darth maul vs genaral greivus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

anakin 106
right who do u guys think would take it u have maul who is really fast n agile with a duel blade n greivus with his 4 lighsabers and blasters i have to go with maul myself tho wat u think

Null ARC Avis
1. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. this has been done a hundred times.
2. USE PROPER GRAMMER.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
2. USE PROPER GRAMMER.
laughing

Talk about grammar. stick out tongue J/k.

But I would say you don't have to spell everything properly, but at least put one mark of punctuation so it's not a run-on sentence, ya' know? It may be the internet, but we still need to read.

Anyways, Grevious wins - not entirely easily though.

Count Kent
Maul owns Grievous. He'd just force push the hell out of him.

Legion_of_Maul
Plus he has force speed, and grievouse can barely use the force.

Count Kent
Grievous can't use the force. Seriously, anyone who can't take Grievous is just pathetic.

Xepeyon
Umm....He can't use it at all. He is not Force Sensitive, he's cyberneticlly enhanced to be able to use them, and trained in blade-to-blade combat combat by Tyrannus. Maul wins whether saber fight of unarmed.

Legion_of_Maul
Well then how could he block mace? he had to be outragiously,(not to mention the dumbest thing ever) if he didn't have the force

Count Kent
Great speed that is enhanced by his suit and great concentration.

Legion_of_Maul
oh yeah, and his computers can calculate the movies and what he'll do next, and can't they alter his form so he can counter attack? plus, Mace windu couldn't beat GG.

Count Kent
Mace Windu destroyed him on every occasion.

Legion_of_Maul
oh, then how come he didn't even Scratch him on the train? and grievous altered his stance into something close to vapaad.

Count Kent
What are you talking about?

Legion_of_Maul
Laberynth of evil. when they fought on the train.

Count Kent
I know of this, but it happened in the non EU version of LOE so consider the case closed.

Legion_of_Maul
But i believe the books and movies, however, the cartoons, kevin J. anderson, and the comics are the less believable because george doesn't control those, except kevin's books (he made r2-d2 uber and every other character)

PurpleSaber
Kent, stop with this "non EU" bullshit. If it is not a movie, or a novelization, then it is EU.

Anyway "genaral greivus" wins.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Count Kent
Maul owns Grievous. He'd just force push the hell out of him.

Yeah, I suppose Adi Gallia - Jedi Master - got rid of Grievous so easily, right? I suppose Ki-Adi-Mundi got rid of Grievous real swiftly, eh? I suppose everyone who faced Grievous with the Force lived? No, they didn't - not everyone.

A Force push - unless off a ledge or onto a spike - will not annihilate Grievous, or anybody actually. Even the Jedi Council acknowledges Grievous as a great danger, and a deadly warrior:

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/9292/talkingaboutgg3om.th.jpg

Oh, and here's Grievous against a Jedi Master, who is noted as having "great skill" and "strong in the Force":

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5738/mastertchookadeath1sq.th.jpg

And here Grievous goes two on one against two Jedi, and what are Jedi again? Ah yes, Force users:

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8145/greviousowning2on13hr.th.jpg

Who died btw? One Jedi by Grievous himself, the other by an explosion, and Grievous was the one who survived. Seems the Force isn't the end all solution to Grievous.

Grievous wins like I said, but not without difficulty.

Great Vengeance
I agree with MS.

Count Kent
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Yeah, I suppose Adi Gallia - Jedi Master - got rid of Grievous so easily, right? I suppose Ki-Adi-Mundi got rid of Grievous real swiftly, eh? I suppose everyone who faced Grievous with the Force lived? No, they didn't - not everyone.

A Force push - unless off a ledge or onto a spike - will not annihilate Grievous, or anybody actually. Even the Jedi Council acknowledges Grievous as a great danger, and a deadly warrior:

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/9292/talkingaboutgg3om.th.jpg

Oh, and here's Grievous against a Jedi Master, who is noted as having "great skill" and "strong in the Force":

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5738/mastertchookadeath1sq.th.jpg

And here Grievous goes two on one against two Jedi, and what are Jedi again? Ah yes, Force users:

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8145/greviousowning2on13hr.th.jpg

Who died btw? One Jedi by Grievous himself, the other by an explosion, and Grievous was the one who survived. Seems the Force isn't the end all solution to Grievous.

