Best melee duelers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Count Kent
This is for the best melee dueler in the SW EU. Ignore vurtual unknowns such as Tulak Hord and Ajunta Pall. My vote goes to Revan.

Blue_Hefner
You say no unknowns but yet you say Revan.smh.

My vote goes to Yoda because he was a master of all lightsaber forms.

Count Kent
How is Revan an unknown? He had his own game and a bunch of other EU material.

Blue_Hefner
He is only as good as you were in the game. There's no definite level of his power that I'm aware of. What else was he in besides KOTOR?

Count Kent
Comics, novels, cartoons, references.

Blue_Hefner
Which?

Count Kent
http://www.google.co.uk

Do some research.

Legion_of_Maul
from the movies it would have to be...
1) Lor Pelek
2) Mace windu
3) darth maul
4) darth vader
5) Obiwan tpm through ROLV

Count Kent
From the movies and CW cartoons, Mace Windu displays the most extraordinary jedi skills.

Legion_of_Maul
true, but in shatterpoint he got busted up by kar vastor.

henniestevens
we all have or bad days, don't we?

Legion_of_Maul
yeah and he was just trying to make kar think that was how good he was, but kar didn't fall for it.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Count Kent
http://www.google.co.uk

Do some research.

y
No, its your responsibility to provide the links, not his.

Great Vengeance
The best duelist is DN Luke.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by henniestevens
Mace said he wouldn't win even if he was on his best day.

henniestevens
oh.... I gotta read the book sometime...

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
The best duelist is DN Luke.

Count Kent
DN Luke is a close second for me.

Legion_of_Maul
Kun is the best with double blades... of course only he and darth maul used dual blades, and plus maul didn't train like kun did.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
Kun is the best with double blades... of course only he and darth maul used dual blades, and plus maul didn't train like kun did.

Bastila used a double-bladed lightsaber, too. stick out tongue

Legion_of_Maul
oh, i thought that was just what KOTOR was all !abooot!(Go canadians!)

Darth Vious
I don't know about EU, but from the movies, I'd say the best melee duelers were Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

jollyjim311
I like them both, but I'd have to say you're incorrect. Plus, how can you say Qui Gon is the best when he got beat by Maul? Anywho, from the movies: The normal running contenders: Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Mace, Vader, yada, yada, yada.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I like them both, but I'd have to say you're incorrect. Plus, how can you say Qui Gon is the best when he got beat by Maul?
Was Qui-Gon beaten in a melee situation or a one on one duel?

Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Mace, Vader,
And when were any of them actually in an extended melee situation?

Legion_of_Maul
i have to disagree with yoda being a good melee duelest, a good duelest yes, but this is melee, fighting, and so my choice for best melee top three are:
1)Lor Pelek (Kar Vastor)
2)Mace Windu
3)Darth Maul

grievous has an unfair advantage overall.

TheBalance
Originally posted by henniestevens

mad sig

Count Kent
Lightsaber dueling is a form of melee dueling.

TheBalance
Originally posted by Count Kent
Lightsaber dueling is a form of melee dueling.

too right

Legion_of_Maul
yeah, but he was referring to fist fighters, he could've just said duelists if he wanted to...

Darth Vundi
Ki-adi-Mundi

Darth Katarn
Katarn of the DN

zephiel7
The best melee duelist is Tulak Hord.

ESB - 1138
I like them both, but I'd have to say you're incorrect. Plus, how can you say Qui Gon is the best when he got beat by Maul? Anywho, from the movies: The normal running contenders: Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Mace, Vader, yada, yada, yada.

No. This is the best melee duelers. So that means no force. Yoda sucks without the force. It would be

1.) Mace/Anakin
2.) Mace/Anakin
3.) Count Dooku/Obi-Wan/Palpatine

Jam-Jul_Lison
let's go with people we actualy know were in situations without the force to aid them. Both Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade ended up in situations like this. You can thank the ysalamiri for that. For those that do not know what those are just go here. http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/ysalamiri/index.html

I think one of the main weaknesses of the prequal Jedi Order was the fact they they relied so much on the force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.