites listed on this page but im still going with marvel directory.

thorncrawler
promlem is he's a hard bugger to kill i've seen a comic, where mister sinister stops all mutations and we see logan in the future looking awful and almost dead due to adimantium poisoning, so drain his power leech can do it forge made a machen to do it sinister can do it many mutants can do it, but would you, as a team mate let them/(as a viewer) want theto?

The Wolverine
Wolverine can die from loss of blood or removal of internal organs. But his regenerative capabilities allow him to regenerate his eyes. But as far as i know he cannot regrow limbs. But it would be pretty hard to sever a limb made of adamantium. Also Wolverines adamantium skeleton is poisonous so he is constantly healing himself and only uses about 10% of his healing factor for other injuries.

wolverex84
Originally posted by The Wolverine
Wolverine can die from loss of blood or removal of internal organs. But his regenerative capabilities allow him to regenerate his eyes. But as far as i know he cannot regrow limbs. But it would be pretty hard to sever a limb made of adamantium. Also Wolverines adamantium skeleton is poisonous so he is constantly healing himself and only uses about 10% of his healing factor for other injuries.

dude, where did you hear that adamantium was poisonous?, to clear you mind, first of all you need to get you facts right, first adamantium is not poisonous to the human system, it bonds to human bones on a molecular level, it does not interfere with the normal body functions of the bones say, the production of red blood cells. adamantium is pure and indestructible. second, wolverine's healing factor is automatically activated anytime he pops up any of his claws. if adamantium was poisonous then wolverine's healing factor will always be on overdrive.

thorncrawler
adimantium is poisonous maybe its the quantitys but he does suffer from adimantium poisoning

capt it up
Originally posted by Brutacus
let's see what marvel.com say's. or is that site also bull??? capt it up???

"Despite the extent of his healing factor, Wolverine is not immortal. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form, such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid, Wolverine can die"

According to marvel.com he can die, so he can die.
That sit eis also written by fans and I never said wolverien could not die I just said destroying a vital organ won't do it

capt it up
It seems obviously by your avatar and your sig and your posts/comments that you just won't accept that fact that your savior, Wolverine, can die.

Again you assume stuff with out any knowledge of what you are talking about. I have already stated Logan can die and I stated that mark miller idea was the best example of wolverines healing factor.

DarkCrawler
He can defenitely die.

By removing a vital organ? No.

Shalimar_fox
yea he can die. toss him in an pit of fire.his healing factor can work while he's being burned alive or drown him.he needs air no matter what.just one of the 3 x-women that can kill him

botcherby
dude, where did you hear that adamantium was poisonous?, to clear you mind, first of all you need to get you facts right, first adamantium is not poisonous to the human system, it bonds to human bones on a molecular level, it does not interfere with the normal body functions of the bones say, the production of red blood cells. adamantium is pure and indestructible. second, wolverine's healing factor is automatically activated anytime he pops up any of his claws. if adamantium was poisonous then wolverine's healing factor will always be on overdrive.

when the high evolutionary removed the mutants' powers... Wolverine was dying due to adamantium poisoning... without his healing factor he'd die with his adamantium.

That is the reason why wolverine was effective for the weapon x program because he could survive the adamantium bonding process. because he'd be constantly healing himself from the adamantium poisoning.

and thats the reason that when Wolverine no longer had adamantium, his healing factor was stronger... a lot stronger.

i don't know who came up with adamantium being poisonous, but its stated in the comics, so in the comics at least adamantium is poisonous in the way wolverine has it.

Rave X

dude, you need to get the facts right

wolverex84
Originally posted by Rave X
dude, you need to get the facts right

all i just said is right, i rememebr when leech wiped out his healing factor, and he was dieing slowing, not from adamantium poisoning but from bleeding becuase anytime he pops out his claws, his healing factor does not close the wounds on his knockles, hence there by causing him to loose alot of blood.

Rave X
all i just said is right, i rememebr when leech wiped out his healing factor, and he was dieing slowing, not from adamantium poisoning but from bleeding becuase anytime he pops out his claws, his healing factor does not close the wounds on his knockles, hence there by causing him to loose alot of blood.

He has almost died from adamantium poisoning when someone/something took away/neutralized all mutant powers....

capt it up
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He can defenitely die.

By removing a vital organ? No.
yup

cagadaman
Yeah, he can die. He wouldn't die without a fight of course, but it's possible. Although he does have healing powers, they aren't so extreme that a clip of bullets to the head wouldn't kill him. Now if his healing powers where extreme like Deadpool's, then yes he would survive. He would basically be immortal.

miroku
cagadaman i was about to say wolverine
would be immortal

InnerRise
Again you assume stuff with out any knowledge of what you are talking about. I have already stated Logan can die and I stated that mark miller idea was the best example of wolverines healing factor.
Actually all I've been seeing from you is that Wolverine is invincible.

wsg
Actually, as much as I hate to say this, Wolverine being my fave, he is destructable. I know of atleast two ways to kill him.

capt it up
Actually all I've been seeing from you is that Wolverine is invincible.

well then ur an idiot

InnerRise
well then ur an idiot
Not really.

