Are we nerds geeks etc etc.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Now I've noticed people using this as an insult on us Comic book/versus forum inhabitants when things go sour for them.

I dare to prove them wrong.

Now a Geek , is usually a term for someone with a keen love of science , and a high level of knowledge* (such to a degree that they pull apart their pc's just to manually upgrade them)

Does anyone do that here , I have no problem here but does anyone at all . I thought not.

A nerd on the other hand is very close to us , but still different . A nerd is someone who usually buy's HEAVILY into SciFi , such as they know how to speak entire sentences in Klingon (Again i have no problem with this , hell i can say a word or two myself...damn Sky One adverts)

And what are we ? Before anyone asks

All we are , are a group of quasi savvy computer users (Quasi Savvy in the sense that we dint know how to use our computer to it's full potential , but can use it too pull of minor feats such as Sig making or AMV's) who have a keen interest in comics and their continuity.

-GF

*Not to say being Smart is a bad thing , I myself regularly spank a large group of women on a general knowledge quiz with relative ease....

Mr.V
Meh, we are indies with too much spair time on our hands big grin we read comics until they become a semi-obsession and then spend our days talking about them on comic forums stick out tongue

Takion
I'm a geek in school. But im preety popular here.

Mr.V
Originally posted by Takion
I'm a geek in school. But im preety popular here.

Ha ha! geek! geek! stick out tongue lol only jking tak ur ok big grin

A.J
Originally posted by grey fox
Now I've noticed people using this as an insult on us Comic book/versus forum inhabitants when things go sour for them.

Now a Geek , is usually a term for someone with a keen love of science , and a high level of knowledge* (such to a degree that they pull apart their pc's just to manually upgrade them)

Does anyone do that here , I have no problem here but does anyone at all . I thought not.

A nerd on the other hand is very close to us , but still different . A nerd is someone who usually buy's HEAVILY into SciFi , such as they know how to speak entire sentences in Klingon (Again i have no problem with this , hell i can say a word or two myself...damn Sky One adverts)

All we are , are a group of quasi savvy computer users (Quasi Savvy in the sense that we dint know how to use our computer to it's full potential , but can use it too pull of minor feats such as Sig making or AMV's) who have a keen interest in comics and their continuity.

-GF

*Not to say being Smart is a bad thing , I myself regularly spank a large group of women on a general knowledge quiz with relative ease....

Whats your IQ fox because you are one smart mother...

Takion
Originally posted by Mr.V
Ha ha! geek! geek! stick out tongue lol only jking tak ur ok big grin
I have a 86% average in school.

geek

grey fox
Originally posted by A.J
Whats your IQ fox because you are one smart mother...

I'm unsure , I've never taken a test.....

Sparkz
I'm a 129 which apparently is above average...I never seem to show it though, maybe I'm just good at tests.

A.J
I'm unsure , I've never taken a test..... Fox you need to, im not very good with school but i have a high IQ beleive it or not.

Dont say a word val. laughing

Mr.V
Other-wise I think that us comic book readers are generally are quite popular big grin

Mr.V
Originally posted by A.J
Fox you need to, im not very good with school but i have a high IQ beleive it or not.

dots

Mr.V
Originally posted by A.J
Fox you need to, im not very good with school but i have a high IQ beleive it or not.

stupid

A.J
Originally posted by Mr.V
dots Is that the best you could come up with im shocked and apalled. sad

willRules

-GF

No we are all just nerds big grin

A.J
Originally posted by willRules
No we are all just nerds big grin IM CERTANTLY NOT !!! mad

grey fox
I just took a test , I'm a 120 apparently..yay me .

Originally posted by Sparkz
I'm a 129 which apparently is above average...I never seem to show it though, maybe I'm just good at tests.

Damn ye spark's I'll hunt you down and eat your delicious knowledge filled brain.

I live in the same country as you remember evil face I'm not like these American yahoo's who need two hundred Dollars to arrive in our country.....

But seriosuly though, 100 is (from what wikipedia tells me) the average.

