knuckles vs shadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

elivanchu

Tallis
Knuckels is way better. He's not a carbon copy of Sonic, like shadow is. And Knuckles is the original

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Tallis
Knuckels is way better. He's not a carbon copy of Sonic, like shadow is. And Knuckles is the original

if you wouldve paid attention to the sonic adventures game, Shadow was created before sonic was even born, because dr.eggman's grandfather had created him, so technically sonic is a copy of Shadow, and shadows faster, and smarter

SHADOW ALL THE WAY

caocao200
No... Sonic and Shadow are a copy of mighty...

also.. knuckles needs a game with him has the main character (no, not chaotix)....

Count Kent
Knuckles wins pretty easily. He has way more raw power.

SpadeKing
but he cant keep up shadow would just run around him in circles and Kuckles would get dizzy and pass out

Count Kent
However Knuckles has mastered the use of all of his senses and his battle concentration is great. IMO, he would tool both sonic and shadow together.

1021kid
Originally posted by Count Kent
However Knuckles has mastered the use of all of his senses and his battle concentration is great. IMO, he would tool both sonic and shadow together. your kidden right he has got alot stronger but shadow has guns and when knuckles would come close he would jump dash him bye bye knuckles

SpadeKing
lol knuckles got beat up one on one by sonic before already laughing
and in my opinion shadow is better

elivanchu
Originally posted by SpadeKing
lol knuckles got beat up one on one by sonic before already laughing
and in my opinion shadow is better

In the begining of sonic 3(megadrive) knuckles defeat sonic with one hit, and sonic was SUPERSONIC in this fight, when knuckles was in his normal form.

Is normal if you think shadow is better than knuckles if you only play the new games. you need to play the old games to see how awesome was knuckles here

ESB - 1138
Shadow would win. Knuckles isn't much stronger then Shadow. Shadow is by far a lot faster then Knuckles. Also Shadow has Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, and Chaos Control.

Knuckles got the jump on Sonic. If it was a fair fight Sonic would have pwned Knuckles like he did in Sonic & Knuckles as normal, Super, or Hyper. Knuckles was alright. I never really cared for him nor Shadow.

By the way Knuckles and Shadow's games sucked. Neither of them were good.

People like Shadow because he is the ultimate rival for Sonic like Metal Sonic once was. Shadow is a loner and keeps to himself like most villains are. Shadow had a past that was a secret which many people liked and they loved the fact that Sonic had someone who was equal to or even better then himself. People started to not like Knuckles as much because he was shown in many new Sonic games as stupid. He was tricked by Eggman...again. And Sonic Heroes ruined it more by having Knuckles help Sonic from the beginning. Knuckles likes Sonic but he doesn't want to help him unless he had no choice.

If anything Sonic Team needs to get rid of all the characters expect Sonic & Tails. Knuckles can appear every now and then. And Shadow can appear as a boss here and there. But Sonic Team is going overboard with all the characters they've been adding lately.

Oh and one more thing...Sonic is the coolest by far.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by elivanchu
In the begining of sonic 3(megadrive) knuckles defeat sonic with one hit, and sonic was SUPERSONIC in this fight, when knuckles was in his normal form.

Is normal if you think shadow is better than knuckles if you only play the new games. you need to play the old games to see how awesome was knuckles here

dude man al he really did was dig up from out of a hole and knocked the emeralds from out of sonic's hand yeah thats really defeating

mixmariobros
shadow is the worts character ever, he is just a sonic rip-off who thinks is cool because he has a gun, ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, amazing roll eyes (sarcastic)

shadow can kiss my ass, to hell with that copy, knuckles kick his ass anyday, he have more charisma,experience and power than shadow

old school> "new school"

knuckles is just too classic to be defeated by a stupid copy who lacks charisma, style, design, ect.

knuckles is the true badass here

KNUNCKLES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHADOW

Pyro Tyrannus
Knuckles isn't a f*ckin slowpoke. If any of you have seen the movie he's kept up with Sonic speedwise. As far as power? Please. . .Knuckles isn't called Knuckles for nothing.

MadMel
yeah thats ture..but he was pretty slow in flight...and he kept up with sonic in some of the games too...cant remember which tho..

