Batwoman To Return As Lesbian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

miroku
i really didn't know where to put this

NEW YORK -- Batwoman is coming back -- and coming out of the closet.

D.C. Comics is bringing back the classic character as a lesbian. The new Batwoman debuts in July as part of a weekly series that started this year.

The 5-foot-10-inch superhero has flowing red hair, knee-high red boots with spike heels and a super-tight black outfit.

A top editor said D.C. "wanted to make her a more unique personality than others in the Bat-family." The original Batwoman was started in 1956 and killed off in 1979.

The editor said the step isn't "just about having a gay character." He said D.C. is striving "for overall diversity."

Reviews are mixed on Web sites devoted to D.C. Comics. One critic said ugly superheroes might be more groundbreaking, offering the examples of "200-pound woman, man with horseshoe hair loss pattern, people with cold sores."

LORD JLRTENJAC
No it can't be sick

smiley8
Its true, i read it on the showbiz part of teletext they have in the UK. Batwoman is going to be a lesbian and somethings going to happen with Renee Montoya in 52!

kanis
vampire Does anyone really think this is a good idea and what's wrong the batgirl they have now.

roughrider
Why not? Gays are part of every day life - they should be represented more in the comics world.
Think how far we've come. A few decades ago, people would have been very critical of Luke Cage marrying Jessica Jones, but mixed marriage is more common now.

roughrider
Here she is...

WrathfulDwarf
I'm gonna slap Dan Didio on his bald head so hard....that hair eventually will grow again.

HellMaster93
I don't mind... kinky... big grin

miroku
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm gonna slap Dan Didio on his bald head so hard....that hair eventually will grow again. LOL good one

HellMaster93
LOL... so when will she appear in comics again?

botcherby
she appears in like #7 of 52 I think...

Its quite funny actually... someone said that no new characters are introduced to comics unless they are "gay, lesbian, hispanic, black"

Utaro
I think its a bad idea...if they want to ruin the character so be it.

01ZERO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS LESBIAN eek!

HellMaster93
Dude, grow up and learn to TURN FF CAPS LOCK! mad

MrHeavySilence
If they're doing it just for the sake of "adding flavor," then its just plain stupid.

Ritoshi
*Sigh* I hate when tehy change characters..we all know what happened to Nick fury *Sigh*. Seriously if they should make a new character completly, I hate when they change characters!!, I say make new ones since there are a lack of new characters anyway.

HellMaster93
indeed. The only good new Bat-villain in YEARS is Hush. Before that, Bane (who was about 12 years earlier or so) was decent until he started jobbing and become a good guy...

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
If they're doing it just for the sake of "adding flavor," then its just plain stupid.

They are only doing it for money. They don't give a damn about Flavor.
It's all broke back mountain's fault.

DAMN YOU HEATH LEDGER!!!!!

HellMaster93
... and to top it all off, we're now REALLy going to have Brokebat mt, with a gay joker!!!!!!!!!!!

Richv1
Making a female hero a lesbian just for the money it might generate won't work. I bet after a year this comic will be cancelled. I'll pick up the first issue to check it out but thats it.

Praylu
At first when I read the thread title I thought it said "Batman to Return As Lesbian" and was like "what?" lol.

Silverstein
haha same here

and gay joker? haha. aren't gay people accepted in america now. with the marriages and whatnot.

Alec Brood
We had the gay Batman (B&R), I guess a lesbian Batman is the next step towards greatness...

HellMaster93
Hooray! Meh, maybe we should have Clooneyt and Ledger hooking up... smile

Alec Brood
Ledger doesn't deserve that. At least he didn't make his character seem gay accidently.

Doc Ock
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/DoctorOck/thelieswetellourselves.jpg

Being gay is fashionable in Batman stick out tongue big grin

Praylu
http://i8.tinypic.com/24wdjia.jpg

coolmovies
Now i really wanna see the next batman movie

The Unknown
Lol, are both of those scenes actually from the comics? Or have they been edited?

Doc Ock
Mine is genuine.

They were so innocent back in the 40's bless them.

Praylu
Originally posted by The Unknown
Lol, are both of those scenes actually from the comics? Or have they been edited?

No editing. The fact that it's real is what makes it amusing, although which exact issue it is from, I do not know.

Originally posted by Doc Ock
Mine is genuine.

As is mine.

neria
Batwoman To Return As Lesbian, well for me thats interesting.
Change is the only constant thing in this world. So its a good thing that they divert batwomans personality, for a change. wink

A twist in the story interests me rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.