Sundipped Superman vs. Green Lantern Corp (well some of them)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cheap cabbage
Sundipped Superman is badass. He tosses planets. He looks like he ate the human torch. He's always pissed off. Can Kilowog, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Hal Jordan take him down? (Rayner is not Ion)

Note: by definition, sundipped superman is bloodlusted since he won't go for a sundip otherwise.

batdude123
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Sundipped Superman is badass. He tosses planets. He looks like he ate the human torch. He's always pissed off. Can Kilowog, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and Hal Jordan take him down? (Rayner is not Ion)

Note: by definition, sundipped superman is bloodlusted since he won't go for a sundip otherwise.

Now by sundipped Superman, do you mean Superman Prime?

grey fox
Sundipped get's a four way blast of Artificial K-nite and goes down like a two dollar whore....

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by batdude123

No, the superman in the "Our worlds at war" series. He spent a few minutes in the sun and came out a raging homicial lunatic. After he got control of his ridiculous amounts of power he proceeded to obliterate everything braniac 13 could throw at him and push warworld with lightspeed engines (powered by imperix) going against him thru a boom tube and into the big bang.

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
Sundipped get's a four way blast of Artificial K-nite and goes down like a two dollar whore....

Superman Prime is immune to kryptonite, isn't he? confused

batdude123
No, the superman in the "Our worlds at war" series. He spent a few minutes in the sun and came out a raging homicial lunatic. After he got control of his ridiculous amounts of power he proceeded to obliterate everything braniac 13 could throw at him and push warworld with lightspeed engines (powered by imperix) going against him thru a boom tube and into the big bang.

eek!

Mr. Universe
It could go either way, but the GL's have the edge.

grey fox

Sundipped does not = Prime , also no Prime isn't immune to K-nite the evil sun thing sent a chunk of it to the 'Super sun ' knowing it would kill him.

Skeets
no he means Sundipped Superman.....doh........

And It depends how long he's been sundipping for or if this is that "sundipped superman" then I see him getting a few wins not the majority though.

cheap cabbage

Yes superman prime is. But superman prime is god-like and would probably whoop the shit out of the spectre. We'll never know. Superman's immunity to K-nite after a sundip is unknown.

Skeets
Yes superman prime is. But superman prime is god-like and would probably whoop the shit out of the spectre. We'll never know. Superman's immunity to K-nite after a sundip is unknown.
Superman beating Spectre slow down there no superman could beat Spectre Period.

grey fox

Sundipped does not = Prime , also no Prime isn't immune to K-nite the evil sun thing sent a chunk of it to the 'Super sun ' knowing it would kill him.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Skeets
Superman beating Spectre slow down there no superman could beat Spectre Period.

He might. DC never really said much about what prime could do. But they left him as god-like in power. We do know he's much more powerful than superman-one million. One million was moving galaxies with his mind and punching thru time while weakened. It is concievalbe that prime could take spectre. But like I said, we will never know. DC doesn't see fit to grace us with that info. At any rate, this thread isn't about prime. It's about OWAW superman and some of the GLC's best.

cheap cabbage

It wouldn't have worked even if they sent the Knights fragment instead of a GL ring. The JLA 1 million series states that he isn't even baseline kryptonian anymore. He's changed into "something else" Whatever that means. But we know K-nite doesn't work on him.

batdude123
I GET IT PEOPLE, DAMN!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP ON TELLING ME THAT IT'S NOT SUPERMAN PRIME, I F*CKIN GET IT!!!!!!!!! mad

badabing
Batdude, it's not Superman Prime.

Mr. Universe
It isnt superman prime you idiot.

badabing
laughing

batdude123
mad stick out tongue

Validus
The Corps sundip Clark in an artificial red sun ala Kyle Rayner in Circle of Fire.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Validus
The Corps sundip Clark in an artificial red sun ala Kyle Rayner in Circle of Fire.

There isn't much information on sundiped superman's speed, but I will assume it's even faster than regular supes. Gl's get speedblitzed all the time, I see no reason that a faster, stronger superman couldnt punch kyle rayner's head off before he thinks that up. The ring's auto-protect feature isn't going to stand up to an amped up superman's fist.