Grievous wins like I said, but not without difficulty.

The fact that those jedi that you mentioned were not able to defeat Grievous shows that they sucked. Name one great jedi that lost to Grievous.

Null ARC Avis
ki was pretty damn powerful, mace stalemated GG, GG beat 4 jedi knights and one master i believe in LOE. He is powerful.

Motoko Sama
The fact that those jedi that you mentioned were not able to defeat Grievous shows that they sucked.

The fact that you're a troll shows that you are ignorant, and annoying. "z0mg l03 1s n0nc4non cuz itzza Po1nt 0f v1ew!!!!////1!" - That is the kind of stuff I get from reading your posts.

Please - as I've said in the past - if you're going to quote me make sure you say something worthwhile. Look Count, you were wrong, and you have no clue what you are typing, or possibly thinking for that matter. So, here's what ya' do - rethink your statements, and come back when you have something good for me to discuss.

Count Kent
So you can't name one great jedi that lost to Grievous.

Null ARC Avis
Ki adi Mundi!

Motoko Sama
So you can't name one great jedi that lost to Grievous.

You are truly a fool.

Adi Gallia - Jedi Master on the Council? A Jedi Master that was noted as having "great skill" and a "strong connection"? I didn't see Ki-Adi-Mundi win, did you? Numerous other Jedi who have the Force, which is what you were initially arguing.

Puh-leeze.

Count Kent
"Seriously, anyone who can't take Grievous is just pathetic."

This is what I was originally arguing troll. And Adi Galia sucked in the big picture.

Motoko Sama
"Seriously, anyone who can't take Grievous is just pathetic."

This is what I was originally arguing troll. And Adi Galia sucked in the big picture.

I'm a troll? LMAO. Do I spew bullsh*t about non-EU versions of things? That canon is a point of view? No, that'd be a little guy known as Count "The Amazing Troll" Kent.

Count Kent
You need to learn the definition of troll.

Null ARC Avis
you know it by heart. you are one.

Count Kent
I don't insult people. I am not a troll.

Motoko Sama
You need to learn the definition of troll.

You need to learn the acronym for STFU.

Anyways this has gotten a bit off-topic, so for the reasons I previously stated Grievous wins because :

1.) He's been up against skilled Force and saber users, Jedi Masters, among numerous others, and has killed them. Even times facing several at once.
2.) The entire Jedi Council acknowledges his skills, and the danger he can do to the Republic.
3.) The Force is not the end all to Grievous.

Now Kent, if you want to make a rebuttal - you address the points I've made, and not just an overall statement that is either irrelevant or simply wrong.

I don't insult people. I am not a troll.

That's not all a troll does. They also:

1.) Start arguments deliberately for no reason.
2.) Make absurd claims in hopes of acheiving the above.
3.) Add nothing worthwhile.

Among an immense amount of other things, you do the three I've listed - plus you're annoying, and ignorant. The "non-EU version", the "canon is a POV" arguments are fallacious, and don't hold any merit, yet you constantly repeat them. You are a troll.

Marcellus
Grievous has the better track record. GG all the way

Null ARC Avis
okay then you are only part of the definition. you are stupid.

Count Kent
You need to learn the acronym for STFU.

Anyways this has gotten a bit off-topic, so for the reasons I previously stated Grievous wins because :

1.) He's been up against skilled Force and saber users, Jedi Masters, among numerous others, and has killed them. Even times facing several at once.
2.) The entire Jedi Council acknowledges his skills, and the danger he can do to the Republic.
3.) The Force is not the end all to Grievous.

Now Kent, if you want to make a rebuttal - you address the points I've made, and not just an overall statement that is either irrelevant or simply wrong.

He has no range and no defence or resistance against Maul's offensive force powers.

Count Kent
okay then you are only part of the definition. you are stupid.

Prove it troll.

Null ARC Avis
Prove it troll. I know of this, but it happened in the non EU version of LOE so consider the case closed.

Count Kent
Dispute it. And you seem to be implying that I am uninformed. There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Learn it.

Motoko Sama
Dispute it. And you seem to be implying that I am uninformed. There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Learn it.

