Batwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
DC has finally released some official information about the new batwoman.
She is going to be renee montaya's lesbian lover and will be featured in 52.

A.J
Lesbion lover, sounds good.

eleveninches
she's not yet 'out' to her high-society family, but has met bruce wayne several times from being quite well off

roughrider
What was the difference between Batwoman and Batgirl? DC killed off Batwoman in 1979, it was stated.

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
What was the difference between Batwoman and Batgirl? DC killed off Batwoman in 1979, it was stated. There is no Batgirl, she's a badguy now and no longer wears that costume..

A.J
What you mean that girl who sees every move.

Juntai
Originally posted by A.J
What you mean that girl who sees every move. Yeah, Cassandra, she defeated Lady Shiva...quit being Batgirl, and is now the leader of the League of Assassins, apperently. Seeing the last issue of Robin.

roughrider
Here's the new Batwoman.

A.J
AWWW but she was a cool hero this reboot thing is kinda weird.

Oh my god how can she just become a lesbion like that its weird

Draco69
Oh for heaven's sake, grow up. Aliens and mutants are fine but god forbit a lipstick lesbian appears in a comic.

As long as they don't make her a token like Wiccan and Hulkling I have no problem with it.

I'm more concerned with her character and storyline.

Also she USED to be a casual partner of Renee. They had a relationship but from what I heard it was basically a friendship with benefits.

Validus
I'm really liking the OYL Robin books. Batgirl was dumped in a Lazarus Pit which kind of explains the change in personality.

Batwoman? Cool costume. I'm guessing she debuts in 52 #11 along with the other two new characters.

WrathfulDwarf
My take on this

This is just another one of DC comics cheap gimmicks to attrack new readers. They perfectly know that by turning a character into a homosexual it will attrack controversy. And controversy always sells. This isn't the first time they done it to a character from the Batman franchise.... first they turned Montoya gay, then turned the Catwoman mantle over to a lesbian, and now are making Kathy Kane a lesbian. It's way too obivious! If this is Dan Didio's direction of DC Comics then eventually I'll be dumping DC Comics just like I did with Marvel comics.

grey fox
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
My take on this

This is just another one of DC comics cheap gimmicks to attrack new readers. They perfectly know that by turning a character into a homosexual it will attrack controversy. And controversy always sells. This isn't the first time they done it to a character from the Batman franchise.... first they turned Montoya gay, then turned the Catwoman mantle over to a lesbian, and now are making Kathy Kane a lesbian. It's way too obivious! If this is Dan Didio's direction of DC Comics then eventually I'll be dumping DC Comics just like I did with Marvel comics.

Yup , it's like Gen13...but worse.

smiley8
My take on this

But it represents society nowadays so why shouldn't a character turn gay? Comics are like soap operas, so if there was no controversy then it would be so boring, everyone would be living happily ever after!

Draco69
My take on this

But is their sexual orientation even a relevant part of their comic? I didn't even know the new Catwoman was a lesbian until I realized her girlfriend was more than just a friend and a roommate.

If it's an in your face "I'm gay, I'm gay, did I mention I was gay?" gimmick like they do with Obsidian in Manhunter, then I have no qualms of disliking it. But if the character just happens to be a gay character which is just another aspect of their personage and has no real bearing on the story other than who they share a bed with than it's fine and okay.

Hulking and Wiccan are done kinda well. Unfortunately everyone only sees them as gay and Geinsberg isn't helping. But recent storylines have expanded their characters beyond them being token gays.

Skeets
Originally posted by Draco69
But is their sexual orientation even a relevant part of their comic? I didn't even know the new Catwoman was a lesbian until I realized her girlfriend was more than just a friend and a roommate.

If it's an in your face "I'm gay, I'm gay, did I mention I was gay?" gimmick like they do with Obsidian in Manhunter, then I have no qualms of disliking it. But if the character just happens to be a gay character which is just another aspect of their personage and has no real bearing on the story other than who they share a bed with than it's fine and okay.

Hulking and Wiccan are done kinda well. Unfortunately everyone only sees them as gay and Geinsberg isn't helping. But recent storylines have expanded their characters beyond them being token gays.
thumb up

young Avengers is my favorite Marvel book..........

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Draco69

So if their sexual orientation isn't even relevant part to the comic then why make her a lesbian in the first place? Why couldn't they just leave her the way she was? This is what I criticize about DC. Using homosexuality as controversy to attrack readers. Eventually the storytelling and writting of the series will dictate if this is worth following. That's the way it works and will always work that way. They can alter the character anyway they want. In the end what matters is quality of the stories.

roughrider
So - do you think in future issues, when BW and Renee get together, Renee will whisper: "The mask is hot. Keep it on..." love

Validus
So if their sexual orientation isn't even relevant part to the comic then why make her a lesbian in the first place? Why couldn't they just leave her the way she was? This is what I criticize about DC. Using homosexuality as controversy to attrack readers. Eventually the storytelling and writting of the series will dictate if this is worth following. That's the way it works and will always work that way. They can alter the character anyway they want. In the end what matters is quality of the stories.
So I guess you won't like this 52 teaser?

