06 Summer Concerts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PINBALL
What concerts are you getting pumped for this summer I am going to Social Distortion and the Warped Tour. It really kicks ass cause there only about 10 days apart...

-hh-
its not in summmer but

August 6 Rock The Bells

i MIGHT go.

Mišt
Its not summer here, but theres like 3 massive raves in the space of a month apartw00t

Slay
Metallica, June 9. w00t

Darth Revan
RHCP and The Mars Volta, August 11th http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/w00t.gif

Alpha Centauri
Most highly, Tool on the 13th and 14th of June, Alice in Chains on the 4th of July (Hopefully), Atmosphere on the 11th of July (Hopefully), The Birthday Massacre on the 20th of July, Isis on the 23rd of July.

-AC

Darth Revan
...Layne Staley is dead. sad

Atmosphere puts on a good show. Know who's opening for them, by any chance?

PINBALL
Man AC looks like you'll be busy.....

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Darth Revan
...Layne Staley is dead. sad

Atmosphere puts on a good show. Know who's opening for them, by any chance?

To be fair, it won't be as good without Staley, but Cantrell did everything anyway. He's an amazing singer, and it's better than say...Queen, who got another singer to replace Mercury. They're not replacing Staley.

Nope, no idea who's opening for Atmosphere.

-AC

Bardiel13
Kamelot, Sept 15th

Flying High
Angels and Airwaves 14th June
T in the Park 8th and 9th of July
Muse (My chemical romance supporting messed) 24th August
Snow Patrol 25th August
Motion City Soundtrack 24th September

smile

Myth
July 29th - A day long annuel concert called Rockfest that usually has 8-10 bands (2-4 that I usually really love). This year it is headlined by Alice in Chains and nobody else has been announced yet. I'm actually kind of disappointed so far because here is an example of a previous Rockfest concert: SOAD, Godsmack, Deftones, Puddle of Mudd, Stereomudd, Saliva, plus a couple extra bands. Hopefully Alice in Chains gets more support of bands I follow more closely.

Less than a week later (Aug 4): Rob Zombie with Anthrax

jaden101
woohoo...my tickets arrived this morning big grin big grin big grin

crazy_c
The Unholy Alliance on November 5th.... Slayer, In Flames, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Thine Eyes Bleed oh my!! It's technically summer in my head all year round so.

Well I'ma gonna see Opeth On Monday so that should be fun!

Flying High
Originally posted by jaden101
woohoo...my tickets arrived this morning big grin big grin big grin
same...brightened up my day big grin

FunkMaster Flex
Warped Tour! Mudwrestling <3 Waterbottle fights <3

Scythe
Ozzfest, July 8th
Oh' Malley's Jazz Festival, June 10th (I'll be performing here as well)
Warped Tour July 7th (Not sure yet, free tickets say otherwise)
Unholy Alliance, Not sure what day I'm gonna go, but for sure when they play in Long Beach
Sounds Of The Underground, Aug 12th
Red Hot Chili Peppers and Mars Volta Aug 22nd
Gwar Aug23rd
Family Values Tour Aug 19 I believe
No Tengo Un Chingado Peso Tour in Mexico (Again, I'll be performing)
And Perhaps I might See The Number 12 Looks Like You.

Flying High
*is trying to get we are scientists,the fratellis and the automatic tickets and is having no luck*

Darth Jello
so far-
Sonic Youth-June 27th
The Adolescents-July 16th

Smasandian
Nine Inch Nails- June 24th.

I was hoping to get Radiohead tickets, but three shows around my area were sold out in minutes. Didnt help that I was in Ireland at the time. Damn those Irish people.

PINBALL
My Social Distortion tickets came!!!

XxXDomLoverXxX
I have already seen my fav band this month :-) Went to see Bon Jovi in Milton Keynes National Bowl uk on the 11th june.
They were fantastic. Jon is the sexiest rocker alive.
Nickleback supported them and they too were fab.
Hope everyone enjoys their summer gigs/festivals etc as i did.
Mel xx

PINBALL
^Nickleback blows....

Scythe
Let's not bash people's favorite bands, it makes you appear ignorant, and retarded.

Morning_Glory
Im going to go see Fiona Apple and Damien Rice in Denver in 2 weeks (July 5) ...in_love I can't wait!

yea don't bash...it is ignorant...and Im sure a lot of you want to bash this post..blah...don't give a sh*t! eek!

