Abstinence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jonathan Mark
Perhaps a thread has already been done on this before if it has you all have my sincere apologies.

Now in my High School the moment you declare to be a believer of abstinence you are ridiculed. I have always wondered why the teenage population and (in some of my own experiences at least) adults get so antagonistic against abstinence. Or not exactly antagonistic, but... uncomfortable seems to be the best way to describe it. Perhaps I am wrong, but it just seems to me from my own personal experience that some if not many people seem to view abstinence as foolish. In some ways it scares me to see the lack of sexually responsibility in my peers. At the moment in my High School there are two Freshmen pregnant, one Sophomore and one Junior. Out of a student body of 2,000 yes I understand that these are incredibly small numbers; however, the number of students who actively engage in intercourse (or at least claim to do so) is a frighteningly much higher number.

Understandably sex plays a powerful and dominate role on modern day society (and I suppose all of human history as well), but I fail to see any harm in restraint. I'm not even talking about the religious viewpoint, but the simple fact that abstinence seems at least to me a gesture of common sense. Or perhaps I am simply bias towards abstinence due to the heavily religious household I live in.

Now I am only 16 so my experience in life and the complications of relationships in general are limited so perhaps I am speaking more from ignorance than common sense. I make no claim to understand the complications of a close relationship (as I have never been in one) and nor to I claim to assume that what I believe is correct. However, my ears (or I suppose I should say eyes) are open to other's thoughts on the subject.

-JM

Great Vengeance
Sexual activity is a HUGE factor on our biology, based on eons of evolution. Reproduction is an integral factor in maintaining a species.

So yes...if you dont participate in sexual activity, people have a tendency to think you are 'odd'. Take a psychology course, if your interested in learning about this phenomenon in more detail.

Capt_Fantastic
Abstinance is a farce. As addressed by our religious factor.

Sex play has noting to do with society, and everything to do with the individual. Fu*k your peers all you what to?

If the answer is sex, then you must be human....

Shelbert Lemon
<--------------------- is human

Robtard
If you're able to refrain from sex throughout your hormonal years and this is what you really want to do, then do it, it's strictly your choice not to have sex. You're not harming anyone as long as you do not impose this on others, so who cares what other people think.

Personally, for your emotional developement; I'd say educate yourself on sex and safe sexual practices and go for it.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Robtard
If you're able to refrain from sex throughout your hormonal years and this is what you really want to do, then do it, it's strictly your choice not to have sex. You're not harming anyone as long as you do not impose this on others, so who cares what other people think.

Personally, for your emotional developement; I'd say educate yourself on sex and safe sexual practices and go for it.

That's a non answer.

Eis
I think sexual abstinence the way priests practice is unhealthy and shouldn't be done. But sexual abstinence till marriage is a personal choice which, although I obviously would never take, I respect. But I wouldn't advice it.

Darth Jello
sex grows less important the more you do it. You should get experience simply as a form of practice so that you can please your partner. This makes abstinence counterintuitive to a healthy sex life and to several authoritative religious texts, specifically the talmud which provides a woman with very sufficient legal grounds to divorce her husband if he cannot please her.
The truth of the matter is that significant moments shared with someone you love like romantic occasions, picnics, and cuddling/spooning far outweigh the emotional significance of physical penetration of the appropriate/desired orifice of said partner. Going to a movie premier that thrills the both of you and becomes a shared experience is probably gonna be a much more fond and symbollic memory than of your first awkward, 2 minute, painful sexual encounter.
Everyone else is just an insecure cocky dick better ignored.

debbiejo
There was a time in history when people were married at 15 or even younger. It's partially a hormone thing. There are still some societies that marry young or experiment young.....It seems that today ie the Western world has pushed everything back until waiting until you are older, and with this comes frustrations. I do believe though that if your gonna play, then you must be prepared to pay.......Sometimes it's better to wait in this day and age until one can do that......Our societies are much different then others like say the Aborigines where sex, even open sexual display is common.

botankus
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
At the moment in my High School there are two Freshmen pregnant, one Sophomore and one Junior.
-JM

I've never known anyone in this situation who wasn't 21 when they finally graduated or became the checkout girl at CVS.

So Johnathan Mark, congratulations, the checkout girl position at CVS, Walgreens, Eckerd, and Bob's Pharmacy have already been filled by these students, so maybe bigger job opportunities will open up for you. Like film developer.

Bardock42
Hehehehehhe...Jackie Malfoy....hehehehehe

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think if everyone f*cked each other in High School, then...that's a good thing.

Mindship
In the last 40 years, we went from a society that was sexually repressive to sexually progressive to sexually obsessive (largely profit-driven). Compounding this 1) our society still views itself as sexually progressive; and 2) responsibility has become a four-letter word.

Abstinence is one form of sexual responsibility, but instead it is seen as "old-fashioned." No wonder that someone who wants to abstain is ridiculed.

Follow your head and your heart. Don't think with your gonads; that's not what they're there for. If you want to abstain, do so. You'll have plenty of time to screw around as you mature and be better able to handle any consequences--intended or otherwise--when you're older.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
<--------------------- is human

Haha! I love ya Shellie. hug

Kritish
Humans are supposed to mate. Most of the people that take Abstinence pledges couldn't get any if they tried.

debbiejo
It seems in studies of many things that are repressed, the opposite is bound to happen...

Mindship
The pendulum swingeth the other way...h'mm, now there's a psychological action-reaction to consider (this in reference to that other thread).

Echuu
Originally posted by Kritish
Humans are supposed to mate. Most of the people that take Abstinence pledges couldn't get any if they tried.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Robtard

Oh by nebulae unfolding, the hypocricy here is astounding.

"I think abortion is wrong and nobody should do it, so I'll tell everyone who supports it that they're wrong. However, I'll say that pressing your beliefs on others is wrong, and that having sex is great if you educate yourself."

-AC

Lord Urizen
Abstinence is only good if that's what you want to do.

I hate Abstinence. It's fkn BORING...... sorry. The Longest I can stay abstinent is like...2 weeks tops.

Robtard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Oh by nebulae unfolding, the hypocricy here is astounding.

"I think abortion is wrong and nobody should do it, so I'll tell everyone who supports it that they're wrong. However, I'll say that pressing your beliefs on others is wrong, and that having sex is great if you educate yourself."

