To be clear . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
So to be clear, is that Naboo the Tantavie flies to, after Vader screams "No!" It's so far away, and it looks a little different, I can't be sure.

So how do they explain her death? She looks pregnant in the funeral march, and I read in the book Yoda, Obi-Wan and Bail said she should still look pregnant so no one would know about the twins.

And what happened when the dropped off her body? Did Bail wheel it out on a speeder/gurney to the ME? Who got to tell her parents, sister, Sio Bibble, Jar Jar, and Big Boss Nass?

But, I mean, she's a senator! Who did they say killed her? Anakin strangled her, or did Vader kill her? Wouldn't there be some kind of formal inquiry? Wouldn't word get out of her marriage to Anakin? Or is journalism crushed under the boot-heel of the Emperor's tyranny so soon?

If Palpatine already knew Padme was dead in time to tell Vader on the operating table, the news must have spread fast.

Not that the whole hospital scenes happened in real time or anything, but it kind of seems like it, the way it is edited.

Was Anakin's fall to Darth Vader hidden from the public? Do only the stormtroopers know who he really is? Do the Imperial records show Anakin was killed in the Jedi Rebellion, and Vader's lineage is never revealed, or does it say Vader formerly was Anakin?

DiamondBullets
Palpatine lied and told Padme's family that the Jedi killed her.

Yes, the funeral/hospital scenes were realtime.

Yes, Ani's fall was hidden from the public--he was reported to have been killed in the Temple onslaught.

JaehSkywalker
how'd you know palpy lied?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by chinabing
So to be clear, is that Naboo the Tantavie flies to, after Vader screams "No!" It's so far away, and it looks a little different, I can't be sure.

That's Alderan. no expression

DE Luke
Originally posted by LanceWindu
That's Alderan. no expression No,it's Naboo.We see Alderaan after the scene with Vader,Palps and Tarkin standing on the bridge of the VSD. wink

chinabing
Originally posted by DE Luke
No,it's Naboo.We see Alderaan after the scene with Vader,Palps and Tarkin standing on the bridge of the VSD. wink
I suppose it's the naboo city of theed, but kind of an odd angle on it, and so far away too. It might be the same space port the refugee ship landed on in AOTC.

Still don't know how Palpatine knew Padme had passed on. If it's real-time, Padme's head falls over, and then Palpatine is spreadin' the news to Vader. I know it's Lucas' Mother-dies-as-Vader-born thing, and hey it worked well on screen too. But how? Did Palpatine knew through the force she was dead, and then made up the "you killed her" line to Vader?

I know we'll never know everything, but sometimes people pick up items in odd magazine & sites.

DE Luke
1.Yes,it is the same port that the refugee ship from AOTC landed
2.The dark side was immensely strong at this point,Palpatine grew more powerful at this point,so he probably sensed her passing through the Force.
3.In a way he DID kill her.She died of a borken heart,true.But who do you think broke her heart in the first place?Anakin/Vader.

steverules
Anakin, she loved Anakin but not vader. She even say's 'Anakin your breaking my heart.'

Ushgarak
I suppose it's the naboo city of theed, but kind of an odd angle on it, and so far away too. It might be the same space port the refugee ship landed on in AOTC.

Still don't know how Palpatine knew Padme had passed on. If it's real-time, Padme's head falls over, and then Palpatine is spreadin' the news to Vader. I know it's Lucas' Mother-dies-as-Vader-born thing, and hey it worked well on screen too. But how? Did Palpatine knew through the force she was dead, and then made up the "you killed her" line to Vader?

I know we'll never know everything, but sometimes people pick up items in odd magazine & sites.

We don't know how Maul tracked Padme to Tatooine in TPM either.

People like to say 'The Force', but the OT makes it clear that this is hardly a universal solution, finding neither hidden plans or rebel base.

Some gaps simply exist; they are not that important.

chinabing
Some gaps simply exist; they are not that important. Some are, and some aren't. I don't need to know whether Anakin had "Jedi Flakes" for breakfast. Figuring out how Palpatine knew about Padme's death is a matter for speculation.

My first thought was how did he know? Only Yoda, Obi, Bail Artoo & Threepio, plus a few assorted medical droids knew. Then probably Bail's entire crew, and then the medical base.

Seeing as how the twins were to remain a secret, that's a lot of people to keep their mouths shut... for two decades.

Either her death was announced, or word spread as any popular leader's death would, or Palpatine felt it through the force. But then again, wouldn't it suggest he could also feel the twins being born? I mean if Yoda could feel Anakin "pain, suffering & death" in AOTC, surely so could Palpatine. But since Padme's no jedi, does that matter?

If we know Obi-Wan could feel the thousands of non-jedi deaths on Alderaan, could Palpatine feel the death of just one Padme?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Ushgarak
We don't know how Maul tracked Padme to Tatooine in TPM either.

