an out of the blue question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vraya
In the KOTOR games, everyone was named Darth *insert name here* but in the movies everyone had a name based on what they are or at least their darth names weren't there real names. Why is that?

General Zink
Like...how Darth Nihilus has to do with 'nothing' because he's a hole in the Force and how Darth Traya was betrayed and how Darth Malak was malicious and so on?

Everyone with the name Darth is like that, actually.

Captain REX
Darth Sidious...Insidious...Darth Vader...Father...Darth Maul...maul...Darth Tyranus...tyrant.

Vraya
No, what I mean is like, Darth Revan's name was actually Revan and Darth Malak's name was actually Malak. I wasn't really referring to Kotor 2 so I should have just said Kotor 1

Razielim
Not true. Darth Traya was both Atris and Kreia.

Sesse
Negative. She was both Darth Traya abd Kreia. This.

Captain REX
Doesn't have to do with anything, Raziel. no expression

I have no idea, Vraya. That's just how it happened.

Vraya
ok, I thought it was in something that I hadn't read/seen.

Captain REX
If it helps, Darth Revan can evoke 'revenge' while Darth Malak can evoke 'malicious' or something.

Razielim
O_o

I must have read his question wrong.

I thought he was questioning whether Sith keep their old Jedi names when they're knighted. Malak and Revan did, while Anakin and Dooku did not.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Captain REX
If it helps, Darth Revan can evoke 'revenge' while Darth Malak can evoke 'malicious' or something. It also evokes revenant, which in Latin IIRC, means: To be born again.

overlord
Originally posted by Captain REX
Darth Sidious...Insidious...Darth Vader...Father...Darth Maul...maul...Darth Tyranus...tyrant. It's not father.. The name was used in the first ANH drafts and it was just a name of a mere general or something. They made up that it could be cool if Vader was Luke's father long after ANH was released.
If Vader is made up from something and not just sounding cool, then it is from invader.
sad

Tangible God
Vader is Dutch for Father right? I doubt there's a Holland System in the SW galaxy.

But KOTOR Darth's, like Revan, Malak and Bandon were not pseudonyms like KOTOR II's Nihilus, Sion and Traya, or the movies' Sidious, Vader or Maul.

However, by Earth definitions, Revan can refer to revanchism, and Malak can refer to malicious. Bandon is just Brandon without the R.

Lightsnake
Bandon=Abandon

Captain REX
Originally posted by overlord
It's not father.. The name was used in the first ANH drafts and it was just a name of a mere general or something. They made up that it could be cool if Vader was Luke's father long after ANH was released.
If Vader is made up from something and not just sounding cool, then it is from invader.
sad

Originally Lucas made it up, yes, but in retrospect it can be seen as Father. no expression

overlord
Yes, but it is silly. And yes, Tangible God, unfortunately vader means father in Dutch.. Let's put invader in retrospect or something! Originally that suit was meant for space travel also!

Sesse
or Fader or invader or Xvader or ...

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by overlord
It's not father.. The name was used in the first ANH drafts and it was just a name of a mere general or something. They made up that it could be cool if Vader was Luke's father long after ANH was released.
sad
wrong George knew, he was the only one who knew, but he still knew.

overlord
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
wrong George knew, he was the only one who knew, but he still knew. You're a fool, in the first drafts Vader wasn't a sith knight, it was just another cool name he had made up. here go read it, it's just weird that Lucas calls him Darth and not have him a sith. Well, it doesn't matter because the character dies with the death star. So why would Lucas have the name Vader from father, huh?
Trust me by the way when I say that they made it up when ESB came to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.