Scythe
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Im going to go see Fiona Apple and Damien Rice in Denver in 2 weeks (July 5) ...in_love I can't wait!

yea don't bash...it is ignorant...and Im sure a lot of you want to bash this post..blah...don't give a sh*t! eek!

Why would we? You have your tastes we have ours. Why make a big deal? Some people's minds haven't evolved properly, ignorant slaves.

Because I can
U2 ARE FINALLY COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i"M really PUMPED for it!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!
(November... yay!!)
umm, ben Folds is coming in September... RHCP ARE COMING NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Scythe
Let's not bash people's favorite bands, it makes you appear ignorant, and retarded.

Not really, Nickleback genuinely are well shit.

-AC

PINBALL
^Couldn't be more shit. Who says we cant bash, I am just saying my oponion.....

Smasandian
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Not really, Nickleback genuinely are well shit.

-AC

Dont get me started on Nickleback. Because of Canada's Canadian Content law, we have to listen to them every hour on the radio.....oh god.

Just saw NIN tonight. Very good and real crazy light show. Reznor didnt do alot of talking but he said one thing, " after this little stint, we're going back to record a new album," and then he said something about how the crowd was soo good.

Does anybody know anything about this? Or is he talking about the re-release of Pretty Hate Machine, or is he actually talking about a new album?

Flying High

i like Damien Rice...but i tend to only listen to him when im a little "down"...

Myth
Originally posted by Myth
July 29th - A day long annuel concert called Rockfest that usually has 8-10 bands (2-4 that I usually really love). This year it is headlined by Alice in Chains and nobody else has been announced yet. I'm actually kind of disappointed so far because here is an example of a previous Rockfest concert: SOAD, Godsmack, Deftones, Puddle of Mudd, Stereomudd, Saliva, plus a couple extra bands. Hopefully Alice in Chains gets more support of bands I follow more closely.

So far they have announced Alice in Chains, Seether, Buckcherry, and Evans Blue (never heard of them). I'm kind of disappointed that its not bands I'm a huge fan of, but at least its something new to me. Although, I'm trying to recall if I've seen Seether before or not.

natigirl
I'm going to go see Eddie Money tomorrow at the Marin County Fair. I'm so excited because I've always been a fan of his older music like "Baby Hold On To Me," and "Tickets To Paradise." I've always wondered what happened to him becuase his music was awesome. I'll have to check out his new music on Napsterlinks soon. I wonder if anyone else is going.

Eddie Money - Tickets To Paradise
http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/10062550

Morning_Glory
I'm going to see Ryan Adams in St Louis, MO on Aug 2! eek!heartlovein_love

http://www.arts.telegraph.co.uk/arts/graphics/2006/01/07/bmpopcds199.jpg

PINBALL
Social Distortion this thursday....

RedAlertv2
I cant believe it was 30 bucks to see Social D. Awesome as they are, I think it should have been less

nick1811
Originally posted by crazy_c
The Unholy Alliance on November 5th.... Slayer, In Flames, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Thine Eyes Bleed oh my!! It's technically summer in my head all year round so.

Well I'ma gonna see Opeth On Monday so that should be fun!

woah! im goin to the exact same concerts but at different dates

oh and im seeing Job For a Cowboy on August 13th

Scythe
Originally posted by PINBALL
^Couldn't be more shit. Who says we cant bash, I am just saying my oponion.....

It clearly must say something about bashing another person's interest in the rules, and if there isn't, then there should be. You need to realize that not everyone shares the same views as you do. Not to mention that some, well most, don't share the same mentality. Your insults directed at one of my personal favorite bands will go unheard, however, someone else will take these insults abit too severe. Saying that you don't care will only make you look much more foolish.

Perhaps a few people here agree with what you have to say about Nickelback, I, thank goodness, do not care for them, but let's approach this like adults shall we?

And just like you stated before, you voiced your opinion and I have voiced mine. You don't necessarily have to take it to heart, but I've grown tired of you idiotic bashing.

RedAlertv2

or, in the case of Nickelback, it makes you right.

And its only bashing if he says something along the lines of "You suck because you listen to Nickelback." There is a rule against bashing other members. There is nothing wrong with criticizing a band

Scythe
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
And its only bashing if he says something along the lines of "You suck because you listen to Nickelback." There is a rule against bashing other members. There is nothing wrong with criticizing a band

It's the same sh*t, because people will take it as bashing, not an opinion. People are that moronic.

xLiNdS x 622x
July 11: Panic! At the Disco, Dresden Dolls, The Hush Sound
July 25: Jacks Mannequin, Of a Revolution
July 26: Warped Tour

PINBALL
All I am saying is that I think they are shit. It's my oponion, which I think I am allowed to say....

