Iceman vs. Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Universe
Iceman

vs.

FF

no prep at all. who wins?

He-guy88
i say maybe iceman but theirs so mainy iceman treads that i just think its easyer that way

Darth Martin
Can he get pasted or freeze sues forcce feild. Reed's a goner.

Blair Wind
well....thing and Mr Fantastic are worthless here. Its between IW and HT. It all depends if IMs powers work behind IW shields. If it does a flash freeze takes her, HT could be taken out like this:

http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=makesrain5fe.jpg

Mr. Universe
impressive

Darth Martin
Iceman

Grimm22
Hmmm, unless Sue can take him out then IM takes it.

With Prep, FF 9/10

Without Prep, IM 9/10

He-guy88
Originally posted by Blair Wind
well....thing and Mr Fantastic are worthless here. Its between IW and HT. It all depends if IMs powers work behind IW shields. If it does a flash freeze takes her, HT could be taken out like this:

im not saying anything but weres the rest of that comic ( i say iceman for the win)

Soljer
Look at the Iceman Vs. Torch thread...assuming Torch has normal human tissues underneath his flame, then he, the Thing, and Reed are non-factors.

And invisible woman can't do the 'invisible bubble in the brain' attack against a pool of water. So, unless she can contain him with a forcefield somehow, or block his cryokinesis with a forcefield, she goes down hard. If she CAN, then Iceman takes out the Fantastic Three with expedience, and then assaults invisible woman's force field, till she is exhausted.

I'm seeing iceman win 9/10. And the 1/10 isn't a loss: it's a stalemate between him and Invisible Woman.

It seems that bobby simply cannot be harmed, so long as there is any water in the vicinity.

bitca730
Iceman...

TheKahn
Originally posted by Soljer
Look at the Iceman Vs. Torch thread...assuming Torch has normal human tissues underneath his flame, then he, the Thing, and Reed are non-factors.

And invisible woman can't do the 'invisible bubble in the brain' attack against a pool of water. So, unless she can contain him with a forcefield somehow, or block his cryokinesis with a forcefield, she goes down hard. If she CAN, then Iceman takes out the Fantastic Three with expedience, and then assaults invisible woman's force field, till she is exhausted.

I'm seeing iceman win 9/10. And the 1/10 isn't a loss: it's a stalemate between him and Invisible Woman.

It seems that bobby simply cannot be harmed, so long as there is any water in the vicinity.

Agreed. You seem to need a pretty specific set of powers in order to beat Iceman and none of these characters have them

Soljer
Or at least matter-rearrangement powers. It is for that reason that I think people like Surfer could take Iceman, while Superman wouldn't stand a chance.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22

With Prep, FF 9/10

Without Prep, IM 9/10

Agreed. Without prep, the FF go down hard.

JohnnyDo3
thats so stupid FIRE MELTS ICE and old blue eyed grim would smash iceman to icecubes

Grimm22
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
thats so stupid FIRE MELTS ICE and old blue eyed grim would smash iceman to icecubes

You know nothing about Iceman do you no expression

Blair Wind
You know nothing about Iceman do you no expression

but the fire man the fire!!! it BUrnazzz!!! MEltz Ice lick nuttin no expression

Mr.V
Originally posted by Blair Wind

That really shouldnt work, wouldnt the water evaporate before it hit him?

Soljer
About the water evaporating - well...Theoretically, yes.

The Human Torch could evaporate the rain drops as they fall, but the thing is...as soon as they turn to vapor, iceman could make them re-condensate into water again, or even make them sublimate straight into ice, so that Human torch has hail raining down on him in addition to water.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Mr.V

Depends on how hot Torch's base flame level is. When he starts off, hes about 750 degres or so. Icemans water would almost be at freezing level. I guess a sudden large amount like that would de-flame him.

Madvillain

With Prep, FF 9/10

Without Prep, IM 9/10

No prep involved.

icu311
This is a tough match... I don't think anyone on the team has the capabilities to put down Iceman, but I also don't see Iceman getting through Sue's shields.

h1a8
If Sue can contain him in water or vapor form (with the help of Johnny) then Reed can create a weapon to either take away or alter IM's powers, or Reed can just bfr him (send him to the negative zone or something).

FF wins.

The Illuminati
Invisible Woman encases Iceman in a force Field (which of course he has no chance to work through) and the Thing picks it up and hurls it into space.

FF wins.

Placidity
Scientifically, Fire would always beat Ice. But this isn't science, so lets not go there.

