Ultimate Thor VS Ultimate Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.V
in an adamantium dome with no way out big grin to the death, and theres a swimming pool and clouds in there big grin
Namor cant steal Thor's power belt either, thats a heap win big grin

Grimm22
Namor wins big grin

Seriously, Ultimate Namor is a beast.

He took Torch's full nova blast, a beating from the Thing, Reed's inventions and Sue's force fields and still wasnt down. wink

He-guy88
Originally posted by Mr.V
in an adamantium dome with no way out big grin to the death, and theres a swimming pool and clouds in there big grin

um iv been informed in ultiment f4 reed uncovered namor is a mutant

Mr.V
Shut up, learn to spell and stay on-topic.

He-guy88
Shut up, learn to spell and stay on-topic.

ill spell how i want and i was pointing that out so ur awere big grin

Robtard
Ultimate Thor isn't nearly as powerful as standard Thor (the god) right? He's just some nutjob who stole some high tech belt and hammer. So Namor takes it.

Grimm22
Namor is only classified as a mutant because he is a cross bread between Man and Atlantein.

Of course thats just 616 Namor.

He's not the same as a mutant like Wolverine

Lucid Lui
Ult. Thor is just as beastly as Ult. Namor. At this point i'd give the win to Namor. It'd be a good fight.

Mr.V
Yeah i wasnt sure, because when they were trying to take him in. ie the rest of the ultimates and all of those euro idiots (captain britain, captain france etc.) and loads of rocket men and giantmen. he was batting off all of their attacks and he was holding back aswell for most of it because he didnt want to hurt them.

roughrider
Originally posted by Grimm22
Namor is only classified as a mutant because he is a cross bread between Man and Atlantein.

Of course thats just 616 Namor.

He's not the same as a mutant like Wolverine

If he has powers & abilities beyond what men or atlantien have, that makes him a mutant.
Based on his brief showing, it's a good fight with slight advantage to Namor.

Grimm22
Yeah i wasnt sure, because when they were trying to take him in. ie the rest of the ultimates and all of those euro idiots (captain britain, captain france etc.) and loads of rocket men and giantmen. he was batting off all of their attacks and he was holding back aswell for most of it because he didnt want to hurt them.

True, but can Thor summon a HUGE water monster god thing wink

Mr.V
But can namor call down lighting storms which he easily directs, that would put namor at a disadvantage if he goes for a swim to rejuvinate his strength or something. wink

He-guy88
But can namor call down lighting storms which he easily directs, that would put namor at a disadvantage if he goes for a swim to rejuvinate his strength or something. wink

i was under ult namor had the same abiltys as the reg namor with a few new ones if that is so then he can absorb some of the lighting and shoot it back

Mr.V
Namor absorb lightning and shoot it back? wtf? he cant do that man, and its useless anyways why shoot lightning and a god of thunder, it makes no sense. and yes he more or less has all the powers of namor. give or take some

He-guy88
Namor absorb lightning and shoot it back? wtf? he cant do that man, and its useless anyways why shoot lightning and a god of thunder, it makes no sense. and yes he more or less has all the powers of namor. give or take some

i know its useless but normal namor can absorb electricity and shoot it back

Robtard

Actually, Namor did once absorb lighting and redirected it back. It was in an older comic, not something he does often.

Mr.V
Ah, doesnt matter anyways big grin ultimate namor hasnt shown the ability to do that...no expression

He-guy88
Ah, doesnt matter anyways big grin ultimate namor hasnt shown the ability to do that...no expression

he should have the same abiltys though right??

Mr.V
Nope, Ultimate characters are all different. So he might have similar abilities but we havent seen him do it yet (and even 616 doesnt do it very often) then its probably not going to be one of his powers.

He-guy88
Nope, Ultimate characters are all different. So he might have similar abilities but we havent seen him do it yet (and even 616 doesnt do it very often) then its probably not going to be one of his powers.

all ok i was manily wondering but wasent sure but from what i understand is that namor is a bad@$$ and thor is to but not like a real god so i say namor

grey fox
Originally posted by Grimm22
True, but can Thor summon a HUGE water monster god thing wink

That was Hydrokinesis , i doubt he could do the same with the minimal amount of water in the pool.

Yeah i wasnt sure, because when they were trying to take him in. ie the rest of the ultimates and all of those euro idiots (captain Britain, captain france etc.) and loads of rocket men and giantmen. he was batting off all of their attacks and he was holding back aswell for most of it because he didnt want to hurt them.

I dislike what they did with Captain Britain , they turned a good character into a run of the mill Iron Man rip off....

How does one get clouds within a dome pray tell ?

