Foreign Goods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
So, it looks like the trade pact is going to open up a two-way relationship tangle between the US and Vietnam. Meaning that on the one hand it could lead to healing bad vibes from the past simply because of goods exchange, but also maybe trigger hostility towards foreign business and market competition issues.

In my country there's currently a big deal of fighting over textile imports from the East, because locals feel that they can't compete with prices and that it kills local job creation and economic growth in the sector.

What are your views on imports/foreign trade?

lil bitchiness
Generally?

Because I live in the west, most of our imports are coming from expolited farmers, product made by extreamly cheap labour...so i feel kind of sad...

debbiejo
For a minute I thought it said "Foreign Gods"............haha

Thought I already posted in here...What happened to my other post???? *confusion setting again*

Anyway, I'll do it again.......It's had to find anything that is made in the US here. The tariff laws seem to be screwed up...It's cheaper to buy a foreign car than a domestic one......

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
For a minute I thought it said "Foreign Gods"............haha
Thought I already posted in here...What happened to my other post???? *confusion setting again*

I believe this was the post?

Originally posted by debbiejo
Besides didn't some guy do a monkey and that's why we got AIDS....Gods punishment for doing a monkey????...........

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Wonderer
Well, just about 80% of stuff you can buy in the shops over here is branded with a "Made in China" on it!?

debbiejo
Here too. Oh, and Brazil and Mexico (those thing are cheap though)...Nothing from Europe really...except Italian shoes.... happy ..but ours are just as cute or nice or what ever you want to say!!!.......Hey what the hell, it's 4:30am here.........haha........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.