-AC

If you're going to quote me, at least type in what I actually said and not your version of what I said to fit you're arguement.

badabing
A 100 years ago, people were married in their teens. Today, it seems more like mid 20's to mid 30's. Nobody can expect people to subdue urges that long. I believe that teens need to educated, not only with the physical, but also the psychological affects. I had sex as soon as I was "developed" enough, but I wasn't ready for all the emotions that went along with it. I was very disrespectful to girls that I dated early on. As an adult, I do feel some degree of guilt. I am a Catholic. My priest told me that the Church understands the times in which we are in and that I should only do "it" with a girl that I care about. I can live with that.

.:Space Opera:.
there's no shame in tryin though. MASTURBATE!!!!

FunkMaster Flex
Two pregnant freshman? WTF!?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by FunkMaster Flex
Two pregnant freshman? WTF!?
This surprises you?

FunkMaster Flex
Yes. I just finished my freshman year, and there were maybe 5 sexually active girls. No pregnancies out of the whole school.

Ushgarak
There's nothing wrong with abstinence in of itself. People mock it simply because... hell, people mock ANYTHING, especially with kids.

Heck, whilst it is not a necessity for common sense, there is a darn good chance that the average abstinent person is leading a far more sensible life than the average sexually active person; one look at STD stats proves that. But if there is an issue with abstinence, it is because some areas (mostly religious, but not ALL religious areas, I hasten to add) have hijacked it into preachy, moral superiority.

Which is wrong.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Mindship
In the last 40 years, we went from a society that was sexually repressive to sexually progressive to sexually obsessive (largely profit-driven). Compounding this 1) our society still views itself as sexually progressive; and 2) responsibility has become a four-letter word.

Abstinence is one form of sexual responsibility, but instead it is seen as "old-fashioned." No wonder that someone who wants to abstain is ridiculed.

Follow your head and your heart. Don't think with your gonads; that's not what they're there for. If you want to abstain, do so. You'll have plenty of time to screw around as you mature and be better able to handle any consequences--intended or otherwise--when you're older.

Indeed.

This post, and the one by Ush, are the only good ones in this topic so far.

Yes, people were married at 15,14, and even 12 in olden days.

Yes, we are meant to have sex at a younger age than what modern society has limited us too. (if you were to count being educated, established, and financially secure as qualifications for finding a wife and getting the privilege of sex with her among other things.)

However, those aren't what we look for in order to have sex now days.

It's usually, Is she/he hot?

and Wanna do it?

But truth be told, abstinence, will do NOTHING to hurt you physically, or psychologicaly.

You wont' spontaneously combust with semen (for the guys) if you don't get laid by age 25.

You won't turn into some sort of sex craved pervert either.

It is in fact very sensible to wait until you find somebody who you love to marry, then have sex with just them.

You save yourself for them, (and hopefully, they for you) and both of you skip the whole "how many people have you been with" "have you ever been tested for STD's" "we need protection" "I missed my period" "we may need to get an abortion" bullshit.

Your spouse won't leave you or hate you for your sexual inexperience, (not if you truly love each other).

Instead you will explore sex together, getting better and better at it.
Plus, you won't have any frame of reference, no doubts or guilt about past lovers getttin in the way.

As for the nonsense about abstinent people being losers who can't get laid,...

I present Emily and Tony, 2 good friends of my wife and I.

He's a funny, sports-loving guy, and she's a cutie with a great personality.

http://myspace-400.vo.llnwd.net/00793/00/41/793511400_m.jpg

BOTH of these "losers" were virgins at marriage, she 23 and he 26.

If you wanna f*ck whatever's in sight go for it, but don't act like those who choose to live differently are somehow "wierd", "nerds" or "losers."

FunkMaster Flex
http://www.oohshiny.net/gallery/d/92-2/owned-birdshit.jpg

Lana
Originally posted by FunkMaster Flex
Yes. I just finished my freshman year, and there were maybe 5 sexually active girls. No pregnancies out of the whole school.

Well, that you know of, really.

My high school had 1100 students the year I graduated (300 in my class), and there were something like...7-8 pregnant freshman. And this was at a high school that was just named second best in the state and in a rather wealthy area. It happens, and sadly, it's quite common.

I think the problem with abstinence is that in most schools in the US, that's all sex-ed covers -- sex is bad so don't do it. If there isn't sufficient education, then how can people really be surprised when things like 14 year old girls getting pregnant happens? Telling someone that something is bad and thus they shouldn't do it, doesn't do a damn thing, except ensure that not only will they do it (because of the whole sense of rebellion), but also will not know exactly what the hell they're getting into or how to handle it. Which is a big problem.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Indeed.

Yes, we are meant to have sex at a younger age than what modern society has limited us too. (if you were to count being educated, established, and financially secure as qualifications for finding a wife and getting the privilege of sex with her among other things.)

and Wanna do it?

But truth be told, abstinence, will do NOTHING to hurt you physically, or psychologicaly.

You wont' spontaneously combust with semen (for the guys) if you don't get laid by age 25.

It is in fact very sensible to wait until you find somebody who you love to marry, then have sex with just them.

You save yourself for them, (and hopefully, they for you) and both of you skip the whole "how many people have you been with" "have you ever been tested for STD's" "we need protection" "I missed my period" "we may need to get an abortion" bullshit.

Your spouse won't leave you or hate you for your sexual inexperience, (not if you truly love each other).

Plus, you won't have any frame of reference, no doubts or guilt about past lovers getttin in the way.

If you wanna f*ck whatever's in sight go for it, but don't act like those who choose to live differently are somehow "wierd", "nerds" or "losers."

OWNED.

But I agree. Well presented argument. smile

Capt_Fantastic
What bullshit. I don't think anyone is under the impression they will actually develop blue balls if they don't have sex. The reasons for not having sex a varied, and it's easy to stand on a soap box and preach abstinence, once you've gotten married to have sex. I have friends from high school that got married to the first person they screwed, out of some sense of moral obligation...and it's absurd. But, I guess those are outward benefits of a good catholic education.

The Omega

FunkMaster Flex
Originally posted by Lana
Well, that you know of, really.

My high school had 1100 students the year I graduated (300 in my class), and there were something like...7-8 pregnant freshman. And this was at a high school that was just named second best in the state and in a rather wealthy area. It happens, and sadly, it's quite common.