1.) Start arguments deliberately for no reason.
2.) Make absurd claims in hopes of acheiving the above.
3.) Add nothing worthwhile.

Among an immense amount of other things, you do the three I've listed - plus you're annoying, and ignorant. The "non-EU version", the "canon is a POV" arguments are fallacious, and don't hold any merit, yet you constantly repeat them. You are a troll.

You repeat your lies continuously, that is trolling. Just stop it.

Now, can we get back on topic?

Count Kent
Then get back to it Sama.

He has no range and no defence or resistance against Maul's offensive force powers.

Motoko Sama
Then get back to it Sama.

And which offensive powers would thpse be?

PurpleSaber
I think Maul would win. You are forgetting that he defeated Qui-Gon who was a powerful Jedi Master who would have been on the council had he not defied them.

Legion_of_Maul
Teras Kasi. Force Choke, Force Push, The ability to decapatate some of the most powerful commanders in the black sun organization, he has been through worse(i just finished reading the maul comics), and finally if Rots Obiwan can beat GG then TPM obiwan and Qui gon could do the same, especially as a team.

In short. Maul would win.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
I think Maul would win. You are forgetting that he defeated Qui-Gon who was a powerful Jedi Master who would have been on the council had he not defied them.

And Grievous has tooled members of the Council. You are forgetting that Maul had trouble with an enraged padawan Obi-Wan (though I still think Maul > TPM Obi).

An offensive Force power? I think not.

It's a martial art.

Force pushes obviously aren't the end of Grievous as I've stated. Did ROTS Obi-Wan's force push kill Grievous? Was he annihilated by it?

Force sensitives? No. Wow Maul, you managed to kill some Black Sun, whereas Grievous has fought the Republic soldiers, and numerous Jedi. Maul, you fought a Nightsister who had a small grasp over the Darkside! Wow Maul - You're the man now!

How many Jedi has Maul faced again? How many did Maul kill again?

"Through worse" what? Have you read Grievous' comics?

Right. That makes sense that two Ataru practinors can contend with Grievous. ROTS Obi-Wan is a Soresu master. TPM Obi-Wan practices Ataru. Grievous has tooled padawans, Jedi masters, and Jedi Knights - sometimes even facing more than one at once. He can defeat TPM Ob-Wan and Qui-Gon.

In short, no.

Legion_of_Maul
In Short, tell me why anything of that sort wouldn't work on GG, Choke would be all it takes...END OF THE FAIRY TALE

darthsith19
Been done a hundred (exaggeration) times before. it'd be close but I go with... Maul, probably, just cause, well, Kenobi really didn't have a ton of trouble with Grievous until he lost his lightsaber. So unless Maul loses his lightsaber he could probably beat Grievous, too, though it wouldn't be easy. Maul's also got the advantage of the Force.

Legion_of_Maul
Thank you...(glances at sig) goosh goosh goosh.... you people.

Motoko Sama

Null ARC Avis
GG throws 16 attacks a second. The second Maul throws his hand out for a push or (i am not sure he can even do it) choke he will be missing a limb. great.

Legion_of_Maul
he can force choke, in saboteur he choked 3 people at the same time, one of them had armour around his neck.
maul could also do what Mace windu did and crush his suit, or pop his inards

Rampant ox
Personally I think that the Count would come in and pwn them both stick out tongue

Anyways it would be an extremely close fight. However GG would win. Mauls force abilities would help but they are not as big a deal as you are making them out to be. GG was force crushed by Mace Windu, one of the greatest force users of the era, and GG escaped with only a cough. And I think it is fair to say that Windu is a better force user than Maul. Then add in the fact that Maul will not have a chance to use the force with GG 4 sabres coming at him at once. And in a pure lightsaber duel Maul would simply get overwhelmed with all the blades coming at him at once. Even if he did stand a chance, GG would just change his style to counter Mauls. As good as Maul is, he will not be able to beat the killing machine that is Greivous.

Count Kent
Grievous has no range, so all Maul has to do is keep his distance and pull off some stuff with telekinesis.

Rampant ox
Grievous has no range, so all Maul has to do is keep his distance and pull off some stuff with telekinesis.

