Four Spider-Man 3 Villains!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prince Nauj
Former Marvel Studios CEO Avi Arad may have let a big one out of the bag when talking to IFMagazine.com. He says there are four villains in Spider-Man 3!

iF: There are four villains this time, Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin and when is the fourth going to be revealed?

ARAD: Right we have four villains. Pretty soon I believe. Maybe around Comic Con we'll reveal something and the madness will begin.

The full interview is available at the link above. The third installment hits theaters on May 4, 2007. Stay tuned to Superhero Hype! for continued reports from the New York City sets.

Heres the direct Link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14808

spencerspider
Lizard maybe or... dare I say Manwolf

G a n n o n
Wow four villians????? If this is true maybe Topher is Electro after all.

spencerspider
no he is Eddie...

spencerspider
it would make sense for Lizard but I dont know this seems very very strange

Scarecrow756
At this rate the movie is going to be three hours if it is going to be any good.

spencerspider
nah they can do it in 2 and a half. Harry dont take long, Sandman shouldnt, and if Lizard neither should he. Venom is the problem especially if he fights

sithsaber408
Here is the direct link, the one that comingsoon.net will send you to:

http://www.ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=3028

Jimmy Buggs
why four? that seems kind of over kill. I guess they realy dont want to have a part 4

Dan-El
I'm not sure that they will all be MAIN villains. Think of it like this: Harry Osborn is the RICH owner of Osborn Industries, which, a few years ago, was producing super-soldier serums. Now, it is not impossible to conceive that perhaps Harry hired a merc or two (Sandman and *Unknown*) and empowered them with different versions of a super-soldier formula.
OR, and stay with me here, Sandman is the hired merc from Osborn Industries. The OTHER villain could very well be the Scorpion. Perhaps Gargan is hired by JJ to take care of Spidey in the beginning of the film?
A third choice would be Spidey whooping up on the Shocker, to show a connection between the film and Ultimate Spidey.

chucktaylor
Indeed.

spencerspider
Well I would say the 4 is Venom GG2 Sandman (we know those 3) and Lizard or Scorpion/Manwolf. Lizard cuz Conners was introduced and Scorpion cuz JJJ might be mad and Manwolf would show John pissed

Silverstein
i hope its not like Xmen 3 where theres a bazillion characters and the movie is like an hour and a half lol

why would manwolf be in it...he...sucks...i never even heard of manwolf lol

Altar[1stONE]
kingpin maybe?

Drache53
I doubt they'll go the werewolf route... (To Silver) Spidey movies are usually a few minutes over 2 hours. So it could work...

About Kingpin: HIGHLY doubt it. He's under another company.

suthan
venom without any doubt venom should be the main character in this movie. but why sandman. compare this two character n be a judge for urself. the audience will love venom. he has style, character, wittness, evilness, n power in his corner as imagination put him into. Spiderman meet ur match. VENOM.

Drache53
Sandman can seep inside Spidey's tights and irritate his skin... Beat that.

Just kidding. Sandman can take any shape he wants, can increase his density so he can be hard as rock or soft as (gasp) sand. Spider-Man can literally run through Sandman. Don't hate on Sandman.

NoFate007
I doubt there's 4 villains in there unless they're counting in a wrong way.

What do I mean? Well hell they could bullshit us and say that all of the following people are villains in the movie:

Harry Osborn
Sandman
Venom
Curt Conners (and go "well he BECOMES a villain!"wink
JJJ ("well he's an antagonist in some aspects!!"wink
Peter himself ("well he's fighting his inner self in this one!!! c'mon!!"wink

etc.

It just doesn't make sense that they'll have four villains. Right now the most likely thing is going to be Sandman as the main villain with GG2 or Hobgoblin for Harry while Peter has the symbiote. GG2 turns good and kills Sandman (since Peter doesn't kill in these movies) and Peter rejects the symbiote and then the last scene foreshadows Venom's appearance.

Darth Jello
if the plot summary i read was right, the villains are gonna be sandman, Brock, Jameson, and Green Goblin.

