NBA: Who likes the Knicks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blade.5
Is there anyone else here who supports the New York Knicks? They have always been my favourite team, and I am the only person I know who does.

darth_royke
cant you just ask in the nba thread? i used to like watching them play... but last few years no ta. pat ewings a legend

Blade.5
I know... They have really good players, like Francais, Marbury, Richardson, and a good coach but they still lose all the time... Hows that work?

Templares
Knicks fans are sick people laughing.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Blade.5
Is there anyone else here who supports the New York Knicks? They have always been my favourite team, and I am the only person I know who does.

i do love them and it pains me to see them suck so much ass... miffed

RogerRamjet
I know... They have really good players, like Francais, Marbury, Richardson, and a good coach but they still lose all the time... Hows that work?

they're missing a leading figure like Ewing was, and everything went down the drain after he left, he left a gap that could not be filled by Marbury or trash like Luc Longley. and why is that? because during the years they soley focused on building a team around Ewing, well that went exceptional until he got older and slower...and the fatal mistake was made when they were still trying to build a team around Ewing with him as the central scorer, when it was necessary to change the system they didn't..the Knicks playing mentality was always with a strong center position, they never evolved like the Houston Rockets, when Olayjuwon retired. bloody shame..but let's wait what the draft lottery holds in store for them big grin

PINBALL
I would be embarassed to be a Knick fan...

Myth

Francis and especially Marbury have never been winners. If they are your top guys, your team will instantly be in trouble.

koolruningz

They dont have any players that compliment each other, Marbury and Francis are not the type of PG's you want if Larry Brown is the coach because he preaches teamwork and defense. Richardson can only be effective when he has someone creating open looks for him, which wont happen with their current PG's. Crawford has a nice game but doesnt get as much of the ball as he should.

Frye, Lee and Crawford are probably the brightest spots on the team and when they are nowhere near the highest earners then you know you are in a hole for a long time. They have so many huge contracts taken up by players that are the wrong fit, off the top of my head i can think of Marbury, Francis, Rose and Curry but im pretty sure they have more dead weight. The Curry deal is probably the worst decision Isiah made and thats saying something, they took on a fat center with heart problems who doesnt play defense with a huge contract and gave up so many draft picks (one of which is the 2nd this year) that they have no hope of improving for years. They also gave up Thomas and Sweetney in that deal but its the draft picks that will really come back to haunt them.

They're only hope is to unload the huge long term contracts they have for huge expiring ones but thats a real long shot. I cant see any GM with a brain wanting to take on Marbury, Francis or Curry's bloated contracts. I think Rose's comes off next season though so thats a start.

The true test of a fan is supporting your team through the tough times, so i commend you on your loyalty but it looks like its gonna be a rough ride.

GO LAKERS. stick out tongue

PINBALL
Originally posted by Myth
Francis and especially Marbury have never been winners. If they are your top guys, your team will instantly be in trouble.

Oh so very true...

Dexx
this can perfectly be discussed in the nba thread. closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.