I think the problem with abstinence is that in most schools in the US, that's all sex-ed covers -- sex is bad so don't do it. If there isn't sufficient education, then how can people really be surprised when things like 14 year old girls getting pregnant happens? Telling someone that something is bad and thus they shouldn't do it, doesn't do a damn thing, except ensure that not only will they do it (because of the whole sense of rebellion), but also will not know exactly what the hell they're getting into or how to handle it. Which is a big problem.

I go to a school about the same size as yours, in the state's top 10, and in a rather "middle-classy" area. Weird huh?

PVS
simple

if you dont want to have sex, good for you.
if you look down on me for having sex, **** you.

ThePrincessBee
i remember being in high school, and seeing at least 2 pregnant girls per semester. The teachers would actually embarrass them in front of class, hoping that the rest of us would learn something from it.

FunkMaster Flex
Gotta love those teachers.

The Omega

botankus
Somebody in that class should have Stepped up to the plate with this one, because we don't need all the pregnant chicks fighting over the checkout positions of the only 4 pharmacies in town:

botankus
My personal disclaimer to anyone who works at CVS or Walgreens: I'm sorry if I've offended you, and if your water breaks while you're checking someone out, do not use that steam cleaner you rent out to people to clean up the floor.

Eis
I doubt the priests would've molested those kids if they had lead a healthy sex life.
It has been suggested celibacy could be associated with pedophilic behaviour, I'm not an expert on the topic but I haven't read any studies that disproof the theory.

PVS
Originally posted by Eis
I doubt the priests would've molested those kids if they had lead a healthy sex life.
It has been suggested celibacy could be associated with pedophilic behaviour, I'm not an expert on the topic but I haven't read any studies that disproof the theory.

but what if their 'healthy sex life' involved molesting children?
the assumption is always that their lack of sex leads to paedophilia,
but i strongly disagree and think its ludicrous. paedophelia is a mental
disorder, not a reaction from being celibate. it could very well be that their paedophilia
is the very reason they became priests- atonement. (attempted at the risk of others)

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
disorder, not a reaction from being celibate. it could very well be that their paedophilia
is the very reason they became priests- atonement. (attempted at the risk of others)
I guess that's just your opinion, I don't know a lot about pedophilia but I'm quite sure a mental disorder can be caused by many factors, maybe sexual abstinence might be one.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I guess that's just your opinion, I don't know a lot about pedophilia but I'm quite sure a mental disorder can be caused by many factors, maybe sexual abstinence might be one.

Just like homosexuality?

Eis
Originally posted by Bardock42
Just like homosexuality?
Yes... Bull's eye.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Yes... Bull's eye.

Good then.

PVS
Originally posted by Eis

sexual abstinence can certainly cause stress, but not trauma.
at this point, enough is known about peadophilia to determine that
mere lack of sex doesnt just make a normal person want to molest
a child. in fact lack of sex is irrelevant, unless its lack of sex with children.

many people become priests as a matter of atonement. historically many
gay men would choose to become priests out of shame for what they were
and the idea that being a priest and never having sex would somehow redeem
them. im sure the same would apply for the mentallity of a potential child
molester. only problem is, unlike the self-hating gay man, he is putting those
around him in terrible danger.

so while the gay man might end up in 'white american heaven',
the kiddie fondler is actively risking the wellbeing of others,
earning him a special place in 'other that white american hell'

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
sexual abstinence can certainly cause stress, but not trauma.
at this point, enough is known about peadophilia to determine that
mere lack of sex doesnt just make a normal person want to molest
a child. in fact lack of sex is irrelevant, unless its lack of sex with children.

many people become priests as a matter of atonement. historically many
gay men would choose to become priests out of shame for what they were
and the idea that being a priest and never having sex would somehow redeem
them. im sure the same would apply for the mentallity of a potential child
molester. only problem is, unlike the self-hating gay man, he is putting those
around him in terrible danger.

so while the gay man might end up in 'white american heaven',
the kiddie fondler is actively risking the wellbeing of others,
earning him a special place in 'other that white american hell'
Like I said, I don't know much about pedophilia, if you have evidence to support what you're saying, then great.

botankus
Eis is right. He who has the most experience in the field should be known as the KMC Authority on Pedophilia, and should address all issues concerning said topic from here on out.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Eis is right. He who has the most experience in the field should be known as the KMC Authority on Pedophilia, and should address all issues concerning said topic from here on out.

eleveninches?

PVS

and we can call them "expert on child molesting"

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Eis

I strongly disagree. thumb down

Lots of people don't get laid often, sometimes for years at a time. That don't make them pedophile. Their desires are still the same.

Eis
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
I strongly disagree. thumb down

Lots of people don't get laid often, sometimes for years at a time. That don't make them pedophile. Their desires are still the same.
Wrong quote but I guess there's a difference from having sex once a year to not having sex... ever... I wouldn't know anyway.

botankus
eleveninches?

We can all breathe a sigh of relief when Dakota Fanning turns 18.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Eis

Originally posted by PVS

Coincidentally, Capt_Fantastic and I were discussing this last night. It is estimated that only 2-10% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are actual structural pedophiles, i.e. individuals who are primarily attracted to children. The other 90-98% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are situational pedophiles, i.e. individuals who are primarily attracted to adult partners. Situational pedophiles are opportunistic offenders who abuse children for a myriad of non-sexual reasons, e.g. stress, marital problems, the unavailability of adult partners, etc.

debbiejo
eleveninches quit bragging.......It's so unbecoming...

The Omega
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Coincidentally, Capt_Fantastic and I were discussing this last night. It is estimated that only 2-10% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are actual structural pedophiles, i.e. individuals who are primarily attracted to children. The other 90-98% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are situational pedophiles, i.e. individuals who are primarily attracted to adult partners. Situational pedophiles are opportunistic offenders who abuse children for a myriad of non-sexual reasons, e.g. stress, marital problems, the unavailability of adult partners, etc.

Says who? I strongly doubt that sexual child molesting is a "mere" opportunistic act. Our sexual drive is not GEARED at sexually immature/incompatible partners.

Have there been made any serious studies into the effects of celibacy? One thing is not getting laid for years, you may still be actively TRYING to do so and have the future prospect of HAVING sex in mind. With celibacy you will NEVER have the pleasure so to speak. I cannot imagine that can be healthy in ANY way - women were BURNED once, because godfearing men insisted their desire was caused by witchcraft.

Of course, celibacy and sexual molesting of altar-boys may be unrelated. And PVS may have a point concerning atonement. But what do we really know?

I know I could NEVER go into celibacy or practice abstience... I'd go NUTS!

