Aquaman vs Ares(MU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Can the wet man beat the God Of War? Remember, Aquaman is about class 75, and so is ares. Aquaman gets his hand and Ares the battle ax and sword he used so well in Ares #1.

Who wins??

roughrider
How is Arthur's durability? Ares can take a lot of damage, and deal out even more. I think the savage God Of War wins.

Sea King
Originally posted by roughrider
How is Arthur's durability? Ares can take a lot of damage, and deal out even more. I think the savage God Of War wins.

depending witch if it waterbearer aquaman seen in my sig then it would be a bad@$$ fight cause aquaman is in the lower 100 class and he can take gun shots to his body without harm

Sea King
i dont think aquaman would win but he would be a bad@$$ in this fight

UniOmni
Sorry, but class 100 Aquaman doesn't exist.

Sea King
Originally posted by UniOmni
Sorry, but class 100 Aquaman doesn't exist.

sorry but the one with the magic hand yea him
thats his class lower 100

UniOmni
Still not buying what you're selling buddy. Thing has lifted things that weigh thousands of tons. Still not class 100. Class 100 means you're thew elite top tier.

Sea King
Still not buying what you're selling buddy. Thing has lifted things that weigh thousands of tons. Still not class 100. Class 100 means you're thew elite top tier.

well u dont have to by anything go read the respect tread for him
and hes beat the liveing snot out of M.Manhunter with pure Strength before smile
u havent read any of his comics after he got his new hand have u??

Grimm22
Hmm, as badass as Ares is, Aquamaan mindrapes him wink

Sea King

Can u even name Aquamans powers??

Sea King
Originally posted by Grimm22

never thought about that

Sea King
Bump

UniOmni
The only physical confrontation between MM and Aquaman that I remember, had MM disguised as Superman. He took the hit, and was totally fine afterward. Unless you have another example to show?

Sea King
The only physical confrontation between MM and Aquaman that I remember, had MM disguised as Superman. He took the hit, and was totally fine afterward. Unless you have another example to show?

Before i show u anything answer my question do u know ALL OF HIS POWERS??

Lucid Lui
The only physical confrontation between MM and Aquaman that I remember, had MM disguised as Superman. He took the hit, and was totally fine afterward. Unless you have another example to show? Well, there was the time when Aquaman used a fake napalm hand which lit MM up.

He was also fighting Malefic while de-hydrated and doing ok.

UniOmni
He has telepathy, some super strength, is fast as hell, and can control animals of the sea

Sea King
He has telepathy, some super strength, is fast as hell, and can control animals of the sea

ok but thats not all hes super durable because he can with stand the ocean buttom he has the abilty to take away any kind of mutation he can heal people he never has to go back to the water has compleat molecular control of water he remains at 100% of power out of water and his magic hand is what increased his strength to lower 100 class

as for him fighting mm LL already menchined it

um aquaman is one of the lower eleit now belive it or not

aquafan
Yea, thats showing him Sea King.....aquamans awesome!!!!

UniOmni
Only three fans of his exist on the internet. And they all post on this board. The lamest character surely to have the pluckiest fans.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Grimm22

What the f**k? you can't mindrape a god, epecially a God of War.

aquafan
Only three fans of his exist on the internet. And they all post on this board. The lamest character surely to have the pluckiest fans.

Look bub....you are clueless of aquamans popularity, I am living in Manchester, and like Berlin aquaman is one of the most famous. You have been abysmally slapped around in this debate, showing no knowledge whatsoever. Since you are lacking in the grey matter and cannot suggest something constructive I advise you to keep your fingers of the keyboard.

Sea King
Originally posted by aquafan
Look bub....you are clueless of aquamans popularity, I am living in Manchester, and like Berlin aquaman is one of the most famous. You have been abysmally slapped around in this debate, showing no knowledge whatsoever. Since you are lacking in the grey matter and cannot suggest something constructive I advise you to keep your fingers of the keyboard.

ha sweet big grin

olympian
"and hes beat the liveing snot out of M.Manhunter with pure Strength before"

Your overrating a punch that MM made it happen on porpuse. Thats not a beating in any way, shape or form.

Arthur never beat MM that i know.

