Phoenix: Endsong sequel announced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Greg Pak is following up X-Men: Phoenix -- Endsong with another mini-series, X-Men: Phoenix -- Warsong, it was announced Friday at Marvel's X-Men panel at Wizard World Philadelphia.

The five-issue mini-series will launch in September and feature art by Top Cow's Tyler Kirkham.

Pak said the story "is not going to be another Jean Grey resurrection."

"It's too early for her to come back in terms of her character and the Phoenix force," Pak said.

"What was going on in the last page of Phoenix -- Endsong, you're going to find out."

Pak said fans of the Grant Morrison X-Men run should enjoy the mini-series.

"We're going to get into soeme pretty dark corners," Pak said.

The story will involve the Stepford Cuckoos from Morrison's run as a tiny fragment of the Phoenix approaches the group.

grey fox
Ahh great , now were going to have GS parading around slamming every character when Marvel finally admits that they love Phoenix too much....

BlaqChaos
Originally posted by grey fox
Ahh great , now were going to have GS parading around slamming every character when Marvel finally admits that they love Phoenix too much.... Amen!

ExodusCloak
Finally!! Go Emma!!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/711/711055p1.html

grey fox
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Finally!! Go Emma!!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/711/711055p1.html

OH. MY. GOD.

This Phoenix story ISN'T revolving around Jean or one of her horrible clan/ilk.

This might actually be interesting cool

Lucid Lui
Emma has some serious Jean Grey envy doesn't she? First Scott, now Pheonix. I bet the whole part where Emma manifests pheonix is just a dream. Sounds more like the Cuckoo's will be getting all fire-birdy.

ExodusCloak
I'm thinking whatever part of the Phoenix Emma possessed in Phoenix Endsong, still resides in her. So she basically lied through her teethwhen she said she was a "mere shell not a host".
It'll probably end up being a battle of the fragments. Emma vs Stepford Cuckoos. Hopefully Jean won't show up...

Phoenix_Avatar9
sooo excited! sooo excited!

DigiMark007
Blah. Hopefully they retcon the retcon. Then retcon all of it out of existence. Along with all the mutants. Yeah. That would rock.

no expression

newjak86
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Blah. Hopefully they retcon the retcon. Then retcon all of it out of existence. Along with all the mutants. Yeah. That would rock.

no expression That would be great or at least depower all of them all alot

Templares
Not knocking Kirkham here but no Greg Land? Why

Validus
Originally posted by Templares
Not knocking Kirkham here but no Greg Land? Why
My exact reaction. Greg Land totally made Endsong.

HellMaster93
OK... fun fun fun...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DigiMark007

no expression

Not gonna happen. Greg Pak said fans of Grant Morrissons interpretation will enjoy this. Plus it was Greg Pak who supported said interpretation with his own Endsong, which this new mini is just a continuation of. big grin

Phoenix_Avatar9
hey, GS is back, there was some guy on imdb that used one of ur Phoenix essays, i was happy to say the least

HellMaster93
Was end song any good? I've heard mixed reactions... and can anyone tell me if it will be reprinted in Esswential X-Men (UK CE) and how far down the line from Morrison's run it is?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Phoenix_Avatar9
hey, GS is back, there was some guy on imdb that used one of ur Phoenix essays, i was happy to say the least

Hey wassup!! Im away working at the moment and dont have a pc to post from outside of work , but i'll be back soon! wink

imdb? Could you post the link please?

steverules
They won't kill Cykes, he's too popular.

Phoenix_Avatar9
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Hey wassup!! Im away working at the moment and dont have a pc to post from outside of work , but i'll be back soon! wink

imdb? Could you post the link please?

here he is...THE GUY

Draco69
Emma Frost: The bloody cow and her pet flaming canary is back already?! It hasn't even been a full year yet!

Cyclops: That's my ex-wife. She always comes back. That's what makes her special

Emma Frost: Well I know ONE way to finally get rid of the b*tch once and for all...Isn't that right Wanda, darling?

Scarlet Witch: NO...MORE....PHOENIX!

Phoenix_Avatar9
hehehe...funny

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Draco69
Emma Frost: The bloody cow and her pet flaming canary is back already?! It hasn't even been a full year yet!

Cyclops: That's my ex-wife. She always comes back. That's what makes her special

Emma Frost: Well I know ONE way to finally get rid of the b*tch once and for all...Isn't that right Wanda, darling?

Scarlet Witch: NO...MORE....PHOENIX!

The b*tch couldnt pull something off on that scale. Plus she only manipulates a creation of Phoenixes. Who do you think will have the greater control? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.