Anyone else like the scene when Mystique lost her powers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I did! I hope the upcoming DVD has an extended version of that scene. happy

InnerRise
The scene itself looked nice, but I still didn't like the fact that she lost her powers and was out for the rest of the movie.

That said. It's been said that almost no scenes were cut from the movie so I doubt you'll get an extended scene.

is it comprehensible.....

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Oh that would be nice .... for...err...cinematic reasons.

WrathfulDwarf
Best scene in the entire movie. thumb up

(at least for me)

InnerRise
Your intentions completely went over my head.

I get it now.

Kal875
Originally posted by InnerRise
The scene itself looked nice, but I still didn't like the fact that she lost her powers and was out for the rest of the movie.

That said. It's been said that almost no scenes were cut from the movie so I doubt you'll get an extended scene.

is it comprehensible..... Mystique had a huge part in 1 and 2 plus half of the 3rd

And that was a good scene!

cain marko
i really liked it. well played. and the fact that mystique was out allowed new characters. yet altho i loved the film they werent all properly developed. seedlings me thinks stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kal875
Mystique had a huge part in 1 and 2 plus half of the 3rd

And that was a good scene!
Yes she has more parts in 1 and 2. Not HUGE, but she had more.

And your point is........

What does that have to do with what I said and about X3.

I would have liked to have seen her more in X3.

WrathfulDwarf
I didn't like how they made Mystique into a snitch in this film. That was just not appealing...

LanceWindu
I like boobies.

The Pict
hmm you are not alone there but i had mixed views of mystique losing her powers, seeing her in the buff was sweet but the importance of her character was downsized in a BIG way, especially as she is magneto's right hand (wo)man in the first two movies.

FG725
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I like boobies.
boooobiiees droolio

Darth Martin
Good scene, but I didn't like her losing her powers either and the way magneto just left her there.

The Pict
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Good scene, but I didn't like her losing her powers either and the way magneto just left her there.

i like the way magneto left her which ive mentioned before.

Icicle
It was a great scene, and very well done, however they could have done with out the nakedness smile

roughrider
Originally posted by Icicle
It was a great scene, and very well done, however they could have done with out the nakedness smile

How is that possible? Mystique wears no clothes, so losing her powers made her (literally) naked. And we didn't see anything anyway. It makes it that much more sorrowful when Erik abandons her.

And I know people want more of her. Read enough fans, who want more of everything...the film can't be five hours long.

The scene is also interesting as a test for Erik, because Raven was his closest member of the Brotherhood. Her losing her powers early, we see how far he's willing to go. He is sad, but he chose his mission a long time ago; no regular humans can join him. Pyro was shocked at leaving her, but understood it was the only thing for them to do. I know I heard females in the theatres gasp, when he says "You're not one of us, anymore." sad

chucktaylor
Nakedness....yum.

I completely feel what roughrider says...sad Quite sad...

smiley8
I didn't like how they made Mystique into a snitch in this film. That was just not appealing...

but after the way magneto treated her..........she would want revenge

Darth Jello

I think you already have an extended version in your pants.

Anyway, she would have been hotter if they kept the red hair and made her ginger.

mmmmm rufosity....

cain marko
Originally posted by Icicle

the nakedness was also important because it is evident she is a beautiful woman and eric says she used to be so beautiful

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think you already have an extended version in your pants.

Anyway, she would have been hotter if they kept the red hair and made her ginger.

mmmmm rufosity....

Gingers have no soul.

I like to entertain a notion that she did it for Magneto..since it was a trap....you know,....well....

WrathfulDwarf
I understand her need for revenge....but a snitch? She's a cool villain but being a snitch...nah.

smiley8
did mystique know she was feeding the feds false info on where magneto is gathering his troops?

SpyCspider
well....Magneto and his brotherhood WERE there before...so Mystique probably didn't know they've already left for Alcatraz, leaving Multiple Man there as a decoy...

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by FG725
boooobiiees droolio
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Sam Z
Originally posted by FG725
boooobiiees droolio

yes

Icicle
Originally posted by roughrider
How is that possible? Mystique wears no clothes, so losing her powers made her (literally) naked. And we didn't see anything anyway. It makes it that much more sorrowful when Erik abandons her.

And I know people want more of her. Read enough fans, who want more of everything...the film can't be five hours long.

The scene is also interesting as a test for Erik, because Raven was his closest member of the Brotherhood. Her losing her powers early, we see how far he's willing to go. He is sad, but he chose his mission a long time ago; no regular humans can join him. Pyro was shocked at leaving her, but understood it was the only thing for them to do. I know I heard females in the theatres gasp, when he says "You're not one of us, anymore." sad

Your right, lol I was wrong.
I didn't think of that when I posted embarrasment

Kal875
Originally posted by Sam Z
yes Ok, I think we established the fact that almost, (yes thats an almost) everyone in this thread likes boobies

manjaro
when she curled up in the fetus postion i wish that cold steel floor was my face......mmmmmhhmmmm......face

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by smiley8
did mystique know she was feeding the feds false info on where magneto is gathering his troops?

