Fantastic Four A Death In the Family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ra˙ne
Discuss

I was kinda disappointed with this title.

grey fox
Isn't this the one where sue dies and the rest of the team go angsty ?

TK1
Where Sue Dies And Johnny Goes Back In Time To Save Her

HellMaster93
That's it but TWO FF members die... and they have to recruit TWO new members... fior a while at least... or s they said...

grey fox
Originally posted by TK1
Where Sue Dies And Johnny Goes Back In Time To Save Her

Go back in time ..WTF ! , How in the hell does he do that..oh wait I bet it's retarded.....

HellMaster93
They have a... "time machine"..

H. S. 6
Well that sucks.

Does he save her?

Validus
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Well that sucks.

Does he save her?
Yeah, it all goes back to normal.

I thought it was pretty lame.

H. S. 6
Well that sucks even more.

Accel
It was probably the quickest death and revival of a chracter I've ever seen.

Seriously, the whole impact of killing a character is just gone now. There's no more point to doing it.

BTW didn't they bring Thing back from the dead before?

Ra˙ne
Originally posted by Accel
It was probably the quickest death and revival of a chracter I've ever seen.

Seriously, the whole impact of killing a character is just gone now. There's no more point to doing it.

BTW didn't they bring Thing back from the dead before?

Yeah they went to heaven and God brought him back.

Dynamic One
you know i am really thinkin about cashin in my marvel chips. there no lonqer is a point to havin death occur anymore.

HellMaster93

Ra˙ne
Originally posted by HellMaster93
OH MY GOD! SERIOUSLY!? mad

I know really corny right and they made God look like Jack Kirby.

willRules

HellMaster93
ROFLMAO... true!

ScarletSpider
This was basically a fill-in story, meant to kind of go back to the olden days of things happening and being resolved in one issue. I think it was billed wrong, they made it seem like it was going to be some big deal, when it was self contained. It was fine, I thought, fairly enjoyable, but take it for what it's worth.

Ra˙ne
Is someone going to die during the Civil War or is someone just leaving? And if someone's leaving I think I know who it is.

grey fox
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
This was basically a fill-in story, meant to kind of go back to the olden days of things happening and being resolved in one issue. I think it was billed wrong, they made it seem like it was going to be some big deal, when it was self contained. It was fine, I thought, fairly enjoyable, but take it for what it's worth.

So it's basically a case of OWAW then ?

HellMaster93
OWAW? Is that our Worlds At war?

grey fox
OWAW? Is that our Worlds At war?

Yes , Our Worlds at War , Supposed to be a superman story . The editors then decide it would make a great 'Summer Event' . Consequently Superman appears to be a god and every other DC hero a bumbling fool.

Or ...to much hype , not enough story.

HellMaster93
OK, thanks, amigo...

manjaro
owaw was ok i guess,yeah it was supposed to be a superman story but then some rocket scientist decided to make it a summer event. it was good for its time, but it turned out so lame the it is effectively erased from continuity, with little or no lasting effects.

example, impulse had this cool abilty to send astral copies of himself in the past or future....gone! of course the most famous being steel's aegis armor...gone! when brainiac had his energy tendrils attached to apokolips and earth from war world WW's mother opted to send themyscara island to sever it, and the island was obliterated..yet it was intact and miraculously brought back into existence for the OMAC's to FUBAR in IC

of course, everybody remebers a teenage Lobo, and Slo-bo...gone! that was also about 2 1/2 years after doomsday developed intelliegence, but they retconned it to make it AT THAT TIME only to retcon it again in about 2004 to make it THAT TIME he evolved(see In the Name of Gog)

Also in Owaw they brought massacre back to life..now most might not know but in "the trial of superman" he was brought to the tribunal's planet to be punsihed for the house of El's part in krypton's destruction ( jor-el's ancestor mucking with tthe kryptonians DNA so they would die if they left the planet) and massacre was there on trial for all the ppl he killed and his punisment was to be restrained while the familes of all his victims clubbed and stabbed and stomped him to death, and he went down all like AAHHHHHH NOT LIKE THIS!!!! but we see that he's alive and well in OWAW. oh and dont forget how they got rid of supergirl...not matrix, the big boobed teenage one she was surupticiously removed from DCU and its inhabitantys seem to have no memory of her...now they have finally gotten it right with IC, the prelude,and all the tie-ins. i hope some birch-ass writer 5 or 6 years from now dont decide to scrap the whole vision and start all over agin, or bring back ppl who should stay dead, or power up ppl who were lame to begin with, or elevate ppl's status who dont deserve..well excpet for Slade, and black adam....but idiots like the rogues, and dr. pycho got thier dicks riden to hard if yopu ask me(which someone propbaly will)

HellMaster93
Who IS Dr Psycho? A MM villain?

grey fox
Who IS Dr Psycho? A MM villain?

I thought he was a JLI villain ?

I know he's a telepathic midget.....

HellMaster93
I'll look him up...

HellMaster93
He's a WW enemy actually...

Doctor Psycho is a supervillain in Wonder Woman's rogue's gallery. He is a telepath with the ability to enter and sometimes shape other people's dreams. Introduced in 1943 in Wonder Woman #5 (volume 1), he was originally drawn as an archetypical mad scientist with a large head and wild black hair. In recent depictions, he has kept the hair, but is better described as a little person in dress clothes.

In Wonder Woman (v.2) #200, he was supposedly shot to death, but he appears later, in Villains United.

In the Villains United miniseries leading up to Infinite Crisis, Psycho has surfaced as a core member of Lex Luthor's Secret Society of Super Villains. He may be the organization's biggest talker.

After the events of the sixth issue of Infinite Crisis, Psycho travelled with Warp to free Doomsday from captivity near the center of the Earth. He then took control of Doomsday, and used him to spearhead a supervillain assault on Metropolis.

Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
After the One Year Later gap, he was arrested and put on trial, with defending attorney being Kate Spencer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.