King KAM
chicks dig guys who are themselves. i feel reading comics only makes me a better and more interesting person....comic rule.

Swanky-Tuna
I think we're all geeks. We're paying to talk to people on machines.

Damn ye spark's I'll hunt you down and eat your delicious knowledge filled brain.

I live in the same country as you remember evil face I'm not like these American yahoo's who need two hundred Dollars to arrive in our country.....

And the first thing you should trust is an internet IQ test.

grey fox
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

And the first thing you should trust is an internet IQ test.

Hey , it's that or nothing. I also apparently used 'The Internets most trusted Iq test'

Blair Wind

same could be said to those who use AIM, MSN messenger, ect.

Im not considered a geek or a nerd by others. Most people dont even know I read comics. So I guess Im a closest geek/nerd

(I always thought Nerds were just intelligent, but had no common sense, fashion sense....anything that wasnt in the books basically) Someone can however be intelligent and NOT a nerd......

Nataku8188
I prefer the term "Socially misaligned sociopath"

but I guess geek or nerd works too.

grey fox
Originally posted by Nataku8188

I like that ..i might use that.....

freezedoom
I'm more semi-nerd, semi-dork, semi-geek
since I don't read comics or follow the DC and
Marvel universes

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Nataku8188

I prefer "Sex Baron" but we don't all get what we want.

drwerwer
im popular at school but then again no one kows i read comics

King KAM
Originally posted by freezedoom
I'm more semi-nerd, semi-dork, semi-geek
since I don't read comics or follow the DC and
Marvel universes than what the f-uck you doing here?

Grimm22
I like to put it how John Bryne said it.

Guy-"Oh come on, everybody knows that only kids read comic books"

Bryne- "Only the smart kids." cool

John Bryne is awesome

Psyquis52
I'm not a geek because I read comic books.

I'm not a nerd because I can take apart my computer or talk about comic books online.

A comic book geek is unnecasarilly attached to a character and thinks they are invincible. (ie Wolverine, Batman, Superman, Hulk, Juggernaut, Thor.)

A comic book nerd can tell you the issue number and what year it came out. It's very hard to be a comic book nerd.

I am a geek because I'm huge into Godzilla movies and I can name for you every monster in every Godzilla movie and tell you what movie they were in.

DigiMark007
Sex baron...lol

I always use geek more than nerd, but that's me. I also refer to myself as a dork sometimes....probably more often than either or those two.

Psyquis52
Hey Digi! Maybe you can help me with a question.
Why was the Wolverine vs Aliens thread closed?

The Aliens are definately comic book characters. What happened there?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Hey Digi! Maybe you can help me with a question.
Why was the Wolverine vs Aliens thread closed?

The Aliens are definately comic book characters. What happened there?

Yeah, but no one knows them from the comics (hardly, at least). 95% of public knowledge of Aliens is from the movies, which doesn't make them the "primarily comic characters" that they need to be to have threads in the vs. forum.

If we let everything that has a comic or two into the forum, we'd be flooded with even more threads than we are already. As it is, I make exceptions occasionally if they have a lot of prominent comics, but the line often becomes hard to draw.

But that's why I clsoed it. Nothing personal...just a practical decision.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, but no one knows them from the comics (hardly, at least). 95% of public knowledge of Aliens is from the movies, which doesn't make them the "primarily comic characters" that they need to be to have threads in the vs. forum.

If we let everything that has a comic or two into the forum, we'd be flooded with even more threads than we are already. As it is, I make exceptions occasionally if they have a lot of prominent comics, but the line often becomes hard to draw.

But that's why I clsoed it. Nothing personal...just a practical decision.

big grin Okay. Just curious.

