Engraved/Personalized iPod Owners - Please Read!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
I received a 30GB iPod as a graduation present. I want to go to, say, a Best Buy to trade it in for the 60GB model and pay the difference. However I don't know if it was personalized. I'm assuming it wouldn't have a UPC on it if that were the case, but from anyone else's experience and/or recollection, how can one tell if it was personalized/engraved or not, without opening the actual iPod box?

Bloigen
Ask the person that gave it to you.

And then punch them.

Lord Paradise
I'm not an engraved/personalized iPod owner so I posted without reading.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by JKozzy
I received a 30GB iPod as a graduation present. I want to go to, say, a Best Buy to trade it in for the 60GB model and pay the difference. However I don't know if it was personalized. I'm assuming it wouldn't have a UPC on it if that were the case, but from anyone else's experience and/or recollection, how can one tell if it was personalized/engraved or not, without opening the actual iPod box?

Open the box...shrug...how would that keep them from taking it as a trade in?

JKozzy
Originally posted by Bloigen

And then punch them. Uh. No. What the f**k?

taft
ask whoever bought it for you?

Bloigen

And then punch them. Originally posted by taft
ask whoever bought it for you?

ermm

JKozzy
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Open the box...shrug...how would that keep them from taking it as a trade in? Last I checked you can't open something and return it for no reason. If they take it, there'd probably be a 15% restocking fee.

And for anyone saying to ask who bought it for me, that's the whole reason I made this thread - so I don't have to. I don't want to have them know.

Bloigen
Last I checked you can't open something and return it for no reason. If they take it, there'd probably be a 15% restocking fee.

And for anyone saying to ask who bought it for me, that's the whole reason I made this thread - so I don't have to. I don't want to have them know.

Turn into liquid and go inside the box.

Thorinn
Turn into liquid and go inside the box. how will he turn back into a solid? ermm

LanceWindu
Last I checked you can't open something and return it for no reason. If they take it, there'd probably be a 15% restocking fee.

I've taken back electronics before that I've used..."Is there anything wrong with the product?" "No, I just want something different." I've never had to pay a 15% restocking fee.

DanZeke25

This is true.

JKozzy
I've taken back electronics before that I've used..."Is there anything wrong with the product?" "No, I just want something different." I've never had to pay a 15% restocking fee. We don't shop at the same store, though messed The Best Buy over here is anal about stuff like that. Trust me, I'd do that if I could.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Thorinn
how will he turn back into a solid? ermm

The opposite of turning into liquid.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Thorinn
how will he turn back into a solid? ermm

He wouldn't. ermm

Dwight Shrute
Wait...

is it engraved already? In an closed box?

It doesn't matter if the box is open or closed, you can return it

JKozzy
I don't know if it is, that's what I'm trying to figure out, without opening it. The Best Buy near us won't allow opened merchendise to be returned if there's nothing wrong with it.

Dwight Shrute
Just say that it wont work on your computer, thats what i had to do.

AOR
Than break it and say "look something's wrong..."

JKozzy
Originally posted by Dwight Shrute
Just say that it wont work on your computer, thats what i had to do. That would make no sense... if it didn't work with my computer, then why would I get another one?

All I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to find out if it's engraved before opening the box.

silver_tears
Why not just return it without knowing stick out tongue

Dwight Shrute
That would make no sense... if it didn't work with my computer, then why would I get another one?

All I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to find out if it's engraved before opening the box. Ahhh, yes. I forgot. the thing that made it different for me is that i DIDN'T want another one

Cant help you, my friend

JKozzy
Originally posted by silver_tears
Why not just return it without knowing stick out tongue Cause my name would be on it and they would hunt me down ninja

silver_tears
I didn't know you could get them engraved to start blink

JKozzy
Yes'm!

AOR
That would make no sense... if it didn't work with my computer, then why would I get another one?

All I'm trying to find out is if there is a way to find out if it's engraved before opening the box.

Go up to them and tell them everything. Go for the old sappy people, they're easily motivated....(women are the best, except the ones that are at their "time of the month phases" ermm)

Alpha Centauri
Can I just ask why it would be randomly engraved, personally, for you, unless you requested it?

-AC

AOR
It wouldn't, it would be a gift from which the person took the extra mile and had it engraved...

JKozzy
Correct. It was a graduation gift, as I said in my first post.

Alpha Centauri
Oh, my bad. Sorry.

Well in any case, how likely is it that they had it engraved?

-AC

LanceWindu
I'm going to guess that it's not engraved.

JKozzy
I'm going to guess that it's not engraved. Y'know, I decided to hell with it, I just wanna use it. I'm gonna keep it. It's not engraved, for the record. stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Y'know, I decided to hell with it, I just wanna use it. I'm gonna keep it. It's not engraved, for the record. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Hell, 30 gigs is more than enough for most people, and you're saving yourself a lot of money not upgrading to the 60.

JKozzy
Exactly my thoughts. If I need to put more music/video, there's that thing called the delete button... just switch music files. As my Nomad works admirably still, for the number of drops it endured of mine, I'll use that as my portable library. This will be more for current music and video/movies. When I buy one for myself in the future though, I'm not sure of what brand it'll be, Creative or Apple, but needless to say, it'll be far in the future. We'll see when the time comes.

LanceWindu
I'm eventually going to get a Creative.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.