29. Ralph Gets Some!: Mr. Dibny finds himself getting busy with somebody other than his beloved Sue. Who's the lucky lady (or fella)?

embarrasment

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
So I guess you won't like this 52 teaser?

29. Ralph Gets Some!: Mr. Dibny finds himself getting busy with somebody other than his beloved Sue. Who's the lucky lady (or fella)?

embarrasment

Oh great ...another stretchy guy trying to get some.....

Draco69

Kathy Kane didn't even exist in Post-Crisis. In Pre-Crisis, she was a rather boring little desperate housewife who got off on jumping rooftop to rooftop and making Robin jealous of Batman's fascination of her.

By adding a few tidbits into her character (she's completely different thankfully except in the name) she's hopefully more interesting.

And homosexuality rarely attracts readers as so much they actually REPEL readers. Insensitive, immature 15 year old boys don't like gays as it creeps them out. Their minds can't handle it. So if they wanted to attract readers sustainably they should have made Batwoman straight and a sexbomb.

As you say the story will tell the tale. And hopefully they won't token her. If they do, you would be completely right. If they don't, than her homosexuality won't simply matter. It'll just a be a facet of her character as so much her hair color.

A.J
Im 15 and i dont mind it, hehe, unless they men which is gross when they kiss, other wise im cool with gay heros, unless its bats or somone. lol

Rick/Genis
dude... bats is TOTALLY full blown gay.

And what's with the double standard. You do know that lesbians are pretty damn annoying, what with there Equal (and sometimes superior) rights garbage..

Draco69
You're thinking of extremist feminists. Which has nothing to do with their sexual orientation....

grey fox
Originally posted by Rick/Genis

And what's with the double standard. You do know that lesbians are pretty damn annoying, what with there Equal (and sometimes superior) rights garbage..

Your thinking of....

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/feminazi.jpg

Validus

And Cap is a cross dresser.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7004/captrannie0yg7rr.th.jpg

Skeets
Cap does it with Style.....cool

manjaro
whoa whoa lets not jump the gun now. montoya isnt really gay she's just in a transitional, whorish period right now,BTW is it the same chick that question found her in bed with? either way is cool with me. if charcters are gay theyre just gay i dont have a problem. but i hope this isnt some cheap ass ploy to give the gay commnuity some random hero to look up to, cuz that would just be wrong and exploitive.

Draco69
Renee had a girlfriend but she turned into a drunken whore when her detective partner died.

Rick/Genis
I have a girlfriend..... wait... no I don't sad

*Kills self*

A.J

And what's with the double standard. You do know that lesbians are pretty damn annoying, what with there Equal (and sometimes superior) rights garbage.. Hay im 15 what else do 15 year olds think about

and bats is straight dam it. mad

Rick/Genis
no way.... he's a pork buster

A.J
GRRRR and i have a girlfreind so ha ha evil face stick out tongue

HellMaster93
And I'm getting married... stick out tongue

A.J
Originally posted by HellMaster93
And I'm getting married... stick out tongue He just owns us all, well im getting married aswell ha Happy Dance eek! in about 5 years lol laughing

HellMaster93
5? sureyou will...

...in LAS VEGAS!

superbatman86
She's only going to be gay until she meets Nightwing and we all know it.I mean she's red head and all red heads eventually fall for Dick.

A.J
5? sureyou will...

...in LAS VEGAS! Nah to far away laughing

HellMaster93
Uhh... at least you can meet a hot girl AND get married on the sam night there...

... if you're both pissed...

A.J
Uhh... at least you can meet a hot girl AND get married on the sam night there...

... if you're both pissed... Nah dont drink...........yet evil face

HellMaster93
SERIOUSLY! i know of 13 and 12 yea olds who get pissed...

A.J
So do i but i just dont like being drunk

grey fox
**** alcohol mad

A.J
Originally posted by grey fox
**** alcohol mad yes

HellMaster93
Alchohol's good... in liited doses etc...

Grimm22

Thats exactly what bothers me about this.

If DC didnt want to make this a publicity stunt they wouldnt have shouted out "HEY BATWOMAN IS A LESBIAN PAY ATTENTION TO US!".

HellMaster93
I think some characters shoiuld be ga... but "rub it in your faces" gay is just RETARDED!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.