Hercules vs. Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Hercules vs. Lobo. Hand to hand combat only. No cloning for lobo. Who takes this?

grey fox
Lobo frags him.

snoopdogg
Herc. cannot beat Hulk he sure as hell is not gonna take the main man out.

Accel
If this is Immortal Hercules, then it is a stalemate.

General Kon-El
It's demi-god.

diabloman
hercules knocks out lobo

Whittdawg92
geez, I still can't believe lobo's a real character. he was originally a joke parody of wolverine mixed with grey hulk. can't believe DC wrote him as a real character. Lobo would probably get lobotomized, even though they're both technically immortal.

bherrle
I know. Lobo sucks. I hate him.

Whittdawg92
I wish DC would kill him off. I like hercules more, but he still wins.

olympian
Hand to Hand combat only? No cloning?

Herc.

snoopdogg
In Thing #7 Immortal Herc. fought Thing to a standstill and Thing didn't even really want to fight. Hulk has destroyed both versions of Herc. in h2h even when Herc. had help.

Lobo takes Hercules.

Unless anybody can show Lobo being takin down from a lesser opponent.

Accel
Hercules has always held his own in rumbles against the Hulk. he has the strength and fighting skills to keep up with Lobo.

It's almost impossible to find a low end showing for Lobo, because the guy was just made to kick every one's ass. I don't think it's even possible to knock him out due to his insane healing factor pain tolerance.

If Lobo had his cloning ability for this fight, he would be the obvious choice; but since he doesn't, I say Immortal Hercules stalemates him. Mortal Hercules on the other hand gets his ass fragged.

snoopdogg
Mindless Hulk wrecked Herc. even with the help of Namor, Wonderman, Ironman and others.

The Main Man is that tough. He can handle Herc.

Accel
Hercules held his own thorughout the entire fight.

Lobo is tough, yes, but nothing that indicates he's out of Hercules's league.

diabloman
R.I.P lobo

Accel
Lobo can't die.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Accel
Hercules held his own thorughout the entire fight.

Lobo is tough, yes, but nothing that indicates he's out of Hercules's league. Hercules kept getting knocked down. The only shots he landed on Hulk were when Hulk was fighting Namor or Wonderman. And those shots didn't do anything at all.

Mortal Herc. was @ss raped by Herc.

Lobo is definately on Mindless Hulks level.

Whittdawg92
Lobo can't die. correction, he CAN die, he just get kicked outta hell and heaven.

Accel
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Hercules kept getting knocked down. The only shots he landed on Hulk were when Hulk was fighting Namor or Wonderman. And those shots didn't do anything at all.

Mortal Herc. was @ss raped by Herc.

Lobo is definately on Mindless Hulks level.
He was knocked down, but he was never out. Not once did he show signs of fatigue or injury. Contrary to popular belief, Getting knocked down and getting knocked out are NOT the same thing.

Even Mortal Hercules held his own before Hulk became too strong for him. However, I already admitted Mortal Herc would lose this, but I assume this is Immortal hercules we're talking about.

snoopdogg
He was knocked down, but he was never out. Not once did he show signs of fatigue or injury. Contrary to popular belief, Getting knocked down and getting knocked out are NOT the same thing.

Even Mortal Hercules held his own before Hulk became too strong for him. However, I already admitted Mortal Herc would lose this, but I assume this is Immortal hercules we're talking about. Well being Hulk was fighting like 8 guys at once I don't think Herc. or anybody had Hulks full attention or felt his full power.

I only know of two fights between Hulk and Mortal Herc. Both didn't go so well for Mortal Herc. but like you said that's expected.

The reason I use Hulk as a example is because I see Lobo on the same level or perhaps higher as Mindless/Savage Hulk.

Accel
Well being Hulk was fighting like 8 guys at once I don't think Herc. or anybody had Hulks full attention or felt his full power.

I only know of two fights between Hulk and Mortal Herc. Both didn't go so well for Mortal Herc. but like you said that's expected.

The reason I use Hulk as a example is because I see Lobo on the same level or perhaps higher as Mindless/Savage Hulk.
The thing is, lobo doesn't have the whole "increasing strength" thing that Hulk has.

How is Lobo on the same level as Hulk necessarily? He's one of the most inconsistent characters in comics, really; mostly because he was never meant to be taken seriously like guys like Superman. From what I heard, he once ripped apart infinite energy with his bare hands, but not too long ago, he was easily punched into orbit by Superman.

Skeets
Lobo's nowhere near Mindless Hulk level's of strength........erm
Herc can give him a fight.

snoopdogg
The thing is, lobo doesn't have the whole "increasing strength" thing that Hulk has.

How is Lobo on the same level as Hulk necessarily? He's one of the most inconsistent characters in comics, really; mostly because he was never meant to be taken seriously like guys like Superman. From what I heard, he once ripped apart infinite energy with his bare hands, but not too long ago, he was easily punched into orbit by Superman. The same can be said about any character actually. For example Herc. "supposedly" held the weight of Earth. But then struggled to pull a floating part of Manhattan.(Assuming both were immortal)

Another case of Herc. being overrated can be seen by reading Thing #7. Immortal Herc. thought Thing was a troll or some sh!t and started pounding on a unknowing Ben. But later in the fight Thing started to slap him around a bit but then the fight was stopped.

Lobo is easily out of Things league.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Skeets
Lobo's nowhere near Mindless Hulk level's of strength........erm
Herc can give him a fight. It's never been stated that Mindless Hulk is stronger than Savage.

And yea your right Herc. will give Lobo a fight. Sh!t Wolverine beat Lobo.