Good question...I don't think she knew of Magneto's plans after he had recruited Jean

Maybe she wasn't even aware...

cain marko
Originally posted by SpyCspider
well....Magneto and his brotherhood WERE there before...so Mystique probably didn't know they've already left for Alcatraz, leaving Multiple Man there as a decoy...
she was with mags when recruitin the mutants and deciding on them so maybe she knew he was gonna use MM as a decoy?

InnerRise
Not really, b/c he didn't know there abilities before releasing them.

When he first saw Multiple Man he said something along the lines of, "We can use a man of your abilities".

Which tells me he was just finding out then what they could do and didn't have anything already planned for him.

Black Rob
It looked to me like Pyro and Juggs wanted her to stay

Black Rob
Good question...I don't think she knew of Magneto's plans after he had recruited Jean

Maybe she wasn't even aware... The whole thread is a spoiler so that's really unnecessary

The Pict
i think magneto just outsmarted everyone with the multiple man ploy.

Blue_Hefner
Yeah she's hot

willRules
Originally posted by The Pict
i think magneto just outsmarted everyone with the multiple man ploy.

Yeah smile

And Xavier fooled everyone with his "death" at the Grey's residence.

It's understandable why they were friends, they are both very cunning men.

smiley8
But i don't think Xavier purposefully fooled everyone like magneto, that was the only way a part of him could survive.

West
I think it wasn`t good idea to left Mystique without her powers.
She was the best negative mutant I think...

The Pict
i guess though the idea was to have the x-men movies finished at three. taking powers away from mutants ties up some loose ends.

Black Rob
All i know is he should've at least gave a proper "goodbye"naughty

roughrider
Originally posted by Black Rob
All i know is he should've at least gave a proper "goodbye"naughty

Sick puppy. She was more like a daughter to him, than a companion.

Black Rob
Sick puppy. She was more like a daughter to him, than a companion. Yeah ok...right... wink

Kal875
Originally posted by Black Rob
It looked to me like Pyro and Juggs wanted her to stay she was a very beautiful, very naked girl on the floor, of course they wanted her to stay!

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Same here,man!
Mystique is the most interesting character!She's great but they had to make someone loose it's powers and reveal the secrets of how to eliminate Magneto ,to police.. wink

WrathfulDwarf
Sick puppy. She was more like a daughter to him, than a companion.

So Mystique could call Magneto "Sugga Daddy"? stick out tongue

botcherby
The cure is temporary, its all good in the hood

kanis
devil if magneto's powers were returning maybe hers would to even quicker than his would because he was injected with three needles full of the cure and her just one maybe rogue's abilities will return to.

Kal875
Right when there having sex! laughing

InnerRise
Sick puppy. She was more like a daughter to him, than a companion. Do you not remember in the first movie when Magneto was like "You'd be surprised at the things that she (Mystique) can do".

You could tell by the tone of his voice and his satisfied expression that he wasn't talking about her fighting skills, but her skills in another particular area of expertise.

The Pict
isn't that in the second movie? when they are in the x-jet at alkaline lake??

InnerRise
Originally posted by The Pict
isn't that in the second movie? when they are in the x-jet at alkaline lake?? Yeah I immediately noticed that while rereading it just now.

It was in the 2ND MOVIE people. The SECOND MOVIE.

The Pict
yeah i kinda wondered what he meant as well.

Kal875
Originally posted by InnerRise
Yeah I immediately noticed that while rereading it just now.

It was in the 2ND MOVIE people. The SECOND MOVIE.

is it comprehensible..... lol

allofyousuckkk
ahh....so, *looks around* i see everyone likes the idea of a blue scaly naked women....hmmm

quiqueg34
Any pictures of this?

InnerRise
Did you not see the movie?

Phoenix Forever
i saw it did you see the look on her face when she left? there was something going on there...

The Pict
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
ahh....so, *looks around* i see everyone likes the idea of a blue scaly naked women....hmmm

who can look like any woman you want.

Ieatbabies
I was expecting a little more emotion out of the scene from Magneto. He came off as cold, and heartless (which was expected) but for me personally, I saw an attachment between he and mystique so I was expecting something different...

The scene was good though. I liked Multiple Man, hated Juggs, and I liked how Mystique was able to get her self out of her cell, with her feet. lol Pyro was cool when he blasted that guy.

Richie3000
There is something wrong with the way the director of the current X-Men movie handled Mystique's loss of powers. It is to my understanding that her original form is blue-skinned, not pink. Therefore, when she lost her powers, the only thing that could have changed within her was her morphing abilities.

To affirm my views, in X-Men 2, Nightcrawler asks Mystique why she doesn't change and pretend to be normal all the time. She answers, "Because we shouldn't have to." Or, something like that. This goes to show that she recognizes that her true form is blue-skinned.

