New York not worth Protecting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/06/no_icons_no_mon.html

New York has no national monuments or icons, according to the Department of Homeland Security form obtained by ABC News. (Click here for the actual document.) That was a key factor used to determine that New York City should have its anti-terror funds slashed by 40 percent--from $207.5 million in 2005 to $124.4 million in 2006.

The formula did not consider as landmarks or icons: The Empire State Building, The United Nations, The Statue of Liberty and others found on several terror target hit lists. It also left off notable landmarks, such as the New York Public Library, Times Square, City Hall and at least three of the nation's most renowned museums: The Guggenheim, The Metropolitan and The Museum of Natural History.

The form ignored that New York City is the capital of the world financial markets and merely stated the city had four significant bank assets.

New York City is home to Chase, JP Morgan, Citi Group, The New York Stock Exchange, The Commodities Exchange, American Express, George Soros funds, Michael Gabelli's funds, Lazard Frere and Salomon Brothers, to name just a few of the more prominent banking interests located there.

The formula did note a commuter population of more than 16 million around the city twice struck by fundamentalist terrorists and twice more targeted in plots halted in pre-operational stages. It noted the more than eight million residents and the largest rail ridership in the nation - more than five million. It is those commuters and rail riders who are expected to suffer most from the cuts since mass transit is listed on most DHS alerts as the top terror target. (Click here for the Strategic Threat Document obtained by ABC News.)

The report lists as classified "visitors of interest destination city," immigration cases, suspicious incidents and FBI cases. New York City is home to the largest FBI field office in the country, which actively monitors 24/7 the Iranian Mission. The city has also had the most significant terror trials in the nation and is home to one of the largest air hubs in the nation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

im speechless........

.........really i have no words for this stupidity.......discuss if you can

Jonathan Mark
*speechless*

JacopeX
SO am I, Im just wondering about the affect of 9/11 if it caused this at all. I havent seen the terrorism rate that high around these yearz you know.

PVS
Originally posted by JacopeX
SO am I, Im just wondering about the affect of 9/11 if it caused this at all. I havent seen the terrorism rate that high around these yearz you know.

wtf is wrong with you?

Arachnoidfreak
Living in New York, Im both surprised and not. How the hell does New York not have anything that qualifies as a landmark??

Im not surprised though, because Bush is running shit and has been cutting funds from New York for several years now.

Darth Jello
If new york was turned into a crater tomorrow, bush would masturbate on the ashes.

Inspectah Deck
Being from New York I think that's pretty stupid.

"The form ignored that New York City is the capital of the world financial markets and merely stated the city had four significant bank assets."

Lord Urizen
New York don't like Bush. So Bush don't like New York.

This is all some Bullsh*t that Bush and Cheney probably inspired.

"Strategery"laughing

Templares
*scratches head*

Wha-? blink messed

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS

New York has no national monuments or icons, according to the Department of Homeland Security form obtained by ABC News. (Click here for the actual document.) That was a key factor used to determine that New York City should have its anti-terror funds slashed by 40 percent--from $207.5 million in 2005 to $124.4 million in 2006.

The formula did not consider as landmarks or icons: The Empire State Building, The United Nations, The Statue of Liberty and others found on several terror target hit lists. It also left off notable landmarks, such as the New York Public Library, Times Square, City Hall and at least three of the nation's most renowned museums: The Guggenheim, The Metropolitan and The Museum of Natural History.

The form ignored that New York City is the capital of the world financial markets and merely stated the city had four significant bank assets.

New York City is home to Chase, JP Morgan, Citi Group, The New York Stock Exchange, The Commodities Exchange, American Express, George Soros funds, Michael Gabelli's funds, Lazard Frere and Salomon Brothers, to name just a few of the more prominent banking interests located there.

The formula did note a commuter population of more than 16 million around the city twice struck by fundamentalist terrorists and twice more targeted in plots halted in pre-operational stages. It noted the more than eight million residents and the largest rail ridership in the nation - more than five million. It is those commuters and rail riders who are expected to suffer most from the cuts since mass transit is listed on most DHS alerts as the top terror target. (Click here for the Strategic Threat Document obtained by ABC News.)

The report lists as classified "visitors of interest destination city," immigration cases, suspicious incidents and FBI cases. New York City is home to the largest FBI field office in the country, which actively monitors 24/7 the Iranian Mission. The city has also had the most significant terror trials in the nation and is home to one of the largest air hubs in the nation.

im speechless........

