Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadMel

MadMel
official site http://marvelultimatealliance.com/

H. S. 6
The thread is in the Comic Book section.

Black Rob
It's a video game. Anyway sounds cool,but i don't know how they plan to balance this out. I mean what the hell is Blade going to offer to a battle? As far as i can think of,the only things he can contribute is:

Enhanced Physical Attributes
Martial Arts Skills
Katana
Guns
Stakes?
Senses

That's about it,and all of that could be replaced by someone like Deadpool.I'm pretty sure the only reason he's in there is because of the movies. Other than that i'm interested to see how they balance all the different heroes and such,but i'm not getting my hopes up. Xmen Legends is probably the basis of the gameplay but the key difference is that the Xmen are fairly balanced and each character is meant to be team oriented,whereas some guys in Marvel could literally do a million things themselves. I guess they'll either be real selective on who they include or they'll just weaken certain characters to fit in the game.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Black Rob
It's a video game.

No way!!!1!! Are you serious!!!!??!???

I agree, though. The thread should have been in here in the first place.

MadMel
Originally posted by Black Rob
It's a video game. Anyway sounds cool,but i don't know how they plan to balance this out. I mean what the hell is Blade going to offer to a battle? As far as i can think of,the only things he can contribute is:

Enhanced Physical Attributes
Martial Arts Skills
Katana
Guns
Stakes?
Senses

That's about it,and all of that could be replaced by someone like Deadpool.I'm pretty sure the only reason he's in there is because of the movies. Other than that i'm interested to see how they balance all the different heroes and such,but i'm not getting my hopes up. Xmen Legends is probably the basis of the gameplay but the key difference is that the Xmen are fairly balanced and each character is meant to be team oriented,whereas some guys in Marvel could literally do a million things themselves. I guess they'll either be real selective on who they include or they'll just weaken certain characters to fit in the game.
dude, there are 20 to choose from the start...if u dont like it dont choose him...that being said, how do u think elektra's gonna fit in?

Black Rob
Originally posted by MadMel
dude, there are 20 to choose from the start...if u dont like it dont choose him...that being said, how do u think elektra's gonna fit in? Don't really know,i guess she's sort of the ninja character of the game. And it's not about liking certain characters,it's about game balance. Lets just say they put Storm in the game,she's pretty popular right? Well she could easily be replaced by Thor who has her power and more. So do they put both characters in and just let Storm be the lesser character or do they either buff/debuff one of them. There's going to be a lot of overlapping with that huge a cast of characters

MadMel
good replayability tho, ey big grin

pinkfloydkor
wow, 140 characters, thats gonna be crazy. Imagine it on the Wii

MadMel
BUMP..
it is on the wii big grin....with special wii-mote motions for attacks...
what people are you going to put on your teams...(it doesnt matter if they may or may not be actually announced playable characters)

hell_soldier
Simple Team

Captain America = Leadership
Daredevil = Senses
Spiderman = because he's Spiderman
Black Panther = well he just looks so F#%*in cool

Be my first team. Oh and they all know how to fight. rock

MadMel
obviously they know how to fight..

Flamboyant4Life
That game looks amazing. Any release date planned?

Burning thought
ime not too hot on the graphics but its got a lot of Evil characters in it and i love evil and i like Marvel even though i never read a magazine from them in my life big grin

anyway isnt Galactus in this, he can eat planets, hows he going to fit in all this, hes uber

DigiMark007
A. 140 characters is probably misleading. Chances are, that includes cameos, references, villians, etc. I'd be surprised if there were more than, say, 30 playable characters.

B. Still, it looks cool. I just hope the characters feel different. If Spider-Man plays too much like Thor, or if Wolverine is comparably powerful to Dr. Strange, I'll be irritated.

MadMel
Originally posted by DigiMark007
A. 140 characters is probably misleading. Chances are, that includes cameos, references, villians, etc. I'd be surprised if there were more than, say, 30 playable characters.

B. Still, it looks cool. I just hope the characters feel different. If Spider-Man plays too much like Thor, or if Wolverine is comparably powerful to Dr. Strange, I'll be irritated.
hmm...i said 20 to choose from the start...and 140 npcs/unlockable characters..

aside from that, i have 2 good news and 1 bad news..
first to good stuff....it comes out as a launch game for wii..also, if you pre-order any version, you unlock silver surfer as a playable character..
now for the depressing stuff...there is no online for the wii version, which is plain stupid in my opinion...

