I Am So Hurt Today

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shepherd
I HAVE SEVERAL FAVORITE MOVIE ACTOR AND ACTRESSES AND A FEW ONES I ADMIRE.ONE OF THE ONES I ADMIRE,OR DID ADMIRE,I SAW OVER THE WEEK-END.SHE MAY BE AN UNKNOWN TO MANY BUT SHE IS SO FUNNY AND BEFORE THEN,I DID LIKE HER ACTING.I TOLD MY HUSBAND I WAS GOING OVER TO MEET HER.I DID.I SAID HI LORETTA(HER NAME IS LORETTA DEVINE) AND SHE SAID ABRUPTLY,I DON'T KNOW YOU LADY.I SAID I JUST WANTED TO SAY "HI" AND THAT I ENJOY YOUR MOVIES.SHE DIDN'T EVEN ANSWER SO I JUST SAID GOODBYE AND SHE TURNED BACK TO WHAT SHE WAS DOING.I DIDN'T EVEN TELL MY HUSBAND WHAT AND HOW SHE ACTED.I JUST PLAYED IT OFF.HE ASKED DID YOU MEET HER AND WAS SHE NICE?I JUST SAID OH YES SHE WAS REALLY NICE,BUT I WAS HURTING INSIDE.THIS REALLY BOTHERED ME AND I GUESS IT SHOULD NOT HAVE.I AM BETTER TODAY AND BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL BE GOING TO SEE ANY MORE OF HER MOVIES IN THE FUTURE.LIKE SHE CARES.MAYBE I WILL FEEL DIFFERENT LATER ON.WHAT DO YOU THINK DO YOU THINK I AM OVER REACTING OR DO YOU THINK SHE REALLY JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BE NOTICED AND JUST WANTED TO BE LEFT ALONE?I CAN CERTAINLY RESPECT THAT,BUT SHE WAS SO NASTY AND RUDE.HELP. SHEPHERD sad

Bardock42
I don't like Loretta Devine...I find her annoying...then again, I find all-caps annoying.

but I guess you need to understand that Actors are also jsut people, that have good days and bad days, if you enjoy her acting ..well, it didn't change becuase of that incident, did it?

botankus
Maybe she spoke to her in ALL CAPS. That's a major turnoff.

InnerRise
Originally posted by botankus
Maybe she spoke to her in ALL CAPS. That's a major turnoff.
Yes exactly.

is it comprehensible.....

shepherd
I THINK MISSPELLED WORDS ARE EVEN MORE ANNOYING THAN CAPS.THANKS FOR THE NEGATIVE RESPONSE.

Captain REX
Stop typing in caps, please. no expression

And actors and actresses are bitchy, those stuck-up snobs.

shepherd
I can see the screen better in caps.what is the big problem?Is this a symptom that you are dealing with? I have never heard of anything so silly.What's the point? It doesn't matter if it's caps or not.The thing that matters is if you can read it or not and if it is SPELLED CORRECTLY. Right? rolling on floor laughing

botankus
You can do it if you want, but it's considered screaming on a message board and fairly rude!!

YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU WANT, BUT IT'S CONSIDERED SCREAMING ON A MESSAGE BOARD AND FAIRLY RUDE!!

See the difference?

OB1-adobe
Her saying : "I don't know you lady" was actually pretty low of her, espeacially since you politley said "Hi"

How did you know when and how to meet this person?

Morning_Glory
she was actually mean? well she is full of herself then... I liked her in Waiting to Exhale...blahness to her... but how can you hurt over her... shes not that special

botankus
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
blahness to her

laughing
That's "She Sucks" in MorningGlory-ese.

.Dance_Inside.
yeah..i actually think..what she said to you is really rude, because I'll you did was say 'Hi.' It's not like you went screaming and running up to her. She should have at least responding in a nice manner. I really don't think you overreacted, because when I think about it, if I went up to my favourite celeb and said 'hi' and he/she just ignored me. Yeah I would be really hurt. I know it's stupid, but seriously I would be. and another thing, if she didn't want to be noticed, then why was she out as herself in the first place? you know what i mean? she was obv. just being a *****.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by botankus
You can do it if you want, but it's considered screaming on a message board and fairly rude!!

YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU WANT, BUT IT'S CONSIDERED SCREAMING ON A MESSAGE BOARD AND FAIRLY RUDE!!

See the difference?

o get over it already with the caps... who really gives a crap.. obviously she is new..tsk

wuTa
whoooo, what a b!tch.....I never heard of her myself...but she sounds like a total b!tch

botankus
o get over it already with the caps... who really gives a crap.. obviously she is new..tsk

99 times out of 100 this will be the only post involvement at KMC. That's quite rude to provide pollution in a hit-and-run type of strike. At least it wasn't SPAM.

Morning_Glory
and I care why?

Bardock42
and I care why?

Because you responded to his initial comment? Well, that's what I got from that, seems I was wrong.

shepherd
Thanks to all of you who responded to my hurt.I am glad to know I did not overreact.And yes I am new to the site,and didn't know that writing in caps was annoying to anyone.On my computer screen,I can see the printing much better if I type in caps,that is the only reason I did.I am trying to do better not to please you,but to help myself.I really could care less what you think.I feel anyone who complains on such a small matter,has a major problem,big time. Oh yes! When you were getting all on my case about the caps,you didn't check your Spell check carefully and words were spelled wrong and I had to try and figure out what they spelled. I think that is more important, Don't you? Thanks again for all of the positive feedback I received. I appreciate it. smile

shepherd
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Her saying : "I don't know you lady" was actually pretty low of her, espeacially since you politley said "Hi"

How did you know when and how to meet this person? My husband and I were on a weekend leaving a mall in Sn Diego and saw her as we were leaving.There was really no one around accept for a open parking lot of car. she was coming in,we were going out.

Darth Vicious
I understand her (LORETTA DEVINE). After having a mediocre film career and being as huge as she is, she has every right to be bitchy. big grin

gshkris7272
haha!

charmedFairy
Really, her? She looks nice, at least that's what I thought so anyway. I really liked her in Grey's and Supernatural. You shouldn't take it too seriously, you liked her because of how you thought she was but now that you've met her you know better. That counts for something, no? smile

Bloody^Pirate
well yeah that incident certainly changed your mind about her and when watching her movies you would deffinitely see her as a different person!
when we watch some movies and we pick some actors as our favourite ones, we start liking them and creating a positive image about their real life character too, so film by film you sympathize thyem even more... I dont think you are overeacting, as a matter of fact i would have felt the same way too! btw i dont like her, there are way too better actresses

RZA
The thing that really irks me about some of these celebrities is their hypocritical nature at times. They have every right to say to someone 'hey, I don't know you.' Which is perfectly cool because it's true, they don't know you. Just because you seem them on TV everyday or in a movie doesn't mean you know them.

So, that's not what bothers me, the thing that bothers me is when they want you or better yet need you to know who they are. Like in those 'Punked' episodes, especially the one's that involve them getting arrested for something bogus, they always say 'you know me man, I'm on TV, you know who I am, c'mon you know me.' I think Brandy's was the best, when she cried to that cop about how her and her brother were good kids. 'You know us, you see us on TV, you know we're good kids'...pftt...whatever.

Kobe is another example that also comes to mind during that whole rape trial thing. When he did his little speech about 'C'mon you know me man, you know I wouldn't do this'...pfttt...no mutha****a I don't know you, I don't know if you did that sh^t or not!

Anyway, in my personal experiences most celebs that I've met are pretty cool, especially the athletes. But I'm not the type to get all excited over meeting them anyway and most are cool about that. Again, the one's that really bother me are the ones who want you to know who they are, so if you ignore them, they get pissed. They'll be like 'don't you know who I am'? There's 2 guys that go to my gym that piss me off with that stuff. One of them is really famous and the other one has had like small roles in movies but can't stop bragging about it. I ignore both of them but some people kiss their ass.

Btw, this reminds me of an amusing celebrity run in of my own. I was sitting at an oceanside restaurant and I had a really nice seat with a really nice view and this celebrity came in, walked over to me and stood right in front of me and said 'Hey, what's up?' I recognized him but I just played it off and said 'Hey' back and that was it and he walked away kinda pissed. I knew he wanted me to recognize him because he wanted my seat. He later came over with his agent and the rest of his posse, including hot chicks, and admitted that he did want my seat. He turned out to be pretty cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.