G a n n o n
Originally posted by NoFate007
I doubt there's 4 villains in there unless they're counting in a wrong way.

What do I mean? Well hell they could bullshit us and say that all of the following people are villains in the movie:

Harry Osborn
Sandman
Venom
Curt Conners (and go "well he BECOMES a villain!"wink
JJJ ("well he's an antagonist in some aspects!!"wink
Peter himself ("well he's fighting his inner self in this one!!! c'mon!!"wink

etc.

It just doesn't make sense that they'll have four villains. Right now the most likely thing is going to be Sandman as the main villain with GG2 or Hobgoblin for Harry while Peter has the symbiote. GG2 turns good and kills Sandman (since Peter doesn't kill in these movies) and Peter rejects the symbiote and then the last scene foreshadows Venom's appearance.
i agree completley. throwing away four villians in one movie just doesnt make sense.

Doc Ock
Four villains??

Ah sure why not?? Heck let's just do the Sinister Six in this one roll eyes (sarcastic)

spencerspider
lol... that would be funny. but I think I rethought and maybe it is Peter himself. I mean we saw him with symbiote robbing a bank.. Possibly, but maybe Lizard ahhhhhhhh we're getting info finally and it's driving me crazy

Dan-El
I must concur with No Fate. I was just speculating as to how they could pull it off.

I could definitely see the Shocker getting his arse handed to him in the opening! That would be great! Or any other B-Rated villain (The Grizzly, Rhino, etc...)

sithsaber408
Most likely we'll get Lizard, since Connors was already introduced in the films, or.... since we're getting Venom, perhaps a hint of Carnage for Spidey 4?

H. S. 6
Damn...

By the time the movie comes out, Spidey's going to be facing an army of every single one of his past foes.

Drache53
Don't forget the deadites... And Ash is making a special guest appearence... haha (Evil Dead for all those who didn't know)

NoFate007
Oh wait a minute. That's right. There's a rumor going around that Bruce Campbell plays Quentin Beck and he's in a scene with Mary Jane. They could be counting that as Mysterio.

spencerspider
I doubt it. Best choices
1. Lizard
2. Scorpion
3. Shocker (or someone to die at start)

NoFate007
Well at least we know for sure that there are some we can definitely, without a doubt, take out of the running:

1. Tombstone
2. Carnage
3. Electro
4. Morlun
5. Smythe
6. Kingpin
7. Big Wheel
8. Walrus
9. Spot
10. Doppelganger
11. Any other symbiote (Toxin, Lasher, etc)

At least I hope we can count out people like Big Wheel lol.

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
Oh wait a minute. That's right. There's a rumor going around that Bruce Campbell plays Quentin Beck and he's in a scene with Mary Jane. They could be counting that as Mysterio.

Hail to the king !!!

Silverstein
that would be cool if bruce campbell plays Mysterio.

Shocker or Rhino should be fighting spiderman at the start of the movie, their characters and story dont need to be introduced. if it was the Lizard, they need to explore the Lizard character...Scorpion would be cool too, but Scorpion and Lizard need more screentime than Rhino and Shocker...

spencerspider
it'll probably end up being Black Spiderman

Darth Jello
I Campbell is Beck, then Kevin Smith should either shoot him in a cameo or Afflek should put on the red tights and clock him in the background for old times sake.

Dan-El
All hail NoFate, who may have solved the mystery!

Wait... does Campbell necessarily have to be Beck to qualify as a villain? I mean, he was one of Peter Parker's "antagonists" in Spider-Man 2.

"There was this obnoxious usher..."

Silverstein
it would be cooler if he was a villain, cuz then after when spidey beats mysterios arse it could be like a call back to the previous film, and everyone is like hahah thats the obnoxious usher! and stuff like that to make people happy

chucktaylor
But Beck is supposed to be a stunt man right? With no looks whatsoever?

Well, at least Mysterio's in, I'm cool.

Storsy
Not sure why no one else has figured this out!!!?

