Qui-Gon & ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Can the two Jedi take down this Sith Lord? Force and Lightsaber combat.

Razielim
I don't think RotS Obi-Wan and TPM Qui-Gon would mesh as well as they did 13 years ago. Kenobi is good, but Qui-Gon would only last a few moments. Kenobi may be able to stretch out the fight due to his Soresu mastery but that's all he'll be doing.

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
Eventually Revan would seperate them and fight Qui-Gon first, then toy with Obi-Wan (remember Revan Probably Knew Soresu therefore countering it with Ataru or Makashior trie to make Kenobi fall)

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
Is it possible for me to redeem myself ? sad

jollyjim311
Nope. Not if you double post and ooze with Revan fanboyism. Both are solid contenders and this fight could go either way. I'm tempted to say the duo, though, because neither can be taken out in either a saber or force battle easily, or fast, so, together they might be too much for him.

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
im no fanboy it's just the truth

jollyjim311
Originally posted by e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
im no fanboy it's just the truth

"The most strategically genuis in the Jedi Or Sith Ever" Sure you aren't even a little biased (not to mention bad at basic grammar skills. Do you know how to sucessfully put an adverb into a sentence)?

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
REVAN FARTED AND HE WON THE BATTLE

Escape81
I'm not a Revan-fanboy, but he would soundly defeat these two. He is an incredibly gifted lightsaber duelist - firmly above any PT Force-user.

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
Originally posted by Escape81
I'm not a Revan-fanboy, but he would soundly defeat these two. He is an incredibly gifted lightsaber duelist - firmly above any PT Force-user. WTF OMG you have a brain

Escape81
Originally posted by e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
WTF OMG you have a brain

Mm-hmmm. But, then again, coming from the guy who thinks Hanharr the Crazy Wookie would defeat - no, own - Dark Empire Palpatine, I'm not really honored.

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
Mm-hmmm. But, then again, coming from the guy who thinks Hanharr the Crazy Wookie would defeat - no, own - Dark Empire Palpatine, I'm not really honored. *shitfaced*

jollyjim311
I'm not a Revan-fanboy, but he would soundly defeat these two. He is an incredibly gifted lightsaber duelist - firmly above any PT Force-user.

I'll talk this (type, whatever) out with you, because you're worth my time (Yay for you!!!...?). What makes you think he has a command of the Force beyond these two, not to mention Yoda? Revan was regarded as talented, but that assumption is ridiculously extreme.

Razielim
Revan was regarded as the top dog of his time period. Kenobi got floored by a force choke from Dooku and Qui-Gon got dusted by a 22-year-old Sith apprentice. Revan beat... the second strongest in a Sith Empire, and Darth Malak (who is generally accepted as Dooku's equal).

Sesse
Revan was a weak fool.
He was jedi consular who had all his points in strength and wore heavy armor. His favourite weapon was Carth's blaster.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Sesse
Revan was a weak fool.
He was jedi consular who had all his points in strength and wore heavy armor. His favourite weapon was Carth's blaster. Non-canon. Try again, please, and with facts and evidence next time.

Razielim
It was a joke, I think.

darthsith19
No. Revan > Dooku. Dooku was strong enough to beat Kenobi while fending off Anakin so if Revan > Dooku then he should be able to defeat kenobi even more easily than Dooku did. Then it's Revan vs. Qui-Gon. While Anakin managed to defeat Dooku Qui-Gon is far weaker than Anakin and is going up against a stronger being than Dooku and gets owned pretty bad.

So Revan wins with only a little difficulty.

Brotz
I see Revan winning this with alot of difficulty, seeing as how Jinn and Kenobi are likely to work together here, Revan will not be able to easily separate them. All three people here are lightsaber masters, Revan can use his force powers, but somehow I think Qui-Gon would hold a bit of resistance against Revan's dark abilities. You know, put Kenobi and Jinn in their primes against Revan, it will be a long fight, but in the end, Revan will win.

Escape81
Originally posted by Brotz
I see Revan winning this with alot of difficulty, seeing as how Jinn and Kenobi are likely to work together here, Revan will not be able to easily separate them. All three people here are lightsaber masters, Revan can use his force powers, but somehow I think Qui-Gon would hold a bit of resistance against Revan's dark abilities. You know, put Kenobi and Jinn in their primes against Revan, it will be a long fight, but in the end, Revan will win.

This is getting ridiculous.

Darth Maul was capable of fighting and defeating TPM Qui-Gon Jinn and TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi. Count Dooku is capable of fending off ROTS Obi-Wan and ROTS Anakin for a time. Now, you have Darth Revan, who is superior in dueling than Maul and Count Dooku - and who is a firm notch or two above the likes of Master Yoda and Darth Sidious.

Revan owns these two.

Lightsnake
In no way is Revan a 'notch' above Yoda or Sidious, that's ridiculous. While Revan could beat these two, you rate him a tad too highly.