Hell's Harmony
And if shadow can go super can knuckles go to?

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by mixmariobros
shadow is the worts character ever, he is just a sonic rip-off who thinks is cool because he has a gun, ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, amazing roll eyes (sarcastic)

shadow can kiss my ass, to hell with that copy, knuckles kick his ass anyday, he have more charisma,experience and power than shadow

old school> "new school"

knuckles is just too classic to be defeated by a stupid copy who lacks charisma, style, design, ect.

knuckles is the true badass here

KNUNCKLES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHADOW

That's Knuckles fanboy to the highest degree. You have no clue about the creation of Shadow do you? Shadow was suppose to be the Dark Link or Dark Samus of Sonic. Oh and Shadow could defeat Knuckles. Knuckles couldn't even beat Sonic and Shadow defeated Sonic while fighting Diablon.

Originally posted by Pyro Tyrannus
Knuckles isn't a f*ckin slowpoke. If any of you have seen the movie he's kept up with Sonic speedwise. As far as power? Please. . .Knuckles isn't called Knuckles for nothing.

The MOVIE is not cannon. Knuckles doesn't even come close to the speed Sonic can reach.

Originally posted by Hell's Harmony
And if shadow can go super can knuckles go to?

No. There is no Super/Hyper Knuckles.

elivanchu
knunckles CAN go super/hyper knunckles

ESB - 1138
No he can't. Look at it like this. Sonic 3 & Knuckles, the cannon storyline was Sonic's not Tails or Knuckles. So Sonic had the 7 Chaos/Super Emeralds throughout Sonic 3 & Knuckles considering you needed them to get Doomsday Zone and beat the game with Sonic 100% which means Tails nor Knuckles could have had the Chaos/Super Emeralds. Besides that Super/Hyper Knuckles is like Amy in Sonic Advance 2. You can unlock Amy but that doesn't mean she was in Sonic Advance 2.

Pyro Tyrannus
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
No he can't. Look at it like this. Sonic 3 & Knuckles, the cannon storyline was Sonic's not Tails or Knuckles. So Sonic had the 7 Chaos/Super Emeralds throughout Sonic 3 & Knuckles considering you needed them to get Doomsday Zone and beat the game with Sonic 100% which means Tails nor Knuckles could have had the Chaos/Super Emeralds. Besides that Super/Hyper Knuckles is like Amy in Sonic Advance 2. You can unlock Amy but that doesn't mean she was in Sonic Advance 2.

Thats idiotic. Sega (the people who created Sonic and Knuckles) websites have said that Knuckles can go Hyper. If you read the comics (canon) you'll see that Knuckles has Chaos Control among other immeasurable powers.

ESB - 1138
The comics are not cannon. The fact is that cannon wise Knuckles and Tails have never gone Super/Hyper. Only Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze. Knuckles has never used Chaos Control.

Also mind giving a link to that information.

Tha C-Master
Knuckles can and has used the power of the emeralds.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Knuckles can and has used the power of the emeralds.

only the master emerald and it use to neutralize the chaos emerald but he has to say some kind of spell/chant thingy so it will work, so he would be dead before he finished it

Demonic Phoenix
Both Black Blur and Knux hate Sonic(2 some extent). So instead of fighting each other, they gang up and kick the shit out of Sonic. If either of them is 2 stubborn to gang up (which wud prob be Knux) and they fight, Shadow wud get his A$$ handed to him

SpadeKing
shadow is faster thats all he needs he can just run around circles on him

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by SpadeKing
shadow is faster thats all he needs he can just run around circles on him

All Knuckles has to do when shadow's running 'circles' around him, is to stick his leg out and then Voila! Shadow's outcoldlaughing

Killer-bone
Originally posted by ESB -1138
The comics are not cannon. The fact is that cannon wise Knuckles and Tails have never gone Super/Hyper. Only Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze. Knuckles has never used Chaos Control.

Also mind giving a link to that information.

You are right about Knuckles and Tails, but Sonic, Shadow and Blaze aren't the only ones. Chaos, Metal Sonic, Black Doom and Biolizard also have super forms.