Mr.V
Lol Thor is a real god anyways, They thought he was crazy because he stole the equipment and he was incarcerated in a mental instution before. But according to Thor it was loki's trickery, who has showed up in Thor's padded cell a few times and taunted him. and i remember Loki saying something like if the ultimates have a norse god so should the opposition.
I'm still quite split because Namor handled the F4 quite easily and Thor was smashing the ultimates around till quicksilver took his belt.

Mr.V
Originally posted by grey fox
That was Hydrokinesis , i doubt he could do the same with the minimal amount of water in the pool.

I dislike what they did with Captain Britain , they turned a good character into a run of the mill Iron Man rip off....

How does one get clouds within a dome pray tell ?

You build the dome in 5 minutes, and high enough for there to be clouds. cool people work fast in the ultimate universe.

He-guy88
You build the dome in 5 minutes, and high enough for there to be clouds. cool people work fast in the ultimate universe.

what they got quicksliver on speed

ha hey i made a joke

Robtard
Lol Thor is a real god anyways, They thought he was crazy because he stole the equipment and he was incarcerated in a mental instution before. But according to Thor it was loki's trickery, who has showed up in Thor's padded cell a few times and taunted him. and i remember Loki saying something like if the ultimates have a norse god so should the opposition.
I'm still quite split because Namor handled the F4 quite easily and Thor was smashing the ultimates around till quicksilver took his belt.

If he is a real god, why doe's he need the belt and hammer? I'm asking because I haven't followed the ulitmates in a very long time.

Mr.V
Not a clue.. Its still rather on-going, i'd assume he'd be a god and it gets found out, because if thats not what happens then he'll be locked in the triskellion for the rest of the series. Something like that anyways, or hes not a god. and he just wears that stuff big grin either way I prefer him to 616

grey fox
Originally posted by Robtard
If he is a real god, why doe's he need the belt and hammer? I'm asking because I haven't followed the ulitmates in a very long time.
It's apparently something to do with Loki's foul machinations (to quote Thor)

He seems to have the ability to 'Shunt Space and Time (Retcon). Ergo we used to have a 'deity' now we have a nutjob in a super suit.

Robtard
It's apparently something to do with Loki's foul machinations (to quote Thor)

He seems to have the ability to 'Shunt Space and Time (Retcon). Ergo we used to have a 'deity' now we have a nutjob in a super suit.

I see, personally I prefer a nut job with a super-suit over a god, even if it is a Iron Man knock-off .

Mr.V
No lol, Ult Cap Britain is the Iron man knock-off.

Thor is a pacifist nut job with a really big hammer big grin

grey fox
I see, personally I prefer a nut job with a super-suit over a god, even if it is a Iron Man knock-off .
At least his costume doesn't look so.....theatrical .

He-guy88
so whos everybody going with here im saying namor

grey fox
I'm inclined to side with Thor. He could throw Namor off balance on the air/ground with wind's and then Pound on him with Mjolnir.

Mr.V
Yeah im with Thor aswell, Just because from what i saw he struck me as the bigger bad-ass overall, and seeing as his hammer controls the weather it could potentially be a bit lop-sided because hes too versatile.

He-guy88
well to think of it id say its more thors favor their in a metal cube right

hulk=strength
I'm inclined to side with Thor. He could throw Namor off balance on the air/ground with wind's and then Pound on him with Mjolnir. hey no offense are u british either that or u have great vocabsmartass

Robtard
If Thor isn't an actual god, I'm saying Namor but not an easy victory...

On a side note...Was Namor sleeping with Sue Richards behind Reeds back? Anyone.

Mr.V
Yeah hes brittish big grin and has great vocab cool

grey fox
Originally posted by He-guy88
well to think of it id say its more thors favor their in a metal cube right

Yes and as we haven't seen Ult Namor absorb/redirect electricity I doubt he has any resistance to it. (It was a rare power in Namor anyway)

I say Thor let's loose , Thunder , Lightening, Hail , Tornado level wind's.

The lightening hit's the dome , allowing a quasi continues circuit of conductivity (Hey I sound like Stan Lee ! ) . The Thunder and Hail disorientate Namor . While the Winds make it difficult for Namor to fly.

Thor then gives Namor a taste of Mjolnir .

He-guy88

On a side note...Was Namor sleeping with Sue Richards behind Reeds back? Anyone.

he figures that he could take reed so y not laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by hulk=strength
hey no offense are u british either that or u have great vocabsmartass
Yes , I'm britsh and thank you .

grey fox

No , he was putting the moves on her though wink

Robtard
Yes , I'm britsh and thank you .

