Kill Me Now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
I was sick yesterday (told you guys about it) and then I got better after taking a hot bath and now, starting last night, I have this unbearable sore throat and swollen lymph-nodes as well as I can barely turn my neck.
I've tried the salt and warm water remedy, and teh cayenne and water remedy....No help at all. I can barely swallow as is. Does anyone know what to do because I'm in freaking pain! And please don't recommend things that would probably not be in the common household like "ginger roots" and "mustard seeds" and etc.

LanceWindu
You've got Mono.

InnerRise
I'd suggest you go to the doctor.

is it comprehensible.....

ILoveMyDaniel
Lance< No. Lol. I could have strep throat, or tonsilitus(sp).
IR< I highly doubt anyone will take me. My mother will just tell me it's allergies and it will go away.

Bloigen
Ginger roots and Mustard seeds.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Bloigen
Ginger roots and Mustard seeds.
I'd expect that from you. wink

PVS
it amazes me how people post their health problems on a forum dedicated to movies...rather than see a doctor.

we should have a 'kmc darwin awards' and nominate posts like this.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
IR< I highly doubt anyone will take me. My mother will just tell me it's allergies and it will go away.

Are you a doctor? No...what you have sounds like Mono. Go to the doc to be sure.

Soleran
drink a cup of apple cidar vinegar.

Bloigen
I'd expect that from you. wink

w00t

Bardock42
Just forget it..you are as good as dead..should kill yourself now...to avoid more pain.-

Bloigen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Just forget it..you are as good as dead..should kill yourself now...to avoid more pain.-

yes

InnerRise
IR< I highly doubt anyone will take me. My mother will just tell me it's allergies and it will go away. Well maybe you should sip some of your mother's drink while she's not looking and pass it on to her and then see what she things.

PVS
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well maybe you should sip some of your mother's drink while she's not looking and pass it on to her and then see what she things.

'when spellcheck goes wrong'

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by PVS
it amazes me how people post their health problems on a forum dedicated to movies...rather than see a doctor.

Ghee maybe some of us aren't old enough to take ourselves to the doctor and it sure as hell frustrates my parents.
That's the greatest plan yet! *Shoots self* I'll come back to haunt you and kill you too.
Well maybe you should sip some of your mother's drink while she's not looking and pass it on to her and then see what she things.

laughing out loud

InnerRise
Originally posted by PVS
'when spellcheck goes wrong' Not exactly b/c I didn't use spellcheck.

Bloigen
That's the greatest plan yet! *Shoots self*

w00t

LanceWindu
w00t

Sadly I think she was only joking. sad

Bloigen
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Sadly I think she was only joking. sad

Don't say that. weep

Bardock42
That's the greatest plan yet! *Shoots self* I'll come back to haunt you and kill you too.

Oh well, I probably deserve it.

InnerRise
Don't say that. weep .........she was joking..................

whistling

Bloigen
.........she was joking..................

whistling

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/master.jpg

InnerRise
I am your Master. And don't you forget it muggle.

Bardock42
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/master.jpg
Now that is unfair...if I had said that you would have played along...then again I don't end all my posts with "is it comprehensible....."...so...continue

Bloigen
Now that is unfair...if I had said that you would have played along...then again I don't end all my posts with "is it comprehensible....."...so...continue

hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalYOU'RE GERMAN!hystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical

Bloigen
no expression

Bardock42
hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalYOU'RE GERMAN!hystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical

Not really, I am a Scottish Amerian. I'm jsut covering my inability to spell with a fake German identity.

InnerRise
hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalYOU'RE GERMAN!hystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical Now that's unfair. If I had said something like that you would have played along...although I'm not GERMAN....so continue.

Bloigen
Not really, I am a Scottish Amerian. I'm jsut covering my inability to spell with a fake German identity.

Ok then.

Spell Scotland.

Bardock42
Now that's unfair. If I had said something like that you would have played along...although I'm not GERMAN....so continue.