Tha C-Master

And the first thing you should trust is an internet IQ test. Like a phone?

marvelprince
I wonder what I am. I'm only slightly above average with computer knowledge, Im more of a casual reader of comics than anything. I have the glasses, but I do go out and work out alot. I refer to myself as a comic nerd sometimes around friends but they laugh and tell me no Im not. Guess I don't have a classification

marvelprince
BTW my IQ is 129

Sparkz

How do you plan to eat my brains when I have such superior intellect...you'll never get close enough to me mwhahahahahaha...cough...ok could you give me a time when your gonna eat my brains, at least then i have a rough estimation of when to expect you, we can bake cookies smile

grey fox
How do you plan to eat my brains when I have such superior intellect...you'll never get close enough to me mwhahahahahaha...cough...ok could you give me a time when your gonna eat my brains, at least then i have a rough estimation of when to expect you, we can bake cookies smile

Don't try to bribe me with your infernal cookies !

marvelprince
Hey, I don't get anybody clamouring for my cerebral matter? What kinda world is it where no one will threaten to eat your brains?

Scarecrow756
Are We Nerds or Geeks?

Well I don`t really care being labeled as a geek. The world only labels us like this because they got nothing else better to do. But I say lets not let this put us down, we should be proud of what we are and not let anyone say otherwise. mad mad mad mad mad mad

Sparkz
Originally posted by marvelprince
Hey, I don't get anybody clamouring for my cerebral matter? What kinda world is it where no one will threaten to eat your brains?

Well i just offerd cookies, so its a no brainer...

Sparkz
Don't try to bribe me with your infernal cookies !

Ha Ha the temptation is to much for you isn't it...I cn feel you weaken.

branhole
im pretty pop in school but in here i dont think anyone likes me.

Scoobless
A comic book geek is unnecasarilly attached to a character and thinks they are invincible. (ie Wolverine, Batman, Superman, Hulk, Juggernaut, Thor.)

That's what a fanboy is, I'd say a geek (which i sometimes class myself as) is a person with a healthy appetite for most things sci-fi and/or fantasy

I personally read a crap load of comic titles, watch TV programmes like Stargate, Star Trek, Buffy, Angel, etc, etc......

I don't limit myself to these forms of entertainment.... i read books, watch documentaries, go to the gym, play golf and love playing poker.... but as my level of knowledge on sci-fi and fantasy is far above the norm i consider myself a geek

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Scoobless
That's what a fanboy is, I'd say a geek (which i sometimes class myself as) is a person with a healthy appetite for most things sci-fi and/or fantasy

I personally read a crap load of comic titles, watch TV programmes like Stargate, Star Trek, Buffy, Angel, etc, etc......

I don't limit myself to these forms of entertainment.... i read books, watch documentaries, go to the gym, play golf and love playing poker.... but as my level of knowledge on sci-fi and fantasy is far above the norm i consider myself a geek

I can work with that. However I was being more direct on comic-book geek than geek in general.

In other words, I was just trying to clarify my definition of a comic book geek rather than a atypical geek.

Also clarifying the difference between a comic book nerd rather than a normal nerd.

A.J

I don't limit myself to these forms of entertainment.... i read books, watch documentaries, go to the gym, play golf and love playing poker.... but as my level of knowledge on sci-fi and fantasy is far above the norm i consider myself a geek Im a teeny weeny bit of a fanboy but im no geek............i think embarrasment

HellMaster93
I'm a 129 which apparently is above average...I never seem to show it though, maybe I'm just good at tests. It is. i'm a 126 myself and 100 is average... then again, that was a random inteernet IQ Quiz so i'll also have this supposedly "highly reliable" IQ Test E-Mailed to me... big grin

HellMaster93
Originally posted by marvelprince
Hey, I don't get anybody clamouring for my cerebral matter? What kinda world is it where no one will threaten to eat your brains? Fear not, I'll eat your loevely three-higher-IQ brain matter in a flash!droolio

DarkCrawler
I'd say some of us are defenitely pretty high on intelligence. Just look at some of the 100 page long debates and all the science included in them.

manjaro
i bumbled my first semester in 9th grade, but from the last three all thourght high school its been straight a's and in college all a's baby!, but i know dick about computers

