Can the Xmen from X3 movie defend helms Deep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
These are the 6 xmen that were defending the Alcatraz base at the end of the film. They have the battle experience from that battle, so Iceman and Kitty have experience one. They are rested from that battle and are teleported to defend Helms Deep from the Two Towers. The Elves that helped defend Helms Deep are replaced by the Xmen. How does this battle play out?

1. Storm

2. Colossus

3. Ice man

4. Kitty

5. Beast

6. Wolverine

Devil Lance
are they the only ones defending it

Tron
All you need is Storm and Cyclops at the top of the gates, and thi's last maybe a couple of hours, maybe.

Brutacus
how many could colossus take before he's taken out?

diabloman
Originally posted by Tron
All you need is Storm and Cyclops at the top of the gates, and thi's last maybe a couple of hours, maybe. all they need is phoenix and thats it

diabloman
Originally posted by Brutacus
how many could colossus take before he's taken out? depends who hes fighting

Validus
I'm not remembering Two Towers very well but I don't see much they could do to Colossus short of trying to land a giant boulder on him. Eventually he might be overwhelmed.

MrHeavySilence
They can definitely do it. Iceman builds a gigantic ice maze around Helms Deep for MILES.

http://invisiblethreads.com/potd_i/2005_02/20050222.jpg
http://invisiblethreads.com/potd_i/2005_02/20050218.jpg

Storm flies up in the sky to see visual. Colossus bulldozes a large trench around Helms deep after the large ice enclosure.

They'll never even get to Helms Deep. Eventually, the six mutants will mow all those orcs down.

capt it up
there really no reason why logan or colossus could not take this them selfs

TheKahn
6 mutants are suppose to stop this... eer

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5044/helmsdeepsmall8kb.th.jpg

Honestly the movie version did seem that powerful. Given the numbers they are up against I see them being overpowered eventually.

FunkMaster Flex
Wolverine couldn't take 10,000 Orakai What the f**k?

bitca730
can they survive a massive flood accompanied by lightning strikes and ice blasts? or mulitple tornadoes...but there are alot of them...I'd like to see this battle...

Validus
Originally posted by FunkMaster Flex
Wolverine couldn't take 10,000 Orakai What the f**k?
Movie Wolverine? 10,000? No, he can't.

Tron
Originally posted by diabloman
all they need is phoenix and thats it

Well, Phoenix ain't here, so you gotta work with who is.

Originally posted by TheKahn
6 mutants are suppose to stop this... eer

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5044/helmsdeepsmall8kb.th.jpg

Honestly the movie version did seem that powerful. Given the numbers they are up against I see them being overpowered eventually.

Well, it's not entirely improbable. Take Storm, have her whip up some tornadoes, some lighting all over the place, etc. Have Cyclops go without visors, mow down whatever of Saruman's forces Storm doesn't get. And, just keep the rest on reserve (like you'd really need them anyway, they'd just be in the way.

Storm and Cyclops may burn out at some point, but they sure as hell take down plenty before they fall.

bitca730
Movie versions? I would be hesitant to put both Beast & Wolverine up front with Colossus & Kitty...

complexbrother
X-men would get overwhelmed, but they would take out a huge number of enemies first.

snoopdogg
I know in comics Cyclops runs out of juice so maybe the movie version does too. Storm and Cyclops take out a alot of them before they tire out. Wolverine and Beast will get their share also. If Colossus grabs a giant log or something and swings it he can take alot of also. Swords and arrows will bounce off him.

I don't know if the X-men fight smart they can pull it off.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Tron
Well, Phoenix ain't here, so you gotta work with who is.

Well, it's not entirely improbable. Take Storm, have her whip up some tornadoes, some lighting all over the place, etc. Have Cyclops go without visors, mow down whatever of Saruman's forces Storm doesn't get. And, just keep the rest on reserve (like you'd really need them anyway, they'd just be in the way.

Storm and Cyclops may burn out at some point, but they sure as hell take down plenty before they fall.

Cyclops isn't in the line up. wink

The problem I see with Storm (and even Cyke for that matter) is the fact they would be physically vulnerable if they were focused on offensive attacks. I mean they'd have thousands of arrow coming in from almost 180 degrees and all it takes is one lucky hit. Maybe it's just me but the movie version of Storm just hasn't seemed that powerful (at least compared to the comic version). I mean wtf was that spinning around crap she was doing in the third movie? She had trouble defending herself from a single (albeit very fast) opponent. So I have my doubts about her defensive ability.