BTW, Shadow is not a villain, he's an anti-hero.

apiah
if shadow ran circles around him all knuckles gotta do is punch the gorund and cause the ground to shake and then he wud fall and its ova for him

ESB -1138
To bad Shadow hovers over the ground in which case he doesn't touch the ground. Shadow would use Chaos Blast and whip Knuckles away in a single attack or freeze time and beat the crap out of him like that.

FG725
knuckles will dig under ground pop out grab Shadow's leg and pull him under beating the shit out of him muahahahahahahahahahahaha. And doesn't knuckles keep up with sonic in Sonic heroes?

Otus

FG725

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ESB -1138
To bad Shadow hovers over the ground in which case he doesn't touch the ground. Shadow would use Chaos Blast and whip Knuckles away in a single attack or freeze time and beat the crap out of him like that.

What the f**k? Chaos control doesn't freeze time.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
All Knuckles has to do when shadow's running 'circles' around him, is to stick his leg out and then Voila! Shadow's outcoldlaughing

apiah
wow the guy hovers he still aint gonna do ish,,,if u havent noticed knuckles has quick reflexes and has been able to dodge many of sonics attacks so that spped advantage wont work on knuckles u can even watch the cartoon when they fight and yeh knuckles can keep up with sonic at least in the old games...but knuckles will crush shadow all he has to do is get one good shot and knok him in a lake WHERE HE CANT SWIM

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by apiah
wow the guy hovers he still aint gonna do ish,,,if u havent noticed knuckles has quick reflexes and has been able to dodge many of sonics attacks so that spped advantage wont work on knuckles u can even watch the cartoon when they fight and yeh knuckles can keep up with sonic at least in the old games...but knuckles will crush shadow all he has to do is get one good shot and knok him in a lake WHERE HE CANT SWIM The cartoons are non-canon, only the games are; so don't try using that. Sonic's beaten Knuckles before and Shadow could beat Sonic while fighting the Diablon at the same time, though the details of such are sketchy but he didn't seem to even be tired from it. Shadow>Sonic and Diablon>Sonic>Knuckles, see how simple that is? eek!

woody82
Knuckles steals it for me being the better of these twocharacters.

ESB -1138
yet his games manage to suck more then clay aiken
You have no right to talk. Knuckles' game sucked just as much and it barely selled any copies.

wow the guy hovers he still aint gonna do ish,,,if u havent noticed knuckles has quick reflexes and has been able to dodge many of sonics attacks so that spped advantage wont work on knuckles u can even watch the cartoon when they fight and yeh knuckles can keep up with sonic at least in the old games...but knuckles will crush shadow all he has to do is get one good shot and knok him in a lake WHERE HE CANT SWIM

Cartoons are not cannon. And haven't you noticed that for some reason when you have Knuckles at the front of the line in Sonic Heroes all of a sudden you're moving a lot slower. Knuckles cannot even compare to Sonic's or Shadow's speed.

Shadow not only defeated Sonic (who Knuckles could never even stand a chance against) but defeated Diablon at the same time. That's a powerful mech and Sonic at once and Shadow wasn't even tired after the fight.

Shadow > Sonic > Knuckles

Now you Knuckles fanboys have nothing else to say. Fact proves that Shadow can WTFpwn Knuckles.

apiah
no it doesnt u idiot...if u have played old sonic games knuckles can actuallly keep up wit sonic the reason why he was slow in sonic hereos is because they needed balance when you raced other teams cause all the other big people are slowas heck and it wudnt b fair to have knuckles powerful and faster then big the cat and all those other bums...thats the only reason why they made chaotix and amy rose faster then knuckles cause in other games they arent closeto fast just look at sega games or gameboy advance games based on the old sega games knuckles is way faster then evryone except sonic and too bad for u cause shadow isnt betta then sonic if u havent noticed....at the end of the sereie sonic will beat Shadows cause he is THE MAIN CHARACTER laughing and he will crush shadow because knuckles has given sonic some problems before like in sonic x....