In addition, in the first X-Men movie, after Wolverine punctures her in the stomach, she passes out, reverting back to what appears to be her true form: blue-skinned.

The serum she was injected with will only stop her powers of transformation. When she became pink / white-skinned, the serum not only neutrilized said powers, but transformed her from one race to another. Clearly, the parameters of the serum have gone way and beyond the original set of rules.

By the same token, Beast should not have been affected because his change was caused by chemical experimentation that altered his DNA. Not only his skin, but also his powerfully muscular features are a NATURAL state for him. If you try to "cancel" his powers, his NATURAL physique demands that he still looks like a beast, and still be as strong as a gorilla.

It is true that I did not graduate from M.I.T with a doctorate degree in rocket science. But, I can still make sense of what is supposed to be logical. And, in this case, logic is out of whack.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Richie3000
There is something wrong with the way the director of the current X-Men movie handled Mystique's loss of powers. It is to my understanding that her original form is blue-skinned, not pink. Therefore, when she lost her powers, the only thing that could have changed within her was her morphing abilities.

Her original form is blue b/c she is a mutant. She mutated into having blue skin.

To affirm my views, in X-Men 2, Nightcrawler asks Mystique why she doesn't change and pretend to be normal all the time. She answers, "Because we shouldn't have to." Or, something like that. This goes to show that she recognizes that her true form is blue-skinned.

Once again. Yes her true form is blue b/c she is a mutant who was mutated that way.

In addition, in the first X-Men movie, after Wolverine punctures her in the stomach, she passes out, reverting back to what appears to be her true form: blue-skinned.

Yes her true form is blue b/c she is a MUTANT with blue skin. Why would she revert to a human being. Being killed isn't the cure to mutancy you know. She would still be a mutant if she died.

The serum she was injected with will only stop her powers of transformation. When she became pink / white-skinned, the serum not only neutrilized said powers, but transformed her from one race to another. Clearly, the parameters of the serum have gone way and beyond the original set of rules.

No the serum is doing exactly what it was made to do. Get rid of mutants and turn them into human beings.

Part of Mystique's mutancy is her blue skin, so when she got injected she rightfully lost her transforming ability and blue skin.

If she kept her blue skin the serum wouldn't be right and it wouldn't make since for her to lose her morphing ability and not her blue skin.

Think about it.

By the same token, Beast should not have been affected because his change was caused by chemical experimentation that altered his DNA. Not only his skin, but also his powerfully muscular features are a NATURAL state for him. If you try to "cancel" his powers, his NATURAL physique demands that he still looks like a beast, and still be as strong as a gorilla.

Once again you're making the same mistakes as you did with Mystique so all you need to do is read what I wrote about Mystique and apply it to Beast.

It is true that I did not graduate from M.I.T with a doctorate degree in rocket science. But, I can still make sense of what is supposed to be logical. And, in this case, logic is out of whack.
I don't think the logic is what's out of whack.

Richie3000

InnerRise

Richie3000

smiley8
I agree, never a truer word said!

Emma718
Originally posted by Kal875
she was a very beautiful, very naked girl on the floor, of course they wanted her to stay!

i agree with that..did u see how Pyro was looking at her with her nakedness...whoa lol

InnerRise

allofyousuckkk
i was under the impression that mystique didn't gain her powers until she was at least old enough to go to school.......so, maybe she was "pink" before that and when her mutant powers began to show up, her skin changed as well. Then she was cured. The skin came with her powers.

That's like saying Wolverine's claws would dissapear if he was cured.
They didn't come with his power, so he would keep them.

Besides, if Mystique's parents tried to kill her, wouldn't they have doen it after her powers emerged. And if she had always had her powers, couldn't they just have thrown her off a bridge or somehting when she was a baby...Just a thought.

InnerRise
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
i was under the impression that mystique didn't gain her powers until she was at least old enough to go to school.......so, maybe she was "pink" before that and when her mutant powers began to show up, her skin changed as well. Then she was cured. The skin came with her powers.

That's like saying Wolverine's claws would dissapear if he was cured.
They didn't come with his power, so he would keep them.

Besides, if Mystique's parents tried to kill her, wouldn't they have doen it after her powers emerged. And if she had always had her powers, couldn't they just have thrown her off a bridge or somehting when she was a baby...Just a thought.
Umm just Whoa.

You're way into another whole conversation that we haven't even touched.

And your analogy to Richie's point of view is quite right in what you're trying to say but I understand.

FlameAngel14
It was a really well shot scene and i totally understand the nakedness. but y did her hair go black after getting shot if it was red before? the red looked cool!

InnerRise
Originally posted by FlameAngel14
It was a really well shot scene and i totally understand the nakedness. but y did her hair go black after getting shot if it was red before? the red looked cool!
Obviously her hair turning red was part of the mutation and was black before she mutated.

quiqueg34
Yeah I saw the movie! I would like the picture as a wallpaper or screensaver. You've replied to other threads of mine regarding the movie... have you seen the movie... silly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.