True. But Greivous is no slouch. He is fast and can jump pretty large distances. So Maul will only be able to inflict minimal damage if any by the time GG catches up with him.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by darthsith19
Kenobi really didn't have a ton of trouble with Grievous until he lost his lightsaber.
When Obi-Wan fought Grievous, Grievous had been injured/damaged by Mace's Force choke. In Clone Wars, he was able to take on five trained Jedi using only two lightsabers (he didn't even need to detatch his arms) When he faced Obi-Wan, he needed to detatch his arms and use four lightsabers.
Maul can block, but not that many blades. As he was in RotS, Grievous would win (albeit with some resistance from Maul) As he was in CW, Grievous would be so fast, Maul wouldn't stand a chance.

Motoko Sama
What's going on here? Both Rampant and Vious made a good point for a change?

Darth Vious
I always make a good point, you just don't always agree with it wink

Lightsnake
why would Maul even try a choke, Grievous doesn't need to breathe..Grievous has killed council members, too. Pablo Jill and Adi Gallia...both skilled Jedi

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Lightsnake
why would Maul even try a choke, Grievous doesn't need to breathe..
If he doesn't need to breathe, why does he cough and wheeze following Mace's Force choke? The Force was the one thing Grievous was really vulnerable to (untill it damaged him enough to impair his function)

Lightsnake
He relies on the machines to breathe for him, like Vader...Mace didn't try to choke him, he tried to crush his chest and damaged both Grievous's remaining organs and machines.

Legion_of_Maul
bull.... when obiwan pulled open his chesy you saw lungs and they were moving, and force choke would just stop the machines, DUH, you think a skilled asassin wouldn't know how to take grievous down?

Lightsnake
Which is why Grievous dispatched Durge and Asajj Ventress at the same time? And yes...that's why the machines do the work FOR Grievous, much liuke they did with Anakin

Legion_of_Maul
THATS! why Maul would choke him, he wouldn't need to be that powerful to crush his lungs and breathing machine. that would at least make it a tie if not a victory for maul.

Darth Vious
Regardless of the mechanism involved (organic or artificial) Grievous does breathe. If he didn't breathe, he wouldn't cough and wheeze.

Legion_of_Maul
correct, and thats why maul would win, grievous has NO force perception at all. plus he is cripple because of mace, now maul has a chance, and he would understand how to defeat grievous without actually fighting (he would hear the coffing and weezing) and understand GG's weakness and go for it from the get go. (because that is how an assasin works)

Lightsnake
It's a shame Maul's not that smart and it just isn't that easy. Because, sadly, a choke wouldn't affect Grievous's lungs directly.

Legion_of_Maul
Not that smart, not that smart, he is proclamed the greatest assasin EVER, save for the fett twins...

if you don't believe me go to SW databanks.

Lightsnake
Here I thought good assassins kill people right off rather than give them a chance to slash said assassin in half...yeah, Maul's intelligence is lacking

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
correct, and thats why maul would win, grievous has NO force perception at all. plus he is cripple because of mace, now maul has a chance, and he would understand how to defeat grievous without actually fighting (he would hear the coffing and weezing) and understand GG's weakness and go for it from the get go. (because that is how an assasin works)
Even crippled, I think Grievous could defeat Maul, because Maul wouldn't have the skill to block four lightsabers (the only reason Obi-Wan stood a chance was because his style of fencing is almost entirely devoted to blocking, rather than attacking. Maul's is based on attack, not blocking.) If Grievous was in peak condition (ala CW) Maul wouldn't stand a chance (and neither would Obi-Wan)

Legion_of_Maul
@lightsnake: He has more than just a lightsaber...

Lightsnake
He has his horns! Yes, I can see it now, Maul's mind snaps from the futility and he rams his head against Grievous until the general finally just snaps his neck our of pity

Legion_of_Maul
that...or his black robots, moniter grievous to death!

Null ARC Avis
where did Maul use a force choke and in what comic did GG beat the other two guys?

Rampant ox

Hahaha. I have become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!!!

Null ARC Avis
where did Maul use a force choke and in what comic did GG beat the other two guys?

Motoko Sama
I believe it's in the Darth Maul comics, he uses Force choke on a mercenary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.