which gods are the better 'GODS'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ALEMASTER
ok are the gods of egypt

RA
SETH
ANUBIS
Isis
Geb
Horus
Nut
Osiris
Seth

olympian gods

Apollo
Ares
Artemis
Athena
Dionysus
Hercules
Hephaestus
Hera
Hermes
Hippolyta
Neptune
Pluto
Venus
Vesta
Zeus

norse gods

Balder
Fandral
Frigga
Frey
Heimdall
Hela
Hermod
Hoder
Hogun
Idunn
Loki
Odin
Sigyn
Sif
Thor
Tyr
Valkyrie
Vidar
Volla
Volstagg

DigiMark007
Is this a battle? Or just an opinion of mythology?? Because it might belong in the history forum or something.

Artemis (Diana) was always my favorite.

golem370
Thoth is the coolest.

guy222
norse

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is this a battle? Or just an opinion of mythology?? Because it might belong in the history forum or something.

Artemis (Diana) was always my favorite.

Good question...anyway Thor. Didnt Diana kill some guy because he accidently looked at her while bathing?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by guy222
norse

Egyptians!

guy222
Norse big grin

Southern_Rebel
In Mythology, the Greek gods would take the win. The Greeks are more widely known than the other pantheons. Also, the Greeks seem to have a higher level of immortality than the other gods. From my understanding, the Norse gods are not truly immortal...but merely have long long life spans.

The Eyptian gods are similar. However, the death of their gods, like Osiris, is all attributed to their culture...death and rebirth. For instance, the Nile River gives a barren and "dead" land life again...with the ebbing and flowing of its waters.

Anyway, I believe the Olympians take this because they are more mainstream and their powers have been exemplified more through many myths that have been written about them.

LORD B
imo
comics -norse
mythology-olympian

Dgw2007
Originally posted by LORD B
imo
comics -norse
mythology-olympian I agree

Gecko4lif
Ares (dc) rapes pathenons

Sirius77
Greek.

Lumby
Jesus. no expression

King Kandy
Egyptian mythology is so boring. Greek has to take the win here.

janus77
egyptian.
the greeks are just a translation of the concepts/myths. Heroditus says as much, how the greeks imported their gods from the ancient egyptians yes

anyway, Indian Gods over all yes

King Kandy
Wha? Greek myths are QUITE different from Egyptian ones.

In my opinion Chinese mythology is the best by far.

Grinning Goku
Greek or Norse.

Phantom Zone
Meh this is purely subjective but in terms of reliability I put the Norse over the Greeks anyday.

Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
In Mythology, the Greek gods would take the win. The Greeks are more widely known than the other pantheons. Also, the Greeks seem to have a higher level of immortality than the other gods. From my understanding, the Norse gods are not truly immortal...but merely have long long life spans.

The Eyptian gods are similar. However, the death of their gods, like Osiris, is all attributed to their culture...death and rebirth. For instance, the Nile River gives a barren and "dead" land life again...with the ebbing and flowing of its waters.

Anyway, I believe the Olympians take this because they are more mainstream and their powers have been exemplified more through many myths that have been written about them.

The Norse gods need to replenish their youth with the apples of Idunn apart from that they have comparable feats with Greek gods, sometimes they seem like normal people other times they are like abstract entities.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by LORD B
imo
comics -norse
mythology-olympian

Co-signed

Phantom Zone
Meh I feel like starting a mythology vs comics thread but its too much of a passionate subject I would probably end up getting upset.

llagrok
Norse takes this in mythology and comics.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by llagrok
Norse takes this in mythology and comics.

Your just saying that because you're Norwegian. no expression

llagrok
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Your just saying that because you're Norwegian. no expression

Nope.

I'm saying this because I think they're more powerful.

And because Norway pwns

Phantom Zone
Nope.

I'm saying this because I think they're more powerful.

In comics maybe but you cant prove it via mythology.

And because Norway pwns

Well ok thats purely subjective but I have no beef with Norway.

janus77
Originally posted by King Kandy
Wha? Greek myths are QUITE different from Egyptian ones.

In my opinion Chinese mythology is the best by far.
all myths reflect their communities, because they become adapted to suite the needs of particular peoples... their concerns and aspirations.

umm, Herodotus wrote in Histories, whilst relating his knowledge of Egypt, about how the Greeks learned about the Gods from the Egyptians, and appropriated them as they saw fit.

the Romans took the whole pantheon from the Greeks and made it convincingly their own, why is it difficult to understand that the Greeks did that with Egyptian materials.

The Egyptians in their turn, are said to have got a few ideas/concepts from the more ancient Hindu civilisations by and around the Indus and the deccan. quite fascinating stuff.

still, my favourite God is Janus... he sheltered Saturn from Jupiter (Chronos from Zeus, in their Greek representations) and basically doesn't pre-exist the Romans.

llagrok
In comics maybe but you cant prove it via mythology.

I can't prove it?

They've got pretty good feats.

Phantom Zone
I can't prove it?

They've got pretty good feats.

I know they do but so do other gods.

SupremeMan
Same question others have asked.

Favorite mythology?

Norse.

Best mythology?

No way to define that. Best written? One I like best?

Who would win in a fight?

I don't know. Ares would run like s**t the moment he realized his opponent had a fighting chance. Athena vs. Thor would be interesting.

Greek Myth was much more outward looking.

Zeus: "Hey let's watch this war and decide who to cheer for or watch this guy slay a monster. I think I'll be his patron. He's brave and heroic."

Norse Myth was much more inward looking.

Odin: "I think I'll go tear my eye out, hang on this tree and gain wisdom."

I read some of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. But I couldn't derive any real power levels from it.

Even the Greek gods could die contrary to this idea that's gotten around that they were unkillable. Ares was once captured by Hephaestus and it was said he would eventually whither and die of he went too long without ambrosia, the food of the gods. That's very much like Norse Myth where the gods would die without the apples cared for by Idunn.

I don't know enough about most mythologies to say who would win a war. I suspect most people will say Greek or Norse, but that's only because of familiarity with Greek and Norse and knowing squat about the others.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Same question others have asked.

Favorite mythology?

Norse.

Best mythology?

No way to define that. Best written? One I like best?

Who would win in a fight?

I don't know. Ares would run like s**t the moment he realized his opponent had a fighting chance. Athena vs. Thor would be interesting.

Greek Myth was much more outward looking.

Zeus: "Hey let's watch this war and decide who to cheer for or watch this guy slay a monster. I think I'll be his patron. He's brave and heroic."

Norse Myth was much more inward looking.

Odin: "I think I'll go tear my eye out, hang on this tree and gain wisdom."

I read some of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. But I couldn't derive any real power levels from it.

Even the Greek gods could die contrary to this idea that's gotten around that they were unkillable. Ares was once captured by Hephaestus and it was said he would eventually whither and die of he went too long without ambrosia, the food of the gods. That's very much like Norse Myth where the gods would die without the apples cared for by Idunn.

I don't know enough about most mythologies to say who would win a war. I suspect most people will say Greek or Norse, but that's only because of familiarity with Greek and Norse and knowing squat about the others.

I would agree with most of that.

makmeh
Meh I feel like starting a mythology vs comics thread but its too much of a passionate subject I would probably end up getting upset. keep that shit out of here

its all make believe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.