The official FISHING thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lugia's_Trainer
This is the best and probably only thread for fishing so come on down all you fishing freaks and let the threading begin woohoo ya!!
boat boatrolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughingboat boat rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

LanceWindu
Should this be in the sports forum?

Thorinn
fishing isn't fun, no matter how many people tell you it is.

Floigen
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Should this be in the sports forum?
is fishing a sport?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Floigen
is fishing a sport?

Yeah, they have competitions.

wuTa
So does horseshoes, but I would hardly consider that a sport

Floigen
Yeah, they have competitions. does that make poker a sport?

Thorinn
no.

LanceWindu
does that make poker a sport?

Do a Google on Sport Fishing...

Floigen
think about it, a sport involes exercise. fishing doesnt

LanceWindu
Originally posted by wuTa
So does horseshoes, but I would hardly consider that a sport

Horseshoes are a sport, just not mainstream or professional.

LanceWindu
think about it, a sport involes exercise. fishing doesnt

Do you consider bowling a sport then? Fat people bowl, it's not exercise.

Floigen
Do you consider bowling a sport then? Fat people bowl, it's not exercise. nope bowling isnt a sport

LanceWindu
nope bowling isnt a sport

Bullshit. smile

Thorinn
Do you consider bowling a sport then? Fat people bowl, it's not exercise. laughing out loud

bowling is a sport, espn carries it.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Thorinn
laughing out loud

bowling is a sport, espn carries it.

My point exactly! It's a sport, just as much as Sport Fishing is.

Thorinn
well espn also carries world series of poker...hmm and i wouldn't consider that a sport.

Skeets
Espn Shows Fishing aswell.........

Pink Maynard
Fishing is a sport
bowling is a sport
cards aint not no sports
lets make Magic the Gathering a sport, while we're at it

*eats ken*

Thorinn
well we got off topic fast.

Skeets
Originally posted by Thorinn
well we got off topic fast.
Shut up......ermm

Thorinn
Originally posted by Skeets
Shut up......ermm no......ermm

Lugia's_Trainer
omg guys fishing is a sport it takes alot of practice patiance and strength to pull a fish out specially when they weigh about 50-150 pounds if fishing isnt considerered a then niether is bowling or pool

Mr. Bacon
fishing rocks w00t

and poker and golf and hockey and football

WrathfulDwarf
Technically....fishing can be consider a sport...but it also is consider a hobby. I would leave the thread here for now...but if you guys feel it belongs in the sports forum I can move it or another mod will move it.

Quite frankly...I love fishing! I just enjoy fresh water fishing. Nothing makes me feel so relax like a sunday afternoon near a lake and listening to the ball game on my radio. I don't do fishing professionally is mostly for outdoors recreation. happy

Skeets
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Technically....fishing can be consider a sport...but it also is consider a hobby. I would leave the thread here for now...but if you guys feel it belongs in the sports forum I can move it or another mod will move it.

Quite frankly...I love fishing! I just enjoy fresh water fishing. Nothing makes me feel so relax like a sunday afternoon near a lake and listening to the ball game on my radio. I don't do fishing professionally is mostly for outdoors recreation. happy

Damn your getting old......... stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Hahaha! That's what all my ex girfriends say about me.... "You're too old fashion". That's why they never like going out fishing with me...wink

wuTa
I love fishing myself. but I don't consider it a sport...We had a topic like this in the sports forums a few years ago about this type of thing....Bowling mabye considered a sport, but it doesn't take any athletiscism at all, its more of a hobby.....you can say "but its on Espn", so is the olympics for dogs, so is poker....so poke players are athletes now?....To me a sport must require some sort of atheleticism, not just handeye cordination, bluffing your way throug a hand, ect.....if you can drink alcohol, and than actually peform better in that "sport" while doing it (i.e. fishing, or horseshoes) than its not a real sport...its just competition, if that...and before anyone shits an intestine, I know everyone doesn't think like this, this is just my opinion on the subject

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.