Jonathan Mark
It's so strange... I'm 16 an age when... well most guys are obsessed with sex and yet I could care less. Sex has very little appeal to me... and girls don't really seem to attract my attention either. Perhaps this will change as I grow older, but for now sex holds almost no importance to me.

I guess I'm just different than the norm.

The Omega
Jonathan> Why should you be different? The idea that ALL teenaged representatives of the human male thinks only about ONE thing is a myth - just like the myth that men will do anything with two legs and breast ANYTIME...
We mature differently all of us...

Arachnoidfreak
That's true Omega. Not all men will do anything with two legs and breasts anytime. I personally know that I amd willing to do a woman with two breasts and no legs.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by The Omega
Says who?

Howells, K. (1981). "Adult sexual interest in children: Considerations relevant to theories of aetiology," Adult sexual interest in children, 55-94.

Lanning, Kenneth (2001). Child Molesters: A Behavioral Analysis (Third Edition). National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Abel, G. G., Mittleman, M. S., & Becker, J. V. (1985). "Sex offenders: Results of assessment and recommendations for treatment." In M. H. Ben-Aron, S. J. Hucker, & C. D. Webster (Eds.), Clinical criminology: The assessment and treatment of criminal behavior (pp. 207-220). Toronto, Canada: M & M Graphics.

overlord
Sex and survival is the only thing on the mind of every animal and America.
But some day.. just some day.. We will all evolve mentally as well..

BackFire
No reasonable people will condemn you for making the personal choice of deciding practice abstinence. The problem arises often from this moral elitism that seems to radiate from so many people who are part of the abstinence movement. Who, as Ush said, preach it. By doing so they commit the same act they often condemn - Pressuring someone.

Really, if you want to keep it in your pants, that's your deal. It will honestly make your life much less complicated, no worries about diseases or accidental pregnancies or whatever. That said, don't expect to know your way around a member of the opposite sex the first few times you DO decide to do it, and don't expect to be very good in the sack either. This could be a problem if your first time is with someone you care about, they may think that they've made a mistake with you and that you aren't a good lover, which could push them away.

Do what you want, and screw everyone else. Hehehe.

Capt_Fantastic
It's so strange... I'm 16 an age when... well most guys are obsessed with sex and yet I could care less. Sex has very little appeal to me... and girls don't really seem to attract my attention either. Perhaps this will change as I grow older, but for now sex holds almost no importance to me.

I guess I'm just different than the norm.

Do not presume you speak for everyone. That is hardly the case....much less whether you speak for a person willing to moleste a child.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by BackFire
No reasonable people will condemn you for making the personal choice of deciding practice abstinence. The problem arises often from this moral elitism that seems to radiate from so many people who are part of the abstinence movement. Who, as Ush said, preach it. By doing so they commit the same act they often condemn - Pressuring someone.

Really, if you want to keep it in your pants, that's your deal. It will honestly make your life much less complicated, no worries about diseases or accidental pregnancies or whatever. That said, don't expect to know your way around a member of the opposite sex the first few times you DO decide to do it, and don't expect to be very good in the sack either. This could be a problem if your first time is with someone you care about, they may think that they've made a mistake with you and that you aren't a good lover, which could push them away.

100% Correct.

debbiejo
Well it's like potato chips.......once you have one, you can't stop......

Lord Urizen
I find that I do often need a break. Having too much sex at one concentrated section of time starts to dullen the experience.

I would like....take a week or two off....then my libido becomes raw and curious again...........but that's like a serious week. No masturbating nothing....leave it alone....trust ME....you'll be horny as %#@$ and your next sexual encounter will be wonderful.

debbiejo
Never have a potato chip............ no

Regret
I find that I do often need a break. Having too much sex at one concentrated section of time starts to dullen the experience.

I would like....take a week or two off....then my libido becomes raw and curious again...........but that's like a serious week. No masturbating nothing....leave it alone....trust ME....you'll be horny as %#@$ and your next sexual encounter will be wonderful.

I take breaks too, if possible at least 15-20 minutes... whistle

Seriously though, either abstain until you meet your lifetime partner, or get a lot of action beforehand. If you get some beforehand, you may expect something other than what your partner will actually do. If you never get any beforehand whatever you get is what you'll be used to. Comparisons can suck.

The Omega
Originally posted by BackFire

Sometimes a break can brighten op things. Other times.,.

I think too little sex is a problem. Just as too much... Everything in moderation... wink

NoRemorse
It's human nature to have sex. Going against that would be damn difficult. It's also human nature to segragate those different from us, in order to find a good, well matched mate.

There's my two cents.

champion
my Veiw of absinence is that your saving all of your sexual treasures for that one person you marry. I wouldnt want to marry someone and on our honey moon know its not his first time. I would want him to save himself until marrage like I did. Both me and my bf are saving all of our sexual treasures for who we marry.

Capt_Fantastic
Sometimes a break can brighten op things. Other times.,.

I think too little sex is a problem. Just as too much... Everything in moderation... wink

Exactly. The middle path is often the best option.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Exactly. The middle path is often the best option.

How Buddhist of you. wink

The Omega
Originally posted by champion
my Veiw of absinence is that your saving all of your sexual treasures for that one person you marry. I wouldnt want to marry someone and on our honey moon know its not his first time. I would want him to save himself until marrage like I did. Both me and my bf are saving all of our sexual treasures for who we marry.

But if you've never HAD sex, how much is in your sexual treasure chest? You'll have NO experience?
I'd rather fly with a veteran-pilot than one fresh out from the academy...

sithsaber408
Two people can teach other from scratch far better than one can try to erase or reprogram the others BAD experiences (because they do sometimes happen) or misconceptions.

Two people who actually LOVE each other,(as the poster you responded to was saying) won't care about inexperience.....

Rather, they will have quite alot of fun learning and discovering what they other person likes, and what they themselves like.

I understand your point about wanting to take the car for a few test drives to see how well it runs...

some folks would just rather get something brand new with no milage on it. smile

Capt_Fantastic
Two people can teach other from scratch far better than one can try to erase or reprogram the others BAD experiences (because they do sometimes happen) or misconceptions.

Two people who actually LOVE each other,(as the poster you responded to was saying) won't care about inexperience.....

Rather, they will have quite alot of fun learning and discovering what they other person likes, and what they themselves like.

I understand your point about wanting to take the car for a few test drives to see how well it runs...

some folks would just rather get something brand new with no milage on it. smile

So, is that why you got married for Jesus? Or did you just wanna stick it in by any means needed?