Soljer
Uhh, negative. There is a big difference between "Can these 6 X-men eventually kill a million uruk's?" and "Can they defend helm's deep?"

Eventually some Uruk's will make it into helms deep's walls, and at that point, the game is over. The failed to defend Helm's Deep. See the difference?

Now, could they take that many Uruks? Probably. They couldn't do ANYTHING to colossus. Wolverine would eventually be put down, but Kitty could just phase through them, ripping their hearts from their body as she does. Ice man could ice up and be invulnerable, and then take them down with relative ease. Beast would eventually be in the same boat as wolverine. Storm...as long as she stays out of the way, could wreak havok.

Hmm..I would say Colossus could do it alone. Kitty could do it alone. Ice man may be able to. Storm could as long as they had something to distract them. Eventually one of their arrows may get through, considering they'll have so many chances. Wolverine and Beast could take tons of them, but eventually would still be put down.

The Pict
Originally posted by Malo
These are the 6 xmen that were defending the Alcatraz base at the end of the film. They have the battle experience from that battle, so Iceman and Kitty have experience one. They are rested from that battle and are teleported to defend Helms Deep from the Two Towers. The Elves that helped defend Helms Deep are replaced by the Xmen. How does this battle play out?

1. Storm

2. Colossus

3. Ice man

4. Kitty

5. Beast

6. Wolverine

they did actually defend helms deep but the x women kept turning frodo down so he altered the facts when he wrote his lord of the rings book.

ExtraMision5555
Isint the movie verison of iceman kinda weak? I think Wolverine would eventually get rouged up, but seeing how SOMEHOW HE SUCKED UP BLASTS FROM PHOENIX (that was really retarded) he might last, but i doubt it. The only person i could psosibly see inflicting damage to colossus (miniscule damage) is those big orc things. but colossus is pertty much unstoppable, even against 10,000 guys. Considering Aragorn and the dwarf (forgot his name) killed hundres with minimal effort. As long as someone keeps storm defended, she could flood thousands of orcs away, and maybe iceman could freeze them up or something. I think they could do it, but it wouldnet be too easy

jinzin
Originally posted by Validus

DAMN.. lol....

I was gonna do that whole bit about wolverine killing 2500 ninjas in one fight.. or the time he downed 1,000 samurai... then i read this.. forgot we're talking movie wolverine.... god he sucks... lol...

TheKahn
Originally posted by Soljer
Uhh, negative. There is a big difference between "Can these 6 X-men eventually kill a million uruk's?" and "Can they defend helm's deep?"

Eventually some Uruk's will make it into helms deep's walls, and at that point, the game is over. The failed to defend Helm's Deep. See the difference?

Now, could they take that many Uruks? Probably. They couldn't do ANYTHING to colossus. Wolverine would eventually be put down, but Kitty could just phase through them, ripping their hearts from their body as she does. Ice man could ice up and be invulnerable, and then take them down with relative ease. Beast would eventually be in the same boat as wolverine. Storm...as long as she stays out of the way, could wreak havok.

Hmm..I would say Colossus could do it alone. Kitty could do it alone. Ice man may be able to. Storm could as long as they had something to distract them. Eventually one of their arrows may get through, considering they'll have so many chances. Wolverine and Beast could take tons of them, but eventually would still be put down.

I tend to disagree. I think a problem is that the limits and nature of the movie versions were never really shown so we don't know just how powerful they are. For example can Iceman now "ice up" at will or was it only involuntary given that he only did it once and is still pretty young. And even if he can, do we really know if he is at the level that he can transfer his conciseness to surrounding water vapor? The same thing applies with Kitty. She is still relatively inexperienced and I don't think that the comic book Kitty can remain intangible all the time (although I could be wrong here).

