who could stop the ENDLESS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
ok the endless are a group of some of the powerfulist characters in dc

there is

destiny
death
dream
destruction
desire
despair
disloution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Endless_(comics)

they powerfuller than you can imagine stronger than SPECTRE (i think)

DigiMark007
Meh, I honestly don't really think that's the issue with the Endless. Anyone who's read Gaiman's stuff on them know it's less about power levels than it is about character, story, myth, and allegory.

We probably don't know...that's the safe answer. That dude in hell seemed to think he could destroy Dream some day, so I doubt they're above everything in DC.

But really, they're just living embodiments of their respective feelings. So how do you kill the abstract concept that is Destiny? Or Dream? or any of the others? It defies normal battle conventions and really makes it impossible to accurately debate.

And it's Delirium, not dissolution. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanos_6383
Any Feats for Endless?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
Any Feats for Endless?

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I honestly don't really think that's the issue with the Endless. Anyone who's read Gaiman's stuff on them know it's less about power levels than it is about character, story, myth, and allegory.

thumb up

Yeah, there are feats...but they're kinda not important. Beings that amorphous and powerful don't really need to flaunt their power. How do you quantify someone's ability to create dreams or the power of absolute despair?

I mean, for example, Dream has created entire worlds and altered the course of peoples' lives. But they're dreams. So what does that mean in terms of power? I don't know.

cheap cabbage
You can't stop the endless. They are pivotal parts of the universe. Short of God decreeing that they are no longer neccessary, they are for lack of a better term, endless.

Psyquis52
thumb up

Yeah, there are feats...but they're kinda not important. Beings that amorphous and powerful don't really need to flaunt their power. How do you quantify someone's ability to create dreams or the power of absolute despair?

I mean, for example, Dream has created entire worlds and altered the course of peoples' lives. But they're dreams. So what does that mean in terms of power? I don't know.

Likewise Delirium has been known to passingly say to someone that they have tiny insects all over them and that person was insane for the rest of their life.

Mider
dream could make dreams come true as in when he wanted to make a living nightmare he created the corinthian who had no eyes but a row of teeth where his eyes should be this guy went into the real world when dream was trapped by that sorceror, later on when dream found out the corinthian was a failure he uncreated him, he could also send people to hell or give them endless nightmares, death could give people immortality or kill anyone she wanted, even gods

Mr Master
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
Any Feats for Endless?

I'm going to post scans of a whole bunch of feats a bit later, who ever said the Endless have no feats never read Sandman in it's entirety, crossovers and extras, there are awesome displays of power on a scale that can really not be defined.

One quick example:

During a council meeting of the cosmics, a servant of Dream created a palacious compound with gardens and everything the size of a solar system in one day, mind you this was just some servant and he made it so that it would be able to house and the personification/embodiment of star systems, abstracts, universes(pocket or otherwise), as a matter of fact, at one point the m-body of an entire dimension was upset, because he couldn't even be perceived by the others, thats how grand they were.

Mr Master

Dream can alter reality on either scale, meaning his power is not bound to dreams only, although thats where his power flows from, the realm of dreams.
And this realm emcompasses the dreams of every being(mortal to cosmic)across the multiverse.

Dream can affect even the mightiest cosmics through their dreams, even cosmics have to dream, hence all are susceptible to Dream.

Likewise Dream is the most powerful of the endless, for even Destiny(who can see all alternate pasts, presents and futures)cannot predict his own dreams.

And Death would outlast Dream if entropy washed over all reality but even Death would succcumb to this end, since Death cannot be without life.

Mider
i know about sandman and the endless not there feats though, what crossovers do the endless appear in? only crossovers i know are death in lucifer and lobo's back what other places do the endless crossover?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.