asajj ventress vs darth maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thezenbrawler
discuss

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
let's see
maul- owned by padawan kenobi
ventress-gave anakin a run for his money,bested plo koon,put up a great fight against kenobi and anakin

maul gets

Legion_of_Maul
no no no, anakin was weak in the clone wars, and TPM obiwan did not own, he used his irish luck to jump up and kill him, after maul handled two jedi at once, and asajj gave one padawan a run for his money, but maul gave a "should be" jedi master a run for his money.

-funny pic by the way-

e.l,m,t,i,(r k)
check this out

overlord
Check this out:

Ermac_Master
Wow, Maul kills her. She gives him a run for his money, but in the end she loses.

Null ARC Avis
Sith>Dark jedi Period

darthsith19
Depends on which Asajj this is. Obsession Asajj likely could beat him, Dark Rendezvous Asajj stands a fair chance. Anytime before that I'd go with Maul but it'd be close.

Legion_of_Maul
only problem is she died, and maul could destroy AOTC anakin, and he defeated Asajj with relative ease and i think maul would do the same.

jollyjim311
She didn't die.

DePWNZOR
Everyone seriously underestimates Maul...He's near Count Dooku in lightsaber mastery. He owns Ventress.

Razielim
Uh huh. And that's why Kenobi was dominating the saber fight with him?

darthsith19
He was? When? At first Maul is holding off both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the same time. He temporairly rids himself of Obi-Wan with a kick, then beats Qui-Gon. Then Obi-Wan uses the Dark Side. During this time he and Maul are tied, he wasn't dominating Maul, they were even, then Obi-Wan started to get tired and Maul shoved him in the pit after a fight that laster well under a minute. I don't see Maul getting owned by kenobi there.

Yes, I agree that Maul's not going to pwn Asajj but he will win, at least against an Asajj soon after AOTC, a version of Asajj then he might even pwn, but Asajj keeps improving. By The Cestus Deception she has became stronger than most of the Jedi in the Order and would definately not get pwnd by Maul, though I'd still give the victory here to Maul. However, by Obsession she is able to compete with Obi-Wan and Anakin, and this is only 5 months before ROTS. By that time both Kenobi and Anakin are very strong and could likely beat Maul one on one so Asajj probably could, too, but I don't see her pwning him, either.

That's what I think.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Razielim
Uh huh. And that's why Kenobi was dominating the saber fight with him?
when was he dominating? oh yeah, when he gave into the darkside?NO! Obiwan only won the fight because he outsmarted Maul, not from skill you must understand that maul is underrated because obiwan beat him. what if he killed obiwan, it would screw up star wars! so the only way was to outsmart him!

Razielim
... He pushes him back and cuts his saber in half...

Though I agree, that was due to him using the dark side. And Maul was the superior force user.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
Everyone seriously underestimates Maul...He's near Count Dooku in lightsaber mastery. He owns .

LOL.... laughing On Count Dooku's level...hahaha laughing out loud

Anyways, he wins against all Versions of Ventress except Obsession Ventress in which he might lose.

Count Kent
Obsession Ventress is more powerful then him.

((The_Anomaly))
Yea prolly, but it'd be a good fight.

Count Kent
Count Dooku would pwn Maul in terms of saber skills.

darthsith19
No, he wouldn;t, Maul is a beast with a lightsaber, Dooku's greater than he is but not by alot.

Xavius
Actually, I'm pretty sure Dooku would pimpslap Maul when it comes to dueling.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Xavius
Really? is this the same Maul who nearly bested Sidious in a duel, defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, one of the Order's finest swordsmen, and Anoon Bondara, who was said to be the best Jedi with a blade in the entire order? No, Dooku's better but not by alot.

Razielim
Really? is this the same Maul who nearly bested Sidious in a duel

Source please.

Legion_of_Maul

Source please.
Shadow hunter sids remembers chalenging Maul and nearly lost.

Escape81

Source please.

*sigh*

When Sidious took Maul as an apprentice, Maul was stranded on a remote planet for several days, with a dozen or so droids sent after him. Maul destroyed them all. Sidious returned, and forced Maul to face a final challenge. He had to duel Sidious.

Sidious beat him, and then he lied to Maul - saying that he had trained another apprentice because Maul was too week. Maul was then infuriated and attacked Sidious, and nearly bested him.

Escape81
Originally posted by Xavius

Meh. Honestly?

Darth Maul is far younger, stronger, more agile, and can fight better than Count Dooku.

Count Dooku is a much stronger Force-user, and his lightsaber style would be the thing that would give him his edge. In a contest of the Force, I think he'd pwn Maul.

But in a sheer lightsaber fight? I dunno. Maul fights a lot like Yoda, and by that I mean, he uses his speed and agility (and his martial arts skills) to overpower opponents like Dooku, who attempt to remain stationary and who aren't as fast.

Dooku is more powerful, but in dueling, he wouldn't own Maul.

DePWNZOR
Maul beats any version of Assaj. He's a Sith, and is cooler, faster, stronger, has a better weapon, and overall better. He also is trained in the use of the force, unlike Ventress.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
Maul beats any version of Assaj.

Doubtfully, Asajj in Obsession might be able to overcome him.

Okay? And Sith have been beaten before.

Agreed, however, I don't see how being "cool" will influence the fight.

Uh, can't Asajj attach her blades?

Lightsnake
Sidious wasn't exactly trying his all against Maul...the point was, it was all a test to see if he were worthy to be a Sith. As for Dooku vs. Maul...Dooku may not own him, but he would defeat him in a contest of sabers

Escape81
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Sidious wasn't exactly trying his all against Maul...the point was, it was all a test to see if he were worthy to be a Sith. As for Dooku vs. Maul...Dooku may not own him, but he would defeat him in a contest of sabers

Which is what I said above. stick out tongue

Xavius
Originally posted by Escape81
Meh. Honestly?