That being said remember than in addition to Uruk's there are also trolls and other creatures in the army that could simply bash Colossus into the mountain or toss off the battle field. Given that they are outnumbered by the thousands I just see them either not being able to defend themselves from all these attacks (either because of their lack of durability or lack of combat expierence). Even Colossus and Wolverine I can see getting immobalized just given the numbers they are up against.

bitca730

The problem I see with Storm (and even Cyke for that matter) is the fact they would be physically vulnerable if they were focused on offensive attacks. I mean they'd have thousands of arrow coming in from almost 180 degrees and all it takes is one lucky hit. Maybe it's just me but the movie version of Storm just hasn't seemed that powerful (at least compared to the comic version). I mean wtf was that spinning around crap she was doing in the third movie? She had trouble defending herself from a single (albeit very fast) opponent. So I have my doubts about her defensive ability.

She didn't seem to have much trouble making a bunch of tornadoes in a few seconds, & would it be possible for Shadowcat to hold Storm while she wipes out as many as she can? That way thiers weapons wouldnt affect her...

Darth Martin
That lineup from the movie would beat the **** out of the orcs/urakhai!
Put wolverine and beast in the frontline and they would wreck alot. Colossus would not be killed with those weapons. Neither will Kitty if she plays it smart. With iceman on the castle and storm in the air as firepower wat could go wrong? Storm could probably take ewm all out by herself.

Grimm22
Slop

The Pict
the x men have this easy. storm whips up her tornadoes from x2 while standing behind the walls. job done.

Darth Martin
Comic Juggernaut would take them all.

tyranus
the urukhai would run around like little scared children with the first ligthing bolts storm creates, remember to mthese orcs thats like a god came fron heaven, they would lose their nerve.

Storm can create a thick fog so they cant see anithing, a thunderstorm on top of them, a couple tornados, hmm ist it just me or are urukai raining from the ski?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Comic Juggernaut would take them all.

Comic version of any of these x-men could probobly take them all. big grin

Except Kitty and Beast stick out tongue

Validus
I tend to disagree. I think a problem is that the limits and nature of the movie versions were never really shown so we don't know just how powerful they are. For example can Iceman now "ice up" at will or was it only involuntary given that he only did it once and is still pretty young. And even if he can, do we really know if he is at the level that he can transfer his conciseness to surrounding water vapor? The same thing applies with Kitty. She is still relatively inexperienced and I don't think that the comic book Kitty can remain intangible all the time (although I could be wrong here).

Quit trying to bring Blair Wind's Iceman into this. stick out tongue

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Grimm22
You really thing Wolverine can take 1,000,000 Urikai?!? What the f**k?

I'm pretty sure it was a an army of 10,000 or somewhere close to that number that was attacking Helm's Deep.

Going off topic here and saying that Movie Hulk could probably tear the army attacking Helm's deep a new one.

Back to the topic at hand, These 6 X-men will probably be overwhelmed. Storm will be their best bet. If an arrow hits Storm, game over. But she could hide behind Colossus and whip up a few tornados and what not. Iceman is probably the next best thing to Storm. He could freeze a bunch of Orcs at once. Or while Sotm makes it rain, Bobby could freeze the rain making tiny little falling stalagtites that could impale a few thousand orcs.

Grimm22
Originally posted by jinzin
DAMN.. lol....

I was gonna do that whole bit about wolverine killing 2500 ninjas in one fight.. or the time he downed 1,000 samurai... then i read this.. forgot we're talking movie wolverine.... god he sucks... lol...

I wouldnt say he sucks, but he has a FREAKIN CRAZY healing factor

Darth Martin

Comic Wolverine could not take them all. There was like 50,000.

Soljer

That being said remember than in addition to Uruk's there are also trolls and other creatures in the army that could simply bash Colossus into the mountain or toss off the battle field. Given that they are outnumbered by the thousands I just see them either not being able to defend themselves from all these attacks (either because of their lack of durability or lack of combat expierence). Even Colossus and Wolverine I can see getting immobalized just given the numbers they are up against.

You make good points, and I cannot argue with you about Iceman. Who knows? But you cannot assume that he CAN'T ice up at will, and neither can I assume that he CAN. Regardless, as I pointed out, it doesn't matter, the rest of the Xmen could take this easy.

Oh, and as far as kitty goes, you're right here again. This isn't the ninja kitty, nor the one we see from the comics. But we don't know that she CAN'T do exactly what I said - phase through while ripping up their insides. So who knows? Still a moot point from what we know about the others.