As for Ares, before this more badass credit of late he has looked good against Namor ( probabaly more than once even, im thinking of two encounters right off the bat, ask DarkCrawler) and Namor was always above Arthur physically.

Probably Arthur can take it if uses TP, altho thats not a automatic win. I dont see the WH do much to someone who usually doesnt cast magic but instead amps his weapons efficiency with it.

Sea King
Originally posted by olympian

Your overrating a punch that MM made it happen on porpuse. Thats not a beating in any way, shape or form.

As for Ares, before this more badass credit of late he did pretty good against Namor more than once, and Namor was always above Arthur physically.

Probably if he uses TP, altho thats not a automatic win. I dont se the WH do much to someone who usually doesnt cast magic but instead amps his weapons efficiency with it.

i dont recall saying aquaman is gonna win here and he did hit mm more then once that time and he well had him on his back drowing him while over powering his right arm i have the pic on my pc

Sea King

As for Ares, before this more badass credit of late he has looked good against Namor ( probabaly more than once even, im thinking of two encounters right off the bat, ask DarkCrawler) and Namor was always above Arthur physically.

Probably Arthur can take it if uses TP, altho thats not a automatic win. I dont see the WH do much to someone who usually doesnt cast magic but instead amps his weapons efficiency with it.

also namor and aquaman are both the same strength class now

olympian
"dont recall saying aquaman is gonna win here and he did hit mm more then once"

I didnt said if he would win or not, im actually just giving my opinion.

About that time, MM rilled Arthur on porpuse to hit him. To increase his confidence in relation with the other fellow leaguers who are "superior" physically and powerwise.

Even with that, im just pointing out that your choice of the word "beating" doesnt aplly there. Beating is defeating someone. And what Arthur did wasent a beating. Especially when MM let him do it without figthing back.

At most it shows Arthur punches can effect higher guns without being on theyr class.

- - -

"also namor and aquaman are both the same strength class now"

Sorry, but they arent.

Unless you want to erase the rest of the post crisis showings and only count the last ones.

Sea King
I didnt said if he would win or not, im actually just giving my opinion.

About that time, MM rilled Arthur on porpuse to hit him. To increase his confidence in relation with the other fellow leaguers who are "superior" physically and powerwise.

Even with that, im just pointing out that your choice of the word "beating" doesnt aplly there. Beating is defeating someone. And what Arthur did wasent a beating. Especially when MM let him do it without figthing back.

ok ill agree hes lower strength class then msot of the other leaguers like superman and wonder woman and mm but he has greatly increades in strength hes class 100 now

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Sea King
also namor and aquaman are both the same strength class now No they are not...Aquaman is strong, but Namor is much stronger and much more durable. Aquaman's greatest feat is lifting that block. Namor has feats that top that, and in some of them he doesn't even struggle. Namor also has greater durability feats. erm

Sea King
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No they are not...Aquaman is strong, but Namor is much stronger and much more durable. Aquaman's greatest feat is lifting that block. Namor has feats that top that, and in some of them he doesn't even struggle. Namor also has greater durability feats. erm

then namor is in the higher class 100 cause aquaman (i dont know if u have kept up with him)is and i admit the lower 100 his hand made all of his normal powers increasse

olympian
"and he well had him on his back drowing him while over powering his right arm i have the pic on my pc"

You only have the cover?

In the actual comic he punches MM once after being tossed easily to the table. Thats it.

Sea King
well good for him i mean im just pointing out that hes not as weak as u or others claim

DarkCrawler
then namor is in the higher class 100 cause aquaman (i dont know if u have kept up with him)is and i admit the lower 100 his hand made all of his normal powers increasse

Aquaman's greatest strength feat:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/848/aquamanliftscitystreet026vd.jpg

Namor with about same amount (if not more) of weight under more pressure:
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4655/hulk1998p266qo.jpg

It depends on the description on Class 100. If you go by the classic definition that being Class 100 means that you can lift more then 100 tons, Aquaman is in low Class 100. Namor is in mid Class 100, and characters like Superman are High class 100.

olympian
"well good for him i mean im just pointing out that hes not as weak as u or others claim"

Since i didnt claimed he was weak in the first place, im afraid your point is moot.

