Superman with GL ring vs. Hal Jordan + Kyle Rayner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cheap cabbage
So for the second time today, Superman is pissed at the GL corp. Superman does indeed have the willpower to use a GL ring. See Below. So can super-lantern? defeat the two greatest GLs of all time?

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c17_supesguy1e.jpg

Validus
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
So for the second time today, Superman is pissed at the GL corp. Superman does indeed have the willpower to use a GL ring. See Below. So can super-lantern? defeat the two greatest GLs of all time?

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c17_supesguy1e.jpg
Showings like that are why I can't understand why John Stewart is so disrespected here. Guy was easily a bigger loser in the 90s and everyone loves him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, Superman wins.

Darth Martin
Supes he'd have the power ring plus all of the million other powers he has. Awswome. What if all of the core/main JLA members had a power ring? UNSTOPPABLE. Imagine Wally or Batman with the power ring.

UniOmni
Wait. So Superman can beat the top two Gl's at their own game??

Darth Martin
I'd want him too.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Wait. So Superman can beat the top two Gl's at their own game??
I think it's logical.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Validus
Showings like that are why I can't understand why John Stewart is so disrespected here. Guy was easily a bigger loser in the 90s and everyone loves him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, Superman wins.

We both no why John Stewart gets no love, and it has nothing to do with his ability. The brotha ascended to a Guardian level of power for a time.

But anyway, my money would be on Supes. A speed of thought based weapon combined with someone who thinks, reacts and moves at lightspeed is just too much. He could pull off 1,000s of ring based attacks in secounds.

UniOmni
Can you explain why Vally?? As the resident GL go to guy. Hal vs Superman is always debateable.....Superman can suddenly solo the two top elite GL??

Read what illadelph said..That does seem logical. But can't GL will themselves to think faster?? Have they done it before?

Skeets
Goddamn S Shield....disgust

Soleran
Can you explain why Vally?? As the resident GL go to guy. Hal vs Superman is always debateable.....Superman can suddenly solo the two top elite GL??

Read what illadelph said..That does seem logical. But can't GL will themselves to think faster?? Have they done it before?

Because Superman has superspeed! Now give Hal and Kyle kryptonian abilities and the GL rings and call it a matchsmile Thats much fairer.

Validus
A Daxamite with a power ring named Sodom Yat was called the ultimate Green Lantern. The ring can take a normal human and give them top tier strength, speed, and durability. In the hands of a person who is already top tier it's insane to imagine the boost he would get. Also the ring will protect him from any weakness exploitation such as red sunlight or k-nite which is what both Hal and Kyle have used to defeat him in the past. Superman wouldn't be as good with the ring as they are so I can still see them winning some but I do think Clark gets a clear majority (7/10).

UniOmni
Who has the greatest will of the three?? Can't if one of the humans have it, they simply will the ring onto their finger, thus rendering him normal, and beating him together in a curbstomp?? Or is Superman(and girl) alone allowed to steal rings??

Darth Martin

Hal vs Superman is debateble, but Hal vs Superman w/power ring is a different story.

Validus
Yeah, I don't buy the whole stealing rings bit. All of them have controlled their rings from distances of up to hundreds of lightyears even when they were in the possesion of others.

batdude123
Who has the greatest will of the three?? Can't if one of the humans have it, they simply will the ring onto their finger, thus rendering him normal, and beating him together in a curbstomp?? Or is Superman(and girl) alone allowed to steal rings??

Superman has been said to have the greatest willpower in the universe. erm

jrodslam
I say Hal and Kyle take it. I do think they would be more creative with the rings abilities.

Secondly, its debated if Supermans willpower is greater than Hals. When Hal was close to dying, there were candidates to reaplce him and the term used were "lesser wills.". Among those candidates were Superman and Nightwing.

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
I say Hal and Kyle take it. I do think they would be more creative with the rings abilities.

Secondly, its debated if Supermans willpower is greater than Hals. When Hal was close to dying, there were candidates to reaplce him and the term used were "lesser wills.". Among those candidates were Superman and Nightwing.

And yet, Superman is described as having the strongest will in the universe. Anyways, as stated before, the ring makes a normal human extremely powerful, but a person who is already on that level who then gains that ring becomes even more powerful. Superman wins 7/10.

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123
And yet, Superman is described as having the strongest will in the universe. Anyways, as stated before, the ring makes a normal human extremely powerful, but a person who is already on that level who then gains that ring becomes even more powerful. Superman wins 7/10.

Like i said. Its debated if Superman has stronger willpower than Hal. Secondly, everyone knows the ring makes the wearer more powerful. The question isnt who has the most power, but who does the most with it. I personally dont think Supes can be as creative with the ring as Hal and Kyle can. Almost anyone can use the ring to make some constructs, but to use it to where its most effective takes years to learn.

Skeets
Originally posted by jrodslam
Like i said. Its debated if Superman has stronger willpower than Hal. Secondly, everyone knows the ring makes the wearer more powerful. The question isnt who has the most power, but who does the most with it. I personally dont think Supes can be as creative with the ring as Hal and Kyle can. Almost anyone can use the ring to make some constructs, but to use it to where its most effective takes years to learn.

Exactly and I Don't see Supes using the ring at all besides for defensive purposes........

cheap cabbage

If you have enough willpower, it doesn't matter what your "base level" is. If Hal really really wanted to, he could probably make himself far more powerful that superman physically. Superman would be brand new to the ring. While his will is strong, it isn't as strong as Jordan's. Superman has never needed it on a regular basis. He's freaking superman. Superman will probably just shield himself from k-nite and red-sun with the ring and just beat the lanterns down, but it'll be a long, long fight. Hal and Kyle are the best around and can get real creative with that ring.

UniOmni
So since the whole, greatest willpower thing is debateable, could Hal possibly will Clarks ring onto his hand, the way Clark did so to Guy??

And what book did the lesser will thing happen?? Was it Zero hour, or Emerald Twilight??

Validus
And yet, Superman is described as having the strongest will in the universe.
That's some dumbass fanwanking. I love Superman but come the hell on now. Whoever wrote that needs to be shot.

Good points made by jrod.

batdude123
That's some dumbass fanwanking. I love Superman but come the hell on now. Whoever wrote that needs to be shot.

Good points made by jrod.

No need to get mad about it. I'm only going by what I read...

Validus
Who says I'm mad? I just said it was stupid point. When your willpower is strong enough to hold back the big bang, I don't think much else matters.

batdude123
Who says I'm mad? I just said it was stupid point. When your willpower is strong enough to hold back the big bang, I don't think much else matters.

Was it necessarry to call my point "stupid?" I was just going by what I read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.