Serious now please read this and help!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cain marko
ok you all know about the greenhouse effect and the problems it is causing but no-one is dong anything about it. but i had an idea. if you are members of other forums spread this topic around. email everyone you know about it. the point of this thread is not a chain letter however if it is percived as one its a bloody important one so please to ban it. car companies, supermarkets house holds constantly contribute to the cooking of our planet. everyone knows this yet nothing will happen if it is not brought to there attention that we care and want something to happen. i was thinking if we all email, right to these companises tesco, sainsburys wall-mart everywhere that imports vegetables which are easily obtainable through residential production to tell them you want them to reduce there unnecessary importing. ccar companies to reduce the amount of large enined cars that are produced and to find more efficient engines. right to your government tell them you care tell all your family and friends to right....it is a start. please consider it if you have children this will affect their lives and if we dont start helping now it wont be for the best!!!

replies in kind
What the hell are you talking about?

PVS
Originally posted by cain marko
the point of this thread is not a chain letter

are you sure? erm

debbiejo
I use non-aerosol (sp?) hair spray.... cool

Arachnoidfreak
I'll let my friend's grandchildren deal with it. I won't be having any.

debbiejo
I think people should be conscious of our Earth. It's the only home we have....In all areas.

Lovely Murder
over the last 100 years the temperature has only risen .5 degrees C, and global warming is real, but its a natural process.

see, earth has this movement called precession, where every 7000 years it tilts a little closer to the sun causing global warming, and another 7000 years after that its farther from the sun, which causes ice ages.

now, we only have about a hundred years of data, so really we dont have much to base your, or my, claim on.

but i do agree with you. something should be done, because at the rate we are going, we may never get another ice age.

Echuu
Scaremongering is the only word that comes to mind right now.

NineCoronas
I feel compelled to post this on other forums and send it to my friends, or I will experience bad luck for the rest of my life.

Regret
Originally posted by Lovely Murder
over the last 100 years the temperature has only risen .5 degrees C, and global warming is real, but its a natural process.

see, earth has this movement called precession, where every 7000 years it tilts a little closer to the sun causing global warming, and another 7000 years after that its farther from the sun, which causes ice ages.

now, we only have about a hundred years of data, so really we dont have much to base your, or my, claim on.

but i do agree with you. something should be done, because at the rate we are going, we may never get another ice age.

Yes, one of my generals in the beginning of my college career covered this to some extent. The arguments for both sides are valid, the issue is whether our acts have significantly altered the natural course or not. It seems we should err on the side of caution. One often used argument is holes in the ozone layer, which is related to the aerosols and freezer components he spoke of. The holes have been shown to be naturally occurring, but have they been at the size they exist now? We don't know for sure.

One thing that bothers me on these forums is lack of proper spelling. if you want a message like this to be taken seriously be very careful with spelling and grammar. I'd right to my whoever if he were somewhere to my right I suppose, but it probably wouldn't work. Writing may be the better option.

Lovely Murder
there is no right or write in my post...confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.