ESB -1138
Originally posted by apiah
no it doesnt u idiot...if u have played old sonic games knuckles can actuallly keep up wit sonic the reason why he was slow in sonic hereos is because they needed balance when you raced other teams cause all the other big people are slowas heck and it wudnt b fair to have knuckles powerful and faster then big the cat and all those other bums...thats the only reason why they made chaotix and amy rose faster then knuckles cause in other games they arent closeto fast just look at sega games or gameboy advance games based on the old sega games knuckles is way faster then evryone except sonic and too bad for u cause shadow isnt betta then sonic if u havent noticed....at the end of the sereie sonic will beat Shadows cause he is THE MAIN CHARACTER laughing and he will crush shadow because knuckles has given sonic some problems before like in sonic x....

Sonic X is not cannon. Here's 2 reasons to prove it (I have more but 2 would do)

1.) Chris was NOT around in Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 but in the show he is
2.) Emerl was not defeated by Cream & Cheese but by Sonic but in the show Cream & Cheese defeat Emerl

That's just 2. I could go on and on. and play Sonic 3 & Knuckles and do a race. I was racing my brother (he was Sonic and I was Knuckles) and we were on a straight pass and were neck and neck and he blew right pass me.

And you saw Knuckles is slow in Sonic Heroes to keep balance. In the old Sonic games Sonic couldn't go as fast as he could today and it would be much harder to control.

And you need to rethink that because in Sonic Advance 3 I was racing my friend (I was Tails and he was Knuckles) and guess what; neither had a speed advantage.

Oh and again:

Shadow WTFpwned Sonic and Diablon. Knuckles got WTFpwned by Sonic.

Shadow > Sonic > Knuckles

That simple. And if your only argument is with Sonic X you need to STFU because Sonic X is not cannon.

AngryManatee
man this is like reading the special olympics.

Knuckles ftw anywho cuz I base it off of the comics, and knuckles ruins anyone's shit in the comics, at least since the last time I read them.

MadMel
again..comics are not cannon...in one comic i read, knuckles wasnt even alive...

§P0oONY
I reckon in a fight Shadow would win, I prefer Knuckles as a character though, so I voted him.

ESB -1138
The comics are NOT cannon. Only the games. Not the TV show, not the comics, just the video games.

AngryManatee
Also you could go Super and Hyper with Knuckles in Sonick & Knuckles, with the Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 cartridges attached.

curby
knuckles is way cooler than shadow. in sonic x when shadow fought sonic in some of the last episodes sonic was owned but when knuckles fought shadow a little while after he was actually giving shadow a challenge shadow knew it would waste time so ran away and for those that talking about cannon this not cannon that you need to study your facts knuckles would beat up shadow if shadow doesnt use special abilities like super shadow and chaos control even with knux would still win

BloodRawEngine
First off, that doesn't count to the series' canon being that it didn't occur in the games. Secondly, the only time I recall them ever fighting in Sonic X showed Shadow beating Knuckles pretty soundly after removing the rings on his wrists, although he was visibly winded for a little while after it.

Seriously, Shadow is by chance the most powerful character in the series. He can do anything Sonic does, is physically stronger than nearly everyone except Knuckles, and maybe Omega, and he has the most skill with using the Chaos powers in the games--in the comics, Chaos Knuckles (the green form), was presumably the most powerful Chaos-wielding being on the planet (until dying and coming back in his normal form).

Demonic Phoenix
Chaos Knuckles was likely the most powerful mortal being ever seen on Mobius, even though he could not control his powers.
By virtue of feats, I think he was above his Enerjak form as well.

Also, seriously, who bumped up this shit?
Shadow wins. He's a piece of shit, but he's far more powerful than Knuckles.

BloodRain
Knuckles<Sonic=Shadow<Chaos Knuckles.

For future references are the comics ignored completely?

Demonic Phoenix
More like Chaos Knuckles >>>>>>>>>>>>> Shadow > Sonic > Knuckles.
Chaos Knuckles wasn't even in full control of his powers iirc.
Enerjak Knuckles is IMHO, somewhere in between Chaos Knuckles and Shadow.

Also, yes, comics are ignored. They aren't canon to the Sonic game verse.

BloodRain
IMO Shadow=Sonic until he removes his limiters. Iirc Enerjak lost to Shadow before. (?)

Shame, the best feats would come from there. FTL and making a dimension blow up, ok what about Sonic X? I assume its like the Pokemon anime.