Validus
There isn't much information on sundiped superman's speed, but I will assume it's even faster than regular supes. Gl's get speedblitzed all the time, I see no reason that a faster, stronger superman couldnt punch kyle rayner's head off before he thinks that up. The ring's auto-protect feature isn't going to stand up to an amped up superman's fist.
Kyle's Oblivion avatar did that while under attack from the JLA. Don't see why 4 of the best GL's in the universe can't do the same.

If the auto protect can stand up to the Anti Life entity, Superman's fist isn't going to do anything.

batdude123
Kyle's Oblivion avatar did that while under attack from the JLA. Don't see why 4 of the best GL's in the universe can't do the same.

If the auto protect can stand up to the Anti Life entity, Superman's fist isn't going to do anything.

You're putting John Stewart on the level of the best GLs in the universe? What the f**k? laughing

cheap cabbage

Any comic involving the JLA is going to focus one character and make everyone else seem powerless to do anything. The auto-protect feature is vastly inconsistant. Kyle's been blindsided many a time by lesser beings than an anti-life entity. Superman's fist on (i hate to phrase it like this) "normal kyle" would demolish his shield. Besides, if the auto-protect feature was that strong, then half the GL comics would be completely invalid. Nobody should be able to take down a GL, but they have. Hal is the best there is and he got his ass beaten down by mogul. If mongul's fists can thrash the "auto-protect", Superman demolishes it.

cheap cabbage
You're putting John Stewart on the level of the best GLs in the universe? What the f**k? laughing

He's no Hal Jordan, but he's not that bad. In GL Rebirth, he incapacitated superman by using pinpoint constructs to attack his eyes. Not many regular line GLs can incapacitate superman. Granted, if John had stayed around, superman would've gotten up and beat his pansy ass into the ground.

Validus
Hal trashed Mongul even with a broken arm in hand to hand combat. That's not exactly solid evidence of any owning Superman is going to dish out.

Basically you want to use a suped up Kryptonian against GL's at normal or by the way you make it seem, lower showings. Top showings have Hal matching Barry Allen in reflex speed and Wally getting crushed under Kyle's boot.

batdude123
He's no Hal Jordan, but he's not that bad. In GL Rebirth, he incapacitated superman by using pinpoint constructs to attack his eyes. Not many regular line GLs can incapacitate superman. Granted, if John had stayed around, superman would've gotten up and beat his pansy ass into the ground.

Yeah, but Superman has made John his b*tch more times than I can count. laughing

Validus
He has a name which automatically puts him over the 7100 who don't. Get with the program. For all the crap Stewart takes on this forum, none of you could name a dozen GL's better than him.

cheap cabbage
Hal trashed Mongul even with a broken arm in hand to hand combat. That's not exactly solid evidence of any owning Superman is going to dish out.

Basically you want to use a suped up Kryptonian against GL's at normal or by the way you make it seem, lower showings. Top showings have Hal matching Barry Allen in reflex speed and Wally getting crushed under Kyle's boot.

But the argument here is for speed. The fact that Hal has a broken arm means that the ring didn't protect him. Sundipped Superman has more than enough speed to tear through the auto-shield before any of the GLs can react with something more creative. Secondly, the very nature of a GL makes them nigh unbeatable. They can do anything they want.... A GL can simply will himself to be faster than the flash and stronger than superman? That's a built in ultimate PIS. I can't argue against that, nobody can. This is only meaningful if Superman fights 4 GLs (again, i hate to say this) that are normally written. Rebirth shows us that using the ring actually hurts. Their main weakness is conciously having to put all the willpower into a fight. For superman it is natural, and he outlasts a GL any day.

Validus
This is only meaningful if Superman fights 4 GLs (again, i hate to say this) that are normally written.
You said it, not me. cool

Then you just have to decide whats a "fair" showing for a GL. If all they're going to do is put up constructs then obviously Superman is going to curbstomp them.

Templares
When was the last time Sundipped Superman **tossed** planets, post-COIE???

Sundipped Superman goes down. He's not speed-blitzing FOUR GL's.

Skeets
Well if Wonderman owned Kyle who's arguebly the best GL today imagine what A sundipped Supes would do.......

Yea I went there....jockey

superkronick92
superman owns easily, come on a weakened doomsdaykilled a guardian

p.s. read Red Son ................thats what superman would do to the gl's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.