Ghost rider meets.....Ghost rider ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Ok , so I was watching the Ghost rider trailer a few day's ago (I can't get enough of the 'riding up the skyscraper' scene cool )

But a certain scene got me thinking , or to be more exact....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/Ghostrider.jpg

...this scene.

Now , we can clearly see Johnny Blaze on the flaming motorcycle . But who is this 'desperado' like figure racing behind him on a (clearly) undead horse ?

I think it's Ghost rider .

Now I can understand your reactions 'But Grey Fox , the only ghost rider rides on a motorcycle' (as their have been several different 'Riders' , but they all rode upon flaming choppers)

This is not the case.

Long before Roy Thomas had come up with the idea of 'Stunt-Master' (The basis from which Ghost rider would be created) his partner Gary Freidich had created a Western Themed gunman called ..yup you guessed it; Ghost Rider.

Now after the demonic version of Ghost rider (Motorcycle) was created , the 'Old' Ghost Rider's name was changed to Phantom Rider .

I think that cowboy on the horse is in fact the same Ghost rider , incorporated into the film as a sense of past to the demonic purveyor of vengeance.

If so it would have been a great way of revitalising a dead character. I'm kinda excited about it as well , if anyone has any comments of thought's I'd like to hear them .

Note : The trailer I watched is a remix with a meatloaf song , if anyone wants to see it click here .

A.J
Ill have a look to stop moaning wink pretty cool, will watch it after all.

Psyquis52
It's nice to hear someone else say it. I've heard a lot of people say a lot of things about it and yet not one person has come to that conclusion.

I concur. I thought the same thing from the moment I saw it.
It must be Ghost Rider. Maybe there will be a conversation like:

Old Ghost Rider: ....
New Ghost Rider: ....
Old Ghost Rider: *turns head and opens mouth*
New Ghost Rider: *pantomimes that he can't hear what he's saying*
Old Ghost Rider: ....
New Ghost Rider: ....
Old Ghost Rider: *points at something up ahead*
New Ghost Rider: *pantomimes that he doesn't know what he's pointing at but he's going to leave now. Nice meeting you*
Old Ghost Rider: *waits until New Ghost Rider is a safe distance away and then gives him the finger.*

MadMel
Rofl

grey fox
Originally posted by Psyquis52
It's nice to hear someone else say it. I've heard a lot of people say a lot of things about it and yet not one person has come to that conclusion.

I concur. I thought the same thing from the moment I saw it.
It must be Ghost Rider. Maybe there will be a conversation like:

Well it is a interesting type of crossover (in a sense)

Scoobless
So..... was that film supposed to have come out in February? did it go straight to DVD?

Revo
Originally posted by Scoobless
So..... was that film supposed to have come out in February? did it go straight to DVD?

Yeah, it comes out in February....2007.

HellMaster93
LOL... I'm looking forward to this actually...

ScarletSpider
The preview actually looked kind of entertaining. I don't think it'll be a great movie, but Cage is a usually entertaining actor, I think it'll be a fun popcorn flick at least.

As to the guy on the horse, I don't think it's going to be a retooled Phantom Rider since aside from his original name, he has nothing to do with the Johnny Blaze mythos.

I'm wondering if Horse Ghost Rider guy might be some sort of Noble Kale apparation, if they're going to delve that deep into Ghost Rider continuity, since Noble was active in the 1700s, and would perhaps have made usage of equestrian travel, demonic or otherwise.

HellMaster93
Sounds weird wither way...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.