Kar Vastor vs. Shimarra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue_Hefner
This is my first topic like this so forgive me if it isn't very good. I didn't see any topic like this when I used the search so I decided I would make it.

Alright the setting is on Dxun.

Legion_of_Maul
ahhh, one of my favorite characters versus someone i have never heard of.
Kar was as strong as he was without force training, and gosh windu was the most powerful of all goshs at force using.

Lightsnake
Shimrra takes this...he's bigger, nastier and force powers won't mean a thing

Count Kent
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Shimrra takes this...he's bigger, nastier and force powers won't mean a thing
Happy Dance I Happy Dance agree Happy Dance .

Legion_of_Maul
well, who is Shimirra

Xepeyon
The Yuzhann Vong Overlord. Only Luke Skywalker could defeat him.

Legion_of_Maul
oh
well... i guess he is powerful

Count Kent
Shimmra was incredible. Kyle or Kyp could have possibly defeated him.

Blue_Hefner
Kyp couln't even beat Shimarra's slayers.

Legion_of_Maul
Is this in Dn or NJO

Great Vengeance
Shimmra PWNS.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Count Kent
Shimmra was incredible. Kyle or Kyp could have possibly defeated him.

I doubt that. Luke struggled terribly with Shimrra.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Shimmra PWNS.

I agree. This fight ends with a blast bug in Vastor's face.

((The_Anomaly))
Vastor gets eaten.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
Is this in Dn or NJO

NJO

Null ARC Avis
the only reason luke won was because shimmara pulled out a lightsaber. If he hadnt he would have suffocated luke.

Lightsnake
If Shimrra hadn't pulled out the saber, he never would've trapped Luke

Null ARC Avis
no it said that luke was holding on to the staff, but it was clearly crushing him.

Lightsnake
After he blocked Shimrra's saber swing, which allowed Shim to use the Scepter of Power to catch Luke

Null ARC Avis
yes but after he blocked it he pulled the saber from th e OL hands and killed him. the scepter didnt need to bite him. it could have just crushed him.

Blue_Hefner
I never read anywhere in TUF where Onimi uses a lightsaber or fights Luke.

Null ARC Avis
i was talking about Shimarra.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I never read anywhere in TUF where Onimi uses a lightsaber or fights Luke.

Go read the last 6 posts.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
Is this in Dn or NJO

Doesn't matter. Any form of Shimrra beats Kar Vastor.

kamikz
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
yes but after he blocked it he pulled the saber from th e OL hands and killed him. the scepter didnt need to bite him. it could have just crushed him.

We don't know that, as Kreia said, jedi can breath through the force, some who are powerfull can even last for days and weeks. He was also tired from the last battle... But anyway, Shimrra takes this easy.

Lightsnake
I think it's different when you're being constricted by a MASSIVE SNAKE

Null ARC Avis
and it isnt breathing that is the problem. he was getting crushed not choked. when his ribs break he will lose streangh very quickly and lose his grip on the snake.

kamikz
Oh ok, I thought it only said suffocated.... Well still though, he had defeated a small army before it and many slayers, even though they might not be a very large match, fighting that many that fast is very, very exhausting.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
i was talking about Shimarra.
Shimarra is not the Supreme Over Lord

DePWNZOR
Yes he is. Officicially, he is. He was a puppet, but was the OFFICIAL supreme Overlord.
\
Anyway, the cooler character wins (Shimmra)

Darth_Glentract
For those of you who don't know, Kar is more powerful then Mace. He very well might defeat Shimrra.

darthsith19
No, when they fought with weapons Mace won. Kar only won the unarmed brawl. If Shimarra can compete with NJO Luke then he beats Kar.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
For those of you who don't know, Kar is more powerful then Mace. He very well might defeat Shimrra.

Not a chance. Kar is good and all, but this is someone that is more powerful on a far greater scale.

Darth_Glentract
Shimrra was only able to compete with Luke AFTER Luke had fought through thousands of Yuuzhan Vong and had killed seven of the Elite Slayers. Even further, Shimrra had the dovin basals in the floor on his side. On even turf and rested, Luke would have pwned Shimrra with ease. I believe that Kar would stand a very, very good chance of defeat him.

Lightsnake
Shimrra's much larger, much stronger, has a better arsenal, is, what, just as fast? Has living weaponry...Kar's dead

((The_Anomaly))
And Kar wouldn't have the advantage of the Force, nor is he in the jungle where he derives much of his power from.

Great Vengeance
Kar would have a hell of a time even penetrating Shimmras armor, however all Shimmra needs is one swipe of his amphistaff and Kar is reduced to two seperate pieces.

Count Kent
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Wrong again Glenny.

Blue_Hefner
How is he wrong?

Count Kent
Kar is not stronger then Mace. That is just rediculous.

Blue_Hefner
Of couse he is. Did you even read Shatterpoint?

darthsith19
Ooo, Ooo, I did! And at the end Mace beats Kar!

Blue_Hefner
No Kar beats himself. All Mace does is dodge while Kar strikes at some machine (can't remember which)

DePWNZOR
So Kar could beat ROTS Sidious too? (I never read Shatterpoint)

Lightsnake
Mace hurled a vibroshield at Kar actually

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
So Kar could beat ROTS Sidious too? (I never read Shatterpoint)
Probably. Mace says he (Kar) has as much power as Yoda or Annie.