Colossus could be hurled from the battlefield, but whats to stop him from walking back? As far as this battle is concerned, he is indestructable. Even if EVERYONE else is killed, colossus just cannot be harmed by these foes. And what are they to do if storm flies into the air, out of range of arrows, and just rains hell?

It would take time, but they could eventually clear the field.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Comic Wolverine could not take them all. There was like 50,000.

Urikai arent that good no expression

Besides Wolverine killed like what 10,000 ninjas confused

10,000 ninjas >>>> 50,000 Urikai

The Pict

Grr! kitty could do it she runs through them all pulling their hearts from their bodies while remaining unhurt

Grimm22
Originally posted by The Pict
Grr! kitty could do it she runs through them all pulling their hearts from their bodies while remaining unhurt

I highly doubt that would work for 50,000 Urikai stick out tongue

bitca730
I would think Shadowcat grabbing Storm and Iceman by the waist would be their best bet to win...

riceroost
Originally posted by The Pict
Grr! kitty could do it she runs through them all pulling their hearts from their bodies while remaining unhurt I love Kitty (comic version) but she would get tired before she could take out 50,000 orcs. She has normal human endurance. She would get sloppy sooner or later doing it by herself.

MJOILNIR
Blasphemers laughing

Tron

Damnit, I could've swore I saw his name in there.

Oh well, Storm has her work cut out for her then... roll eyes (sarcastic)

riceroost
If these 6 X-Men used basic strategy they could pull it off.

Main Defense: Iceman

The only thing Iceman should do this entire fight is Defense, Defense, Defense. He sets up ice blockades to slow down the approaching orc army, feeding them in small numbers to the X-Men's main infantry below. Iceman puts up a series of ice walls in front of Helms Deep. These slow the orc army's progress to a crawl. It's also hard to quickly attack the X-Men's infantry when most of your advance is made over frozen ground. This allows the X-Men infantry time to regroup, rest, and prepare themselves. Bobby's other job is heavy projectiles If he can stop Sentinel Missiles and exploding cars hurled by Magneto, then he can stop ballista and catapault fire. Ice coating stops orcs from scaling walls as well. Bobby can also freeze smaller groups of orcs, giving relief to the infantry.

Main Offense: Storm

Look at X2. You did see the 50 tornados she wipped up in about 10 seconds? Even if Storm is only in the fight for 5 minutes she would decimate the orc army very badly. With Storm on the job no force of more than 20 orcs is going to get at the walls at one time. They can't attack in masses. Most are getting blown away. It's also going to be really hard to hit Storm with an arrow when she's controling hurricane force winds. Arrows are going to get blown away from her and her teamates. Only a catapult launched boulder would get through the crosswinds, and she's a very small target that can fly out of the way. Storm destroys the effectiveness of all archers.

Main Infantry: Wolverine / Colossus

Thanks to Storm a huge bulk of the army is destroyed. Thanks to Iceman, whats left has to attack in small numbers, slowly over frozen ground they are herded at the X-Men's two toughest fighters. Wolverine and Colossus are going to take on groups of 10-20 orcs a piece in slow waves. Archers can be used against them, but Colossus cant be shot and Wolverine will not be felled by arrows unless he is completely surrounded by large groups of archers. Even then, he will recover from stray crossbow bolts very quickly.

Colossus is arguably impervious to all but the largest of monsters. The trolls can knock him around and the Elephants/Mastadons can stomp him, but even they might not be able to put him down for good. Colossus' only downside is that he's slow. Some orcs will get past him to the walls and others will be able to dogpile him.

Wolverine is going to be a killing machine. He's going to take down his enemies fast and they wont get back up. He'll take his lumps, but every strike he lands will instantly result in a dead orc. Swords that do hit him, will most likely break on his bones. The small groups of orcs will get a handful of hits against him, but his healing factor ensures that he wont get tired and will be nearly fully healed in between charges. Wolverine will probably take out his foes faster than Colossus and be able to help his slower team mate when he gets glomped by orcs. Colossus hurls off a dozen orcs and Wolverine sticks them before they can get up. Wolverine will be able to cripple trolls fairly easily, making them sitting ducks for Colossus.