.........really i have no words for this stupidity.......discuss if you can WOW!...........

Bye bye New York........I guess I should hurry and visit there, before it's gone...... sad

PVS
Originally posted by debbiejo
WOW!...........

Bye bye New York........I guess I should hurry and visit there, before it's gone...... sad

no expression

debbiejo
Well NJ is near NY, sooo you'll be gone too......

Better move!!

Ritoshi
I am going to die then no expression

PVS
Well NJ is near NY, sooo you'll be gone too......

Better move!!

great solution debs. maybe everyone should just move out of the new york metro area. here you go...

*throws a yarnball*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/pr80726.jpg

debbiejo
Bye bye PVS.......I'll miss you..... rolling on floor laughing

lol

Arachnoidfreak
thats ****ed up deb

debbiejo
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
thats ****ed up deb Ok, I'll write my senator ....better now...

Of course, I used to write senators, who else does/did.

PVS
can you perhaps not post here anymore unless you have something relevant to add or ponder? nothing personal between me and you, its just that right now you're annoying the shit out of me.

Arachnoidfreak
Right. Ill write my senator to stop funding to Michigan. Whats in there anyway? Detroit? That's a dump, we can do without that.

debbiejo
laughing out loud ...ok.......I'll really try this time.....

Well, if people are going to complain about something, then they should DO something about it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
It probably has something to do with a prominent female Democrat Senator who has aspirations to the presidency...If anything does happen, then it's her fault.

Arachnoidfreak

Well, if people are going to complain about something, then they should DO something about it.

You're right debbiejo. We should be the target of a second terrorist attack. The first one wasn't enough, I think a second one might just change the government's mind.

Templares
New York has no national monuments or icons.

Im curious as to how they come up with this conclusion . . . .

debbiejo
You're right debbiejo. We should be the target of a second terrorist attack. The first one wasn't enough, I think a second one might just change the government's mind.

... What I'm saying is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!....If the government wants to slash funds for protecting NY, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.....I would.

Spartan005
This is ****ing ridiculous

*evacuates*

Arachnoidfreak
What I'm saying is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!....If the government wants to slash funds for protecting NY, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.....I would.

The problem is that everyone is already doing shit against this administration, protests, writing, chanting '**** bush' in the streets...the next step is to grab guns and march on the white house lawn.

I don't see what you don't understand, Bush and Co. just don't give a shit about what the people have to say. His ratings are at a pathetic 28% and dropping. HE DOESN'T CARE.

Jabba the Hutt
Originally posted by PVS

im speechless........

That IS the stupidest thing I've ever heard. WTF the Statue of Liberty is not a National monument? Then what is? The gigantic ball of cheese in Wisconsin?

debbiejo
The problem is that everyone is already doing shit against this administration, protests, writing, chanting '**** bush' in the streets...the next step is to grab guns and march on the white house lawn.

I don't see what you don't understand, Bush and Co. just don't give a shit about what the people have to say. His ratings are at a pathetic 28% and dropping. HE DOESN'T CARE.

ok no expression

Lord Urizen

Bush is nothing. Cheney is the real danger. Bush is nothing more than Cheney's puppet.

Captain REX
Ah, yes, Darth Cheney, that vicious fiend.

Really, debbiejo, Arachnoid's right. The next step would to be hold Bush hostage, and that ain't happening.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Bush is nothing. Cheney is the real danger. Bush is nothing more than Cheney's puppet.

I think you missed where I said "This administration" and "Bush and CO"

Im not surprised that you did to be honest.

debbiejo
Hmmmmmmm........

I find the whole government system a problem.......What to protect and secure and what not.....What to fix and not, ie New Orleans and coastal areas, though different.........Not many years ago it was CA..........Where do we spend the money! Everywhere needs it....not to mention paying our military forces what should we do, and spreading them out all over this earth for what??

My opinion anyways........don't know what to do........Democratic society?.....hmm

Given up on writing senators a long time ago.........

Echuu

That kind of attitude is almost as pathetic as the current administration. Can anyone tell me one good thing that protesting does??? Nothing.

Lana
Originally posted by Echuu
That kind of attitude is almost as pathetic as the current administration. Can anyone tell me one good thing that protesting does??? Nothing.

Apparently you don't remember how the US became a country if you say that protest is useless and does nothing.