Demonic Phoenix
So far, Shadow has demonstrated the greatest mastery of Chaos related powers, most of which iirc, Sonic cannot use. A few, Sonic cannot use unless he has a Chaos Emerald, or he doesn't use them due to his conscience.

When Knuckles was Enerjak, he never lost to Shadow. He casually beat both Shadow and Sonic. Later, he was in a fairly even battle with Super Sonic, though Enerjak's powers were drained considerably from Eggman's Egg Grapes.

Nope, Sonic X is also not canon to the game-verse.

BloodRain
I think not using chaos powers is a choice, he's more then able too but to unknown levels.

..watched an episode for nothing then. Wonderful.

Demonic Phoenix
AFAIK, he can only use Chaos Control with an Emerald.

AsbestosFlaygon
This is a no-contest.

Shadow is superior in every way.

linkownsyousobs
Shadow has guns big grin

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
This is a no-contest.

Shadow is superior in every way.

Except for Strength, and mastery of Martial Arts perhaps.

AsbestosFlaygon
edit

killermover
Shadow is the only Sonic character I know who pwns Sonic and Eggman on a daily basis plus is a pimp to Rouge and Maria.

He wins.

Flame-LoneWolf
Knuckles would most likley win.

Knuckles has speed. Remember, every couple of pixels in "Sonic & Knuckles" represents a mile and he was close to Sonic in speed. And even Sega has said Knuckles' strength is the equivalent to Sonic's speed and Sonic can run up to 3,000 miles an hour, as fast as sound. That would make Knuckles godly strong, even stronger than Goku without Super Sayain, maybe even with it. He is strong enough to split the hydrogen in the air by punching. When he punches, fire covers his fists, and a punch to the ground can cause fissures. Can Shadow do that? Hell no. Can Shadow even pick up a car? No. Knuckles is by far, without a doubt, the physically strongest thing in the Sonic Universe. And not only does the Red Rad have speed and strength, but skill to boot. Knuckles is an expert in martial arts, if you don't believe me read the SA2 manual. Knuckles has senses beyond anyone in the Sonic series, too (except maybe Sonic), so spinning in a circle is not going to stop him. He is also smart. And yes, Knuckles can go super and even beyond, and has done so in the games and comics. Shadow has never gone hyper either. The only way he might lose is if he loses his cool, and being Knuckles, that can go both ways. He has a huge temper, but despite that can keep his cool pretty well.

Shadow is not the same speed as Sonic and if he has to use a gun like a pussy, Knuckles can still dodge it. When was the last game besides "Shadow the Hedgehog" he has ever used a gun anyway? Nothing except for the beginning and ending of that game was canon anyway so the Diablon argument is automatically invalid. And if Shadow has to be desperate enough to use Chaos Control, I doubt it would do much. If Sonic can do it, I am sure the guardian of the emeralds can figure it out, too. All in all, Shadow wouldn't stand a chance.

I seriously think Shadow is over rated. He is popular the same reason Sasuke is, because he is an emo priss that thinks he is better than everybody and the fan-girls over hype about him, though he is not nearly as bad. I am not saying he can't fight or be cool at times. In fact, Shadow is one of my top five favorite characters, 1. Knuckles 2. Shadow 3. Blaze 4. Sonic and 5. Espio and Shade (can't decide), so I am speaking as a Shadow fan boy, too. I am just saying he is not the strongest creature in Sonic that everyone thinks he is.