If these two have time they can take out ringwraiths on wyverns or dragons (whatever they were) very quick. Colossus can also throw Wolverine at the elephants, allowing Wolverine to decimate the elephant handlers and use the elephant against the orcs, or simply cut open it's skull and put it down.

Back-Up Infantry: Beast / Kitty

Kitty's biggest downfall is that she can't take people out as quickly as Colossus and Wolverine. Too many can get past her to the walls. Beast is great for melee fights, but he can be hurt and when he does get hit he wont get up like Wolverine and Colossus.

Beast jumps into the fray when Colossus or Wolverine get over run. He's faster than both of them and can go to who ever needs more help. He also runs down those who slip between the cracks and charge the walls. Beast can also range around in the ice obstacles, picking off archers and groups of 5 or less orcs.

Kitty can't be hurt. Her job is stopping the heavy hitters from hurting Wolverine and Colossus. Trolls get phased into the ground and Elephant harnesses fall right off the beasts. Without direction their use is limited.

Kitty also takes apart siege engines. Siege towers halt or topple when wheels are phased off. Battering rams are useless when the ram phases through the door, or falls off the track. Catapaults and Ballista explode apart when key support beams are phased. Ladders are phased when Orcs try to climb them and they wind up falling down the walls to their deaths.Kitty stops the army from doing actual damage to Helms Deep itself and getting inside.

Kitty can also help Colossus and Wolverine like Beast, but her purpose is different. Colossus can be phased right out of huge dogpiles instantly. Wolverine and Beast evade projectiles with ease. Hold onto Kitty everyone. I never saw movie Kitty phase anyone's lungs out of their body. I don't doubt she could do it, but even so, she serves a purpose either way.

Fieldy69
Wolverine could kill a few but he is mostly useless in this fight
Colossus I dont think can even be hurt with swords etc
Beast is as useless as wolverine
Storm could kill thousands
Iceman could kill thousands
Kitty is useless

bitca730
cant Kitty just hold onto Storm so the attacks wont affect them?

A.J
Originally posted by capt it up
there really no reason why logan or colossus could not take this them selfs confused laughing laughing laughing

TheKahn
Originally posted by Soljer
You make good points, and I cannot argue with you about Iceman. Who knows? But you cannot assume that he CAN'T ice up at will, and neither can I assume that he CAN. Regardless, as I pointed out, it doesn't matter, the rest of the Xmen could take this easy.

Oh, and as far as kitty goes, you're right here again. This isn't the ninja kitty, nor the one we see from the comics. But we don't know that she CAN'T do exactly what I said - phase through while ripping up their insides. So who knows? Still a moot point from what we know about the others.

Colossus could be hurled from the battlefield, but whats to stop him from walking back? As far as this battle is concerned, he is indestructable. Even if EVERYONE else is killed, colossus just cannot be harmed by these foes. And what are they to do if storm flies into the air, out of range of arrows, and just rains hell?

It would take time, but they could eventually clear the field.

While I'm still not totally convinced that the X-men could win, you and others have made valid points on their behalf. The most convincing argument I heard is Storm using her tornadoes to take out the invaders. The only problem with that is she wouldn't be able to take out the Uruks closest to Helms Deep's walls as she would risk taking out her own teammates. Which means that there would be several hundred enemies still firing arrows as well as, I assume, the siege machines in the rear attempting to hit her before the tornadoes get them. And as all they need is one lucky shot, I just don't know if it isn't more likely that she'd eventually get hit rather than her being able to launch such a massive offensive attack while completely defending herself given she had trouble with Psylocke in the last movie.

As for Kitty, while she could be quite devastating I'd wager that eventually she'd either tire or make a rookie mistake and end up with a sword in her head. As for colossus, while he is very durable I think that given the massive amount of heavy debris around the battle field that it isn't too unreasonable to imagine that such debris couldn't be used to immobilize him. I mean 6 X-Men versus an army of thousands is a tall order and I just have a hard time seeing the movie versions clearing this. Now if it was the comic versions and they had the Blair Winder version of Iceman then that would be a different story...shifty

nimbus006
Originally posted by riceroost
If these 6 X-Men used basic strategy they could pull it off.

