Elites vs. the 501st Legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthSaboteur
This is the 501st legion from Star Wars: Battlefront 2 in their prime versus the Elites. The battle takes place on Hoth. The leaders are Darth Revan(Imperials) and the Arbiter(elites).

The conditions are:

1: Elites only have blaster rifles, concussion rifles and vibroblades. (from KotOR)

2: No 'z0MG! i liek elites so tehy winz0rz!' comments, I want to see a serious debate on this matter.

3: Forces can only make 5 calls for reinforcements (150 units for reinforcement)

4: Obviously there are only ground forces in this fight.

5: Anything else is fair game.

Now who wins?

Darkstorm Zero
Since you've taken away the Elites weapons of choice from Halo, and their vehicles, I am siding with the 501st. The Hoth stage sees the imperials with massive vehicular backup, including the nigh on unstoppable AT ATs that are nearly impossible to kill withought the Air Support from the Snowspeeders.

The AT AT's particle cannons effectively garuntee massive death tolls for the under equipped Elites... Everything else is just icing on the proverbial cake.

Hell's Harmony
dude the elite would smash

KMC Dark Lord
Nope. The other dude was right. AT-AT's=Pawnage.

NineCoronas
Sab set it up one-sided. no expression

Hell's Harmony
NO your a *** i hate your dumb ass ****.lol jpjjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjpjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjpppp
ppppppppjpjpjpjpjjpjpjpjjpjpjpjpjpjjpjpjpjpjpjpjpj
pjpjpjjpjpjpjpjppjpjpjpjpjppp

Lana
Darth Revan? WTF? What the f**k?

KMC Dark Lord
Originally posted by Lana
Darth Revan? WTF? What the f**k?

What?

LORD JLRTENJAC
501st but if the Elites were well equiped... they would kick some clone @$$

Lana
Originally posted by KMC Dark Lord
What?

Massively wrong era. Revan lived like 4000 years before the 501st existed. Unless it's meant to be completely random and not connected to any sort of logic whatsoever.

KMC Dark Lord
Originally posted by Lana
Massively wrong era. Revan lived like 4000 years before the 501st existed. Unless it's meant to be completely random and not connected to any sort of logic whatsoever.

oh, yeah I thought that a bit odd myself...

thegmeister53
Revan's a master strategist there is no way he would lose.

And why is Revan leading the legion anyway?

Onikirimaru
It is a bit one sided. Revan, being a Jedi with all his abilities and stratagy, vs Arbiter, which IIRC was just a grunt, not a leader. So leadership wise 501st walks away. That should be enough to call the fight right there, but since you took all of the Elites equipment away from them and gave them star wars gear, you further stack the deck in star wars favor.

Dont like Halo?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
It is a bit one sided. Revan, being a Jedi with all his abilities and stratagy, vs Arbiter, which IIRC was just a grunt, not a leader. So leadership wise 501st walks away. That should be enough to call the fight right there, but since you took all of the Elites equipment away from them and gave them star wars gear, you further stack the deck in star wars favor.

Dont like Halo? Meh, I'll make it fairer. Instead of Revan and the Arbiter, it'll be Vader and Tartaros as the commanders, and the Elites also get the AT-AT's and crap.

thegmeister53
Why not give them Halo 2 vehicles?

Darkstorm Zero
I did this thread a short time ago on Spacebattles, if you want to Sabo, i'll sow you how I did the OP for it:

If you try it with those sets intact, everything is set as it should be for this forum, no questions would be asked about the OP stipulations

MadMel
with darkstorms rules..this gets really interesting...hmm tough decision...should make a mod for it on star wars BF 2..if possible..

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by MadMel
with darkstorms rules..this gets really interesting...hmm tough decision...should make a mod for it on star wars BF 2..if possible..

I would love to see that, that would be awesome

But I digress, I still think that the 501st takes this, although under the rules I used it would be alot closer, fact is that the AT AT's here are very difficult to kill without tow cables, Concentrated fire on the AT AT's only vulnerability (The Neck, it's the AT AT's critical hit location) is viable, but it takes a long time, and the AT AT's Heavy Lasers and Particle Cannons will mop up any Covenant attempting to do this head on.

However, the Elites do have a number of things on their side... They get Air support, and they start with far more CPs, This will be a long and brutal fight, but eventually, the Elites won't do much better than the Rebels did on hoth, and they will fall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.