Myth
I'd have to agree that it wasn't bashing. Maybe not the most mature way of disagreeing with somebody's favorite band but bashing is personal attacks.

Scythe
Still, voicing a rash opinion about a band to these under-developed minds is shallow. Clearly you don't all hope that everyone will agree with your tastes in music?

Here is evidence that people will view opinions as bashing:

This person doesn't know the difference between an opinion, or bashing, all they understand is that you don't agree with them, and they will be hostile if you continue.

So why be shallow? Just read the damn posts, and be glad you don't agree with a person's musical interest. Much like the never-ending pie holes you seem to adorn, we just have to keep quiet, and keep our "important" opinions to yourselves. We're not in elementary school anymore.

RedAlertv2
It's the same sh*t, because people will take it as bashing, not an opinion. People are that moronic. Well its their fault if they listen to Nickelback, and also their fault if they take insults towards Nickelback personally.

Morning_Glory

so amazing!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/fiona10.jpg

PINBALL
Still, voicing a rash opinion about a band to these under-developed minds is shallow. Clearly you don't all hope that everyone will agree with your tastes in music?

Here is evidence that people will view opinions as bashing:

This person doesn't know the difference between an opinion, or bashing, all they understand is that you don't agree with them, and they will be hostile if you continue.

So why be shallow? Just read the damn posts, and be glad you don't agree with a person's musical interest. Much like the never-ending pie holes you seem to adorn, we just have to keep quiet, and keep our "important" opinions to yourselves. We're not in elementary school anymore.

Maybe "under-developed minds" shouldn't post here....

Tptmanno1
Bump back for its original purpose...
Dave Matthews Band- Aug. 25

Scythe
Originally posted by PINBALL
Maybe "under-developed minds" shouldn't post here....

Try and do something about that. I dare you, if you accomplish anything, you'll be my hero.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Bump back for its original purpose...
Dave Matthews Band- Aug. 25

cool happy

PINBALL
Try and do something about that. I dare you, if you accomplish anything, you'll be my hero.
I am just saying that people who have "Underdeveloped minds" should know what they are talking about before posting....What could I do about it anyway, it doesn't bug me that they are talking it gives me something to talk about....

Flying High
plus...everyone has their opinions...i like some music yous would consider good and some that you wouldnt...

Scythe
These comments answer nothing. It's the fact that we live in a society that's in a state of childish.

RedAlertv2
These comments answer nothing. It's the fact that we live in a society that's in a state of childish. Yeah you're right. Society would be a lot better if no one had opinions on anything.

Scythe
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Yeah you're right. Society would be a lot better if no one had opinions on anything.

Not exactly, society would be better if people took as opinions as just that....opinions.

SnakeEyes
Cheese-Itz Christ!

Scythe, I think you just need to learn that on forums (AKA discussion boards) people will express their opinions and many times, not every single person will agree with that view and thus a discussion, or at the very least, a comment will be sparked from that.

You need to accept the fact that certain bands will be bashed on here and if you want to defend that band, than that is, by all means, acceptable. But claiming that that is bashing of a member is simply illogical.

Morning_Glory
get over it already... just post what or who you are going to see this summer... stop this other sh*t already - it's mucking up the thread

SnakeEyes
Agreed.

Anyway; I already went and saw Social Distortion. They were pretty awesome.

This Saturday I'm going to Warped Tour and will be seeing many bands. I'm fairly pumped.

Myth
On Sunday, Warped Tour is going to be on the concert grounds 2 miles from my house. Too bad I'm not going because all the bands SUCK AND SO DOES EVERYBODY WHO LIKES THEM!!!!!!!

Just kidding, but they really aren't my style so I'm not going.

PINBALL
WARPED TOUR TOMORROW!!!!

StinkFist462
not really summer concert, but worth mentioning

ordered my 9/16 Tool ticket. GA. sweet. twice in 1 year.

Morning_Glory
I might go see the Fray in Oct... so not really summer erm ermm o well

Flying High
i think im gona pay a bomb on ebay and see we are scientists again...mwa ha ha stick out tongue

Scythe
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Cheese-Itz Christ!

Scythe, I think you just need to learn that on forums (AKA discussion boards) people will express their opinions and many times, not every single person will agree with that view and thus a discussion, or at the very least, a comment will be sparked from that.