Sea King
Aquaman's greatest strength feat:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/848/aquamanliftscitystreet026vd.jpg

Namor with about same amount (if not more) of weight under more pressure:
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4655/hulk1998p266qo.jpg

It depends on the description on Class 100. If you go by the classic definition that being Class 100 means that you can lift more then 100 tons, Aquaman is in low Class 100. Namor is in mid Class 100, and characters like Superman are High class 100.

and thats agreeable altohugh aquaman does have the advantage in a fight aginst namor in his waterbearer form

Sea King
"well good for him i mean im just pointing out that hes not as weak as u or others claim"

Since i didnt claimed he was weak in the first place, im afraid your point is moot.

ok then dont make him seem like hes a push over when hes clearly not

olympian
And who is making him a push over?

Your the one who was overrating him by saying he beat MM based on a cover when in the actual comic that didnt even happen the same way.

DarkCrawler
and thats agreeable altohugh aquaman does have the advantage in a fight aginst namor in his waterbearer form Yeah, he has telepathy.

Sea King
And who is making him a push over?

Your the one who was overrating him by saying he beat MM based on a cover when in the actual comic that didnt even happen the same way.

So chill your toes.

"chill" dude im not im not over rateing anyone ur the one who had to come in here and start with the whole mm thoru him off over the table and what not no ones over ratting any one and just cause u think hes not as strong as i claim im overrating him thats something. u know people call me a fanboy of him or what not just cause i know the char and as some may say hes lame now im not saying and never did say once that on a normal baseis that he could beat mm but he did do some damage in that fight their weater it was to prove a point or not and i dident even clame (and i recall saying that he would lose this fight) that he would win this fight so what are u trying to prove here that i chose to use a bad way to word something??

Sea King
Yeah, he has telepathy.

dont for get his nullifi magic abilty(doesent apply here of course) and to heal mutation also controls water on a moleculer level and he dont dehydrate on land

DarkCrawler
dont for get his nullifi magic abilty(doesent apply here of course) and to heal mutation also controls water on a moleculer level and he dont dehydrate on land Ability to cure mutations wouldn't help him in other ways then just taking out Namor's wings, because that is his only mutation (his other powers stem from other sources). And because of Namor's new suit, he doesn't really dehydrate either. But the ability to control water in molecular level would work, it could be a deadly ability if used right.

Sea King
Ability to cure mutations wouldn't help him in other ways then just taking out Namor's wings, because that is his only mutation (his other powers stem from other sources). And because of Namor's new suit, he doesn't really dehydrate either. But the ability to control water in molecular level would work, it could be a deadly ability if used right.

yep and as for the healing mutations at least he couldent fly

DarkCrawler
Meh, he'd still have his fighting skills, acrobatics, super speed and leaping ability.
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/2339/namorfeat1243cq.gif

Sea King
Meh, he'd still have his fighting skills, acrobatics, super speed and leaping ability.
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/2339/namorfeat1243cq.gif

to be honest i like namor and aquaman both but i think that aquaman has the advantage over namor if were talking waterbearer aquaman but hook or before i can admit would lose to him

DarkCrawler
Yeah, Namor would lose to him. I know that...I just think that the telepathy would be the biggest reason to that.

Sea King
Yeah, Namor would lose to him. I know that...I just think that the telepathy would be the biggest reason to that.

yeah i belive that is the truth

Milkie
Post pictures of Ares

Milkie
http://www.comicon.com/pulse/images_05a/1travar1.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/19/ares11.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/19/ares12.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/19/ares13.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/19/ares14.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/19/ares15.jpg

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0512/19/ares16.jpg

Sea King
well back to basics i say ares wins hes a god

Supermutant
AQ with trident for the win, good fight.

Estacado
Originally posted by Supermutant
AQ with trident for the win, good fight.
thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
DCnU AM for the win.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
DCnU AM for the win.

But the topic was made in 2006, of Aquaman with the Waterbearer hand. I don't know if the trident was standard equipment in 2006 or not, or around the time just before FLASHPOINT.

carver9
The later showings of Ares was kinda insane. He was operating waaaaaaaayyyyyyy above his earlier appearances. This could go either way tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.