Obviously we now know for sure that the villians are going to be:

1. Harry as Green Goblin 2 (slightly altered costume, but GG2)

2. Church as The Sandman (henchman for Harry?)

3. Topher (cringe) as Venom (will this be at the end of the movie setting up Venum for Spiderman 4?)

And...

Obviously...

Avi is thinking of....

The fourth villian being...

THE SYMBIOTE!!!!

Right, doesn;t that make sense? We've seen the black Spidey poster. See the on set pics with the black costume. We have seen Topher wielding a camera pointing to him indeed (cringe) being Eddie Brock.

So all of this points to the SYMBIOTE. So think of it from their point of view. The Symbiote will effectively take over Peter, forcing him to "fight" it. His personality will likely change, causing him to do things he normally would not (Hit MJ maybe? or kill harry?). Either way the Symbiote will end up being an antangonist, forcing a major portion of the movie to be based around Peter dealing with it and getting rid of it. I expect the hinted at church scene, in which Topher having been fired from the Bugle due to Parker, is inside whining like a *****. Spidey will be somewhere near/on/in the church trying to rid himself of the 4th "villian" to no avail and then the church bell will toll. The sonics will enable peter to fight the symbiote off. It will then drip down/crawl over to Brock and their mutual hatred of Parker/Spiderman will have them joing to be Venom (likely for movie 4).

Just my best guess, but it does make sense!!

regards,

Storsy

Ritoshi
Only 3 villains and 4 if you include the Symbiote but...Venom<sand man and they might make Harry the damn Hobgoblin or green gblin 2..I will kill thenm if they make him the Hob Goblin.

spencerspider
well u cant say symbiote cuz they said they will reveal who it is.. symbiote spiderman has been shown so that wouldnt be that revealing. it is prob some intro villain. cuz lizard coud be done quick but he will take a good chunk of movie. especially since there is supposed to be that big fight at the end with venom and all it should be an intro villain

NoFate007
I think they might be counting Quentin Beck if he's in there.

spencerspider
maybe...

F_doomed
Okie dokie
Here what i think will happen in Chronogloical order

Introduction To conners
Spidy Vs Lizard

then Hydro man

Finds Suit

Fights goblin
Venom begins to immerge

Venom is introduced
MOVIE OVER

Silverstein
hydro man? where'd he come from?

spencerspider
lol it is sandman and venom will most likely fight since he is a "villain"

chucktaylor
Where'd Hydroman come from?! erm

Dan-El
He probably meant Sandman. Many people confuse the two because of the 90s cartoon.

And Venom certainly won't be in the film until the cliffhanger ending. Then he'll be in 4. Trust me, there will be a 4.

Kal875
The 4th villain will most likely be the Lizard.
Spider-man will were the black suit until venom emerges at a cliffhanger like it was said before

spencerspider
well I believe Venom will fight, you technically are not a "villain" unless you do something. They woulda said Brock imo. And they also said there would be no cliffhanger so that kinda leaves the Venom at the end thing not likely. If so you have to wait another 2-3 years. I mean you can show the symbiote slip off or somthing but they will "tie up lose ends" as they said.

so the villains thing is probably shocker at start

NoFate007
I think I remember them saying that there actually was a scene at the end that "was laying the ground work for other things".

I don't think they'd throw Lizard in real fast, I think they'd like to focus on him for a little while. I'm really starting to get convinced that they're counting either Peter himself (and being stupid about that) or that Beck is going to show up.

Dan-El
I'm hoping for a B-List villain cameo, but I'm sure they won't add the Lizard. There's been no rumor about it.

Kal875
Spidey 4-Sinister 6!

spencerspider
no..

Kal875
are you serious?

That would be a mad good movie!

chucktaylor
Too much villains for a 2 hour movie.

It would be cool. But too little screen time.

spencerspider
yea, most are complaining about 4... so 6? i dont think so

Darth Jello
just a guy named joe?

spencerspider
huh...

Silverstein
yeah, Connors/Lizard needs a lot of screentime, since he actually has a connection with Parker, unlike Rhino or Shocker.