You need to accept the fact that certain bands will be bashed on here and if you want to defend that band, than that is, by all means, acceptable. But claiming that that is bashing of a member is simply illogical.

I know what forums are, and I never thought bashing someones favorite band to be the same as bashing them, I see it more as a false form of baiting. It's not an actual flamebait, but they'll take it in the worse offense.

Me? defend ones favorite band from most uneducated mistakes such as posters? Ofcourse, what I've been trying to do all along. Although I'm doing a very sloppy job at it if i do say so myself, however, the point is, people should learn to not take a post bashing their favorite band too personally, it's all I'm trying to say.

Back on the derailed topic at hand, tickets for Family Values Tour arrived. I shall enjoy seeing Dir En Grey.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by StinkFist462
not really summer concert, but worth mentioning

ordered my 9/16 Tool ticket. GA. sweet. twice in 1 year. i'm going to the one in Detroit on the 22nd of sept. i believe.

Dr. Strangelove
Going to see Tool and Isis on Sept 2. happy

is anyone going to that rock the bells concert in cali?

Myth
Saturday (haven't bought my ticket yet, but probably going):
KUFO's Rockfest 11:
Alice in Chains
Seether
Buckcherry
Evans Blue
Floater
The Bangkok Five
with the following Portland local bands:
Auralust
Shifft
Velabonz
Smoochknob
Western Aerial

Aug 4 (for sure):
Rob Zombie
Anthrax

Aug 8 (most likely):
Alice Cooper

Aug 10 (maybe):
Eagles of Death Metal
Peaches

StinkFist462
gonna go check out muse tonight, pretty excited.

Flying High
im gona try and get Let's Rock Edinburgh tickets smile
cause these bands are going big grin

Feeder
Idlewild
The Futureheads
Rooster
Mystery Jets
Juliette and the Licks
Forward Russia

and other bands i've heard a little from or heard about are going big grin

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Flying High
im gona try and get Let's Rock Edinburgh tickets smile
cause these bands are going big grin

Feeder
Idlewild
The Futureheads
Rooster
Mystery Jets
Juliette and the Licks
Forward Russia

and other bands i've heard a little from or heard about are going big grin

that sounds really good... thumb up have fun

Flying High
yeah...all i need to find is my mum and dad's credit card details now....stick out tongue

jk...dad and brother are going along anyway stick out tongue

PINBALL
All of the concerts I had plans for have come and gone....sad

Morning_Glory
Tomorrow night happy can't wait!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/30secondsticket.jpg

Morning_Glory
Tomorrow night happy can't wait!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/30secondsticket.jpg

just saw 30 seconds to mars tonight... SO GAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!

I want my money back! people were boooing and crap... SUCKED!!!!

Myth
^ laughing ^

Just saw that Rockfest concert I mentioned. Alice in Chains and Seether! Buckcherry was alright and Evan Blue was miserable. Floater was an unexpected surprise though. Reminded me a little of Primus (especially their "Thin Skin" song). They also had motorcross jumping and a bunch of contests.

I won a cooler in an air guitar contest, a Dew Action Sports Tour shirt in a dance off, and tickets to see the Dew Action Sports Tour in a push up contest. After that, they told me I was no longer allowed to participate for prizes. Sad too, because the next contest was a race and I'm a sprinter smile

Myth
Well, watched the Anthrax/Zombie concert.

First, Anthrax was better than expected, but thats probably because I had extremely low expectations for them. They played a little Master of Puppets and that was fun, but the guy didn't even try to sing it. Well, enough about those guys.

Rob Zombie was awesome (of course). He started out with American Witch (duh, it was the American Witch tour). It was f*cking bad ass to be able to hear songs that I've never heard live before. Especially when they started branching off to covers. They did Sweet Dreams (probably because of John 5 from Manson playing guitar). Them playing Enter Sandman had to be the highlight though. Man was that great. The 2nd coolest part had to be John 5 playing Hendrix's version of The Star Spangled Banner with the pick in his teeth. I think I shit myself at that point. Overall, one of the best concerts I've ever been to (#1 was still the first time I saw Zombie because it was outdoors where the sound quality was perfect).

Myth
Am I the only one still going to concerts this summer?

Anyway, I just saw Eagles of Death Metal and Peaches.

EoDM were pretty good. Not quite as good as I had hoped, but I enjoyed them enough for my money's worth.