Now group up.

Calling somebody an idiot ove a discussion about whether a FICTIONAL characer can DIE is what I'd call idiotic.

Wouldn't you?

Probably not since you're donig exactly that.

archangel07
didn't the xavier protocols include the way to "stop" Wolverine in extreme cases - i think it mentioned severing his head off from the body .

wsg
Well, that's going to take alot of sawing because you can't sever his head from his body... he has an adamantium spinal chord and neck bone! You can't saw thru that! But you CAN tie his hands behind him real tight, so he can't pop his calws to get away, weight him down with an anchor of adamantium, throw him in the ocean and let h im drown. Or, you could pump him full of adamantuim and let his lungs fill up so's he can't breath. Any flaws? Comments on my flaws? Fixes?

Brutacus
lol didn't thought of that myself, you're brutal for a girl lol, "pump his lungs full of adamantium" smile

The Pict
Originally posted by cagadaman
Yeah, he can die. He wouldn't die without a fight of course, but it's possible. Although he does have healing powers, they aren't so extreme that a clip of bullets to the head wouldn't kill him. Now if his healing powers where extreme like Deadpool's, then yes he would survive. He would basically be immortal.

bullets to the head? be serious they wouldn't get through his skull. he has been shot hundreds of times and always survives.

capt it up
bullets to the head? be serious they wouldn't get through his skull. he has been shot hundreds of times and always survives.

thefallen544
Originally posted by wsg
Well, that's going to take alot of sawing because you can't sever his head from his body... he has an adamantium spinal chord and neck bone! You can't saw thru that! But you CAN tie his hands behind him real tight, so he can't pop his calws to get away, weight him down with an anchor of adamantium, throw him in the ocean and let h im drown. Or, you could pump him full of adamantuim and let his lungs fill up so's he can't breath. Any flaws? Comments on my flaws? Fixes?

Killing Wolverine by severing his head from his body can only be done on Logan when he did not have his adamantium bonded to his skeleton. When he does not have adamantium it seems his healing factor is significantly more potent. Meaning that a wound that would have killed him before would not. If he was merley decapitated during the time of his more potent healing factor it is believed at least by Xavier that were his head to be left in the vicinity of the body there would be swift muscle and nerve regrowth.

Loot

Darth Jello
ways to kill wolverine/ways he can die
1. old age. He's not immortal, all future storylines and alternate universes show that he does age, albeit much slower than baseline humans and mutants.
2. Sudden severe trauma can burn out his healing factor and leave him temporarily vulnerable to mortal wounds.
3.Wounding him while his powers are dampened or removed
4. decapitating him and moving his head a considerable distance from his neck
5.incinerating all organic tissue in his body through great heat.
6. exposure to antarctic vibranium should simultaneously shatter all his bones
7. Shooting him with several of Maverick's bullets (powerful enough to temporarily kill deadpool).
8. Have one of Dr. Strange's associates blink

wsg

wsg
Originally posted by Brutacus
lol didn't thought of that myself, you're brutal for a girl lol, "pump his lungs full of adamantium" smile

Yes, I can think of some nasty things to do to people. evil face Like take a potato pealer, slice off all thier skin and pour salt in thier wounds and watch them shriek in terror and agony. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

The Pict
*backing away* fear

capt it up
ya im not so sure he can

The Pict
ya im not so sure he can

where did that come from?

wsg
Pump his lungs full of adamantium, he will not be able to breath therefore, he dies.

The Pict
Originally posted by wsg
Pump his lungs full of adamantium, he will not be able to breath therefore, he dies.

worked for movie deathstrike, right enough.

Vinny Valentine
Put him beside Leech and Shoot him.

quiqueg34
Professor X using Cerebro,

Rogue being rogue,

Professor X making Wolverine put his own claw in his eye and swirling it around.

plenty of ways... unfortunately. He's my favorite character.

quiqueg34
Maybe something like this...