Accel
The same can be said about any character actually. For example Herc. "supposedly" held the weight of Earth. But then struggled to pull a floating part of Manhattan.(Assuming both were immortal)

Another case of Herc. being overrated can be seen by reading Thing #7. Immortal Herc. thought Thing was a troll or some sh!t and started pounding on a unknowing Ben. But later in the fight Thing started to slap him around a bit but then the fight was stopped.

Lobo is easily out of Things league.
I know all characters are somewhat inconsistent, but imo Lobo is the most inconsistent. Hercules has never been overrated though. You're probably confusing him with Hulk or someone. I don't believe he was struggling with Manhattan either.

Even Mortal Hercules is far above Thing; don't you see any problems with Ben getting the better of him (seeing as how Thing has no strength feats whatsoever that out him on the same level as Herc)? Hercules has also gotten the better of Thor is pure H2H combat, who is also far above Thing.

jrodslam
I think Herc has a chance. Especially considering how Captain Marvel (who has the strength of Hercules) held his own against Lobo. Although that fight was inconclusive, they bother were going back and forth with knocking each other around.

Since this fight is pure h2h, Herc stands a good chance. I think it can go either way. Especially since Lobo cant use weapons or duplicate.

Skeets
It's never been stated that Mindless Hulk is stronger than Savage.

And yea your right Herc. will give Lobo a fight. Sh!t Wolverine beat Lobo.
Wasn't it Mindless Hulk who was fighting the Beyonder?

Shame on you Snoop on that last comment.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
I think Herc has a chance. Especially considering how Captain Marvel (who has the strength of Hercules) held his own against Lobo. Although that fight was inconclusive, they bother were going back and forth with knocking each other around.

Since this fight is pure h2h, Herc stands a good chance. I think it can go either way. Especially since Lobo cant use weapons or duplicate. Are you comparing Herc. and Captain Marvel jrod?

badabing
Are you comparing Herc. and Captain Marvel jrod?
I hope he's not.

jrodslam
Are you comparing Herc. and Captain Marvel jrod?

Somewhat snoop, but ONLY in strength. Considering Captain Marvel has the "Strength of Hercules".

snoopdogg
Somewhat snoop, but ONLY in strength. Considering Captain Marvel has the "Strength of Hercules". True. But CM has so many other things that Herc. does not.

Lobo battling CM would be tougher than Herc.

badabing
Somewhat snoop, but ONLY in strength. Considering Captain Marvel has the "Strength of Hercules".
That's fair.

snoopdogg
Somewhat snoop, but ONLY in strength. Considering Captain Marvel has the "Strength of Hercules". I thought that he actually has the strength of Herc. and Atlas? Remember the scan? shifty

jrodslam
True. But CM has so many other things that Herc. does not.

Lobo battling CM would be tougher than Herc.

Ohh i know that. BUT, when Cap and Lobo went at it, it was mostly slugs being thrown. Cap was knocking Lobo into trucks and through mountains.

Im just going off the strength part. Cap does have the speed and durability which Herc doesnt have, but Herc has the fighting ability that Cap doesnt have. Plus this fight is on the ground and h2h only so Herc does have a pretty good chance here.

jrodslam
I thought that he actually has the strength of Herc. and Atlas? Remember the scan? shifty

Heh heh. Cap has the ability to combine the powers, but i dont think he has it without doing so. Maybe he does and maybe he doesnt. He also did it with Hercules and Zeus.rock

JohnnyDo3
Hercules is stronger than Lobo but Lobo will kill Herc im sorry herc fans but ol herc doesnt have the killer instinct that Lobo has

olympian
"In Thing #7 Immortal Herc. fought Thing to a standstill and Thing didn't even really want to fight. Hulk has destroyed both versions of Herc. in h2h even when Herc. had help."

The encounter takes place in ancient Greece, no? When he was wearing the lion pelt. Its not Immortal Herc, then. Its him as demi god years before he died to ascend to Olympus.

The times Herc used h2h against Hulk, where the first fight ever and the one against the Onslaught version when he was mortal and depowered. He looked slighty better than Hulk in the first and lost the second. The problem wasent the skills. It was the different in stats both versions of Herc had.

Ill wait to see the Thing fight before commenting. Seems like it was from the description a tussle that was broken out.

I dont see it, btw as that far out. Thing doesnt win against Hulk but -always- gives a fight. stalemates even. He can and has done that against others big guns, even if hes in the class below.

- - -

"I only know of two fights between Hulk and Mortal Herc. Both didn't go so well for Mortal Herc. but like you said that's expected."

Mortal Herc only fough once against the Hulk. The Onslaught Hulk. The rest was him as immortal.

- - -

"I thought that he actually has the strength of Herc. and Atlas? Remember the scan?"

Yeah that was the armwrestling match, wasent it?

What portion the guy gets of those powers? Has it ever been dealt in his comics apperances? A bit off topic but i dont see him having the whole Zeus power, so what about the rest.

- - -

"Im just going off the strength part. Cap does have the speed and durability which Herc doesnt have, but Herc has the fighting ability that Cap doesnt have. Plus this fight is on the ground and h2h only so Herc does have a pretty good chance here."

Seconded.

About Lobo, i dont know. Hes crazy as heck, but lacks the fighting skills. Hes mostly a brawler. How many good skill showings does he have?

- - -

"The same can be said about any character actually. For example Herc. "supposedly" held the weight of Earth. But then struggled to pull a floating part of Manhattan.(Assuming both were immortal)"

Theres always inconsistency. But top tiers doing planetary level feats its the exception. Not the norm. Thor doesnt always use the kind of strenght he did when pulling the Midgard Serpent off Earth.

Neither is Hulk constantly using the level of strenght needing to punch a time storm. Regular level and higher ones arent the same thing.

Superman doesnt always use Moon moving strenght as well, the guy has struggled with to keep Metropolis subway station structures to cramble.

hulk=strength
^co-signed thats 100% true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.