Hehe, I start to like you....

Bardock42
Ok then.

Spell Scotland.

Sotband....oh damn you knew that we Germans are unable to spell Scotland....

Bloigen
Now that's unfair. If I had said something like that you would have played along...although I'm not GERMAN....so continue.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/binoculars.jpg

Bloigen
Sotband....oh damn you knew that we Germans are unable to spell Scotland....

Do I win? ermm

Bardock42
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/binoculars.jpg

What did he do?

Do I win? ermm

Most unlikely.

Bloigen
What did he do?

Most unlikely.

Shhhh...

I'm hunting wabbit.

Bardock42
Shhhh...

I'm hunting wabbit.

What up doc?

InnerRise
Be wery wery quite he's hunting for a wabbit.

I'm hunting for a Bloigen.

*cocks rifle*

Bloigen
giggle

InnerRise
giggle
What the f**k?

*uncocks rifle and tip toes away*

ILoveMyDaniel
w00t
sad
Don't say that. weep
You guys are mean! Really mean! What the f**k?

Bardock42
sad

You guys are mean! Really mean! What the f**k?

yea...they are so damn good at it.

ILoveMyDaniel
yea...they are so damn good at it.
Lol...You too! schmoll

Inspectah Deck
I was sick yesterday (told you guys about it) and then I got better after taking a hot bath and now, starting last night, I have this unbearable sore throat and swollen lymph-nodes as well as I can barely turn my neck.
I've tried the salt and warm water remedy, and teh cayenne and water remedy....No help at all. I can barely swallow as is. Does anyone know what to do because I'm in freaking pain! And please don't recommend things that would probably not be in the common household like "ginger roots" and "mustard seeds" and etc.

Why the suicidal thoughts?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by PVS

laughing

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Why the suicidal thoughts?
A major difference between suicidal thoughts and trying to help, but I wouldn't expect many KMCers to know that. erm

Bardock42
A major difference between suicidal thoughts and trying to help, but I wouldn't expect many KMCers to know that. erm

Aren't you dead yet?

ILoveMyDaniel
Aren't you dead yet?
No but I'd be delighted if you were.

Xavius
Er . . . I'm a Doctor.

And yeah, Lance was right. You're showing all the symptoms of Mononucleosis. Mono is a serious thing, It can kill you. Go see your local doctor.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Xavius
Er . . . I'm a Doctor.

And yeah, Lance was right. You're showing all the symptoms of Mononucleosis. Mono is a serious thing, It can kill you. Go see your local doctor.
Very funny.

And no it wasn't Mono, it was strep throat. I went to the doctor today. no expression

Xavius
Very funny.

And no it wasn't Mono, it was strep throat. I went to the doctor today. no expression

What's funny?

You had all the symptoms of Mono, BTW.

streptococcal infections happen to have similar symptoms to Mononucleosis.

LanceWindu
Very funny.

That's what the first doctor who saw me said I had too. stick out tongue I went back to the emergency room a couple days later from dehydration and they diagnosed me with Mononucleosis.

Xavius
We aren't always accurate. Most people identify the first stages of Mono as Strep because of the similar symptoms like I previously mentioned. When Mono begins to enhance it's virus level, The symptoms are more apparent.

silver_tears
Are you really a doctor?
I did a report on mono and I was just gonna chime in with a "Ken was right" after reading the first page. The lymph glands thing is a sure tip off. And another big symptom is the fever conditions you experience that peak in the evenings, early afternoons.

You need lots of water and rest if it's truly what you have.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by silver_tears
Are you really a doctor?
I did a report on mono and I was just gonna chime in with a "Ken was right" after reading the first page. The lymph glands thing is a sure tip off. And another big symptom is the fever conditions you experience that peak in the evenings, early afternoons.

You need lots of water and rest if it's truly what you have.