Nevermind
The USA has a f*cked administration now?! Get outta town! Seriously though, this is really f*cked.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS

im speechless........

............I want to know wtf New York has been if not a national capital in the last 200+ years. They're a bunch of crackheads if they believe there are no national monuments in NYC.

botankus
Can anyone tell me one good thing that protesting does???
Sales on pots and pans at garage sales are up 70% every time there's a protest in town.

Philip_ll
Well, i must say that newyork does appear to be crawling with morons, but thats no reason to let the city fend for itself.

DiamondBullets
That's a dump

And NYC isn't??

Alpha Centauri

Precisely.

As Doug Stanhope once said: "You honestly think they give a shit about any of you people?! 'Ok Mr. Bush, we have the support of Russia, China, England...the jury is still out on Gary and Jeff in Indiana, we better hold off until we hear what they think.' They don't care, man."

Or as Bill Hicks also said: "It's all about who Shell, Pepsi Co and other corporations want in there, not who you want."

-AC

debbiejo
We can't let NY get destroyed. They have great restaurants!!

But then so does Detroit...

Morgoths_Wrath

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
And NYC isn't??

As the WORLD'S CAPITAL FOR FINANCE and home to UN headquarters, which basically means it's the the meeting place for every major world leader, no, no it isn't a dump.

Your opinion just means less than dog shit right now. You've shown yourself to be completely ignorant and predjudiced on many occasions. Too many.

Morgoths_Wrath

debbiejo
See! We should never give up our guns.....They do serve a purpose...

I will leave now.

Echuu
Originally posted by Lana
Apparently you don't remember how the US became a country if you say that protest is useless and does nothing.

laughing out loud No.

Taking action is how the US became a country, not sitting on a street corner saying "OMG MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!"

botankus>.........yeah I'll give ya that one stick out tongue

Morgoths_Wrath
Jefferson also said "Every citizen should be a soldier."

PVS
the true idiocy is that al qaeda have NOT been targeting 'landmarks'.
they didnt attack the wtc as a 'symbolic gesture of blah blah blah freedom blah blah tower of the jews blah blah.' they simply wanted to cripple the world economy. they didnt attack the pentagon because its a 'symbolic attack on all american military power yadda yadda freedom blah blah alah.' they simply wanted to cripple our military by taking out high ranking leaders. and i doubt they were heading to d.c. on flight 93 to do anything symbolic. i think they just wanted to kill some politicians as well.

so, seems a simple deduction, right?
well these assholes dont even have the common sense to see that.
instead they base their calculations on landmarks, the assumption being
that terrorists would rather destroy a symbolic landmark...which they never did,
than murder 3000+ people for the sake of crippling our government, military, and economy...which they did.
stupid assholes.

Arachnoidfreak
Unfortunately the American public is practically scared out of their minds already. Ask them to go up against the government which sports agencies such as the CIA, FBI, and the entire military and even the most insane of citizens would call you crazy. The trick would be to get those agencies to side with the people, instead of the guys writing their paychecks.

Morgoths_Wrath
The trick would be to get those agencies to side with the people, instead of the guys writing their paychecks.

We're doomed.

PVS
laughing out loud No.

Taking action is how the US became a country, not sitting on a street corner saying "OMG MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!"

so then taking action would mean rioting and eventual rebelion and war? is that what you mean by "taking action?" or are you just spewing meaningless rhetoric?

Morgoths_Wrath

Arachnoidfreak
The power in this country is vested in wads of small green rectangular paper.

Morgoths_Wrath
The power in this country is vested in wads of small green rectangular paper.

mad

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS
so then taking action would mean rioting and eventual rebelion and war? is that what you mean by "taking action?" or are you just spewing meaningless rhetoric?

Well I wouldn't go that far because there is a democratic process for removing leaders from power.

I wouldn't take up arms against the current administration because I don't think it has gotten so bad that people have to consider grabbing their guns and marching on Washington. That is my personal opinion anyways.

Take action by lobbying your congressmen. I highly doubt half the people who complain about Bush have bothered to personally voice their opinion to a politician who can actually make something happen in the democratic process I referred to.

So no, I'm not spewing meaningless rhetoric.

PVS
Take action by lobbying your congressmen.

and what if we already do? is protesting still pointless?

PVS
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
Has democracy failed?

has democracy ever really succeeded?

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
No, but for the courtesy of others, please use Tupperware.

