X-men Pilot: pryde of the X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FG725
sorry if this is done before didnt see it if it was.....
it's an old X-men pilot but was never made a TV show and it's kinda funny to they over did Wolverine's canadian accent just a bit.
enjoy......
aprox. 21 min
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eg0-2TDSaTQ&search=pryde%20of%20the%20X-men

marvelprince
Wow. All things considered I enjoyed that. Loved the Stan Lee narration. Too bad tthey never made more

King_Mungi
You know what, I remembered I rented this on VHS way back when.

badabing
I was watching an old Spider-man and his Amazing friends cartoon that has the X-Men and Wolverine had and Australian accent.

smiley8
The animation looks the same as the animated series they did make! Love stan lee's narration!

grey fox
The intro was pretty funny , although some of the voice acting was sub-par. One thing I did notice though was some of the shot's were almost anime-like in their detail.

grey fox
Ok , I just watched it all the way through.....

Grappling beams..... WTF

Kitty's spacesuit/blackbird phase : What the hell ! she should have phased straight out of the suit and into the cold blackness of space.

Magneto's 'plan' : Smart idea dumb ass , kill every single being on planet Earth. Just because you can control the movement of a comet doesn't mean you can 'pick and choose' who lives and dies form the resulting impact.

Cyclops blasts : His helmet should have exploded.

Wolverine's accent : Dingo WTF !!!!!

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
Wolverine's accent : Dingo WTF !!!!!

laughing

But how cool was the danger-room? It was like a cross between X-men and Indiana Jones big grin

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

But how cool was the danger-room? It was like a cross between X-men and Indiana Jones big grin

True..

HellMaster93
I'll watch later... I heard of this a while back... from what I hear, not good...

Jimmy Buggs
the theme music is horrable! it reminds of thunder cats

FG725
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
the theme music is horrable! it reminds of thunder cats
it's the greatest theme ever!!!!!!!! lol no but it's worth watching just for wolvies accent

Swanky-Tuna
Wow. The only thing that video was missing was a neon pink blazer with shoulder pads. Now for my remarks.

Aside from Cyclops blowing his helmet out:

Was Xavier supposed to be paralyzed in this or was he just lazy? He clearly lifts his leg when he sits up on the table.

Wolverine's accent is indeed funny, especially the tongue rolling R's/growl; "R-R-R-R-R KIDS!"

But Blob clearly has the best lines. He speaks so methodically that you'd think he concentrated to his fullest to pronounce each syllable.

grey fox
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Wow. The only thing that video was missing was a neon pink blazer with shoulder pads. Now for my remarks.

Aside from Cyclops blowing his helmet out:

Was Xavier supposed to be paralyzed in this or was he just lazy? He clearly lifts his leg when he sits up on the table.

Wolverine's accent is indeed funny, especially the tongue rolling R's/growl; "R-R-R-R-R KIDS!"

But Blob clearly has the best lines. He speaks so methodically that you'd think he concentrated to his fullest to pronounce each syllable.

DAMMIT !!

I knew i was missing something while picking it apart....

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5848/proffesorlazy8fk.th.jpg

Darth Vicious
For being released in the 80's is pretty good. Ther cartoon looks pretty good for that time. They shouldve made more.

Grimm22
Damn it's not working for me sad

Swanky-Tuna
Oh yes, it was also awesome how Magneto kept backhanding and kicking Lockheed around without even awknowledging him (after the first time) and the only reason he bit Magneto on the ankle is because he wasn't backhanded hard enough.

masterkit
Enjoyble Cartoon.(slightly amusing.{heh}) but for wut u saw of storm(costume) i liked and Dazzler too.

Darth Vicious
Im sure if we had seen the episode when it came out we would have more appreciation for it. I think it was pretty good at the time it came out. Now must of us expect much more but back then it was simpler times.

The Pict
it doesn't work now, its been removed from youtube, so i haven't seen it sad

masterkit
how can they violate the video?

pr1983
I remember seeing this years ago, i loved it... i hoep this is still uploaded when i get a chance to dl it...

if its not, please reupload it for a week...

FG725
this one got deleted you'll have to go to Youtube and find another one

Kazenji
Heres another one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T0tdsZrQCus

Just found out about this now, Looks good shame they did'nt make more of it and looks better compared to alot of todays crap.

llagrok
I remember watching it.

Xavier read Magneto's mind straight through the helmet.

Doctor-Alvis
Da X-Men down't have room for whoiny brats!

psycho gundam
kinda dumb that logan's voice was aussie, wolverines are only in north america and northern russia.

llagrok
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Da X-Men down't have room for whoiny brats!

HAHAHA! IS GOOD!

Disappear
stan lee pronounces "human" as . it's wonderful

What If...
Ahhh, I used to love that pilot..I still have the VHS sitting in my closet.

Ever wonder where the inspiration for that 6-player X-men arcade game came from?

... it confuses me how people actually take the time to search out animation mistakes made in an 80's cartoon...

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by psycho gundam
kinda dumb that logan's voice was aussie, wolverines are only in north america and northern russia.
I think at the time Logan might of been from Australia. RRRRRR! Git wit it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.