Arahan
Wii fans around? Nice.
Me also likes the Wii.

Unfortunaltey there is no online support planned
for the Wii Version. Dont know why.

But if we have some luck it will support Wiiconnect24.

SaTsuJiN
so its like X-men Legends? or more arcade ish?

whats the replay value?

MadMel
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so its like X-men Legends? or more arcade ish?

whats the replay value?
1. itll be pretty much like xmen legends, but with tonnes more characters and features..ive never acutally played legends 1 or 2 (save for the demos), so im kinda new to this sorta rpg..
2. high, they've implemented an epilougue system that changes depending on what choices you make..also there is stuff to unlock, and since theres a cast of 20 playable characters, youll want to try different team combos..
Originally posted by Arahan
Wii fans around? Nice.
Me also likes the Wii.

Unfortunaltey there is no online support planned
for the Wii Version. Dont know why.

But if we have some luck it will support Wiiconnect24.
yes i just said that laughing out loud

newavenger13
thires 150 guys in the game

Blanka
but only 24 playable guys

MadMel
20 at the start..and more unloked later...and theres over 140...check out the trailer at the official site..the whole cinematic into http://www.marvelultimatealliance.com/index.php?

kai3345
Mine is:

Spider-Man

Captain America

Iron Man

Deadpool

Replacements for a dead character-

SPider-Man- Blade

Cap- Thor

Iron Man- Ms. Marvel

Deadpool- Wolverine

Victor Von Doom
I change it throughout, or I become bored.

BlaxicanHydra
Spider-Man

Captain America

Iron Man

Deadpool

I use the same team, kei Lin.

grey fox
Cap
Thor
Deadpool
Iron Man

geshien
Deadpool w. ultimate outfit.
dual shot, blade cyclone, battle cry.
imperial mantel (i got lucky when a glitch stacked the stats of the helmet of Titannius with the already equipped imperial mantel and still kept the helmet of Titannus separately. don't ask me how it happened, i don't know but, i'm happy. big grin )

Iceman w. Bobby Drake outfit.
freeze beam, polar explosion, frigid aura.
spider's bite.

Ironman w. War Machine outfit.
rocket punch, uni-beam, energy reroute.
helmet of Titannus

Silver Surfer w. power surge outfit (really cool shifty )
power surge, surfers rage, heal.
armor of Galactus.

High Priest
XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

geshien
Originally posted by geshien

Ironman w. War Machine outfit.
rocket punch, uni-beam, energy reroute.
helmet of Titannus

actually, change rocket punch for nano assault... much better.

ragesRemorse
really, i found that to do nothing. nano assault is useless, it is pretty to look at, but really doesnt do anything. Atleast rocket punch takes damage away. The only abilities of use for iron man are plasma disc and energy reroute, much like all of the other characters, there are only two-four really useful abilities at hand

Utrigita
Team

Thor
Strange
Ghost Rider
SS (when I got him)

geshien
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
really, i found that to do nothing. nano assault is useless, it is pretty to look at, but really doesnt do anything. Atleast rocket punch takes damage away. The only abilities of use for iron man are plasma disc and energy reroute, much like all of the other characters, there are only two-four really useful abilities at hand

i disagree.

maxed out it's pretty sick.

of course with the aid of other teammates, whatever damage is dealt stacked by a radial attack that covers a large a.o.e., will take out the the left overs. it's especially good because he can fly as well, thus staying out of harms way and taking out mobs with little effort.

moreover, Icemans' frigid aura slows enemies by 50% while dealing constant damage and has a decent a.o.e. of it's own. this with nano assault is quite effective.

moreover, i don't use Iron man to go head to head. i use Deadpool and Iceman in those situations. so there's no need to give him rocket punch when i prefer him to mop up what's left.

ragesRemorse
I guess it is usefull when its maxed out, but by that time you can have plasma disc maxed out and then kill enemies with one hit.

