Annihilation: Silver Surfer #3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Validus
http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/4911/annihilationsilversurfer03page.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4911/annihilationsilversurfer03page.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/978/annihilationsilversurfer03page1.th.jpg http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4911/annihilationsilversurfer03page.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/3484/annihilationsilversurfer03page2.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/1152/annihilationsilversurfer03page3.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/1725/annihilationsilversurfer03page4.th.jpg

So the Surfer gets a power up and is once again herald to Galactus. Bet Thanos still curbstomps him. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
So Annihilus thinks he can apprehend Galactus!? wtf?

Soleran
Hmmm I am thinking Thanos won't curbstomp him but they will do more of a SS is powered up and Thanos needs to retreat to rethink how he handles SS. Gah SS is "powered" up again, great! sick

Cool scans though, thanks Val.

Skeets
Surfer's the man I hope he does something with the power up besides get stomped by Thanos.

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So Annihilus thinks he can apprehend Galactus!? wtf?
They're setting up Galactus & Surfer Vs Tenebrous & Aegis. Right now Stardust, Firelord and Red Shift are whooping on the Annihilation Wave.

Lucid Lui
Liking the designs for Tenebrous and Aegis.

Good issue.

Mindship
Great. He's powered-up and gets his silver briefs back... doh

Validus
Originally posted by Mindship
Great. He's powered-up and gets his silver briefs back... doh
The silver briefs of power. Happy Dance

Rols
Amen to that big grin. Thanos could probably curbstamp him, maybe or maybe not.

juggernaut66666
a question Who the hell allowed you to use my sig While i made this for someone else?!

Rols
What is a sig? sorry im new to this, let me knw and ill remove it.
Buddy take it easy will yeah....jezzz

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Rols
What is a sig? sorry im new to this, let me knw and ill remove it.
Buddy take it easy will yeah....jezzz
k no hard feelings just imade that picture(sig) with thanos for glem 370 and he is usin it at the moment

ScarletSpider
Well, we don't really know what kind of "upgrade" Surfer got. He has an immense amount of power to begin with, if Galactus were to simply remove his personal psychological restrictions, he would be a great force.

Also, who's to say Thanos and Surfer are going to fight anyways? Thanos has no allegience to Annihilus, he seems to be playing him actually, "allying" himself simply to extract a fee of Annihilus.

Also, a significant event for those Heralds of Galactus fans, Morg's dead.

So that puts Air-Walker, Morg and Nova underground.
Terrax is Annihilus' captive.
The Fallen One is under Thanos' thrall.
Firelord, Red Shift and Stardust have banded together.
Silver Surfer is again chilling with Galactus.

Validus
Hasn't Morg been dead for awhile now?

Grimm22
Wait wha?!? What the f**k?

Surfer got a unneeded power up and is now a herald again no expression

Great job Keith Giffen you just undid one of the greatest stories ever told mad

ScarletSpider
Yeah, right. Giffen's been operating in the industry and telling stories for decades now. I think he might know what he's doing a bit more than you do. All we've heard is what Galactus has said, we've really seen nothing of this new Surfer.

Stupid Rookie
Thanks for the scans Validus! Can't wait to see how powerful he really is now.

Wally West
Pretty cool issue, I'm interested to see Surfer as Galactus' herald again, not sure how long it will last though. Can't wait to see exactly which side Thanos is on and what hes up too.

Thanos: Do not threaten me. I am not one of Lord Annihilus' drones.
Annihilus: Of course not...of course not.

cool

manjaro
i got a question? isnt glactus supposed to be in the negative zone in his human form...or did his energies find him

Mider
so those three heralds are defeating the annihilation wave or giving it trouble i though each member of the wave was herald level

grey fox
The Annihilation series looks pretty good....

Marvel seem to be currently generating better crossovers then DC....

Mider
marvel has more to work with, DC keeps relying on the same characters for years and years and not develope the others as much as there top ones but marvel has alot of top dogs who they can keep on using and developing and the like.

Validus
Originally posted by Mider
marvel has more to work with, DC keeps relying on the same characters for years and years and not develope the others as much as there top ones but marvel has alot of top dogs who they can keep on using and developing and the like.
That's not true. DC developed tons of great new characters in the 80s and 90s , probably more than Marvel. The difference is those characters don't get the spotlight they should. Every crossover pretty much focuses on the Holy Trinity.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
That's not true. DC developed tons of great new characters in the 80s and 90s , probably more than Marvel. The difference is those characters don't get the spotlight they should. Every crossover pretty much focuses on the Holy Trinity.

Yup, and then they kill off the old characters instead of doing something like this...

UltimateStryfe
yeeeeeeessssssssssss...

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
Yup, and then they kill off the old characters instead of doing something like this...
I'd say it's the younger characters in DC who usually get axe.

grey fox
Rat catcher , Amazons , Seven Soldiers ?

How are these old characters ?

Validus
Rat catcher , Amazons , Seven Soldiers ?