Main Defense: Iceman

The only thing Iceman should do this entire fight is Defense, Defense, Defense. He sets up ice blockades to slow down the approaching orc army, feeding them in small numbers to the X-Men's main infantry below. Iceman puts up a series of ice walls in front of Helms Deep. These slow the orc army's progress to a crawl. It's also hard to quickly attack the X-Men's infantry when most of your advance is made over frozen ground. This allows the X-Men infantry time to regroup, rest, and prepare themselves. Bobby's other job is heavy projectiles If he can stop Sentinel Missiles and exploding cars hurled by Magneto, then he can stop ballista and catapault fire. Ice coating stops orcs from scaling walls as well. Bobby can also freeze smaller groups of orcs, giving relief to the infantry.

Main Offense: Storm

Look at X2. You did see the 50 tornados she wipped up in about 10 seconds? Even if Storm is only in the fight for 5 minutes she would decimate the orc army very badly. With Storm on the job no force of more than 20 orcs is going to get at the walls at one time. They can't attack in masses. Most are getting blown away. It's also going to be really hard to hit Storm with an arrow when she's controling hurricane force winds. Arrows are going to get blown away from her and her teamates. Only a catapult launched boulder would get through the crosswinds, and she's a very small target that can fly out of the way. Storm destroys the effectiveness of all archers.

Main Infantry: Wolverine / Colossus

Thanks to Storm a huge bulk of the army is destroyed. Thanks to Iceman, whats left has to attack in small numbers, slowly over frozen ground they are herded at the X-Men's two toughest fighters. Wolverine and Colossus are going to take on groups of 10-20 orcs a piece in slow waves. Archers can be used against them, but Colossus cant be shot and Wolverine will not be felled by arrows unless he is completely surrounded by large groups of archers. Even then, he will recover from stray crossbow bolts very quickly.

Colossus is arguably impervious to all but the largest of monsters. The trolls can knock him around and the Elephants/Mastadons can stomp him, but even they might not be able to put him down for good. Colossus' only downside is that he's slow. Some orcs will get past him to the walls and others will be able to dogpile him.

Wolverine is going to be a killing machine. He's going to take down his enemies fast and they wont get back up. He'll take his lumps, but every strike he lands will instantly result in a dead orc. Swords that do hit him, will most likely break on his bones. The small groups of orcs will get a handful of hits against him, but his healing factor ensures that he wont get tired and will be nearly fully healed in between charges. Wolverine will probably take out his foes faster than Colossus and be able to help his slower team mate when he gets glomped by orcs. Colossus hurls off a dozen orcs and Wolverine sticks them before they can get up. Wolverine will be able to cripple trolls fairly easily, making them sitting ducks for Colossus.

If these two have time they can take out ringwraiths on wyverns or dragons (whatever they were) very quick. Colossus can also throw Wolverine at the elephants, allowing Wolverine to decimate the elephant handlers and use the elephant against the orcs, or simply cut open it's skull and put it down.

Back-Up Infantry: Beast / Kitty

Kitty's biggest downfall is that she can't take people out as quickly as Colossus and Wolverine. Too many can get past her to the walls. Beast is great for melee fights, but he can be hurt and when he does get hit he wont get up like Wolverine and Colossus.

Beast jumps into the fray when Colossus or Wolverine get over run. He's faster than both of them and can go to who ever needs more help. He also runs down those who slip between the cracks and charge the walls. Beast can also range around in the ice obstacles, picking off archers and groups of 5 or less orcs.

Kitty can't be hurt. Her job is stopping the heavy hitters from hurting Wolverine and Colossus. Trolls get phased into the ground and Elephant harnesses fall right off the beasts. Without direction their use is limited.

Kitty also takes apart siege engines. Siege towers halt or topple when wheels are phased off. Battering rams are useless when the ram phases through the door, or falls off the track. Catapaults and Ballista explode apart when key support beams are phased. Ladders are phased when Orcs try to climb them and they wind up falling down the walls to their deaths.Kitty stops the army from doing actual damage to Helms Deep itself and getting inside.

Kitty can also help Colossus and Wolverine like Beast, but her purpose is different. Colossus can be phased right out of huge dogpiles instantly. Wolverine and Beast evade projectiles with ease. Hold onto Kitty everyone. I never saw movie Kitty phase anyone's lungs out of their body. I don't doubt she could do it, but even so, she serves a purpose either way.

