X men Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Icicle
I'v been wanting to read X-men comics for a while now, and i'v been looking on ebay. there are so many, I have no idea what to start with.

What do you think I should start with?

LanceWindu
Start from the beginning of course.

Icicle
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Start from the beginning of course.

lol yes, but (and I know this is a stupied question) what is the bigging?
I mean there is X Factor, Astonishing X men, Exiles..ect smile

drwerwer
uncanny is the beginning

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Icicle
I mean there is X Factor, Astonishing X men, Exiles..ect smile

Exiles isn't exactly X-Men. It's a group of Marvel characters from different books and different universes who jump from universe to universe.

systemshock2
I'v been wanting to read X-men comics for a while now, and i'v been looking on ebay. there are so many, I have no idea what to start with.

It might be a little more pricier than most other comics, but the graphic novel "X-Men: God loves, man kills" is a very good starting point. IMO one of the best x-men stories out there, and it was the comic that inspired X2. Hope this helps Icicle. =)

Fiann@

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0785102566/qid=1149108749/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/202-3734581-3467809

Quite a good place to start.

The Pict

you know there isn't a reason not to start with one of the newer editions, man. I began watching x man evolution which got me into comics, so about a year and a half ago i started with astonishing x men and went forwards and backwards from there

Icicle
Thank you everyone!!

InnerRise
So do yall basically get your comics from the internet?

is it comprehensible.....

The Pict
Originally posted by InnerRise

Ive never got mine from the net, i go to the comics stores around edinburgh.......all 2 of them.

mike059jig
their a DVD for all of them on the internet somewhere...uncanny x-men 1-400...type in a search website or something

systemshock2

I do at www.mycomicshop.com. I only like to get back issues from a few years ago because they're so cheap, and unfortunately most comic book shops today, at least the ones near me, only keep the current ones in shop. I still don't like the idea of paying $2.99 for a new comic, so at the website I mentioned they literally have tens of thousands of back issues for around $0.75 each or so. Damn, that place is so addictive. Although those new DVD's that feature hundreds of comics on them look kick-ass.

InnerRise
Originally posted by The Pict
Ive never got mine from the net, i go to the comics stores around edinburgh.......all 2 of them.
See, that's my problem. There's no comic book stores around where I live so I'm unable to read them like I want to.

The Pict
the bad thing over here is that we get comics later than pretty much everyone..

InnerRise
Yeah, but at least you have a place to get them.........

You lucky @$$hole

The Pict
Yeah, but at least you have a place to get them.........

You lucky @$$hole

laughing true enough

Noa

It really depends o how much you know about x-men. If you have a little background you can start just about anywhere!

However the best way to start from the beginning is to check a local library(depending on what country u r in) and see if they have the complied books (i.e. the dark phoenix saga,god loves man kills, etc.)
That is the less pricey way to do it.

allofyousuckkk
by complied u mean like 100 comics made into a book? B/C I saw a spiderman one like that, but I'm not intot hat as much as X-men, and I want to read all the x-men in the order they were released, b/c im cool like that.

thorncrawler
yeah thats normally quite a good way to catch up on a seriese you might have missed, for example ultimate x-men

botcherby
well to pick from forty years of Xmen, your best starting point would be this July's new issues of Xmen... just pick up "Xmen" or "Uncanny Xmen" because they are the brand new writers so everything will be new all around... and "Xmen" by Mike Carey is supposed to be new reader friendly, so that would be a potentially great place to start.

after that, definatly pick up "New Xmen - Planet X" then "Astonishing Xmen - Gifted"

after that you are very much up to date on current events.

mike059jig
Also you can pick up information at uncannyxmen.net...

thegreatfod
If you go to ioffer dot com and type in x-men this guy is selling every x-men series since 1963 to 2006 on 6 dvds. That is just crazy, over 3000 comics

Noa
Originally posted by thegreatfod
If you go to ioffer dot com and type in x-men this guy is selling every x-men series since 1963 to 2006 on 6 dvds. That is just crazy, over 3000 comics

0.o whoa, that is like x-men overload! laughing

Icicle
Originally posted by thegreatfod

Wow thats alot of comics! I wonder how much that all costs

GM Nebaris
If you want to start from the beginning, this should help:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/343818/8229208/

botcherby
not really legal tho

magnuslives
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
by complied u mean like 100 comics made into a book? B/C I saw a spiderman one like that, but I'm not intot hat as much as X-men, and I want to read all the x-men in the order they were released, b/c im cool like that.

you should go to my poll on the comic books section and go to spiderman or x-men? wink

Kaos sebaceous
i read a comic just called x-men from a local comic book store

masterkit
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0785109919/026-8511326-5607621?v=glance&n=266239

that one has the first issue throught w/e and then keep goinbig grin

magnuslives
Originally posted by mike059jig
Also you can pick up information at uncannyxmen.net...

thats a great site

stickman618
just start with "uncanny x-men 475"

its a new saga

12 chapters to it

magnuslives
Originally posted by stickman618
just start with "uncanny x-men 475"

its a new saga

12 chapters to it

i read the first ish of that "saga"

sapphiremouse
I mean there is X Factor, Astonishing X men, Exiles..ect smile Depends on couple of things....you want to start with the original team (marvel girl, cyclops, beast, iceman, angel) or the new team ( colossus,thunderbird, storm, nightcrawler,wolverine,banshee) The original team is back in the 60's and kind of corny, #1- i forget which..but. They stop at a certain issue then they go into re-prints. Issue 98 of Uncanny X-men is the start of the new team. After 98, they get into introducing alot of characters that we all know that are part of mainstream X-men. Like Juggernaut,Kitty Pryde, Rogue,Dark Phoenix,Arcade...on and on.

In 1986 Marvel put out Classic X-men #1,which are re-prints of Uncanny X-men #98 and on. Cover price on these were only a $1.00. Cheap way of collecting the storys but not paying the collecting cost of the originals.

Once you start reading these at the beggining you will see how X-factor, New Mutants and the other X-titles get spawned. I started with Uncanny X-men but i got lucky i was reading them when i was 14, so i was able to get back issue before the prices jumped sky high. Good Luck!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.