Iceman FTW.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Citizen V

True, but more then likely this was at a time when anybody with a bucket full of water could take out Johnny's flames.

In today's comics, a trick like that wouldn't work

Grinning Goku
Iceman

Blair Wind
Originally posted by HandOfFate
True, but more then likely this was at a time when anybody with a bucket full of water could take out Johnny's flames.

In today's comics, a trick like that wouldn't work

No, but this one would:
http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmen2020011ef3.jpg

wink

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
If Sue can contain him in water or vapor form (with the help of Johnny) then Reed can create a weapon to either take away or alter IM's powers, or Reed can just bfr him (send him to the negative zone or something).

FF wins.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Placidity
Scientifically, Fire would always beat Ice. But this isn't science, so lets not go there.

Iceman FTW.

Scientifically, the presence of extremely high temperatures would negate the coldest possible temperatures in a given area, yes.

However, as I've mentioned before Iceman's abilities are greater than Torch's, therefore Bobby has the ability to remove any and all heat that Torch would be able to create.

illadelph12
I'd take Iceman.

h1a8
FF wins due to bfr.

jrodslam
Bobby ftw.

If not that, he stalemates Sue, but i dont see it.

psycho gundam
sue just encases him in a forcefield...........um then thats game. no expression

carnage52
Originally posted by Soljer
while Superman wouldn't stand a chance. yeah yeah and rhino will beat juggernaut.

h1a8
Originally posted by jrodslam
Bobby ftw.

If not that, he stalemates Sue, but i dont see it.
Sue encases him then
FF can bfr him easily. Ever heard of the negative zone?

jrodslam
Sue encases him then
FF can bfr him easily. Ever heard of the negative zone?

If she encases him.
And how is this negative zone achieved?

illadelph12
I'm not so sure placing Iceman in the forcefield would help considering that Bobby has frozen energy on panel (vs. Stranger Iceman froze his eyebeams solid). He could probably freeze Sue's shield and shatter it, and it might not block him from using his powers outside of it anyway.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'm not so sure placing Iceman in the forcefield would help considering that Bobby has frozen energy on panel (vs. Stranger Iceman froze his eyebeams solid). He could probably freeze Sue's shield and shatter it, and it might not block him from using his powers outside of it anyway.

This is not aimed at you, so please don't take it that way but every time I read about Bobby freezing energy, I roll my eyes.

redhotrash
I kinda want to see Iceman go bloodlusted and see what he can really do. Probably the ONLY decent thing to come out of Operation: Zero Tolerance was Iceman establishing himself as more than just the goofball X-man when he trounced Bastion.

illadelph12
Originally posted by HandOfFate
This is not aimed at you, so please don't take it that way but every time I read about Bobby freezing energy, I roll my eyes.

Yeah, I hear you man. Thing is, Iceman can effect atomic motion (electrons) and control thermal energy (that's how his powers are stated to actually work), so stopping the motion of particles isn't completely far fetched, and it's actually happened on panel in a canon story. It's just one of those things.

h1a8
If she encases him.
And how is this negative zone achieved?

Reed has a device (or glove that opens a portal to the negative zone).

MightyEInherjar
I could see FF winning by BFR if Invisible Woman could somehow contain Iceman as water vapor inside a forcefield, then rocket him off. Perhaps she could make it so the forcefield allowed HT to turn the heat on inside the bubble, at least getting Iceman to pass out.

2damnloud
Yeah, I hear you man. Thing is, Iceman can effect atomic motion (electrons) and control thermal energy (that's how his powers are stated to actually work), so stopping the motion of particles isn't completely far fetched, and it's actually happened on panel in a canon story. It's just one of those things.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/tee2185/fail.gif

jrodslam
Reed has a device (or glove that opens a portal to the negative zone).

That would indicate hed have some type of prep, yes? There isnt any prep in this fight.

The Illuminati

Hmmmmm not so much.

h1a8
That would indicate hed have some type of prep, yes? There isnt any prep in this fight.

Not really. Planning before the bell is allowed. Reed usually have many devices in the FF4 plane. If not, then Sue holds IM off while reed goes to the Baxter building to get it.

DestinyGuy678
Not really. Planning before the bell is allowed. Reed usually have many devices in the FF4 plane. If not, then Sue holds IM off while reed goes to the Baxter building to get it. I'm pretty sure thats against the rules, in the scenario they arent in new yor kcity so he wouldn tbe able to get anything from the baxter building

Madvillain
Yes it is very much against the rules. They can only use their own powers in the battle. No weapons. No prep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.