MadMel
Originally posted by Flame-LoneWolf
Knuckles has speed. Remember, every couple of pixels in "Sonic & Knuckles" represents a mile Evidence?
And even Sega has said Knuckles' strength is the equivalent to Sonic's speed Evidence?
and Sonic can run up to 3,000 miles an hour, as fast as sound.Actually, Sonic apparently has a max speed of mach 3.
That would make Knuckles godly strong, even stronger than Goku without Super Sayain, maybe even with it.Even if what you said before is true, no... Just no.
He is strong enough to split the hydrogen in the air by punching. When does he do that? Also, that isn't a sign of strength at all.
Can Shadow do that? Probably.
Can Shadow even pick up a car? He can flip a truck with one hand, without effort. That's much heavier than a car. Also, wen had Knux ever lifted a car himself?
Knuckles is by far, without a doubt, the physically strongest thing in the Sonic Universe. I'll admit that he is stronger than Shadow, but not by enough for it to count.
Knuckles has senses beyond anyone in the Sonic series, too (except maybe Sonic), so spinning in a circle is not going to stop him. It is if the person spinning is going three times the speed of sound.
And yes, Knuckles can go super and even beyond, and has done so in the games and comics. Comics and cartoons have not and will never be canon. And those moments in the games are also questionable.
Shadow has never gone hyper either. Why would he need to?
Shadow is not the same speed as Sonic Yes he is. In fact, he may even be faster, due to his shoes. This has been demonstrated multiple times in every game they've both appeared in.
and if he has to use a gun like a pussy, Knuckles can still dodge it.Shadow won't need a gun. Also, evidence?
And if Shadow has to be desperate enough to use Chaos Control, I doubt it would do much. Except for, you know, stopping time, giving Shadow the automatic victory. stick out tongue
If Sonic can do it, I am sure the guardian of the emeralds can figure it out, too. So far, has anyone besides a hedgehog been able to use chaos control? If not, then your argument was less valid than it was to begin with.

Shadow is as fast as Sonic, who is a league above Knuckles in speed. And while Knux may be stronger, Shadow isn't far behind. Shadow's speed and powers give him the win.

BloodRain
1. If Knux can put up a good fight against Sonic then he probably can dodge a bullet, not that Shadow would use guns in fights like these.

2. He's been stated to split hydrogen and be as strong as Sonic is fast, but both of these don't mean much when trying to find out how strong he is.

3. Even Sonic could effortlessly smack cars away (SA2) and how he knocks around/tears apart giant robots.

4. The SA2B manual did say that Sonic was hypersonic iirc (kinda hinted from being faster then the emerald powered Tornado II which is faster then the Mach 1 Tornado) and the Shadow the hedgehog manual says that Sonic is somewhat faster then Shadow. Hmm.

MadMel
1. It's possible, but irrelevant. And I would say he puts up a "good fight" against Sonic. stick out tongue
2. The latter statement seems like hyperbole to me.
3. That's true, I didn't think of that.
4. "somewhat faster" doesn't mean much, and all evidence, (mostly cutscenes from SA2) points to Shadow being able to keep up with with Sonic evenly.

BloodRain
2. True, just a flashy way to say he's strong.

4. From Shadow the Hedgehog's manual. He can rival Sonic's speed but he's still the faster of the two. Even if its not by a lot /shrugs

MadMel
Hmm. It says that "With his powerful body, he can easily rival Sonic's world class speed." But it also says that Sonic's speed is "Second to none."

While the sonic quote seems to be more valid, the whole "easily" line in Shadow's quote just makes that entire thing confusing.

If he could "easily" keep up with Sonic, would that imply that he could still keep up with him, just not so easily?
Whatever, doesn't seem like the gap is much to worry about, and like I said before, they seem to be able to give each other a run for their money. They managed to stalemate each other twice in SA2.

Flame-LoneWolf
Both awesome characters, but if draw isn't an answer then Knuckles wins in my opinion. Shadow needs a chaos emerald to use chaos control.

I am going to say A LOT so I can get this poll over with, and I STILL doubt this will help. By the way, Knuckles didn't win the poll through popularity, Shadow is the second most popular charater in the Sonic Universe while Knuckles is only fourth. 1. Sonic 2. Shadow 3. Tails (lol don't know what happened there, no offence to Tails ^_^') 4. Knuckles.

Nothing in 'Shadow The Hedgehog' was canon except for the beginning, the cg cut scenes, and the end, so the Diablon excuse is invalid, not to mention getting old. And even if it was, Shadow gets stronger with each chaos emerald he has and he had six, SO NO SHIT HE WAS GOING TO BEAT SONIC!!!

1. Knux's attack power is higher (according to Sonic Chronicles).

2. Knux's toughness (defense) is MUCH higher (according to Sonic Chronicles).

3. Knux is Omega's equivalent, and Omega trashed Shad in the future timeline of Sonic '06 (I know the game kinda sucked and made Knux look like kind of a derp, but the proof's in the pudding).