Black Rob
I prefer dork

Darth Vicious
Im into comic very much, im a Marvel zombie and im into movies,otherwise I wouldnt be in this forum. Im very popular and evrybody thinks im "cool peoples". Im also whats considered in the 70's Show as "man-pretty", I get laid too much i would say(lol, I dont like to brag but its been a good year so far), theres nothing better than read a good comic or Wizard after a good sex session, lol. I guess theres a time for everything and in my case I know a lot of people that are into different things, comics, movies, sports, cars. So am I a nerd, No, Im a simple guy that likes to keep his mind sharp, informed. I see comics as a form of art not something for kids.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Like a phone?
A phone has a lot of practical uses other than just chatting. And as time moves on, more and more business happens online and the opportunity to say "we're paying to talk to each other on machines" slowly slips alway.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im into comic very much, im a Marvel zombie and im into movies,otherwise I wouldnt be in this forum. Im very popular and evrybody thinks im "cool peoples". Im also whats considered in the 70's Show as "man-pretty", I get laid too much i would say(lol, I dont like to brag but its been a good year so far), theres nothing better than read a good comic or Wizard after a good sex session, lol. I guess theres a time for everything and in my case I know a lot of people that are into different things, comics, movies, sports, cars. So am I a nerd, No, Im a simple guy that likes to keep his mind sharp, informed. I see comics as a form of art not something for kids.

You're probably a overweight, middle-aged man sitting in his mother's basement with a pair of goggles on and a cape. Whenever you say you get laid too much that's the impression I get. laughing

Just kidding. wink I'm certain you are pretty but bare in mind one thing:

Women like men who look and act like women. It's the truth. laughing

embarrasment Boy, I hope he can take a joke.

Sea King

um wow WTF dude thats just messed up the tread asks are we nerds and u tell all that um i dont like to call people liars when i dont know them so i wont but dude if all that stuff is true then why would you even think about stateing it i mean who cares what we think of your life cause were just people from the other side of your computer that you will probly never meet so ah yeah

HellMaster93
What? and Swanky-Tuna, I am not paying to talk to you, I just have a set payment each month...

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Sea King
um wow WTF dude thats just messed up the tread asks are we nerds and u tell all that um i dont like to call people liars when i dont know them so i wont but dude if all that stuff is true then why would you even think about stateing it i mean who cares what we think of your life cause were just people from the other side of your computer that you will probly never meet so ah yeah

Then why u having a fit about it. I dont have to lie anything. I only find it amazing that most people that dont read comics finds us the ones that do as nerds just because they dont share our interests. If u saw me in the street you wouldnt think i know shit about comics, most women that i meet gets surprised when they see me reading a Spider-Man comic book. So was it necessary for me to point that i get laid on a regular basis? maybe, maybe not but if im considered a nerd because i read comic books, then yes i am. Do i fit the the "nerd" profile? NO. In closing I would like to apologize to Mr.Mother Teresa if he got offended by my comments.

Darth Vicious
You're probably a overweight, middle-aged man sitting in his mother's basement with a pair of goggles on and a cape. Whenever you say you get laid too much that's the impression I get. laughing

Just kidding. wink I'm certain you are pretty but bare in mind one thing:

Women like men who look and act like women. It's the truth. laughing

FYI: I hit the gym 5 times a week, Im not middle-aged and the pair of googles and capes u asked for them back, lol. Isnt ironic that what u described me as is what most people think of people who read comic books look like, sadly there are a few like that but not all of us.

embarrasment Boy, I hope he can take a joke.

Sea King
Then why u having a fit about it. I dont have to lie anything. I only find it amazing that most people that dont read comics finds us the ones that do as nerds just because they dont share our interests. If u saw me in the street you wouldnt think i know shit about comics, most women that i meet gets surprised when they see me reading a Spider-Man comic book. So was it necessary for me to point that i get laid on a regular basis? maybe, maybe not but if im considered a nerd because i read comic books, then yes i am. Do i fit the the "nerd" profile? NO. In closing I would like to apologize to Mr.Mother Teresa if he got offended by my comments.

no not offened at all and im not haveing a fit im just saying i dont realy think that all that info was needed but i gess if u want to tell then go for it, its just a littel messed up that u feel that u need to go in that much detail

Creshosk
Lets find out shall we?
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=9935030990046738815

Modern, Cool Nerd
73 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 30% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

Sea King
i scored joe normal

grey fox
I can get on well in a common interaction , I just hate everyone is all.