Gay Guy

Depends on what kind of car you're trying to drive... cool

sithsaber408
Get a life.

Thats all I need to say to you Capt.

I got married because I love my wife.

We had sex before marriage, yes, and then chose abstinence through 8 months of pre-maritial counciling.

It's called "Recommited Virginity" and millions of Americans practice it.

I never once mentioned Christ, God, or Religion in my argument for abstinence:

"Indeed.

and Wanna do it?

If you wanna f*ck whatever's in sight go for it, but don't act like those who choose to live differently are somehow "wierd", "nerds" or "losers." "

Captain REX
Wooo abstinence. w00t

Capt_Fantastic
Get a life.

Now, when you say "get a life", is that a life according to your standards?Or do I have the right to choose my own "version" of life? Nevermind, I'll pray over it and let you know what baby jesus tells me about it. I mean, if he can talk to teh president, he can talk to me too.

Now, I can't really recall, but I thought you had said that you were a sinner of all sorts in your earlier days, you did drugs and had sex and blah blah blah... I can't recall the thread and I do a search for all your posts if I thought I could stomach to reading everything you've said since you've been here.

And you can't honestly expect me not to comment on all the crap you spew. I mean, you did say I was gay because my father molested me in my crib when I was a baby.

BackFire
Hahahahahahaha!

NineCoronas
Get a life.

I got married because I love my wife.

We had sex before marriage, yes, and then chose abstinence through 8 months of pre-maritial counciling.

It's called "Recommited Virginity" and millions of Americans practice it.

I never once mentioned Christ, God, or Religion in my argument for abstinence:

"Indeed.

and Wanna do it?

If you wanna f*ck whatever's in sight go for it, but don't act like those who choose to live differently are somehow "wierd", "nerds" or "losers." " I swear to god I've seen a post JUST like this somewhere before today.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NineCoronas
I swear to god I've seen a post JUST like this somewhere before today.

It's probably what the Christian churches give their disciples to show to everyone why Abstinence is so great...including the picture.

NineCoronas
It's probably what the Christian churches give their disciples to show to everyone why Abstinence is so great...including the picture. Actually, I think it was on a christian site regarding absitence. no expression

Bardock42
Actually, I think it was on a christian site regarding absitence. no expression

QED

Nazgulinthedark
Perhaps a thread has already been done on this before if it has you all have my sincere apologies.

Now in my High School the moment you declare to be a believer of abstinence you are ridiculed. I have always wondered why the teenage population and (in some of my own experiences at least) adults get so antagonistic against abstinence. Or not exactly antagonistic, but... uncomfortable seems to be the best way to describe it. Perhaps I am wrong, but it just seems to me from my own personal experience that some if not many people seem to view abstinence as foolish. In some ways it scares me to see the lack of sexually responsibility in my peers. At the moment in my High School there are two Freshmen pregnant, one Sophomore and one Junior. Out of a student body of 2,000 yes I understand that these are incredibly small numbers; however, the number of students who actively engage in intercourse (or at least claim to do so) is a frighteningly much higher number.

Understandably sex plays a powerful and dominate role on modern day society (and I suppose all of human history as well), but I fail to see any harm in restraint. I'm not even talking about the religious viewpoint, but the simple fact that abstinence seems at least to me a gesture of common sense. Or perhaps I am simply bias towards abstinence due to the heavily religious household I live in.

Now I am only 16 so my experience in life and the complications of relationships in general are limited so perhaps I am speaking more from ignorance than common sense. I make no claim to understand the complications of a close relationship (as I have never been in one) and nor to I claim to assume that what I believe is correct. However, my ears (or I suppose I should say eyes) are open to other's thoughts on the subject.

-JM

I agree wholeheartedly. Even without taking a religious stand on it, abstinence is a matter of common sense, which seems to be a subject absent in most high schools, not to mention...everywhere else.
I fail to see why so many high schoolers have sex with the glaring possibility of pregnancy, for one thing. Contrary to popular belief, condoms don't work one hundred percent of the time. Another point is STDs, many of which it makes no difference if you use a condom or not, you're going to contract it. To me, it just seems silly.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
I agree wholeheartedly. Even without taking a religious stand on it, abstinence is a matter of common sense, which seems to be a subject absent in most high schools, not to mention...everywhere else.
I fail to see why so many high schoolers have sex with the glaring possibility of pregnancy, for one thing. Contrary to popular belief, condoms don't work one hundred percent of the time. Another point is STDs, many of which it makes no difference if you use a condom or not, you're going to contract it. To me, it just seems silly.

It's not quite true, a condom actually protects you from STDs and the thing is that sex supposedly is a hell of a lot of fun. So much fun even that the slight risks there are seem like a small cost.

Nazgulinthedark
It's not quite true, a condom actually protects you from STDs and the thing is that sex supposedly is a hell of a lot of fun. So much fun even that the slight risks there are seem like a small cost.

It only protects from STDs transported by semen, but many of them are transmitted by genital contact. And sometimes that condom doesn't work for semen, like when it doesn't prevent pregnancy.

Bardock42
It only protects from STDs transported by semen, but many of them are transmitted by genital contact. And sometimes that condom doesn't work for semen, like when it doesn't prevent pregnancy.

Yes, but the risks are indeed pretty low, if you are careful. And in case of pregnancy one can still get an abortion. Or one of the Pills after sexual intercourse.

Also, you also need your partner to have been abstinent. And if you are going to marry anyways, why wait until it is done?

Nazgulinthedark
Yes, but the risks are indeed pretty low, if you are careful. And in case of pregnancy one can still get an abortion. Or one of the Pills after sexual intercourse.

Also, you also need your partner to have been abstinent. And if you are going to marry anyways, why wait until it is done?

Yeah, that's why one in five Americans has herpes, because it's such a low risk. Yes, exactly.
Abortion and the morning-after pill don't protect you from HIV, which is transported by semen.

And I highly doubt that the first person you sleep with is the person you're going to end up marrying. I can see if you're already engaged, but most people aren't when they have sex.

Bardock42
Yeah, that's why one in five Americans has herpes, because it's such a low risk. Yes, exactly.
Abortion and the morning-after pill don't protect you from HIV, which is transported by semen.

And I highly doubt that the first person you sleep with is the person you're going to end up marrying. I can see if you're already engaged, but most people aren't when they have sex.

