Spider shoes!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ritoshi
How can Spidey stick to wallas with his feet while having difefrent shoes on ? (when he sticks as peter parker) and in the movie no expression

Jimmy Buggs
magic

DPFW16
Actually, I don't think there is any scene in any of the two movies that show him wall-crawling with his normal (Peter Parker) shoes on.
In the first movie in the scene right after he gets his powers and is climbing up the wall for the first time, it seems as if it's only his HANDS that are doing the sticking and he just puts his feet into the crevices (sp?) between the bricks (he's strong enough to pull his whole body up with just his hands, so even that was unnecessary).
If you're talking about how he does it in costume, then I think there's the assumption that the material is thin enough (or has openings for those hair-like things in the movie) to allow him to stick to whatever he is sticking to.
It's been a while since I've watched the 2 movies ( embarrasment ), but I can't recall any time other than perhaps that scene in the first movie! If you can list another one, I might have an explanation if I see the scene again. Otherwise, I hope this explains it!

TheOnes2
Super Glue

Mr Parker
well in the comics,the way I remember it was that after he got bit by the radioactive spider,the bite made him have magnetic electricity through his body or something like that,thats why he can easily cling to the worst kind of surfaces there are through his gloves and spidey boots he wears because the electro magnectic electricity his body generates is that strong enough to be able to do so.The movie doesnt make sense because with their explanation though because since he longer has that gift,it doesnt make any sense how he can cling to walls through his boots. confused

chucktaylor
Parker takes off his shoes in the comics whn he wallcrawls in his civvies. wink

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Parker takes off his shoes in the comics whn he wallcrawls in his civvies. wink Yeah like in USM with that very sad excuse for a costume...oy...

But besides that there have been some occasions where he has wall crawled with his sneakers on.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Parker takes off his shoes in the comics whn he wallcrawls in his civvies. wink

yeah when he crawls in his Civvies he does,but the thing that doesnt make sense to me in the movies though is when he has his costume on how does he cling to the walls through his gloves and boots now since he doesnt have that static electricy emitting from his body that he got from the radioactive spider anymore.

chucktaylor
Exactly. Oh well...

Dan-El
Your more worried about HOW a man climbs up walls in a red and blue suit than the fact that a man is ACTUALLY climbing up walls in a red and blue suit?

lol, jk jk stick out tongue big grin

Jimmy Buggs
a spider man

doctorstrongbad
Spider-man is just that good. Don't be a hater. hehe j/k

Scarlet_Spidey
The answer is sticky walls, my friend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.