How are these old characters ?
The Amazons and Seven Soldiers (originals) have been around a long time. What are you getting at here?

grey fox
You just said it's usually younger characters are usually killed. I then stated characters that have been killed off that are exceedingly old.

Skeets
I haven't picked up Nova yet so what has Quasar been doing all this time?

Accel
I thought Quasar was going to get his own Annihilation title.

Validus
You just said it's usually younger characters are usually killed. I then stated characters that have been killed off that are exceedingly old.
Killed or have their character altered in an unneeded manner, yes. I'm talking young within the universe, not chronologically.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by manjaro
i got a question? isnt glactus supposed to be in the negative zone in his human form...or did his energies find him

Yes he was hiding on another dimension to delay the galactus energy bonding with him once again after that FF arc. Eventually, i guess it found him since he appeared in stormbreaker as big G complete with Stardust as a herald.

ScarletSpider
How Galactus is out and about and all fine and dandy has not been explained, though it's not crucial to the story. The fact that Annihilus needs Power Cosmic and Galactus is the source of that power is crucial. Were an explanation needed, I'd hazard a guess that as our Universe expanded and started to breach Negative Zone boarders, when Annihilus gathered up his armies and moved into our universe, it acted as a beacon for the Galactus energies to find the non-powered Galen.

As far as Quasar, he hasn't been seen in a little while, last in Fantastic Four to help them out when Johnny became the Invisible Man, and before that he helped out the Avengers a couple times. His default limbo status is hanging out in space as the Protector of the Universe, so it's no big deal for him to show up where great disaster is impending.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
How Galactus is out and about and all fine and dandy has not been explained, though it's not crucial to the story. The fact that Annihilus needs Power Cosmic and Galactus is the source of that power is crucial. Were an explanation needed, I'd hazard a guess that as our Universe expanded and started to breach Negative Zone boarders, when Annihilus gathered up his armies and moved into our universe, it acted as a beacon for the Galactus energies to find the non-powered Galen.

As far as Quasar, he hasn't been seen in a little while, last in Fantastic Four to help them out when Johnny became the Invisible Man, and before that he helped out the Avengers a couple times. His default limbo status is hanging out in space as the Protector of the Universe, so it's no big deal for him to show up where great disaster is impending. Actually he did just show up at the end of the last Annihlation Nova comic.

ScarletSpider
I know, I meant before his most recent appearance in Nova. I should have been more clear, sorry. I just meant that his usual modus operandi doesn't put him at odds with appearing in that title.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Accel
I thought Quasar was going to get his own Annihilation title.

Nope, I remember reading something about Annihilation in a comic (can't remember or find which comic and it's bugging me) where one of the writers was explaining why each main character was chosen for the 4 titles .... I was a little disappointed that Quasar didn't get his own book .... and I'm not sure why they bothered with Ronan the Accuser

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4911/annihilationsilversurfer03page.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/3484/annihilationsilversurfer03page2.th.jpg

Why do these guys act so confident when they're about to tackle Galactus.... then sh!t themselves when they think the Surfer is there? They must be getting their information from some faulty fanboy version of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe

Mider
lol they must be reading about galactus jobbing, lameness total lameness surfer has better feats then galactus.......i repeat lameness on a COSMICCCC scale (was trying to be funny with that COSMICC) get it galactus=source of power cosmic?

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
Nope, I remember reading something about Annihilation in a comic (can't remember or find which comic and it's bugging me) where one of the writers was explaining why each main character was chosen for the 4 titles .... I was a little disappointed that Quasar didn't get his own book .... and I'm not sure why they bothered with Ronan the Accuser

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4911/annihilationsilversurfer03page.th.jpg http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/3484/annihilationsilversurfer03page2.th.jpg

Why do these guys act so confident when they're about to tackle Galactus.... then sh!t themselves when they think the Surfer is there? They must be getting their information from some faulty fanboy version of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe

Now my Vocabulary is pretty high in my own opinion . But what the hell did that seeker mean by 'So august ' ?

And yes, Their shitting themselves at Surfer yet their smug at Galactus ?

Also why are they actually fretting , call me stupid but all i see is Big G with electricity flowing within his hands ?

Accel
Now my Vocabulary is pretty high in my own opinion . But what the hell did that seeker mean by 'So august ' ?

And yes, Their shitting themselves at Surfer yet their smug at Galactus ?

Also why are they actually fretting , call me stupid but all i see is Big G with electricity flowing within his hands ?
Just looked it up. August can mean 'majestic,' it seems.

They realize he's powering the Surfer up (the electricity in his hands).

grey fox
Ahhhhh thumb up

ScarletSpider
Yeah, marked by dignity or grandeur. The month August gets its name from Augustus Caesar, august the adjective comes from the Latin augustus/augur. I'm guessing that word came into play during or after Augustus' reign as a nod to the great Emperor saying something was great or grand (as the emperor had been). Or Augustus was named such with great/grand being the meaning behind his name. I don't really feel like looking into the dates and stuff right now, but yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.