Herpes is not only a STD.
Ad yes, HIV is certainly a risk, although it is very much lowered by the usage of condoms. And what if the partner you are going to marry has HIV? Could be just as much, the risk is just a little lower again. So it is all about taking risks. And some people think the amount of pleasure generated by sexual intercourse are worth the risks they take.

Nazgulinthedark
Herpes is not only a STD.
Ad yes, HIV is certainly a risk, although it is very much lowered by the usage of condoms. And what if the partner you are going to marry has HIV? Could be just as much, the risk is just a little lower again. So it is all about taking risks. And some people think the amount of pleasure generated by sexual intercourse are worth the risks they take.

I meant genital herpes, the one you get from having sex.
I wouldn't risk contracting HIV, which by the way will almost certainly kill you, for a few minutes of pleasure. Like I said, it sounds silly to me.

Capt_Fantastic

I'll tell you where you've seen it. In practically every one of Sithsabre's posts. He keeps posting that picture of the two of them, like the image of happiness justifies his stupidity.

Well, Sith, guess what? No one gives a shit about your gaudy, over the shirt necklace, or your blushing bride.

But, I can understand your perspective. I mean, if I hadn't had sex by the time I was(and am currently) 26, I'd have thought that orgasm was sent by god too.

Quiero Mota

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That wasn't very nice, Capt. But it was funny and that's all that really matters in the end.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That wasn't very nice, Capt.

Nor was it meant to be.

Adam_PoE
Indeed.

and Wanna do it?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You know what I'd say to Abstinence if I ever met it? I'd say "Hello, Abstinence. How are you? It's nice to meet you."

Wouldn't that be nice?

Gay Guy
But, I can understand your perspective. I mean, if I hadn't had sex by the time I was(and am currently) 26, I'd have thought that orgasm was sent by god too.

Happy Dance

sithsaber408
Actually, I think it was on a christian site regarding absitence. no expression Originally posted by Bardock42
It's probably what the Christian churches give their disciples to show to everyone why Abstinence is so great...including the picture.

Naw, your'e trippin fool.

That girl is Emily Beck, now Emily Garrison, and her husband Tony Garrison.

Emily has been my wife's best friend since like, 5th grade.

Maybe you saw something similar on the web, but it wasn't my wife's friend.

I don't need to falsify anything to show that abstinence is a perfectly good lifestyle, just a little common sense.Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Now, when you say "get a life", is that a life according to your standards?Or do I have the right to choose my own "version" of life? Nevermind, I'll pray over it and let you know what baby jesus tells me about it. I mean, if he can talk to teh president, he can talk to me too.

Now, I can't really recall, but I thought you had said that you were a sinner of all sorts in your earlier days, you did drugs and had sex and blah blah blah... I can't recall the thread and I do a search for all your posts if I thought I could stomach to reading everything you've said since you've been here.

And you can't honestly expect me not to comment on all the crap you spew. I mean, you did say I was gay because my father molested me in my crib when I was a baby.

Capt. I honestly read through that response.

Seems you don't like me or my opinions.

I understand why. It's cool.

I like you and (sometimes) can respect your opinions, even while not agreeing with them.

But your post has nothing to do with the good and VERY viable option of abstinence, it's just a little tirade against somebody whose views about other things conflict with your own.Originally posted by NineCoronas

Yup, I posted it here a few days ago.

sithsaber408

Capt_Fantastic
Yeah, twice is in ALL my posts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you read what I posted, you'd know that the picture is not of me and my wife.

Its of two normal, fun-loving, healthy people who held out for marriage.

(I mainly posted it because of some post that said all virgins were "losers" or "dorks" or some other such b.s.)

As I said before, yeah I wasn't a virgin at marriage.

I've made plenty of mistakes and thats just one of them.

After me and Tawny, (that'd be Mrs. Sithsaber to you) big grin got into pre-marital counseling (highly remcommended, by the way) we decided that while we couldn't give each other our virginity on the wedding night, we could stop where we were and remain celibate until we were officially one body.

I'm the first to admit that those 8 months were hard!

There was plenty of temptation, especially since we'd been having sex for over 3 years.

We knew exactly what each other liked, and how to do it.

It's very hard not to take a bite, especially when you already have tasted how good the fruit is.

But it can be done.

You won't explode. You won't go crazy.

Despite what advertiser's and the mass media would like you to believe, having sex isn't the be-all and end-all of this life.

I guess thats the closest way to explain "Recomitted Virginity".

Lots of kids in high school or college practice it.

It means simply, : I messed up, but now I will remain a virgin until marriage.

As for Cap's comment, no estas nada, ese!

Estas habla mierda de un joto con cabeza en el culo. stick out tongue

Yeah, I have my head up my ass but you think there is such a thing as a recommited virgin? It's kind of like being circumsized and deciding you don't want to be circumsized anymore. Either you are or you aren't. And if you're not going to have sex anymore, then you're going to remain celibate until such time as you start having sex again. This reborn virgin crap is just something christians say to make them feel like they haven't sinned.

Alpha Centauri
For the record, recommitted virginity or whatever you wish to call it, is horseshit.

If you penetrate or get penetrated, you're no longer a virgin and no amount of praying, abstaining, chastising or self-hatred will get it back.

Anyone who suggests, believes in or promotes such an idea as recommitted virginity have hereby rid themselves of any credibility, whatsoever.

That's about all there is to say on the issue. No, really, that's about it. If you've had sexual intercourse, you're not a virgin, nor will you ever be again. Fact.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Also 'for the record', sexual abstinence in a committed relationship can only mean one of two things...Either they've been bashed too many times by their Bible, or both people were bored out of their brain, and it was the only way to spice things up. Sad. They should have read the Karma Sutra, instead. Now that's a book with a message!

Gay Guy
As for Cap's comment, no estas nada, ese!

Estas habla mierda de un joto con cabeza en el culo. stick out tongue

Muchos Grande Gauta balda?

Translated very big pussy(cat) understand?

Being abstinent is not something you should brag about. Most people who claim to be abstinent are just people who are to ugly to get any from either sex.

I lost my virginity when I was about 8. But it was my choice. And my Uncle Lester had nothing to do with the decision. Some people make the choice earlier than others, but its still an individual choice.

So anyway, if you want to save yourself for someone you love, than that's good for you. But don't force such silly nonsense on others.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Gay Guy

Being abstinent is not something you should brag about. Most people who claim to be abstinent are just people who are to ugly to get any from either sex.