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/667/667856/ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-20051117010529051.jpg

capt it up
where did that come from?
wolverine civil war issue 43

capt it up
Originally posted by quiqueg34
Professor X using Cerebro,

Rogue being rogue,

Professor X making Wolverine put his own claw in his eye and swirling it around.

plenty of ways... unfortunately. He's my favorite character. '

not one of those ways would kill him

capt it up

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/667/667856/ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-20051117010529051.jpg
that won't work on 616 wolverine

xmarksthespot
'

not one of those ways would kill him Rogue drain's lifeforce and powers and you think that if she did that to him he wouldn't die... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Professor can shut down the mind so that even basic mental functions do not work resulting in death... but he wouldn't die roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Rogue drain's lifeforce and powers and you think that if she did that to him he wouldn't die... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Professor can shut down the mind so that even basic mental functions do not work resulting in death... but he wouldn't die roll eyes (sarcastic)
rouge could drain all she wants once she let go he be revived. he did so when the death factor killed him and the death factor drained him to nuthing.

professor could shut down his brain and such to bad wolverine body does not need his brain to heal.

xmarksthespot
rouge could drain all she wants once she let go he be revived. he did so when the death factor killed him and the death factor drained him to nuthing.

professor could shut down his brain and such to bad wolverine body does not need his brain to heal. Do you not understand the concept of death or something? If the Professor stops his mid- and hindbrain, he'll stop breathing, his cells won't be able to metabolise, they'll lose energy, they'll die. He'll die.

Rogue takes lifeforce and powers, she holds on long enough she can keep them permanently.

capt it up
Do you not understand the concept of death or something? If the Professor stops his mid- and hindbrain, he'll stop breathing, his cells won't be able to metabolise, they'll lose energy, they'll die. He'll die.

Rogue takes lifeforce and powers, she holds on long enough she can keep them permanently.
rogue part is not for certain that it would.

I understand the concept of death. again you seem to think wolverine needs his brain to function which he does not. wolverine has been stated many times that his cells have his healing in them and even if his brain is not workign his body will repair it self.

xmarksthespot
rogue part is not for certain that it would.

I understand the concept of death. again you seem to think wolverine needs his brain to function which he does not. wolverine has been stated many times that his cells have his healing in them and even if his brain is not workign his body will repair it self. Let me run this through slowly.

It doesn't matter whether or not his brain is needed for healing. His brain is needed for living. He cannot live without brain function. Regardless of whether he can heal tissue damage he will die from oxygen deprivation unless he somehow evolves a means of absorbing oxygen from the air passively or learns to photosynthesise. And he will stay dead.

capt it up
Let me run this through slowly.

It doesn't matter whether or not his brain is needed for healing. His brain is needed for living. He cannot live without brain function. Regardless of whether he can heal tissue damage he will die from oxygen deprivation unless he somehow evolves a means of absorbing oxygen from the air passively or learns to photosynthesise. And he will stay dead.
again no he won't his brain will reboot it self after a while and he will revive.

quiqueg34
Xmarksthespot seems more correct. I know you must love wolverine and I do also, but he could not live without brain function. If we want to talk about real biology then it's impossible... Brain controls air intake... air/O2 is essential to any cell function in the body producing the ATP (adenecine triphosphate) that powers everything (minus glycolosis). We have to remember this is fiction. If anyone is interested, I doubt you are, I could come up with a great explaination for his powers when it comes to biology.

capt it up
Xmarksthespot seems more correct. I know you must love wolverine and I do also, but he could not live without brain function. If we want to talk about real biology then it's impossible... Brain controls air intake... air/O2 is essential to any cell function in the body producing the ATP (adenecine triphosphate) that powers everything (minus glycolosis). We have to remember this is fiction. If anyone is interested, I doubt you are, I could come up with a great explaination for his powers when it comes to biology.

wolverine 32 by mark miller. wolverine re grow a head

The Pict

how does the hulk rip wolverine in half. his bones are adamantuim or is this just like a cover or something?

capt it up
how does the hulk rip wolverine in half. his bones are adamantuim or is this just like a cover or something?
that ultimate universe that totaly different

Scarlet_Spidey
He can't die unless he drowns or isn't supplied with oxygen. Otherwise, you can't break his neck, since he has an adamantium skeleton which is indestructable, he can't be shot, he can't lose his arm because of the skeleton ... and yes, he regenerates.

Shalimar_fox
another way to kill him is by his teammate.only an hand full of the x-men can kill him

Storm She can send so much elasticity into his body that his healing factor couldn't keep up

Jean,Emma,Pr.X just screw with his mind till he becomes brain dead
rogue absorb his life force
Magma burn him do to his skeleton

The Pict
that ultimate universe that totaly different

i read ultimate x-men, and it still goes with adamantuim being unbreakable. so it must be a cover, concept or something.

xmarksthespot
wolverine 32 by mark miller. wolverine re grow a head Misleading, never shown on panel.

capt it up
Misleading, never shown on panel.
how is it misleading? it was crealy stated.

quiqueg34
It's the bone that is covered in adamantium not the disks made of connective tissue in between. If his whole spine was covered he wouldn't be able to move and bend. Honestly, I don't know how you guys haven't thought of this before. I'm not too sure about 616 but the spine can't be one piece and when it's not... that's where it could be ripped apart!