It's a wonder how you brit's get women sounding like you do. smile

Robtard
No , he was putting the moves on her though wink

I was going to say. If Reed can't keep a woman satisfied, then something is definately wrong here. That dude can bend, twist and form any shape he likes.

grey fox
I was going to say. If Reed can't keep a woman satisfied, then something is definately wrong here. That dude can bend, twist and form any shape he likes.

laughing

Draco69
Namor. Thor will be frozen in time. After all his Ultimates book comes out once every eon....

grey fox
Originally posted by Draco69
Namor. Thor will be frozen in time. After all his Ultimates book comes out once every eon....

Hey , blame Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch not the characters. It's not Thor's fault Millar can't get his lazy ass out of his La-z-boy chair and onto the Pc.

Mr.V
Yeah, they pay him enough aswell.. greedy b*stard takes this long to make a single comic sad, dont worry.. Ultimate Thor mini at least must roll around sooner or later cool we can hope...

He-guy88
anybody ever read namors older comics like were he fought human torch

grey fox
Yeah, they pay him enough aswell.. greedy b*stard takes this long to make a single comic sad, dont worry.. Ultimate Thor mini at least must roll around sooner or later cool we can hope...

Hah , as if . Ironman's new mini is taking forever to get off the ground , as is Blades . Although I hope they won't have the 'Marvel earth is secretly full of vampires' nonsense. That was highly unbelievable and quite stupid.

Nah , I don't read stories where the artist's haven't the slightest inkeling about anatomy.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/a/allwinners2.jpg

complexbrother
Ultimate Namor would take this. the only way Thor would win that if he teleports Namor away.

Robtard

A few, not very good writing though, he's strength level and powers would fluctuate rediculously. He once picked up a nuclear submarine.

Also, Universal Studios is laying the ground work for a Sub-Mariner movie. Even though Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock) is a craptastic actor, he would look the part with pointy ears I think.

Mr.V
Hah , as if . Ironman's new mini is taking forever to get off the ground , as is Blades . Although I hope they won't have the 'Marvel earth is secretly full of vampires' nonsense. That was highly unbelievable and quite stupid.

Yeah thats why blade is such a flop in 616, with people only realizing "oh blade is a comic character" after his movie. I dont actually see what blade can add to UM, not many twists using his character i can think of other than "Marvel earth is secretly full of vampires"

grey fox
Also, Universal Studios is laying the ground work for a Sub-Mariner movie. Even though Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock) is a craptastic actor, he would look the part with pointy ears I think.

I honestly think The Rock could play Black Adam better then Namor , his skin tones similar as is the facial resemblance.

Yeah thats why blade is such a flop in 616, with people only realizing "oh blade is a comic character" after his movie. I dont actually see what blade can add to UM, not many twists using his character i can think of other than "Marvel earth is secretly full of vampires"

How ? My main annoyance is that if their were that many vampires on earth some superhero (aside from Blade) would have found them by now . (Blade crossovers don't count)

He-guy88
A few, not very good writing though, he's strength level and powers would fluctuate rediculously. He once picked up a nuclear submarine.

well i heard nick cage wanted to do this but i gess the rock would be fine as long as he does good acting like plays the role no peoples eyebrow or nothing like that

Mr.V
Yeah, I guess so, like some of the street levelerss or something. Especially since they all have demonic plots that only blade fights. Someone else should take up the mantle. (punisher or moon knight or something.)

But even if they did a Thor mini would you guys rather it revealed him to be:
1) A god like he said all along
2) A nutjob like loki is making him out
3) something totally different (if so specify what)

He-guy88
a nutjob theirs never enough nutjobs cool

grey fox
well i heard nick cage wanted to do this but i gess the rock would be fine as long as he does good acting like plays the role no peoples eyebrow or nothing like that

Nick Cage is too busy doing Ghost Rider.

Yeah, I guess so, like some of the street levelerss or something. Especially since they all have demonic plots that only blade fights. Someone else should take up the mantle. (punisher or moon knight or something.)

But even if they did a Thor mini would you guys rather it revealed him to be:
1) A god like he said all along
2) A nutjob like loki is making him out
3) something totally different (if so specify what)

A god , as long as he doesn't revert to a Shakespearian dialect he's alright by my standards.

hulk=strength
Yes , I'm britsh and thank you . No problem props are given to whom they deserve to be given.

He-guy88
Nick Cage is too busy doing Ghost Rider.