I personaly think i'm a bit of a misanthropist.

leonidas
Are we nerds geeks etc etc.....

yes. but we're cool geeks and nerds.

cool

Private Pion
We need our own name.

I nomitate 'Flooge'.

Or Comicaholic.

Sea King
Originally posted by Private Pion
We need our own name.

I nomitate 'Flooge'.

Or Comicaholic.

i like Flooge its got a ring
gun_bandanajump
starwars

Private Pion
Flooge: Person capable of understanding and creating psuedo-science, remembering inane facts about fictional characters and their authors.

Sound good?

leonidas
uh, is that pronounced FLOOJ or FLOOG . . .? confused

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Private Pion
Flooge: Person capable of understanding and creating psuedo-science, remembering inane facts about fictional characters and their authors.

Sound good?

Okay. Here's the deal. Anybody who calls themself a Flooge is officially a geek. That's just how it's going to work. laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by Creshosk
Lets find out shall we?

Modern, Cool Nerd
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

Joe Normal
39 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 17% Dork

sad ......... i'm only 95% complete...... no expression

You scored higher than 17% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 53% on geekosity

You scored higher than 17% on dork points

DarkCrawler
Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 21% Geek, 47% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

newjak86
I'm not sure a typical comic book reader can be a nerd or geek. Basically a comic book reader who is willing to get on a forum and talk about them is an awkward area.
Unlike many other medias or specific geekdom or nerdom meadiums comic books are genreally approached and excepted by many types of peoples.

While I cinsider myself a bit of a nerd and geek I'm fairly smart and I love Sci-Fi especially Star Wars and I love comics. I like to write stories and other things.

The main reason though I say comic books can't be placed in the realm of nerdom or geekness is this. I muself am not the typical person who reads comics. I happen to be a 250 pound college football player who is interested and loves to play sports.
What I have found while criusing these forums is that alot of people on this forum is also into many other things not considered to be nerdy or geeky. Like lifting, cars, Drinking(Scoob) and thus we are a melting pot of different people who just happen to like comics and enjoy talking about them with other comic book readers.

Sea King
Originally posted by newjak86
I'm not sure a typical comic book reader can be a nerd or geek. Basically a comic book reader who is willing to get on a forum and talk about them is an awkward area.
Unlike many other medias or specific geekdom or nerdom meadiums comic books are genreally approached and excepted by many types of peoples.

While I cinsider myself a bit of a nerd and geek I'm fairly smart and I love Sci-Fi especially Star Wars and I love comics. I like to write stories and other things.

The main reason though I say comic books can't be placed in the realm of nerdom or geekness is this. I muself am not the typical person who reads comics. I happen to be a 250 pound college football player who is interested and loves to play sports.
What I have found while criusing these forums is that alot of people on this forum is also into many other things not considered to be nerdy or geeky. Like lifting, cars, Drinking(Scoob) and thus we are a melting pot of different people who just happen to like comics and enjoy talking about them with other comic book readers.

u just brought a tear to my eye one eye

Scoobless
Like lifting, cars, Drinking(Scoob)

no expression

I haven't come onto KMC drunk in months...... and it was my birthday the other week

beer

stick out tongue

newjak86
no expression

I haven't come onto KMC drunk in months...... and it was my birthday the other week

beer

stick out tongue Good for you Scoob and happy Birthday even though it may be a little late.

badabing

Amen brother. I had to quit my comic reading through HS and college because I played sports and was in the "it" crowd. Now, most of my friends can't believe that I read comics.

Sea King
i never hung with a certin crowd i just hung with anyone(skaters,football players,nerds everyone) and none of my frieands cared although i did play hacky sack a lot even busted the school lights out

Psyquis52
Originally posted by badabing
Amen brother. I had to quit my comic reading through HS and college because I played sports and was in the "it" crowd. Now, most of my friends can't believe that I read comics.