-I dunno if they will have a cliffhanger ending, that'll leave a chance for SP4, which, the main cast will leave, like tobey. SO that means they have to find a new spiderman, and im not sure if the new director, will be the same as raimi, not every director is like raimi, they might not like the changes raimi made to the spiderman movies; that means, they might even look for a new eddie brock, the organics, etc,who knows.

NoFate007
Casting would change but they wouldn't change some things. Organics are a part of 3 films now, they won't just go "Yeah he uh...doesn't have that anymore." But yeah, if they don't have the same cast, they can just recast with other people. Contrary to popular belief, Tobey/Dunst/Raimi aren't the only people out there that could pull it off lol.

Kal875
yeah, now that I think about, think about all the money they would spend on SpecialEffects if there was a S6

Ichigo Kurosaki
Lizard would be a good villian!

spencerspider
He would. For Spiderman 4!

Ichigo Kurosaki
No. I say Spiderman 3. erm

Dan-El
I say it'll never happen

Silverstein
The Lizard is not a great villain. There's nothing cool about him and thats visually appealing for the movie goer. Sandman = umm cool sand fx, GG II = glider n bombs, Venom = <3 for fanboys, however other villains Shocker = cool shock fx, Rhino = cooler than Lizard...

Dan-El
Agreed. The Lizard has a whole story behind him, with Billy and Martha, the everglades, etc. Not enough to cover. I say that classic villains should be given the full movie to explain themselves, like with GG and Doc Ock. Venom too.

Silverstein
yeah, and they would have to explain his experiments and stuff with Peter.

Dan-El
What? No! Geez, you're thinking about the cartoon! Doc Conners was a Florida scientist, and Pete went down with JJ (who wanted to do an article on it) to investigate. Action ensued.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Darth Jello
just a guy named joe?

Lol I remeber him, who needs Venom when you have Joe there. But yeah I hope the start of the film will have some1 like shocker robbing a bank, Lizard would have to much of a back story to cover, but rhino would be a good person for spidey to wail on, it would be the first time Rihno could loose on the big screen smile instead of a crappy must deliver pizza on time, and then chris barnes voicing Spider-man, I don't care if he sounds nothing like Tobey he will be so much better.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Dan-El
What? No! Geez, you're thinking about the cartoon! Doc Conners was a Florida scientist, and Pete went down with JJ (who wanted to do an article on it) to investigate. Action ensued.

Happy Dance

or Connors like the mtv cartoon lol, since they have a ultimate style Eddie Brock goin on, who knows, the Lizard was already set loose in the mtv cartoon, and it was never resolved...

and yeah, Lizard has too much of a storyline.

Ieatbabies
Not the lizard. No. Just too much to be explained when you have like three other villains with their stories to be explained, and the relationship of Peter with his family/friends.

I haven't been reading up on the Spiderman movie (I've been reading up on the X-men one), but four villains is pushing it. I'm not liking Sandman as the main villain. The only one that fits the story is obviously Harry Osbourn being the main villain.

Venom would please pretty much anyone as the main villain though. Which would equal big bucks for Sony.

But I wonder how these villains will interact with eachother? Will they all go afer Parker, or will they go after eachother becuase they are getting in eachothers way?

2-D
this is gona be like one of them old crappy batman films isin't it??? like when they had loadz of villians doin random shit

Dan-El
Sandman is a classic villain! How can you hate him?!

See, that's what I don't understand. How can a fan of Spider-Man hate the best villains? Sandman, Chameleon, Doc Ock, Electro, the Vulture; all were introduced within the first ten issues of Amazing Spider-Man! In 1963! And they've survived to this day! Well, except Ock, who has died, but then came back, but you get the point.

These classic villains make the Spidey universe amazing! You can't get the same thing out of Nocturne, or the Cyclone, or hell, even the Tarantula! Those B-Lists are nothing more than horseshit characters made for filler issues! The good characters are the ones that have reappeared throughout the history of Spider-Man comics, which are to no coincidence the ones created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko/John Romita!