Admiral Akbar
Kar would not beat Sidious. Kar is a human, lightning should kill him.

darthsith19
No, your wrong, Blue_Hefner, me and Lightsnake are right. Evenb if Mace used Kar's power against him it's still valid, that's what Shatterpoint is, after all.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, your wrong, Blue_Hefner, me and Lightsnake are right. Evenb if Mace used Kar's power against him it's still valid, that's what Shatterpoint is, after all.

I concur.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Mace hurled a vibroshield at Kar actually
Well it's been 3 years since I've read the book.

Darth_Glentract
It said that Kar had as much potential as Yoda or something like that. I realized though that Kar's shields only stopped lightsabers because they were superconductive. That won't work against an amphistaff, hence, Shimrra wins, but only because of that reason.

BTW, tomorrow I leave for a week on vacation in Colorado, so I won't be on.

Lightsnake
Or because Shimrra can grab Kar and tear him into pieces with his bare hands

Darth_Glentract
No he can't. Kar is almost, if not just as strong as Shimrra.

Lightsnake
Shimrra is an eight foot tall mass of muscle, bioengineered to be much stronger than his race when the intendant class is twice as strong as a full grown human being.

You were saying?

Darth_Glentract
Kar is still ridiculously strong. Not only is he at the physical human peak, he is enhanced by the force.

Lightsnake
Which is great. Yuuzhan Vong at prime physical peak always>>>>any human, especially one enhanced for years by shapers

Darth_Glentract
Except Kar's enhancement by the force is greater then Shimmra's bioehancement. Mace stated that Kar had force power as high as Yoda's, just without the control. Kar is strong.

Lightsnake
I'd LOVE to see your source for that, because Luke with his enhancing his strength via the force was just barely able to hold Shimrra off and Shimrra trapped him while he did it.
Shimrra's been enhanced by shapers for decades, perhaps centuries, and he's already naturally stronger than Kar, and bigger

Darth_Glentract
Luke was already stated as exausted. Luke was also fighting against not just Shimrra, but the dovin basals which were weighing him down. Luke at full strength would have pwned Shimrra.

Lightsnake
Just as Shimrra'd outright own Kar. There's just no way Kar can win this.

Darth_Glentract
Like I said, Kar can't win. But what I am saying is that Kar is as strong as Shimrra, physically,speaking.

Lightsnake
And I'm asking you to back that up.
The weakest of Shimrra's race are bigger and stronger than humans.
Shimrra's the strongest and biggest of all.
Shimrra's been enhanced to hell and back

Admiral Akbar
A full strength Luke would not pwn Shimrra, but he would no doubt win against him.

Borbarad
Excuse me - but did you people have a look at the fighting location ? Dxun ? A jungle world ? When one of the combatants is Kar Vastor ?

I agree that Kar wouldn't be able to overcome Shimmra on a "neutral" ground but this is a jungle - his natural living space, the "source" of his powers. And physicaly the guy is a freaking monster. Mace himself (as far as I remember) was only staring at Kar's chest when the lor pelek was standing right in front of him which gives Kar almost the size of Shimmra. He is physically stronger then Mace when Mace was able to almost break the arm of a Korunai by just grabbing it - not with his strongest grip.

And now Kar and Shimmra are fighting in a jungle. Kar's powers exceed those of Mace Windu in this kind of enviroment. He can control plants as well as basically all kind of animals. That might turn out quite bad for Shimmra standing in a jungle crowded with all kind of deadly pretedators and plants - fighting against somebody who can control all of this.

I don't see Shimmra surviving the fight in this enviroment. Can be disturbing even for the supreme overlord to get hit by a tree, jumped by deadly creatures and then have an opponent with the own massive built attacking you who is armed with two weapons that can be used as shields, can cut virtually every other material and are able to withstand direct lightsaber hits. This will get pretty ugly for Shimmra, imho.

Lightsnake
The fact that the jungle isn't Haruun Kal may hinder Kar a bit...and I'm pretty sure when Vong fight in dense foliage areas, they tend to simply obliterate the area.

Vong warriors alone are capable of cutting down packs of wild beasts and using devices to turn forests to cinders. Their Overlord would likely be capable of the same...Shim just needs a few blast bugs or Plasma eels

Blue_Hefner
Perhaps I should have said they would also have to fight off beasts (zakkegs, bomas, cannoks, and drexls) too, and they just have melee weapons and the force.

Admiral Akbar
......Shimrra doesn't use the force. The beast idea is stupid.

darthsith19
Lightsnake, I'm not sure physically how strong Shimarra is but Kar is described as looking like two boulders smashed together and his arms, according to Mace, were as thick as trees.

Lightsnake
Shimrra is gigantic for a race where the average is seven feet and muscled like a damn ox and not a spot on Shim's body is fat, he's all muscle, both natural and enhanced

Admiral Akbar
Yes, Shimrra is an enhanced monster. Try Chewbacca powered physically through the force, and then injected with steroids. Then rinse and repeat.

Count Kent
He's even worse.

Admiral Akbar
Yes, thats why I said rinse and repeat.

((The_Anomaly))
This thread is just ridiculous. Shimmra rips Vastor in half. Honestly.

Admiral Akbar
And then half of that half.

((The_Anomaly))
Then feeds the quarters to babies...

no expression

Admiral Akbar
Then Shimrra eats the babies.

((The_Anomaly))
laughing out loud

Admiral Akbar
Then Shimrra eats the Smiley Face! huh Ok, Im not funny... no

((The_Anomaly))
The joke was done, let it be, let it be stick out tongue

Admiral Akbar
ok... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.