Count Kent
Revan is leagues above Yoda or Sidious. His willpower was so strong that he was able to mind control a Hutt.

Lightsnake
Prove that's canon. And no, he's not above Yoda and Sidious whatsoever. Even by what we know of Sidious and Yoda, Revan would be ****ed with a ten foot pole, considering Yoda was the strongest Jedi ever up to that time

Count Kent
1. Canon is a point of view.
2. As of ROTS, Yoda and Sidious would get owned in about 5 seconds. DE Sidious would last about one minute.

Lightsnake
Ahhh, ignorance is a harsh mistress. Sorry, pal, but you've got no canon evidence there and Yoda's been directly described as the strongest Jedi master who ever lived up until that point.

You were saying? Something...pitifully amusing

Count Kent
As I said, canon is a point of view. I do not accept that quote supporting Yoda. Many jedi masters prior to the PT era are completely leagues above him. Mace himself was superior to him.

Lightsnake
I believe you can be ignored now. I don't care what you accept, I care what's written.

Count Kent
Did you also ignore the quote saying that Mace was the most powerful jedi master as of ROTS at the time : force and saber abilities?

Lightsnake
I saw where you made it up

Count Kent
Huh?

Razielim
Alright. In my point of view Revan was a weakling who could fight for squat, made it to the Star Forge by pure chance, didn't kill, fool, control or like anything or anyone, snuck past guards and never wielded anything more than a blaster pistol. He beats Malak by setting mines. In my point of view he can get curbstomped by TPM Anny.

See how "Canon is a point of view" works out? It doesn't. Argue with facts, no your lame opinions. Revan is not leagues above Yoda or Sidious.

((The_Anomaly))
This is a VERY close fight, but Revan wins 6/ 10.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Count Kent
Did you also ignore the quote saying that Mace was the most powerful jedi master as of ROTS at the time : force and saber abilities?

laughing out loud And where is this quote exactly?? LOL

Go away, your a n00b.

Escape81
Originally posted by Lightsnake
In no way is Revan a 'notch' above Yoda or Sidious, that's ridiculous. While Revan could beat these two, you rate him a tad too highly.

Look. Revan's above Dooku. In lightsaber skills, yes, I'd rank Revan a notch or two above Yoda or Sidious.

Lightsnake
Yoda's already Mace's superior and Mace was one of the single greatest saber fighters the Jedi order'd ever seen

Escape81
Yoda's already Mace's superior and Mace was one of the single greatest saber fighters the Jedi order'd ever seen

Look, I'm not going to argue with you. It's just how I see things. The way I see it, in the PT Dooku, Mace, and Anakin were the greatest lightsaber duelists.

Yoda would beat all three. I know that very well. Why? Because he is far faster and far more agile than all of them, and his command of the Force is significantly superior.

Take away the Force, and Yoda couldn't outfight Dooku, Mace, or Anakin.

Lightsnake
Fair enough. Though without the force, Dooku and Mace would likely find their own styles stripped from then as well

Escape81
Fair enough. Though without the force, Dooku and Mace would likely find their own styles stripped from then as well

Not likely. Especially Dooku, who is trained in just lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat.

I should specify. Excess force, used for intense flipping. Yoda's singular tactic is just to overwhelm the enemy with superior speed and agility, which is the only thing he does.

Lightsnake
Mace's tactic though is Vaapad, which channels his inner darkness, there's a lot of force involved there...and Dooku also requires the force to move how he does. He's no longer a young man.

And when Yoda was singularly grounded, he was certainly no slouch

Great Vengeance
Mace's tactic though is Vaapad, which channels his inner darkness, there's a lot of force involved there...and Dooku also requires the force to move how he does. He's no longer a young man.

And when Yoda was singularly grounded, he was certainly no slouch

Yep...good points LS.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Razielim
Alright. In my point of view Revan was a weakling who could fight for squat, made it to the Star Forge by pure chance, didn't kill, fool, control or like anything or anyone, snuck past guards and never wielded anything more than a blaster pistol. He beats Malak by setting mines. In my point of view he can get curbstomped by TPM Anny.

See how "Canon is a point of view" works out? It doesn't. Argue with facts, no your lame opinions. Revan is not leagues above Yoda or Sidious.

I was going to say something similar. What canon information do we have on Revan, exactly?

Lightsnake
He killed Malak, destroyed the Star Forge, killed Yusanis and Mandalore...

Razielim
Which puts him up there IMO, but strongest force user ever?

Lightsnake
Just saying some of his credentials

Razielim
Indeed. I was referring to Kent's Revan crusade.

PurpleSaber
Yeah, Revan is as good as you make him in KOTOR. So not much but the storyline is canon. BTW, in the KOTOR series is the Lightside or the Darkside canon?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
Yeah, Revan is as good as you make him in KOTOR. So not much but the storyline is canon. BTW, in the KOTOR series is the Lightside or the Darkside canon?

In KOTOR I, the canon ending is lightside. In KOTOR II, the canon ending hasnt been released yet as far as I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.