By the time i was able to have a couple powers for each character maxed out, i didn't have to worry about taking damage, so i was just focusing on the abilities that would kill enemies the quickest. Moon knight and his nunchuks were brutal, Spiderwomans beam would lay waste to several enemies in one blast, Caps shield just destroyed everything and hulk could both kill several enemies in one punch or knock everyone to the ground with the hulk smash ability. I found that each character had two prime abilities for straight out killing people, the rest were either buffs or useless compared to the killing abilities. They do look cool though

geshien
I guess it is usefull when its maxed out, but by that time you can have plasma disc maxed out and then kill enemies with one hit.

By the time i was able to have a couple powers for each character maxed out, i didn't have to worry about taking damage, so i was just focusing on the abilities that would kill enemies the quickest. Moon knight and his nunchuks were brutal, Spiderwomans beam would lay waste to several enemies in one blast, Caps shield just destroyed everything and hulk could both kill several enemies in one punch or knock everyone to the ground with the hulk smash ability. I found that each character had two prime abilities for straight out killing people, the rest were either buffs or useless compared to the killing abilities. They do look cool though

true, then you should like my setup.

it kills quick. between Iron mans nano assault (or in a closed area, uni-beam), and Silver Surfers, surfers rage, anything on the screen dies quick.

ane the nice thing about Deadpool of course, is his battle cry boost and blade cyclone which, is that much better when you give Iceman, frigid aura and spiders bite. Iceman keeps up if you're not using him and everything in Deadpools path is slow, not likely to hit you, taking damage already, and easy to mow through. you don't even have to spam the button. just press and hold.

anyways, i'll give yours a try but, i don't have Hulk or MK on mine. i'll just sub Hulk with Luke Cage. which is pretty close with that flying elbow he does... i forget the name. and sub MK with Elektra or BP.

ragesRemorse
The deadpool and surfer combo sounds cool, im going to try that out. What system do you play the game on? I thought moon knight was on every system.

Does anyone know how to unlock all of the costumes for the expansion characters? I have all of their costumes but one, do i just need to kill more enemies?

geshien
The deadpool and surfer combo sounds cool, im going to try that out. What system do you play the game on? I thought moon knight was on every system.

Does anyone know how to unlock all of the costumes for the expansion characters? I have all of their costumes but one, do i just need to kill more enemies?

PS2.

for some reason Moon Knight isn't on the PS2 version yet, there's a load screen featuring him. to promote the other systems versions? confused i dunno.

DigiMark007
Thor and Cap are the stand-bys for my friend and I. There's plenty we like after that, but Venom and Iron Man probably round out our "A Team."

Good game. Mindless, but fun. I'm nearly done with it.

Nemesis X
Ultimate Aliiance is an awful game. It doesnt have enough hereoes and villains to play. They dont have the hulk (big mistake they made) or venom.

Morridini
Both Venom and the Hulk is playable......

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Morridini
Both Venom and the Hulk is playable......

No there isnt! I beaten the game, unlocked all the heroes, found a lot of cheat codes for the game online, but no damn Hulk or Venom. mad

Raoul
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No there isnt! I beaten the game, unlocked all the heroes, found a lot of cheat codes for the game online, but no damn Hulk or Venom. mad

on pc i have both hulk and venom...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Thats because you have to pay for them, unless you are playing on the Ps2, then you are just screwed.

King B
i'v got the game on the X-box 360. how do you get Silver Surfer? i'v completed it 2 time's now but i need one more character and im guessing it's him.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by King B
i'v got the game on the X-box 360. how do you get Silver Surfer? i'v completed it 2 time's now but i need one more character and im guessing it's him.

Use the cheat code that's shown online. I used it smile

Symbiotic
Originally posted by Raoul
on pc i have both hulk and venom...

But is it possible to get them on PS3? Anyone?

Raoul
Originally posted by Symbiotic
But is it possible to get them on PS3? Anyone?

i don't believe its possible...

Symbiotic
i don't believe its possible...

Well that sucks. I guess I'll have to convince my friend to buy them for his 360.

Raoul
Originally posted by Symbiotic
Well that sucks. I guess I'll have to convince my friend to buy them for his 360.

you can mod the hell out of it on pc... remove and add characters and everything...

MadMel
getting the pc version soon big grin

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by King B

get gold on all the comic discs. But, yeah, unless your an achievement junkie, just use the code. The silver surfer and daredevil code are the only two codes that you can enter while still being able to get achievements

Raoul
Originally posted by MadMel
getting the pc version soon big grin

go here:

www.marvelmods.com

the forum has tons of stuff...