So yeah, Venom's a good character, but if you want the best, you stick with the classics. Besides, Venom will get his own spot in SM 4.

Sparkz
Sandman is a classic villain! How can you hate him?!

See, that's what I don't understand. How can a fan of Spider-Man hate the best villains? Sandman, Chameleon, Doc Ock, Electro, the Vulture; all were introduced within the first ten issues of Amazing Spider-Man! In 1963! And they've survived to this day! Well, except Ock, who has died, but then came back, but you get the point.

These classic villains make the Spidey universe amazing! You can't get the same thing out of Nocturne, or the Cyclone, or hell, even the Tarantula! Those B-Lists are nothing more than horseshit characters made for filler issues! The good characters are the ones that have reappeared throughout the history of Spider-Man comics, which are to no coincidence the ones created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko/John Romita!

So yeah, Venom's a good character, but if you want the best, you stick with the classics. Besides, Venom will get his own spot in SM 4.

Amen my brother....sorry it just sounded like you were preaching...

Dan-El
lol, I was. The Spidey Gospel!

FG725
well the lizard is a possibility in here but I'm thinking more of a minor villian like Shocker, Rhino or someone weak so he can show how strong he is in the suit or...we can just throw in the lizard.

chucktaylor
Lizard needs too much background story. Its impossible.

Dan-El
This whole movie is under a heavy tarp of secrecy! It's going to drive us nuts! Oh yeah, the SM 3 teaser is tagged for Superman Returns, so hopefully I'll get some insight into the movie when I see Supes in action!

MX5RACER
What about opening the movie up with Connors and Pete in the lab. Pete overhears a report of the space shuttle coming for a crash landing and leaves Connors alone in the lab.

As Spidey is saving Jameson Jr. in the shuttle, Connors makes a mistake in the lab and the lizard is created. Spidey, saves the shuttle and rescues JJ Jr. and comes in contact with the Symbiote.

OR...

They open the movie with the space shuttle taking off or in space already, and the Sybiote coming aboard and causing the shuttle to crash.

Dan-El
I want to see Spidey save John like he did in Amz. Spider-Man #1

And though the origin for Conners/the Lizard is simple enough, the doc's backstory is a little more involved. We haven't yet seen the personal life of Curt Conners, so we have no mental connection to the character at all. Turning an empty character into a villain is an abomination.

Superman_045
Agreed. The only way I want to see the Lizard in this movie is if they show his origins.

MX5RACER
Oh, you mean just like the intro. they gave Doc Oc? I agree that you would need to see some background on the Lizard/Connors so that the audience gets to like him, before he turns into the Lizard. It makes the Spidey/Lizard battles that much more important. I just think it would be cool having a black-suited Spidey crawling around in the sewers looking for the Lizard.

What is more likely to happen, is that Harry goes nuts and kidnaps MJ. During the following battle, MJ is killed and Spidey hates life again. He starts to question the whole hero thing again. He crosses paths with the Symbiote and turns evil. He then fights himself and the Sybiote to re-gain hero status. At this point, the Symbiote finds Eddie and becomes Venom. All the crimes done by Spidey/Sybiote will be pinned on Venom.

Sparkz
I want to see Spidey save John like he did in Amz. Spider-Man #1

And though the origin for Conners/the Lizard is simple enough, the doc's backstory is a little more involved. We haven't yet seen the personal life of Curt Conners, so we have no mental connection to the character at all. Turning an empty character into a villain is an abomination.

Yeah a save like that would look damn cool for a character like Spider-man in a movie.

FG725
most likely spidey will get a teammate in this im betting harry turns good at the end and dies helping peter. Venom might kill one of the villains if they tick him off. who knows anything could happen one thing is certain though carnage wont have a part anytime soon without an R rating that is. But I hope they give Cletus a cameo

chucktaylor
Guys, let's all remember Sandman! big grin

Dan-El
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Guys, let's all remember Sandman! big grin

Agreed. Give me a few days, and I'll come up with the most likely plot synopsis.

chucktaylor
Hahaha! big grin

MadMel
lol...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.