Has anyone seen.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FINGOLFIN
Has anyone seen.....
I was at a movie the other week and in those little slideshows they show before the movies starts I saw a slide that said in LOTR:FOTR, in the scene with Frodo and Sam in the cornfield (where Sam says "If I take one step further.....) that a car can be seen driving by in the background.

I looked...HARD...TWICE....I never saw anything.

Has anyone seen this car?

mah
not me

Dexx
no....

FINGOLFIN
I would like to know your assesment when the DVD comes out...Post your answer then.

cool

mah
ah, the dvd. want it now!

if it's errors you're looking for there's tons more than the car though, those guys looking for them always manage to find loads in every film.

FINGOLFIN
When you find out what they are...post 'em!

It ought to be a fun thread!

P.S. - I have free links to all versions on my site...FYI...No big deal!

cool

Smodden
there was a car. but they took it out for the DVD listen to the director commentary(spl?) and one of the producer people will tell you 'bout it.

sauron
ive seen it...was on some documentary

Camellia
The car cannot be seen on the DVD, but it can in the cinema. However, you only see the sun's reflection off the window, NOT the car itself...at least, that's what I noticed!smile

Melani
AWWWW I WANNA SEE IT .... :P

sauron
its not all that good to see anyway. i watch lotr for lotr (and the bag end set test on fotr ee)

im upseted...naz kit and exa have not shown up tonight

Gollum_Gal
i havnt but thted be funny if it was really noticeable lol!

Aurora
At first tho PJ denied that the car was even there (even tho the producers said it was and that it had been edited out) but he laughs about it now. Infact he did an interview comprised of only the interviewer asking him about mistakes that were in the movies! Some of the mistakes he had noticed before the release but didn't think anyone else would, others he laughed about saying that he even notice them. He said he loves reading about the mistakes that he makes and then looking for them in the movie. LOL

sauron
like "this is it, one more step and it will be the furthe" *kkkrrrccchhhhh* (monster truck jusyt rolls past)

Aurora
sad sad I'm here! confused

sauron
so you are...i feel better already big grin ( i dont know how you do the little love face thing, but just pretend its here in these brackets big grin)

Aurora
love But I don't dare do that, It gets outta control, Kit knows what I mean. LOL

sauron
explain.....big grin

Ariadne
I've looked for the car before (even though I don't want to see it) but I never have seen it. I can't figure it out.

Exa

thorC
Well i have seen this one when i saw FOTR for the forth time
"When the troll stabs Frodo in Balin's tomb, the spear pierces him on his left side, but when Aragorn pulls him up, the tear on his shirt is on the right side."
and this one from TTT " After the attack by the wargs and Aragorn has fallen off the cliff, we see him floating in the river. When he reaches the bank, we see his wound is on the left arm. When he arrives at Helm's Deep and talks to Gimli whilst on his horse, his wound is on his right arm. It changes between shots from the river scene to the scene at Helm's Deep. "
confused

Aurora
There are alot of shots of wounds and such moving. That is because they flipped the film over for the movie. Most cases because it looks better in the movie. I don't know why. PJ mentions it several times in his comentaries on the movie.

Suzuka
Arg, I KNEW it was on the right side!! see, we were playing the trivia game, and I kept getting the stupid question wrong!! and that's why!! thanks for showing us that stick out tongue now to tell my brother...HA!

szhismine
i have FOTR on video. i never saw the car.

after i heard about it i look for it every time i see that scene, but i never can.

Kitoky
You had to see the car in Theaters because there is not record in DVD history that has the car in that scene, they deleted that all out.

Smodden
hmmm where have i heard that before???

Is anybody even listening?? i already said that.

oh well i'm sure everybody thought it sounded beter coming from kitoky...*sigh*

Fire
there are quite some things wrong in FOTR also in TTT
like when aragorn moves away from the camera, somewhere in the prancing pony he touchs the camera with his bow and it tilts up, pretty funny, I had an article with several flaws in it, I'll see if I can find it

PippinTook
Yeah I have the video too and I look for the car every time I watch FOTR and I never seem to be able to spot it...I don't have the DVD right now because my brother just got a DVD player for his birthday and we haven't hooked it up yet...We are getting the FOTR DVD soon though....But I'm not sure exactly where to look in that scene....Can anyone who's seen the car tell me the EXACT spot it's at?

fini
hmmmm i dont see any car but i think you see the dust being raised as it moves. But then again it could be a chimney!............i DUNNO

Aurora
There is no car anymore, they deleted it. It now looks like smoke coming out of a chiminey!

PippinTook
Ahh I see...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.