Ok last time i checked there were no Trolls, siege towers, ring wraiths, or any of the other creatures you mentioned at Helms Deep. All there was at Helms Deep was 10,000 Urukai armed with heavy crossbows, shields, swords, catapult thingys, and one giant explosive device created by Saruman. This battle might be won by the X-men if they do exaclty like you said with the whole strategy thing, but if they dont i think they can be overwhelmed for at least a few mintues, and thats all it would take fo them to reach inside which results in a loss for the X-Men since they would of failed in DEFENDING the keep.

grey fox
Originally posted by nimbus006
Ok last time i checked there were no Trolls, siege towers, ring wraiths, or any of the other creatures you mentioned at Helms Deep. All there was at Helms Deep was 10,000 Urukai armed with heavy crossbows, shields, swords, catapult thingys, and one giant explosive device created by Saruman. This battle might be won by the X-men if they do exaclty like you said with the whole strategy thing, but if they dont i think they can be overwhelmed for at least a few mintues, and thats all it would take fo them to reach inside which results in a loss for the X-Men since they would of failed in DEFENDING the keep.

I belive he's getting Helms deep confused with the Battle for gondor ?

nimbus006
Originally posted by grey fox
I belive he's getting Helms deep confused with the Battle for gondor ?

Correct, but that battle is a completely different story. With the power of the Nazgul and 200,000 Orcs with at least a dozen war Trolls, giant Catapults, and Siege Towers there is no way those X-Men from the movie are defending the White City.

Blair Wind
Now if it was the comic versions and they had the Blair Wind version of Iceman then that would be a different story...shifty

Quit trying to bring Blair Wind's Iceman into this. stick out tongue

eek! laughing Happy Dance Two mentions

anyways Kahn you mentioned that Storm had trouble with one very fast girl. In my opinion Storms powers are more useful in mass combat (her vs a bunch of other people) than a single target. She could whip up a few tornados, lighting, ect.

With that said.....the movie X-men Suck...they lose

golem370
Cyclops blastes a hole in to the ground 100 feet deep and 500 feet wide then Storm,Wolverine & Colossus drive them in the pitt and then Ice Man freeze the hole and it's done and If there is anybody left Beast & Wolverine takes them out

Devil Lance
Originally posted by golem370
Cyclops blastes a hole in to the ground 100 feet deep and 500 feet wide then Storm,Wolverine & Colossus drive them in the pitt and then Ice Man freeze the hole and it's done and If there is anybody left Beast & Wolverine takes them out

Cyclops isn't in this fight roll eyes (sarcastic)

psy_blade
Kitty can do more damage than Wolverine and Beast. She can phase and run towards the enemies and phase large sections of the ground so that many will fall through the phased ground and solidifying it again.

jasofisc
Colossus is an interesting factor in this fight. In the movie we really didn't see any of his limits. It's at all possible that he is as strong and durable as his comic counterpart. I really don't see what any group or thing in mordor could do to him. collosus could be their himself and take them all out. rice roost stratigy should be enough.

roughrider
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
They can definitely do it. Iceman builds a gigantic ice maze around Helms Deep for MILES.

http://invisiblethreads.com/potd_i/2005_02/20050222.jpg
http://invisiblethreads.com/potd_i/2005_02/20050218.jpg

Storm flies up in the sky to see visual. Colossus bulldozes a large trench around Helms deep after the large ice enclosure.

They'll never even get to Helms Deep. Eventually, the six mutants will mow all those orcs down.

Yep. The only one who could be vunerable is Beast, becuase he can't take the same amount of damage up close as Logan. But, the great defense given by Iceman, Storm and Shadowcat will highly complement the offense by Wolverine and Colossus, who'll blaze a path through the Uruk-Hai.

ExtraMision5555
Unfortunately, the geography of helms deep is a bit confusing to me, I believe thiers a choke point further out (helms dike)

but i kinda dont get the surrounding area, theirs thick forrests with ents nearby, do they get ents? lol

capt it up
Urikai arent that good no expression

Besides Wolverine killed like what 10,000 ninjas confused

10,000 ninjas >>>> 50,000 Urikai
I agree with u here

capt it up
Originally posted by A.J
confused laughing laughing laughing
I was speaking about comic wolverine

Black Rob
You saw Wolverine at the end? He'd beat all those orcs himself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.