PVS
Originally posted by botankus
No, but for the courtesy of others, please use Tupperware.

i got about 3 hours of sleep and am running on pure caffine, so my wit is at an end. you're gonna have to walk me through that because i dont get it.

botankus
I was being serious. no expression

No, really, instead of using Stainless Steel (or God forbid, Corningware) pots and pans to beat on while in the protest circle, Tupperware would absorb the annoying sound a bit better, and probably provide a little more bass to the timpani orchestra of circle-walkers.

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS

Well PVS have you called your congressman?

Yes it is. Here's what it does... if you are holding a anti-abortion sign all you are going to do is piss off people who support abortion and get a thumbs up from those who like your sign. I think it is very rare for someone's opinions about politics and life to be swayed by the ramblings of someone holding up a sign looking like an idiot.

PVS
Well PVS have you called your congressman?

i prefer to write...or more specifically 'type'
Yes it is. Here's what it does... if you are holding a anti-abortion sign all you are going to do is piss off people who support abortion and get a thumbs up from those who like your sign. I think it is very rare for someone's opinions about politics and life to be swayed by the ramblings of someone holding up a sign looking like an idiot.

or it could be that by gathering you establish a unignorable presence as a group. as far as 'offending', well why should that deter peopel from making their voices heard?
if you think that all protest consists of holding signs and looking like idiots and being completely inneffective, you should read up more on american history.
maybe the civil rights movement would be appropriate study material? start with martin luther king junior, who according to your logic basked in the pointless and offensive, and accomplished nothing.

Lana

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
I was being serious. no expression

No, really, instead of using Stainless Steel (or God forbid, Corningware) pots and pans to beat on while in the protest circle, Tupperware would absorb the annoying sound a bit better, and probably provide a little more bass to the timpani orchestra of circle-walkers. Do you live in my world?? laughing out loud

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
*speechless*

ditto. cant say anything else other than what I have known for ages which this is one fu cked up planet we live on.

PVS
when will it finally be that everyone in america wakes up and comes to the conclusion that not a thing has been done to either punish those responsible for 9/11, or prevent another from happening. i guess thats not going to happen until n.y. gets nuked, and unfortunately i'll be too busy burning to death from radiation to finally get to say "i told you so".

Mr Parker
yeah Im afraid your right.there are too many people out there who are too frightened of the truth that they dont want to get out of their comfort zones and acknowledge this isnt the country that our forefathers fought for anymore.That it has become a police state and dictatership.No matter what evidence you show them they just want to turn a blind eye to it because the truth is too frightening for them.My sister is one of those people.For that reason,I pretty much stay away from her.

KidRock
According the democrats the United States isnt worth protecting...

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock

ill let someone else handle this. slapping you around bores me.

Lord Urizen

According to Republicans the United States is only for straight white anglosaxon protestants.

PVS

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
According to Republicans the United States is only for straight white anglosaxon protestants.

wow. its like witnessing the yin and yang of political simpletons.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by PVS
wow. its like witnessing the yin and yang of political simpletons.

Dude, i was being sarcastic.

He gave the most ignorant answer I've seen, so I tried to match his with an answer of equal ignorance.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lana
How did the Revolution start, though? By people protesting what they thought were unfair laws and treatment. Sure, the methods were different, but it was effective. Protest IS effective in getting things done in this country. Women wouldn't be allowed to vote if they didn't protest. Segregation would not have ended if not for protest.

I find it quite sad that these days, most people are too afraid of the government to speak out. That most people don't actually know what their rights are or what they mean. The government's supposed to be afraid of the people, because it only stands so long as we agree it is doing it's job. That's how the US is supposed to be...but it's gotten so twisted around that most people do not realize this. And that is not a good thing.

But as has been said -- the US government does not give a shit what the people think or want anymore, or at least, the current administration doesn't. If Bush and co. actually did, they wouldn't have such abysmal approval ratings. And I really don't think Bush will do shit to fix any of the problems he's caused...why should he bother? He's effectively a lame duck president, as he has no worries for needing to get re-elected.

I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again -- I am predicting a large political realignment in this year's Congressional elections, and the 2008 presidential elections. And you know what, I really, really hope it happens. Because this country needs some serious changes, and it needed them yesterday.

