Just figured something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.V
Now does everyone remember when a branch of the x-men split off and created the xtreme x men? With storm as the leader etc. who went around trying to track down destiny's diaries so they could make sure that the future looked bright or w/e.
Well do you remember the main antagonist Vargas who bested more or less all of them when it came to combat, so yeah well i remember He fought and killed psylocke and he also battered Beast into a bloody pulp and put him in a coma-ish state.
But I just remembered an issue of Wolverine, during the whole logan files/weapon X arc thing. Where logan is being mind controlled to kill loadsa past weapon x members. So yeah Wolvie speeds off from the Westchester mansion. and something jumps on his roof; Logan runs his car off the road.
He sees the beast and is shocked and like tells him to piss off because he cant help, so beast says if he wont tell him whats wrong he'll beat it out of him. So Henry and Logan go on to fight, Beast kicks him into the car, putting Wolvie into one of his angry moments and he pops his claws and slashes Beast something bad.
Now beast is laying on the floor and Wolvie is standing over him trying to wake him up when Beast suckers him. and explains he has a healing factor too, just not as good as Wolvies.

Now that leads me to think that He shouldnt of been beaten into such a state and forced into his secondary mutation, his cat like stage. Which sage had to put him into to "save" his life.
So then if its true he has a Healing factor, why? stick out tongue quite an essay i know.
But I would think that Sage being the genius that she is would have that information at her disposal. Thus putting him into a secondary mutation wasnt needed and maybe she has altierer motives? stick out tongue meh.. blabbed on long enough now.

All im trying to highlight is how much writers dismiss what other writers right in sake of a story. there are many examples of this in comics and i really cant be arsed to write another one stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
Beast's powers have changed a lot, even before his cat mutation. For a long time he was in flux, he got stronger, but lost his intelligence, gained a healing factor which was pretty uber and pheremones, had grey fur for a bit, turned back to human, etc.

I think he still had a bit of a healing factor during the time Vargas stabbed him, but the severity of the wound was too great.

DigiMark007
What's the point of all that though? That writers ignore a character's history a lot of times? Heck, we knew that already. But I guess Beast is a particularly hard one to keep track of (stupid muties....*murble*)

Mr.V
Meh, I was just thinking how stupidly they over-look it to "upgrade" a character, who isnt atually that popular really.

And i just felt like writing an essay sad why should GS have all the fun stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
I understand, though I would argue Beast is one of the more popular X-Men, and Marvel characters in general. Or he could be more popular if they would allow him to grow better--and I don't mean via a stupid secondary, or in his case tertiary may be more apt, mutation.

Leet us not forget that Beast was a staple member of the Avengers for many years--a roll I feel he suits better than being a member of the X-Men, after the original X-Men "graduated", Jean left, Angel and Iceman went off (later to form the Champions and then join the Defenders), Beast went on to join the Avengers (where he and Wonder Man became best friends) and Havok and Polaris went off to go do their archaeology thing. Beast surpassed his need for the X-Men, but some writers can't seem to get over that, and there came out of it a skewed view that he belonged to a team he was better than.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.