I, for one, have never been in the "it" crowd. (whatever that means)
But I've never been a geek or nerd either. I used to be the lead singer in a band. I'm the head of a drama theatre. I used to teach people how to do feats of strength. I play the guitar, mandolin, banjo, autoharp and I sing. I write plays, direct plays, and act in them (when I have to).

I also read a lot of comics.

Therefore I'm a comic book geek. I don't see how that works.

HellMaster93
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 21% Geek, 47% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations! Meh, I used to get called a nerd 9or "boff"wink a fair bit, quite hardhly, but now I am...

Pure Dork
30 % Nerd, 34% Geek, 60% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Dork, earning you the title of: Pure Dork. Like our friends Napoleon Dynamite & co.

It's not as though you were some whiz-kid in school. Oh, sure, you probably did okay in some classes, but were probably awful in others. Certainly most people thought you were smarter than you thought yourself to be. And it's not that you have some overriding passion, like computers or Star Trek that sets you apart for the crowd, though you likely share some interest in some of those sorts of things. You just like to be yourself, and want to express yourself for who you are.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with that. Being who you are often invites scorn, and so it's a difficult thing in a world that rewards conformity. Be proud of your dorkiness, for often it's just another word for individuality. (I'd vote for you!)

Congratulations!

Yeah, I just read the descriptionb and tghat is 100% not me... the answers were unclear... LOL!

grey fox
I, for one, have never been in the "it" crowd. (whatever that means)
But I've never been a geek or nerd either. I used to be the lead singer in a band. I'm the head of a drama theatre. I used to teach people how to do feats of strength. I play the guitar, mandolin, banjo, autoharp and I sing. I write plays, direct plays, and act in them (when I have to).

I also read a lot of comics.

Therefore I'm a comic book geek. I don't see how that works.

Meh , I slammed the it crowd.

HellMaster93
cool I was the opposite of the "it" crwod... well, I was a bout half-and-half... except most folks got pissed at me for my sarcastic sense of humour... evil face

Mr.V
Nah, i was and probably still in the "It" crowd, mainly because im funny; despite the fact that none of them know I read comics, I havent hid it, no-one ever asked. Always was really popular, but I've had like about the same amount of people that hate me cool

HellMaster93
Hmm... maybe people hate you because of your UNSPECIFIED GENDER! stick out tongue

Mr.V
Nope, I'm just a lazy bastard, havent ever made my profile. its unspecified because you dont need to be specific to have a good time cool

HellMaster93
ROFLMAO!

leonidas
Joe Normal
39 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 17% Dork

sad ......... i'm only 95% complete...... no expression

You scored higher than 17% on nerdiness

You scored higher than 53% on geekosity

You scored higher than 17% on dork points

yeah, well, never fear scoob -- i think you're a dork just for noticing your scores add up to 95%.

no expression

oh, and i was 52% nerd, 30%geek and only 17% dork. whew . . .

rolling on floor laughing

HellMaster93
Heh... are you purre nerd then?

leonidas
pure nerd it is. or as teh site claims -- soon to be purely successful! laughing out loud

HellMaster93
\ROFLMAO... I think of myself as more nerdy than "dorky" and I reckon some of the questions were a little toob unclear, but hey, I'll live as a dork... with my hot wife... and succesful job...

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Creshosk
Lets find out shall we?

Modern, Cool Nerd
For The Record:

I scored "Joe Normal"

newjak86
Modern, Cool Nerd
65 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 17% Dork
For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

Yeah I'm modern and cool.

Scoobless
Yeah I'm modern and cool.

roll eyes (sarcastic) ... pffffft ... nerd!

newjak86
roll eyes (sarcastic) ... pffffft ... nerd! No don't forget the first two words

Modern and Cool cool

HellMaster93
ROFLMAO! I reckon I'm a mixture but NOT a cool mix...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.