Great post Lana.I could not have said it better myself.It needs some serious changes alright like a third party because Clinton and Bush and Gore and all of them,their all in it together and yeah it makes me sick that people these days are afraid of the government,that they wont speak out against it and try and fix it.Like you said,protest is effective,it also made the government do what the people wanted when they got fed up with the vietnam war because we were never trying to win it and people finally begin to see that and protest against it and as a result,we withdrew from nam.Yeah what I also think is sad is that there are lots of people out there that dont want to hear how evil people like bush and clinton really are,they dont want to hear the evidence about that because they want to stay in their comfort zones.they dont want to believe that america has turned into a nazi regime and police state like it has.People should be on the steps of washington demanding the imprisonment of Bush,cheny and others but they are too afraid to do so.pretty sad it is.

PVS

ok fine then. ill give you a nice slap for old time's sake.
the decision to cut funds was made by homeland security secretary michael chertof, appointed by george w. bush.

now why dont you do the right thing and apologise to everyone for your idiotic comment.

Inspectah Deck
Right. Ill write my senator to stop funding to Michigan. Whats in there anyway? Detroit? That's a dump, we can do without that.

^co-sign

PVS
i hope we get a drive-by thread title reply.

"OMFG PVS HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT NEW YORK ISNT WORTH PROTECTING!!! MY FRIEND KNOWS THIS GUY WHO'S STEPFATHER'S COLLEGE ROOMATE WAS KILLED IN THE ATTACKS!!! AND YOU THINK WE SHOULDNT PROTECT NY????? *on and on and on* 911!! 911!!....."

that would make my week big grin

debbiejo
People need to remember also if NY gets nuked, it would affect the rest of this country also in some way....The air, water, food...etc...east coast....no one will want to visit there...........

THEN, it will be who's next....... huh

If I remember my United States map right, the poisonous water will flow into the Great lakes........and that's not good were I live...nooo..

*goes and looks for atlas*

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS
i prefer to write...or more specifically 'type'

or it could be that by gathering you establish a unignorable presence as a group. as far as 'offending', well why should that deter peopel from making their voices heard?
if you think that all protest consists of holding signs and looking like idiots and being completely inneffective, you should read up more on american history.
maybe the civil rights movement would be appropriate study material? start with martin luther king junior, who according to your logic basked in the pointless and offensive, and accomplished nothing.

Good.

w/e.. I was referring more to general idiot protesting of 15-50 people. MLK was brilliant and since you know your history so well how many people did he help muster together at D.C.?

Philip_ll
This city has the most american people in it, than any other city on earth. It has to be protected.

PVS
Good.

w/e.. I was referring more to general idiot protesting of 15-50 people. MLK was brilliant and since you know your history so well how many people did he help muster together at D.C.?

if i answer correctly does it mean that my internet penis is as big as yours?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
ill let someone else handle this. slapping you around bores me.

It was handled in the Bill O'Rielly thread you bumped. Much like Bill, he wants to point the finger at liberals, while lying all along the way. Bill said that Americans were the bad guys, when they were the vistims....and Kiduseless does the same thing, every time he opens his uninformed mouth.

Let's tack on another useless GO DUBYAH, just for good measure.

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
ok fine then. ill give you a nice slap for old time's sake.
the decision to cut funds was made by homeland security secretary michael chertof, appointed by george w. bush.

now why dont you do the right thing and apologise to everyone for your idiotic comment.

I dont reply to morons..sorry. Get an education and maybe..maybe, we can talk. If I am in a good mood that is.

Also us republicans are all for fighting terrorism..not letting them into the country..then giving them money.

PVS
yawn wha? huh

Arachnoidfreak
I dont reply to morons..sorry. Get an education and maybe..maybe, we can talk. If I am in a good mood that is.

Also us republicans are all for fighting terrorism..not letting them into the country..then giving them money.

O RLY?

Then it wasn't a republican in office that let terrorists into the country and let them blow up two buildings and attack the Pentagon?

I must have been dreaming when that happened then. I'm so glad you clarified that for me.

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS
if i answer correctly does it mean that my internet penis is as big as yours?

Nah, I was just wondering because I didn't know exactly how many people were there.

Philip_ll
Someone has an internet vagina.

Echuu
I was asking a question. Deal with it.

PVS
Nah, I was just wondering because I didn't know exactly how many people were there.

my apologies then. i thought you were pulling the "ask opponent for trivial facts and figures: if they answer incorrectly/dont answer at all, they are immediately discredited" method.

anyway, to answer your question, i really dont know

Arachnoidfreak
One million people.