Darth Maul is far younger, stronger, more agile, and can fight better than Count Dooku.

Count Dooku is a much stronger Force-user, and his lightsaber style would be the thing that would give him his edge. In a contest of the Force, I think he'd pwn Maul.

But in a sheer lightsaber fight? I dunno. Maul fights a lot like Yoda, and by that I mean, he uses his speed and agility (and his martial arts skills) to overpower opponents like Dooku, who attempt to remain stationary and who aren't as fast.

Dooku is more powerful, but in dueling, he wouldn't own Maul.

More agile? I'm sorry to say, but age doesn't matter in a duel. Dooku has a vista of experience at his hands, you must remember. And his energy within the force powers him to be stronger, faster and more agile. And since you state that Dooku is a more powerful force adept, then he should have no problems applying that force to thrive his body.

Dooku flipped over a balcony and sent Anakin flying into a wall with a near effortless back kick. You cannot tell me he lacks speed and strength.

Dooku has the experience and the mastery of the dueling Lightsaber style that I think would completely overpower Maul.

By my memory, Dooku tooled the Jedi Master that defeated Maul when he was a Padawan. I don't remember where it stated he was one of the Greatest Duelists. One of the Greatest JEDI at the time, yes, but not the greatest duelist.

Escape81
Tell that to Count Dooku's beheaded corpse on Invisible Hand.

If that were the case, Qui-Gon would've been able to be more agile and stronger than Maul. He wasn't. Neither was Obi-Wan.

Hell, consider. Obi-Wan wasn't as fast, agile, or as strong as Grievous. And Grievous has no real strength in the Force.

Never said he lacked it, did I? I said Maul had more.

I disagree. I don't think that Dooku could simply swing twice and Maul would fall over dead. Dooku would probably best him in a sheer duel, but not without difficulty.

Flammable Fun
Dooku can fight like hell. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. Watch the part in RotS where Dooku takes out Kenobi closely. He kicks Anakin back into a wall, taking him out for about five seconds, while keeping a strong grip on Kenobi, then while Anakin was down, threw Kenobi into a rail, knocking him out. This shows that Dooku not only has a quick and creative mind, but has strong focus. He also has mastered Makashi, which is basically the dueling form, which could almost immediately topple the mighty Obi-Wan Kenobi's Soresu mastery. And since when has the type of weapon had anything to do with anything? Grievous had four freakin' sabers, but Obi-Wan crashed through them like scissors and paper. Dooku could incinerate Maul, there's no doubt there.

As for the Maul vs Ventress fight, Ventress as of Obsession has a 60:50 chance of beating Maul. She managed to send Obi-Wan straight out of a building, which is skill in my opinion. The other forms of Asajj, however, I doubt could quite defeat Maul.

Great Vengeance
Maul received his training directly from Sids...Assajj received her training from Dooku. I dont think Assajj wins IMHO.

Xavius
Originally posted by Escape81
Tell that to Count Dooku's beheaded corpse on Invisible Hand.

It's reasonable to assume, by your reaction of course, that you think age could actually matter in a duel? Especially by the boundaries set upon the Star Wars Universe? Ridiculous. That's pure fallacy, Escape.

Kit Fisto VS Dooku

"Well, I guess Kit would take this because Count Dooku is old."

Y'know, saying that someone would lose a duel while not basing it upon skill but basing it upon age differential could be considered logical fallacy.

Dooku was simply outmaneuvered by Anakin. It had nothing to with age, but it had lots to do with skill.

Qui Gon didn't manipulate to force to strengthen his body. Dark side adepts do that, not Jedi. Jedi do not use the force to generate power throughout themselves, or they wouldn't be Jedi. Your statement is invalid.

Sure he does, but that doesn't mean he's going to put up a good fight. Dooku is pretty damn fast and powerful for his ages, that's undeniable. Maul has the upperhand on that particular classification. Dooku has also mastered a Lightsaber to Lightsaber dueling form. Dooku managed to maintain himself with Yoda, he has bested Mace, he has tooled Kenobi completely and defeated Anakin once in the past. He's pretty damn good. Just because Maul is faster and more powerful doesn't make him good.

It's all about technique. Sure, Maul is fast and he's muscular and powerful, but Dooku has years of experience dueling with his form, he's had a taste of both the Jedi and Sith ways of utilizing the force and he's pretty fast, flexible and powerful himself. Maul isn't going to put up a very long fight, to be honest.

I think Dooku would utterly ravage and destroy Maul in a Lightsaber Duel and a Force duel.

Count Kent
Originally posted by Flammable Fun
Dooku can fight like hell. I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. Watch the part in RotS where Dooku takes out Kenobi closely. He kicks Anakin back into a wall, taking him out for about five seconds, while keeping a strong grip on Kenobi, then while Anakin was down, threw Kenobi into a rail, knocking him out. This shows that Dooku not only has a quick and creative mind, but has strong focus. He also has mastered Makashi, which is basically the dueling form, which could almost immediately topple the mighty Obi-Wan Kenobi's Soresu mastery. And since when has the type of weapon had anything to do with anything? Grievous had four freakin' sabers, but Obi-Wan crashed through them like scissors and paper. Dooku could incinerate Maul, there's no doubt there.

As for the Maul vs Ventress fight, Ventress as of Obsession has a 60:50 chance of beating Maul. She managed to send Obi-Wan straight out of a building, which is skill in my opinion. The other forms of Asajj, however, I doubt could quite defeat Maul.

Don't you mean 60:40? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.