I lost my virginity when I was about 8. But it was my choice. And my Uncle Lester had nothing to do with the decision. Some people make the choice earlier than others, but its still an individual choice.

So anyway, if you want to save yourself for someone you love, than that's good for you. But don't force such silly nonsense on others.
Not something I should brag about? I happen to be very proud that I am still a virgin. I don't see why I should be ashamed of it.

Draco69
Not something I should brag about? I happen to be very proud that I am still a virgin.

Me too.

*sobs quietly in a corner*

I'm SOOOO horny!! mad

Capt_Fantastic

As usual Whob, the point passes you by completely. Refraining from sex OR being sexually active is nothing to brag about. You fu*king idiot. As Backfire said, many pages ago, it's the people like Sithsabre that stand on a soapbox and profess some moral superiority that are the issue. But, it's easy to assume you can take the moral highground when you're a "recommitted virgin".

Gay Guy
You fu*king idiot. As Backfire said, many pages ago, it's the people like Sithsabre that stand on a soapbox and profess some moral superiority that are the issue. But, it's easy to assume you can take the moral highground when you're a "recommitted virgin".

I'm tired of your silliness. Every thread I go to you're always harassing me because you think that you're more manly with that sig of yours and because I'm openly proud of my gayness. So what if I've only had 3 sexual partners in my life. Do you think your more manly than me because you've never had sex with a man? Do you think that I'm gay because you believe that I was molested by my Uncle Lester? Well I wasn't molested by my Uncle Lester, and he wasn't one of the 3 sexual partners that I had in my life..

I'm in a relationship with a very loving man right now, so what if I had sex with him, I CHOOSE to have sex with him, and because its my choice to have sex with him, it is also my CHOICE to not be abstinent, and that demonstrates that I have enough self control to show people that I can have sex with whoever I want, whenever I want.

If you want to have sex with as many people as you want to, that's cool, but don't go around making fun of me because I CHOOSE to only have sex with only one. Not everyone can have as much self control as you and be as manly as you Mr. tough guy.

Imperial_Samura

That is really one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

No wait, this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Might carry more weight if you hadn't just called most people who wait too ugly to have sex. Schmuck.

Gay Guy
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
That is really one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

You must have missed this quote..

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

Also 'for the record', sexual abstinence in a committed relationship can only mean one of two things...Either they've been bashed too many times by their Bible, or both people were bored out of their brain, and it was the only way to spice things up.

No wait, this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

No wait..you must have missed this one too..

smokin' rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Soleran
I'm tired of your silliness. Every thread I go to you're always harassing me because you think that you're more manly with that sig of yours and because I'm openly proud of my gayness. So what if I've only had 3 sexual partners in my life. Do you think your more manly than me because you've never had sex with a man? Do you think that I'm gay because you believe that I was molested by my Uncle Lester? Well I wasn't molested by my Uncle Lester, and he wasn't one of the 3 sexual partners that I had in my life..

I'm in a relationship with a very loving man right now, so what if I had sex with him, I CHOOSE to have sex with him, and because its my choice to have sex with him, it is also my CHOICE to not be abstinent, and that demonstrates that I have enough self control to show people that I can have sex with whoever I want, whenever I want.

If you want to have sex with as many people as you want to, that's cool, but don't go around making fun of me because I CHOOSE to only have sex with only one. Not everyone can have as much self control as you and be as manly as you Mr. tough guy.

You redefine what the word stupid means.

Eis
You must have missed this quote..

No wait..you must have missed this one too..

smokin' rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing smokin'
Whob, you must really have a lot of free time to actually sit and make up characters who were molested by their uncle Lester.
I liked you better as Biatch anyway...

Captain REX
Whob's a ***. no expression

DiamondBullets

Either that or they're just straight-up losers who can't get none.

Eis
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
...agreeing...with a... ******? What happened to your intimidating masculinity DB?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Eis
...agreeing...with a... ******? What happened to your intimidating masculinity DB?

He musta changed. He answered these questions I had for him very politely, and i was pleasantly surprised !

I thought he was going to curse me out lol, but he proved to be a hell of a lot more mature than i assumed him to be.

DiamondBullets...what's up with the turn around? I aint complaining, I like it. I'm very proud of you wink

Capt_Fantastic
I'm tired of your silliness. Every thread I go to you're always harassing me

Whob, I don't follow you anywhere. If anything, it's the reverse.

I CHOOSE

my CHOICE

I CHOOSE

Spoken like a true sock.

Gay Guy
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

thumb up

DiamondBullets
He musta changed. He answered these questions I had for him very politely, and i was pleasantly surprised !

I thought he was going to curse me out lol, but he proved to be a hell of a lot more mature than i assumed him to be.

DiamondBullets...what's up with the turn around? I aint complaining, I like it. I'm very proud of you wink

"turn around"? What the f**k?

I agree with one statement and you and Eis start jumping with joy.

A man who can't (or "abstains from"wink gettin' pussy is a loser in my opinion.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Darth Callous
"turn around"? What the f**k?

I agree with one statement and you and Eis start jumping with joy.

A man who can't (or "abstains from"wink gettin' pussy is a loser in my opinion.

1)roll eyes (sarcastic) Okay.

2) Abstinence in my opinion is only necessary if one wishes to not become pregnant or one wishes to prevent catching an STD....

That's pretty much it. I don't beleive in this whole angel"Let me wait until I get Married" bullshit

Darth, are you aware though, of the fact that Bush wanted Abstinence Only lessons to be taught in schools, and he wanted to get rid of "safe sex" education?

Cyric Blackstar
I'm not saying that everyone should be abstinent (personally I think it's a good idea, but hey whatever floats your boat)

However, I'd like to know why so many people think I'm a "looser" or stupid for being abstinent.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Cyric Blackstar
I'm not saying that everyone should be abstinent (personally I think it's a good idea, but hey whatever floats your boat)

However, I'd like to know why so many people think I'm a "looser" or stupid for being abstinent.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Cuz it's a competition sort of thing. For guys most of the time.

You know, that whole bullshit deal about how men will judge eachother by how long thier penises are, or how built thier bodies are, or how many women they had sex with (or men), etc.

It's stupid to judge another person as stupid for choosing to remain Abstinent.

If Abstinence works for you, then It's all good.

I just don't like this idea of how "EVERYONE should be Abstinent until Marriage"

EVERYONE does not have to fit one fkn ideal.

autumn dreams
Abstinence may be right for alot of people, but that doesn't mean it is right for everyone.