People like to say 'The Force', but the OT makes it clear that this is hardly a universal solution, finding neither hidden plans or rebel base.

The crew on the queens ship opened the transmission that was sent from Sio Bibble. Kind of like downloading a file with a virus attached.

Maul traced.

But yeah all the crap china bing in inquiring about is unimportant crap.

I don't need watch a bunch of scenes of padme getting wheeled on a gourney

chinabing
But yeah all the crap china bing in inquiring about is unimportant crap.
It's just interesting to think of what they didn't show and why, and how. They didn't show a Qui-Gon ghost talking to Yoda, although they probably could have arranged it. (On a special edition it could be added if they want it.)

ROTS is a superbly emotional film, and the there's a lot going in in the climax, and a lot was left out. I think it was edited to the bone to allow the maximum emotional effect on all the story lines going on. I guess one thing I would have liked to see was a, I don't know what else to call it, but a "Sept. 11"-type feel, an emotion that everything had changed in the galaxy. In a way they did, when we heard the TIE-fighter sounds from the ships in the finale, as well as that the red-stripe was removed from the top of the Star Destroyer. Just wanted something more to chew on.

So what was the story concocted by Bail when they landed at the port on Naboo? Interesting how Bail wasn't at the funeral... and neither was Palpatine! And politicians love funerals!

Captain REX
Was Anakin's fall to Darth Vader hidden from the public? Do only the stormtroopers know who he really is? Do the Imperial records show Anakin was killed in the Jedi Rebellion, and Vader's lineage is never revealed, or does it say Vader formerly was Anakin?

This much I can answer.

Nobody except Palpatine (in the Empire) knows who Vader is. Imperial records show that Anakin Skywalker died in the Purge of the Temple, from what I've read. Bail Organa thinks that Anakin was dead before he meets Vader in RODV, a few months later.

cornponious
To be clear:

1. It was Alderaan, or however you spell it. Spelling Nazi's take note.

2. Who cares who told all those guys. It wasn't pursued in the film, so it really doesn't matter.

3. Palpatine would have probably just known that Padme died. And if he didn't, he simply told Vader to get him all riled up enough so that he would scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" and make the audience angry.

4. I just don't know about the Vader question.

no expression

cornponious

chinabing
Originally posted by cornponious
Palpatine would have probably just known that Padme died. And if he didn't, he simply told Vader to get him all riled up enough so that he would scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" and make the audience angry.

See that's the thing, if Palpatine 'just knew' Padme died, wouldn'tcha think he'd be able to know about the children being born? I mean, it happened at the same time! Which kinda blows the whole 'hidden twins' idea the whole OT depends upon.

If think through the force you can see individual deaths, as Anakin could, why couldn't Obi-Wan see that Owen and Beru were skeletonized, and that it really, really wasn't safe for Luke to go - at any costs?

Palpatine did lie to Vader, but not about the fact of Padme's death, but the lie was that he killed her.

The whole Padme Funeral thing was interesting that Palpatine didn't go . . . because he didn't need to anymore to keep up appearances. (And he was Padme's mentor also!) Wonder if Vader wanted to go and was held back by the emperor. "It's Palpatine's Fault... he's holding me back!"

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Exactly, couldnt have said it better myself. yes

Legion_of_Maul
There was no way to save padme, and palpatine wasn't interested in helping anakin, IMO I think palpatine killed her through the force so that it would fuel anakin's Anger and hatred.

chinabing
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
There was no way to save padme, and palpatine wasn't interested in helping anakin, IMO I think palpatine killed her through the force so that it would fuel anakin's Anger and hatred.

Well it did fuel his anger, but don'tcha think we would have somehow seen it if Palpatine were killing Padme? That's a pretty big plot point to be left off-screen. And I just don't think Sith can kill through the force, across a room, yes, but a few thousand light-years?

I find it ironic that all through the OT, Vader believes he killed Padme, which I think was a lie by Palpatine.

Or, conversly, perhaps the story that Anakin killed Padme was concocted by Bail & Yoda & Obi-Wan to be leaked to the public... which led to Palpatine hearing it, which led to the Emperor saying it to Vader. In that case it wasn't a lie, but good enough for Palpatine's uses, which is why he cracks a smile while Vader is in anguish. In that case, you might say it's the Jedi clouding the Sith's vision.

So let's say Bail annouced the death of Padme Naberrie Amidala Skywalker, say by death by strangulation . . . by whom? Her husband? Can't say that... AFAWK Anakin, Padme, Palpatine Artoo, Threepio, and the Naboo Priest are the only ones who knew they were married. By Anakin? Can't be, he supposedly died in the Jedi Rebellion. Do they say she was murdered? If Obi-Wan concocted the story about her death, you could say that's 2 parents of Luke who's deaths were made up by Obi! That's got to be a record!

And I don't mind discussing these few mysteries of Star Wars... it's all we have left to chew on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.