Peaches............... well, lets just say they weren't that great. The main singer definitely isn't as hot as she thinks she is. They had pretty good stage presence, but the music just wasn't that good (IMO).

bratty_lil_sis
American Idol. On August 20. Got 5 tickets anyone want to go. But if you don't live near Peoria sorry It's at the Peoria civic center.

Morning_Glory
Am I the only one still going to concerts this summer?

no... confused I went to 3 this summmer... and Im going to one in Oct (which i know is the fall but whatever)

bratty_lil_sis
When I goto the American Idol one it will be my 1st consert.

Flying High
im pissed off...let's rock edinburgh has been cancelled...

Myth
Originally posted by bratty_lil_sis
When I goto the American Idol one it will be my 1st consert.

Well, since each person would only sing one song, it will be a little different from conventional concerts, but I hope you enjoy it just the same.

Flying High
i think they each get like 3 songs dont they?

i thought thats how that sorta thing worked...cause she's not going to american idol...shes going to their tour...i think messed

Myth
Oh, ok. Still, not very conventional in the sense of a concert.

Anyway, just got back from seeing Alice Cooper and oh my god it was awesome. Great sound quality plus he puts on a great show. And when I say show with AC, I mean, he actually puts on a show as if it were theater.

Here's a bulleted run down of the physical crap he did:
-comes out with cane in hand spinning it like the badass he is (band members wearing white masks).
-throws the cane to the crowd.
-Pulls out a fensing sword with fake money on it that he shakes into the crowd.
-A girl in leather and a cape comes out with 2 whips. After slashing them around a bit, Alice steals it and whips her. She turns to him and her cape extends like Batman's and she closes the wings around Alice and he disappeared (obviously into the floor).
-Feed my Frankenstein begins and Alice comes back out (with another cane) and assembles a Frankenstein monster (minus the head) in an upright coffin.
-Alice's hot daughter comes out like a zombie ballerina
-Alice is put in a straight jacket for a song
-They play "Welcome to My Nightmare" and wheel out a demented looking bloody wheel chair. They (fake doctor and nurse) "force" Alice into it and he sings through a gassing mask microphone.
-They bring out a guillotine and "chop" Alice's head off. They then walk around with the fake head and drink blood from the neck. The head is then put on the Frankenstein monster and lights blind you before Alice comes back out of the coffin.
-When "School's Out" played, they released giant inflated balls that Alice popped with the fensing sword with confetting going everywhere

I'm sure there was more, but the point is: Alice Cooper puts on a great f*cking show and if you ever get the chance, go see him live.

Morning_Glory
Oh, ok. Still, not very conventional in the sense of a concert.

Anyway, just got back from seeing Alice Cooper and oh my god it was awesome. Great sound quality plus he puts on a great show. And when I say show with AC, I mean, he actually puts on a show as if it were theater.

Here's a bulleted run down of the physical crap he did:
-comes out with cane in hand spinning it like the badass he is (band members wearing white masks).
-throws the cane to the crowd.
-Pulls out a fensing sword with fake money on it that he shakes into the crowd.
-A girl in leather and a cape comes out with 2 whips. After slashing them around a bit, Alice steals it and whips her. She turns to him and her cape extends like Batman's and she closes the wings around Alice and he disappeared (obviously into the floor).
-Feed my Frankenstein begins and Alice comes back out (with another cane) and assembles a Frankenstein monster (minus the head) in an upright coffin.
-Alice's hot daughter comes out like a zombie ballerina
-Alice is put in a straight jacket for a song
-They play "Welcome to My Nightmare" and wheel out a demented looking bloody wheel chair. They (fake doctor and nurse) "force" Alice into it and he sings through a gassing mask microphone.
-They bring out a guillotine and "chop" Alice's head off. They then walk around with the fake head and drink blood from the neck. The head is then put on the Frankenstein monster and lights blind you before Alice comes back out of the coffin.
-When "School's Out" played, they released giant inflated balls that Alice popped with the fensing sword with confetting going everywhere

I'm sure there was more, but the point is: Alice Cooper puts on a great f*cking show and if you ever get the chance, go see him live.

how do you get to see all these concerts? ... where do you live?... Im so jealous... because we don't get a lot of good stuff here (well not in my terms of good)

Dr. Strangelove
Seeing Arch Enemy, Into Eternity, Lamb of God, Megadeth and Opeth on Sept 8 at the Oakland Colosseum. In a weeks span I'm going to see two of the greatest bands to ever walk this green earth.

Life is good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.