ShadowCat_x
Wolverine can die of old age.
Because of his accelerated healing process, it means he doesnt age as fast but he does age slowly..
Very slowly.. >;]

quiqueg34
What if he had a well balanced diet and exercised regularly? J/K.

ShadowCat_x
o.o

capt it up
It's the bone that is covered in adamantium not the disks made of connective tissue in between. If his whole spine was covered he wouldn't be able to move and bend. Honestly, I don't know how you guys haven't thought of this before. I'm not too sure about 616 but the spine can't be one piece and when it's not... that's where it could be ripped apart!

cain marko
give me five minutes in a room with him....

IceDragon

Shutup with the "is it comprehensible rubbish, your really starting to annoy.

Wolverine2006
U can drown him, the Gorgon can look him in the eyes, or u can completely obliterate everything except his skeleton off of him.

capt it up
Originally posted by IceDragon

Shutup with the "is it comprehensible rubbish, your really starting to annoy.
I agree

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Exactly. In Spider-Man VS Wolverine, there was a point where Wolverine had his fist below Spidey's chin, ready to 'snikt' his claws right up into Spidey's skull. However, since Spidey had his hands wrapped around Wolverine's neck, ready to 'snap' it with his super strength (Spider-Man had ten times the strength of the average human being back then), Wolverine couldn't do anything. It was a stand off. They both knew there was nothing they could do without the risk of killing themselves, so they let eachother live. I dont think spider-man couldve snapped wolverines neck. at least not in a split second it takes wolverine to pop his claws. Because it took the Hulk driven to a bloodlust frezy , pulping wolvie over and over and over to final dislodge a single verterbrae. So unless you believe spider-man is stronger than the hulk. he cant do it and lacks the killer instincts. Its like being in a gun fight you dont pull it out for show and tell, you use it. spider-man is a wimp (snikt!)

sapphiremouse
yes he did, but that was due to a gempowergiving him energy. given enough energy wolverine can heal from pritty much any thing. yepper pupper , that was from Uncanny X-men Annual # 11 big grin

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
I dont think spider-man couldve snapped wolverines neck. at least not in a split second it takes wolverine to pop his claws. Because it took the Hulk driven to a bloodlust frezy , pulping wolvie over and over and over to final dislodge a single verterbrae. So unless you believe spider-man is stronger than the hulk. he cant do it and lacks the killer instincts. Its like being in a gun fight you dont pull it out for show and tell, you use it. spider-man is a wimp (snikt!) think wolverine just said that to spider-man that he could use all his strength to snap his neck to make him feel better. lol

Kaos sebaceous
rogue could kill him by sucking all his life force out

Cerberus
Originally posted by SuperTrevor

I bet ya if you nuked him he wouldn't get back up, lol

tomcat

spiderboy5
Mags could kill him quite easily.......

capt it up
Originally posted by Cerberus
I bet ya if you nuked him he wouldn't get back up, lol

tomcat
it happen and he did lol

Cerberus
Damn, really?

Tough-ass dude...

apoc001
In one comic Mystique slit his throat and he lost too much blood before he could heal. Also I'm sure that a fully-equipped Maverick could do the job.

peejayd
it happen and he did lol

* it's BS... Wolverine's flesh will be incinerated by the nuke, there is no way in hell he'll survive a nuke... no, not even his healing ability... i'm sorry... not unless he's Perfect Cell with Piccolo's blood... hehehe... stick out tongue

Maddox
would need to somehow destroy his adamantium skeleton, from that he can completely regenerate his entire body. Blood loss, total organic destruction etc etc doesnt cut it, he has bone infused with the adamantium so these undesctructable cells is all that is needed to completely reform him. Drowning him would work, until he came across dry land in which he would be revived, suffocation wouldnt work, he would go into a coma until after conditions allowed, he would revive lol. More than just the punisher has rendered him little more than a shiny skeleton only to have him comletely regenerate in X amount of time (depending on artist/author)

Bit farfetched yea, am not a wolverine fan bhoi myself but hell its cannon >.<.

peejayd
* i thought his bones were only laced by adamantium, not infused... one more thing, adamantium is a metal, there is no way it can help Logan regenerate... wink

apoc001
Magneto could rip him apart.

Maddox
Originally posted by peejayd
* i thought his bones were only laced by adamantium, not infused... one more thing, adamantium is a metal, there is no way it can help Logan regenerate... wink

if they were just laced then it wouldnt stop red cell production wink and therefore his adamantium skeleton helps him heal ergo due to an indestructable source of genetic information he can use to rebuild himself.

But yea, anything that can rip adamantium apart can probably kill him np big grin

-Ri-
but, really, could you sna his neck? or rip off his arm? i thought adamantium was indestructable. so it would prove rather hard...
but drownings a good one.
or, i suppose, gutting him

UltimateStryfe
sntinal hand blast. days of future past.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>