And I can vouch that drinking plenty of water with Mono is nearly impossible. stick out tongue My glands were so swollen I would choke on water. Hence why I became dehydrated so bad. Lots of antibiotics too.

Xavius
And I can vouch that drinking plenty of water with Mono is nearly impossible. stick out tongue My glands were so swollen I would choke on water. Hence why I became dehydrated so bad. Lots of antibiotics too.

No, it's not nearly impossible. As much as it hurts, you MUST drink liquids with Mono if you want it to disperse faster. And you need tons of rest as well.

Antibiotics are good occasionally, but you cannot take them everytime you have a sickness. They often break down your bodies natural abilities to heal itself and besides, you can grow immunity to certain Antibiotic classes if you perpetually take them.

silver_tears
That's shit though, it's a viral infection, meds can't help you stick out tongue
Unless it's deadly serious you have to wait it out. You can take various syrups to soothe a sore throat, and acetaminophen to control fever. Then there's other ways to deal with like swelling of your airway passages and etc, but that's rare and really serious. erm

LanceWindu
That's shit though, it's a viral infection, meds can't help you stick out tongue
Unless it's deadly serious you have to wait it out. You can take various syrups to soothe a sore throat, and acetaminophen to control fever. Then there's other ways to deal with like swelling of your airway passages and etc, but that's rare and really serious. erm

The doctor prescribed antibiotics for it though. stick out tongue And within a week it was nearly all gone.

Xavius
Not so true. There are Anti-Viral Medicines that can be prescribed if the spreading is on a serious level. Yeah, Syrups are fair as well.

NineCoronas
I have the same sympstoms, as does my friend. My friend has tonsilitis, I do not. no expression

silver_tears
The doctor prescribed antibiotics for it though. stick out tongue And within a week it was nearly all gone.

Mono never leaves your body, it just goes dormant ninja2
It only causes problems when it's new in your body, otherwise it's just there.

Xavius
Mono never leaves your body, it just goes dormant ninja2
It only causes problems when it's new in your body, otherwise it's just there.

Yes, but generally, people only get Mono once.

And Ken, Antibiotics DO NOT work against Viruses. You must've had an Anti-Viral Medicine.

Also, gargling Water with salt in it helps as well.

silver_tears
So how did you get to be a 22 year old doctor?

Xavius
I joined a Canadian Med School when I was eighteen. I was in there for three and a half years. Just graduate at the beginning of last September.

Xavius
In two years, I have to back to school again for another year.

silver_tears
I was under the impression that you had to earn a bachelor's degree before you attend med school erm
What part of Canada are you from?
My brother's studying to be a surgeon and he's nowhere near med school yet, he's still slogging through classes at UofT.

Xavius
I was under the impression that you had to earn a bachelor's degree before you attend med school erm
What part of Canada are you from?
My brother's studying to be a surgeon and he's nowhere near med school yet, he's still slogging through classes at UofT.

Most people do need a bachelor's degree before they do enter Med School, but I had finished Physics classes and most of my Science classes with Honors and I had done tons of Volunteer work involving Medicine, Pharmacys and several other things, including getting my First Aid Basics and Advance courses when I was fifteen. stick out tongue

I applied for Med School and my family thought I was nuts . . . Until they school accepted me.

I'm from British Columbia.

silver_tears
That's impressive, good for you smile

Xavius
That's impressive, good for you smile

Thanks.

So, what do you do for a living?

silver_tears
I'm graduating high school in 3 weeks stick out tongue

Mišt
Originally posted by PVS

laughing out loud

TOH
I'm graduating high school in 3 weeks stick out tongue
w00t Thats my girl!

silver_tears
diva

With awards to boot! icon5

Inspectah Deck
No but I'd be delighted if you were.

How can you delighted if you are dead?

Raven Guardia

Originally posted by PVS
'when spellcheck goes wrong'

Not exactly b/c I didn't use spellcheck.

Me > laughing laughing

sorry InnerRise, but you set yourself up for that one laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.