4. Knux doesn't rely on Chaos Emeralds, Air Shoes, guns, or vehicles to win fights. Yes, I'm sure Shad's a better marksman than Knux, but only because he's had so much practice. For the "ultimate life-form", I think he's pretty damn cheap sometimes. (And by the way, I'm convinced that without those shoes of his, he wouldn't be much--if any--faster than Knux.)

5. In Sonic Heroes (a game far superior to '06), you can choose to fight Team Dark as Team Sonic, and Knux can kick both Shadow's and Omega's asses. He sends them flying!

6. If Shad takes off his Inhibitor Rings, he is much more powerful than he normally is, yes, but I have to assume that he did so against Omega in the future (when he got desperate), and STILL lost. Besides, it seems like when he does it, he isn't disciplined enough to contain his own energy. Never looked too highly on that.

7. Shadow is basically Sonic's equal in terms of most of their combat abilities (both can use Chaos Control--along with Silver--both have equal physical strength, both are super-fast), and Sonic got the emeralds knocked outta him when he was SUPER Sonic in Sonic 3. By who? By KNUX.

8. Knux can lift more than any other character in the series, I believe. Maybe Omega can lift the same amount. Definitely WAY more than Shad can lift, at any rate... like, a hundred times more! It's believed he can lift over 100 metric tons, but that's unconfirmed.

9. Knux is quite a bit faster than Omega, as well. Third fastest character overall, unless I'm mistaken. Possibly tied with Tails, Rouge, and Amy. Might be slower than Blaze. Not sure on that one at the moment.

10. Humanity only "fears" Shadow so much because he's the one who goes around and destroys everything (StH), while Knux benignly guards the Master Emerald on Angel Island, not hurting anyone unless he's called to help.

11. I'm sorry to go down to the nitty-gritty level of over-analysis, but anyone who can split the hydrogen molecules... in the air... with... a... PUNCH... is worthy of nothing less than deity status, in my book.

12. Now, he never uses this ability against Shadow, but Knuckles alone can negate the power of Chaos Control, by chanting to the Master Emerald. Hell, it might even affect Shad's other Chaos abilities.

13. The guy can DIG. He's a pro at burrowing through the ground. He can also create earthquakes and fissures.

14. Shad might have the upper hand, just BARELY, in terms of balance and agility, but Knux has so much more raw, heavy power, I doubt it'll make much of a difference in the end. I'd say that Shad has the edge as far as jump height is concerned, as well, except that Knux jumped REALLY high (must've been at least a hundred feet) in SA2 to smash the M.E.

15. Knux can glide. Shad can kinda glide with his shoes but Knuckles' is better.

16. Knux is the only one to have ever broken the M.E. from the outside (with a punch, Chaos dropped on it. And besides, he is the spirit of the M.E). Not totally sure on this one, but he might be the only one capable of that.

17. Knux and Shad both have killer instincts. It's difficult to say who's the better tactician. I say Knux, because Shad can use Chaos Control whenever he wants (unless he doesn't have an Emerald). Again, unconfirmed. They both definitely have greater warrior instincts than Sonic.

18. Knux has worked hard his entire life for the skills he possesses. Shad barely even knows who/what he is, so psychologically, he's less purposeful than Knux.

19. Yes, Shad can blow his way through robots. But remember, they all can.

20. He can swim better than the hedgehogs because they can't even swim. -_-'

Yes, I am re posting this so shut the **** up. Plus I did edit this a bit.

Knuckles would most likley win.

Knuckles has speed. Remember, every couple of pixels in "Sonic & Knuckles" represents a mile and he was close to Sonic in speed. And even Sega has said Knuckles' strength is the equivalent to Sonic's speed. Sonic can run faster than light, and if you don't believe me than here w w w . t h i s i s f a k e d i y . c o . u k / a r t i c l es/g a m e s / h a p p y - b i r t h d a y - s o n i c on number 5 it was posted by Jazwares (Sorry for the spaces, won't let me post this otherwise...). That would make Knuckles godly strong. He is strong enough to split the hydrogen in the air by punching. When he punches, fire covers his fists, and a punch to the ground can cause fissures. Can Shadow do that? No. Knuckles is by far, without a doubt, the physically strongest thing in the Sonic Universe. And not only does the Red Rad have speed and strength, but skill to boot. Knuckles is an expert in martial arts, if you don't believe me read the SA2 manual. Knuckles has senses beyond anyone in the Sonic series, too (except maybe Sonic), so spinning in a circle is not going to stop him. He is also smart. And yes, Knuckles can go super and even beyond, and has done so in the games and comics. Shadow has never gone hyper either. The only way he might lose is if he loses his cool, and being Knuckles, that can go both ways. He has a huge temper, but despite that can keep his cool pretty well.