Does the 'Million Man March' ring a bell?

You guys are brilliant.

PVS
One million people.

Does the 'Million Man March' ring a bell?

You guys are brilliant.

yeah, in fact i wanted to go, but they wouldnt let me march.
not because i was white, but because i was one man too many.
the guy in charge said "im sorry, but right now we have a million
people and if you march it will be a million and one men, which
means we'll have to redo all the merchandising.

brilliant

FunkMaster Flex
I was watching the news, and homeland security is giving $30,000 in funds to a mushroom festival in Texas, and 1/4 of a million dollars to a small village in Alaska to purchase, and install surveillance cameras. And, they are also cutting 17% from New York's bioterrorism funds.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by FunkMaster Flex
I was watching the news, and homeland security is giving $30,000 in funds to a mushroom festival in Texas, and 1/4 of a million dollars to a small village in Alaska to purchase, and install surveillance cameras. And, they are also cutting 17% from New York's bioterrorism funds.

i was just going to post this

Darth Jello
God, not to be a total anarchist but does anyone else wish that we could just hold a confidence vote and throw everyone in office in the middle of Oakland and then hold new elections, barring any past candidates from running?
I'd just love to see the bush administration try to survive a night on the street in oakland or compton or hells kitchen or the tenderloin, or even five points up here.

botankus
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I'd just love to see the bush administration try to survive a night on the street in oakland or compton or hells kitchen or the tenderloin, or even five points up here.

I believe right down the street from the White House would serve that purpose, and save gasoline.

Darth Jello
oh right, DC outside of the mall. Sorry, I forgot. They could just walk down the street to Dischord Records and get the crap kicked out of them by straight edge kids for eating a turkey sandwhich.

Soleran
Originally posted by Darth Jello
oh right, DC outside of the mall. Sorry, I forgot. They could just walk down the street to Dischord Records and get the crap kicked out of them by straight edge kids for eating a turkey sandwhich.

Right or he can just take about 10 minutes and go to 8th and I in DC or Arlington around the DC/Virginia border. If someone didn't recognize him as the president at night he's dead more then likely.

PVS
just lock him in a room with nascar on a 70" plasma screen, a big comfy lazy-boy recliner, and a bag of pretzels. then let natural selection take its coarse.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Soleran
Right or he can just take about 10 minutes and go to 8th and I in DC or Arlington around the DC/Virginia border. If someone didn't recognize him as the president at night he's dead more then likely.

I like mine better, more senseless, less purpose.

Arachnoidfreak
im all for throwing out people in office, woot!

Soleran
Originally posted by PVS
just lock him in a room with nascar on a 70" plasma screen, a big comfy lazy-boy recliner, and a bag of pretzels. then let natural selection take its coarse.

LOL Happy Dance

debbiejo
NY = Good food!

PVS
NY = Good food!

lost your yarnball?

debbiejo
The Statue of Liberty came from France........We can let that go right???

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, in fact i wanted to go, but they wouldnt let me march.
not because i was white, but because i was one man too many.
the guy in charge said "im sorry, but right now we have a million
people and if you march it will be a million and one men, which
means we'll have to redo all the merchandising.

brilliant

I'm sorry, I have to be literal with you.

ABOUT one million. Is that easier to comprehend now, Mr. Pedantic?

PVS
Good.

that was the question he asked me. and you answered with the million man march, which took place decades after king was assissinated. (attendance to the rally was estimated to be from 650,000 to over a million...impossible to know for sure) now, dont you feel silly?

so should i expect yet another childish rant or shall we just drop it now?

Arachnoidfreak
Oo so the One Million man march is wrong...but about one million is right.

No rant from me, a technicality is enough.

PVS
Oo so the One Million man march is wrong...but about one million is right.

No rant from me, a technicality is enough.

they came impressively close yes a minute chance exists, judging by the figures, that there very well could have been exactly one million men. that would be about a 1 in 500,000 chance...but possible.

btw, your sig is turning me on

Aziz!
Let's not forget that New York is the biggest American city.

Darth Jello
it is in terms of population and importance, not in terms of geographic size

Kritish
It's still a super dickish thing to say.

debbiejo
NY is full of minorites.........That's why their food is so good......eat

I doubt LA has as good of food.........Though they'll probably be next..

*goes to make something to eat*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.