A god , as long as he doesn't revert to a Shakespearian dialect he's alright by my standards.

yeah i know but i dident think he would get the part any ways imo hes not good for the part of namor

Mr.V
Ultimate Thor is quite a comic Jesus, (if hes a god that is) sent to earth by his father for unknown reasons. He tries to help us (through his self help group and his disciples...hippies) and he gets painted as a mad man and stuck in prison. So if he gets taken out, that will be his rebirth big grin hopefully he doesnt die, because hes too cool cool

grey fox
Ultimate Thor is quite a comic Jesus, (if hes a god that is) sent to earth by his father for unknown reasons. He tries to help us (through his self help group and his disciples...hippies) and he gets painted as a mad man and stuck in prison. So if he gets taken out, that will be his rebirth big grin hopefully he doesnt die, because hes too cool cool

Well they did model him after David Ike....

His Airness
bump

King KAM
ummmm.....okay lets put it like this.... Thing is stronger in strength department than Thor, and when Reed put those cuffs on Namor, he said that they were able to hold the strongest meta-human in the world which he also said happened to be Namor, Namor broke them effortlessly...the man would crush thor's head in

emporerpants
*spoilers on thor and the final issue of ultimates 2!!!!

thor is right, he really is the god of thunder. aintitcool.com had a preview of the issue. oh, and thor takes namor.

His Airness
Originally posted by emporerpants
*spoilers on thor and the final issue of ultimates 2!!!!

thor is right, he really is the god of thunder. aintitcool.com had a preview of the issue. oh, and thor takes namor.

Read it, and I'm not impressed by Thor's power, at least not nearly as impressed as I was by Namor's. Namor is smarter, stronger, more durable, faster, and just an all around superior combatant to Thor. He also had complete control over the sea, as he threatened to drown New York if Sue did not kiss him.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/P.jpg

emporerpants
meh, i own that story arc of ultimate fantastic 4. sure, namor is impressive, but i think the lighting would be to much for him. namor being able to drown new york really doesn't affect someone who can fly and electrocute him while he's in the water. but i suppose its possible for namor to win. frankly, he hasn't had enough showings for anything conclusive one way or the other to be decided.

His Airness
meh, i own that story arc of ultimate fantastic 4. sure, namor is impressive, but i think the lighting would be to much for him. namor being able to drown new york really doesn't affect someone who can fly and electrocute him while he's in the water. but i suppose its possible for namor to win. frankly, he hasn't had enough showings for anything conclusive one way or the other to be decided.

The number of showings is irrelevant when the few he does have are superior to the many Thor has.

I don't necessarily know if lightning would prove effective, but it's a possibility. However I'm positive even if effective it would do all but put him down. Taking a full nova blast with no ill effects is an impressive durability feat.

His ability to control water would prove extremely useful in a battle such as this. Fighting a slower opponent, Namor could easily bombard Thor with Water leaving him unable to counter and defend himself.

Namor 9/10

emporerpants
hmm, i suppose. i still say thor's lighting would be a big deal against namor, but namor does appear to out class thor in strength...bah, i don't know. i still think its close, maybe namor for a slight majority. you know who would totally wreck namor though? have you read the latest issue of ultimate power? *spoilers

hyperion. he owns the crap out of thor, torch, and sue at the same time. its not even close. he catches thors hammer, takes it away, and knocks his ass out with it after busting open sues force shield and taking out torch with his "heat vision."

His Airness
hmm, i suppose. i still say thor's lighting would be a big deal against namor, but namor does appear to out class thor in strength...bah, i don't know. i still think its close, maybe namor for a slight majority. you know who would totally wreck namor though? have you read the latest issue of ultimate power? *spoilers

hyperion. he owns the crap out of thor, torch, and sue at the same time. its not even close. he catches thors hammer, takes it away, and knocks his ass out with it after busting open sues force shield and taking out torch with his "heat vision."

It's up in the air, but I'm not ruling it out.

Namor imo is a top tier character. Because of his power lv he would fit in more in the mainstream 616 than the Ultimate verse. From his depiction in his first few showings, no one from the Ultimate Universe is touching his power lv.

superkronick92
Before ultimates 2 13, I would say Namor but now, Thor murders him

emporerpants
hyperion does, in fact, i think hyperion trumps him. but then, he's not actually part of the ultimate universe. heh. but yeah, namor is in the top tier for sure, theres no question of that.

His Airness
Originally posted by superkronick92
Before ultimates 2 13, I would say Namor but now, Thor murders him

He didn't do anything that we hadn't seen from him before.

grey fox
Thor tore through the gigantic (it was the size of a building) dragon, like a knife through butter !

And he wasn't even harmed !!!

Adding into the fact that he kept up with Hyperion during their brawl (UP :...2 I believe ? ) proves that he's no slouch in the durability department.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.