Shadow is not the same speed as Sonic (said in one of the game manuals but can't remember which one) and if he has to use a gun, Knuckles can still dodge it. If he can fight Sonic than he can dodge a bullet. When was the last game besides "Shadow the Hedgehog" he has ever used a gun anyway? And if Shadow has to be desperate enough to use Chaos Control, I doubt it would do much. If Sonic can do it, I am sure the guardian of the emeralds can figure it out, too. Plus he can negate the Chaos Emeralds power so he could possibly block out Shadow's powers.

I seriously think Shadow is over rated. He is popular the same reason Sasuke is, because he is an emo priss that thinks he is better than everybody and the fan-girls over hype about him, though he is not nearly as bad. I am not saying he can't fight or be cool at times. In fact, Shadow is one of my top five favorite characters, 1. Knuckles 2. Shadow 3. Blaze 4. Sonic and 5. Espio and Shade (can't decide), so I am speaking as a Shadow fan boy, too. I am just saying he is not the strongest creature in Sonic that everyone thinks he is. Sorry I wrote so much....

Enfathiel
Sonic > Knuckles > Silver = Shadow.

Imo.

Flame-LoneWolf
Originally posted by Enfathiel
Sonic > Knuckles > Silver = Shadow.

Imo.

How does that work?

Enfathiel
Sonic has defeated both Silver and Shadow, Knuckles stalemated Sonic a long time ago.

But that was a long time ago, so It might be:

Sonic > Silver = Shadow >= Knuckles

Flame-LoneWolf
Sonic has defeated both Silver and Shadow, Knuckles stalemated Sonic a long time ago.

Sonic > Silver = Shadow >= Knuckles

Oh I see. That makes sense, but didn't Shadow beat Silver?

Enfathiel
Oh I see. That makes sense, but didn't Shadow beat Silver?

To my rememberance, Shadow and Silver stalemated in their fight, but then Shadow pulled out a Chaos Emerald to take the upper hand.

However, Silver had one too, so It was of little consequence.

Flame-LoneWolf
To my rememberance, Shadow and Silver stalemated in their fight, but then Shadow pulled out a Chaos Emerald to take the upper hand.

However, Silver had one too, so It was of little consequence.

Oh, okay. Oh, and Sonic and Knuckles' fight was only maybe a year ago or less, maybe a bit more. If you look in the manual for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Knuckles is 15, and in the present games Knuckles is 16.

Flame-LoneWolf
Although I did forget about the Sonic Adventure fight with Sonic and Knuckles. They still tied.

Enfathiel
Although I did forget about the Sonic Adventure fight with Sonic and Knuckles. They still tied.

Indeed. But Generations Sonic is basically stronger than all of them. He's doing some really ridiculous stuff.

So I think Knuckles can still be over Shadow, anyway.

Flame-LoneWolf
Indeed. But Generations Sonic is basically stronger than all of them. He's doing some really ridiculous stuff.

So I think Knuckles can still be over Shadow, anyway.

I agree.

killermover
Shadow wins, on account of being more or less a matter manipulator and equal to the fastest character in speed. Seriously, Play generations, Shadow matches Sonic's speed perfectly.

killermover

Sonic > Silver = Shadow >= Knuckles Due to PIS, In Generations Sonic needed powerups to beat Shadow. And Shadow was holding back didn't realease his inhibitors.

Silver was easily keeping up with Sonic, and could have TKd Sonic with his psychic powers if he wanted in his fight in Generations.

Most likely Knuckles couldn't have match that power, and Sonic has defeat Knuckles before, in the Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 3.

It's more like.

Shadow + Unreleased > Sonic=Silver > Knuckles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.