MadMel
sweet

FistOfThe North
I bought this game off a coworker4 days ago for $10 for the 360. Haven't played it yet. Too into Dragonballz - Burst Limit.

I will play it later on today when i wake up.

DigiMark007
There's like 20 characters even before teh additions. If you don't enjoy the game, adding a couple of your favorites isn't going to help. So if anyone's thinking about buying a different version just for Hulk, Venom, Surfer, etc. I'd advise them against it. If there's no one you like to play with normally, how will they help?

Dark-Jaxx
Playing with Surfer is fun. big grin

Raoul
There's like 20 characters even before teh additions. If you don't enjoy the game, adding a couple of your favorites isn't going to help. So if anyone's thinking about buying a different version just for Hulk, Venom, Surfer, etc. I'd advise them against it. If there's no one you like to play with normally, how will they help?

cos i don't like playing as luke cage, or storm, or the thing, etc... stick out tongue

ragesRemorse

yes, especially when you take into consideration that these additional characters play NO different than any of the others. They are no more powerful either. They still only have one or two abilities which are actually useful. They are nothing more than a different skin.

I believe the hero/villian pack on the 360 market place is close to ten dollars. This was hardly worth it when the game was new.

Raoul
umm, there are plenty of exceptions...

giant man is huge, vision can actually phase through stuff, cyclops has powers he didnt even have in XML 1 or 2, i mean, i don't get what the problem is... plenty of the newer characters are built from scratch, with new moves, voices, everything...

do they radically change the game? no. but getting to play as your favourite 4 characters as opposed to 4 you have to pick off of a roster (half of whom you won't use), adds quite a bit to the game imo... especially since the majority of my favourite marvel characters werent in the game to start with, yet still had justice done to them when added...

ragesRemorse
yeah, not so much for me. These characters were created alongside of the rest of the game. They chose to release them for sale, seperately. I pay $60 for a game and then i have to pay $10 for a few other characters. They should offer something other than a different skin. If you are really hard up to play as those characters, it might be worth it, otherwise they do absolutely nothing for the game playing experience.

DigiMark007
I'm not saying the additional characters are bad. Just that no one should be expecting it to revolutionize the experience, since a couple people talked about buying different versions of it and junk. If they didn't like it with the regular characters, they won't like it any more with the extras. And I love Magneto/Venom/Hulk/etc. but it's not a brand new game.

Raoul
yeah, not so much for me. These characters were created alongside of the rest of the game. They chose to release them for sale, seperately. I pay $60 for a game and then i have to pay $10 for a few other characters. They should offer something other than a different skin. If you are really hard up to play as those characters, it might be worth it, otherwise they do absolutely nothing for the game playing experience.

i'm talking about the free ones for pc... of which there are tons...

I'm not saying the additional characters are bad. Just that no one should be expecting it to revolutionize the experience, since a couple people talked about buying different versions of it and junk. If they didn't like it with the regular characters, they won't like it any more with the extras. And I love Magneto/Venom/Hulk/etc. but it's not a brand new game.

i enjoyed it a hell of alot more playing as cyclops, hawkeye, colossus and hank pym than i did with anyone else... maybe its just me, then...

DigiMark007
i enjoyed it a hell of alot more playing as cyclops, hawkeye, colossus and hank pym than i did with anyone else... maybe its just me, then...

Probably. Mutie fanboy.

stick out tongue

Raoul
Probably. Mutie fanboy.

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

well, we can't all have our favourite character being one of the default choices in the game... stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Anyone still play this?

jalek moye
i do sometimes

Wei Phoenix
Yeah I just got it for the 360 and Cyclops is a beast.

jalek moye
me also hes my fav char. u got live?

Wei Phoenix
My GT is my name. Wei Phoenix.

jalek moye
mines Djalek

i'll have to play it with you sometime

Wei Phoenix
Sure seeing as I still need the co-op achievements. I'll add you when I log off the net.

peejayd
* been skimming on the net... is there any site that i can download the PC version of MUA? and as to where can i download the customizable other characters not included in the default list?

* i want Cyclops, Quasar, Quicksilver & Hulk... i also like DD but he's already in the default list...

* by the way, Deadpool cracks me up everytime... esp. when he teases Black Bolt -> "Spa-tu-la!" laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.