Curing Homosexuality...with a tennis racket and hugs from men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
just copy and paste this link to your browser (clicking the link doesnt seem to work).

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/PZ-cohen.mov

PVS
"Richard Cohen, now married with three kids, is a leader in the so-called reparative therapy movement. With just more than 1,000 members it is not a particularly big movement, but because it's so controversial and despised within the gay community it tends to get a lot of attention.

...FEYERICK (voice-over): Cohen, who had several boyfriends, spent years in various kinds of therapy searching for answers. It wasn't until he remembered being sexually abused by a man when he was a child that what he calls his convergence process began,

COHEN: I knew it wasn't for me. I knew it in my gut I wasn't born this way.

FEYERICK: Cohen is an unlicensed therapist. He offers the theory that some kind of childhood trauma triggers homosexuality. All it takes is figuring out what it is, healing from it and moving on. One of his clients is a 42 year old program analyst who we'll call Rob. Because it is such a sensitive subject, he asked us to shield his identity.

He began seeing Cohen three years ago after years of struggling with unwanted homosexual feelings.

"ROB", CONVERSION THERAPY CLIENT: I had a mother that basically committed emotional incest with me because they had a very bad marriage. She used me as her husband, a stand-in.

FEYERICK: Cohen explains Rob's same-sex attraction is typical of the men he treats. Cold, distant dad, overbearing mom and overly sensitive kid. He showed us some of his unconventional techniques like touch therapy, in which he encouraging Rob to seek out same-sex mentors to basically re-create a healthy father-son bond.

He sits upright on a sofa, his client sprawls lengthwise for a close chest-to-chest embrace. The reporter does a sanity-check, asking the client if he feels aroused. Nope, just safe.

Cohen, saying that another key technique is designed to release memories embedded deeply in one's muscles, raises a tennis racquet above his head and bashes a pillow once for each word he screams at his mother."

http://www.pamspaulding.com/weblog/2006/05/inside-ex-gay-therapy.html

debbiejo
laughing out loud

This isn't a serious discussion is it????......Cause if it is, then I feel really bad for laughing....

PVS
watch the video. its taken directly from cnn.
now, this group has a following of under 1000.
so then the question: wtf is this doing on cnn???

KidRock
homosexuality is a problem.

I have a problem solver and its name is revolver.

PVS
Originally posted by KidRock

you call your's 'revolver'? i call mine 'captain winkey'.

Lord Urizen

Ignorance is a larger problem.

Blindness is another.

And Hatred is the largest problem of all.

I won't even bother asking you why you think homosexuality is a problem, you'd most likely give me some idiotic answer like most of you homophobes do.

PVS
anyway, although the topic of 'curing homosexuality' frightens me...i cracked up when the guy was wacking a pillow with his tennis racket and blaming his 'problem' on mommy.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by PVS
just copy and paste this link to your browser (clicking the link doesnt seem to work).

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/PZ-cohen.mov

aahahaha laughing

What a headcase. I think he's beyond any kind of help at this point.

Capt_Fantastic
I believe this guy was on Penn and Tellers Bullsh*t. They totally smashed his claims.

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I believe this guy was on Penn and Tellers Bullsh*t. They totally smashed his claims.

have you tried it though? maybe if you abuse a pillow with a tennis racket and yell at your mom, you'll suddenly be heterosexual.

but...what if i beat a tennis racket with a pillow and yell at my dad? will i turn gay?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
have you tried it though? maybe if you abuse a pillow with a tennis racket and yell at your mom, you'll suddenly be heterosexual.

but...what if i beat a tennis racket with a pillow and yell at my dad? will i turn gay?

If you wanna be gay, try hugging your tennis racket

I'll try this when I get home. I don't have my tennis racket here, I left it in NC, but I have a frying pan. Do you think that would work?

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
If you wanna be gay, try hugging your tennis racket

I'll try this when I get home. I don't have my tennis racket here, I left it in NC, but I have a frying pan. Do you think that would work?

i dont know...but if it does work, let me know. then we can go out cruisin for chicks.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
i dont know, but if it does let me know. then we can go out cruisin for chicks.

It's a date, er...or a ...hummm? a what ever those are called.

The Omega
laughing

Oh, humour...

Leo.M
I doubt that man's straight. laughing I bet he's having an affair with some guy.

sithsaber408
whistle

Mangina
Originally posted by PVS
"Richard Cohen, now married with three kids, is a leader in the so-called reparative therapy movement. With just more than 1,000 members it is not a particularly big movement, but because it's so controversial and despised within the gay community it tends to get a lot of attention.

...FEYERICK (voice-over): Cohen, who had several boyfriends, spent years in various kinds of therapy searching for answers. It wasn't until he remembered being sexually abused by a man when he was a child that what he calls his convergence process began,

COHEN: I knew it wasn't for me. I knew it in my gut I wasn't born this way.

FEYERICK: Cohen is an unlicensed therapist. He offers the theory that some kind of childhood trauma triggers homosexuality. All it takes is figuring out what it is, healing from it and moving on. One of his clients is a 42 year old program analyst who we'll call Rob. Because it is such a sensitive subject, he asked us to shield his identity.

He began seeing Cohen three years ago after years of struggling with unwanted homosexual feelings.

"ROB", CONVERSION THERAPY CLIENT: I had a mother that basically committed emotional incest with me because they had a very bad marriage. She used me as her husband, a stand-in.

FEYERICK: Cohen explains Rob's same-sex attraction is typical of the men he treats. Cold, distant dad, overbearing mom and overly sensitive kid. He showed us some of his unconventional techniques like touch therapy, in which he encouraging Rob to seek out same-sex mentors to basically re-create a healthy father-son bond.

He sits upright on a sofa, his client sprawls lengthwise for a close chest-to-chest embrace. The reporter does a sanity-check, asking the client if he feels aroused. Nope, just safe.

Cohen, saying that another key technique is designed to release memories embedded deeply in one's muscles, raises a tennis racquet above his head and bashes a pillow once for each word he screams at his mother."

laughing

PVS
Originally posted by sithsaber408
whistle

so you tried it? how did it go?

PVS
Originally posted by Mangina
laughing

get lost whob *reported/groupthinked/etc*

Morgoths_Wrath
embarrasment

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Leo.M
I doubt that man's straight. laughing I bet he's having an affair with some guy.

Of course not. Notice the way he's gently stroking the back of the other guys shoulder...he so wants to fu*k him....and likely has.

jaden101
thats one of the funniest sentences i think ive ever read

its what analyze this would be like if it were about an accountant instead of a mob boss

grey fox
Originally posted by jaden101
thats one of the funniest sentences i think ive ever read

its what analyze this would be like if it were about an accountant instead of a mob boss

I'd have to agree...

Darth Jello

grease up the railroad tracks everyone...

OH!!! and apparantly this cohen guy is a moonie too!!! that's a two-for-one right there!!!

Darth Jello
Oh, and i just remembered something about tennis rackets...
AWEFUL WAFFLE!!!

Gay Guy
Originally posted by PVS

People are so stupid.

Bardock42
You have the ability to create Irony on an unbelievable level, whob, I have to admit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.