I am not abstinent, although I am still a virgin. If I end up losing my virginity on my wedding night-even though I have no intention of getting married-so be it.

But because I chose NOT to be married, does this mean I should remain a virgin the rest of my life? I believe I have the right to share my body with whomever I please, whether I intend to marry that person or not. You can make a commitment to a person without signing that piece of paper.

Whatever works for you is right, but like I said, what is right for you isn't always what is right for everyone else.

botankus
Originally posted by autumn dreams
I believe I have the right to share my body with whomever I please, whether I intend to marry that person or not. COLOR]

If you're a guy, you do know they have to actually want you to share it with them, right? Not an easy objective to fulfill.

If you're a girl, you will succeed in your mission, my child.

lil bitchiness

-JM

I think everyone should be free to choose whether to indulge in sex or not, and if one is to choose abstinence from sex, then so be it.

People being pregnant young has for the greater part to do with the lack of protection and care which needs to be taken when people engage in sex.

One can practice safe sex, and sleep with a lot of partners yet not contract STI, STD or become pregnant. So, a person can enjoy sex as much as they like, if they are safe and well informed, and for many people that is what they lack, rather than just general 'wrongness' of sexual activity.

Having said that, however, having self control is cool. I was celibate for a month - i set myself dates which i will be celibate in attempt to channel my energy in different ways. It works for some, it doesn't for others - its just down to the individual.
Abstinence is only good if that's what you want to do.

I hate Abstinence. It's fkn BORING...... sorry. The Longest I can stay abstinent is like...2 weeks tops.

Im boyfriend is away for 2 weeks which means instant celibacy. If i start being ultra bitchy on here, more than usual it means the lack of sex is kicking in.

botankus
My woman is cellibate for 5 days out of every month. It's such a great way to not think about sex, and we didn't even come up with it ourselves!

Bardock42
My woman is cellibate for 5 days out of every month. It's such a great way to not think about sex, and we didn't even come up with it ourselves!
Proof of Intelligent Design.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Im boyfriend is away for 2 weeks which means instant celibacy. If i start being ultra bitchy on here, more than usual it means the lack of sex is kicking in.

laughing Damn !

Is that why you're called Lil Bitchiness? LOL j/kkkk

But yeah i know what you mean. Sexual Frustration is sometimes one of the reasons I can become cranky, low confident, irrational, depressed, etc.

Abstinence is not for me. I mean I'm not the kind of guy who sleeps around with anyone either, but yeah I am single...

I have "sex buddies"....a group of male and female freinds that i have a mutual agreement with that we can take sexual advantage of each other, as long as we promise to only have sexual encounters within the group to limit STD's.

I mean that's been fine for a while, but the negative thing is I have been taking them for granted for a while, getting bored of sexual activity with some of them, and on top of that, our freindship changes lil by lil.

Oh well.....

debbiejo
My woman is cellibate for 5 days out of every month. It's such a great way to not think about sex, and we didn't even come up with it ourselves! And don't you dare THINK about doin it with her either cause IT'S A SIN!!fear

autumn dreams
Originally posted by debbiejo
And don't you dare THINK about doin it with her either cause IT'S A SIN!!fear

You've read the Bible, too! I must say, I was utterly discusted when I read that the Bible, or God, considers women to be germed and sick when they are on their rag.

Now we know for sure that God isn't a woman! big grin

Alliance
The Bible doesn't have an eaglitarian history.

autumn dreams
Abstinence, for men, anyway, can be dangerous. Men have to 'clean the pipes' so to speak, every week or so. If they can't have sex because they are abstinent, supposedly because abstinence is a sin, they have to get rid of all that *white stuff* somehow... eek!

champion
But if you've never HAD sex, how much is in your sexual treasure chest? You'll have NO experience?
I'd rather fly with a veteran-pilot than one fresh out from the academy... Your sexual treasure is a metaphor for your purity. Its more special if on your honeymoon its both of yours first time.

Capt_Fantastic
Sexual Treasure Chest?

Where the hell did that come from?

autumn dreams
Originally posted by champion
Your sexual treasure is a metaphor for your purity. Its more special if on your honeymoon its both of yours first time.

Says you. I think it'd be ****in' awkward with both not knowing what the hell to do. I'd prefer my guy (if I wanted one) have some experience. I wouldn't think my first time any less special, no matter how many times my guy/girl had had sex. Sex is sex, and it is always special with the person you commit yourself to.

Imperial_Samura
Sexual Treasure Chest?

Where the hell did that come from?

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - Dead mans sexual treasure chest?

debbiejo
I saw the yesterday!! Great Movie.....

Imperial_Samura
I saw the yesterday!! Great Movie.....

It was indeed, a really enjoyable film. And I like great villains, so I liked Davey Jones, or "my little Cthulhu" as I fondly think of him. I was happy about Barbossa as well.

SpadeKing
um IDK

SpadeKing
Originally posted by autumn dreams
Abstinence, for men, anyway, can be dangerous. Men have to 'clean the pipes' so to speak, every week or so. If they can't have sex because they are abstinent, supposedly because abstinence is a sin, they have to get rid of all that *white stuff* somehow... eek!

beat your meat?
herbwank

debbiejo
It was indeed, a really enjoyable film. And I like great villains, so I liked Davey Jones, or "my little Cthulhu" as I fondly think of him. I was happy about Barbossa as well. Brings new meaning to Calamari.. eek!

Ok back on topic.......abstain if you want.....It's your body...

hitokiri jin
I once said: "Abstinence is next to godliness" and from that time on, my friends and even my family members thought that I am destined to be a eunuch and become a priest....though I am not "clean" enough for it...

well religious hodgpodge aside there are other "ulterior motives" that some practitioners of abstinence have...and....frankly, I dont know what they are...abstinence to a certain time is good..abstinence till you hit tombstone is kinda "disturbing" for lack of a better word...

all in all though, respect to another persons will, decision etc. must be in order however absurd, crooked, weird their ideas may be. Its their body after all. besides, they might be doing us a favor. just imagine the son of the Devil on earth going on a reproductive spree...

botankus
Ok back on topic
Wow, Debs, that 3-day ban really whipped you into shape! It's almost like I don't know you anymore. sad

debbiejo
Wow, Debs, that 3-day ban really whipped you into shape! It's almost like I don't know you anymore. sad laughing out loud

Sorry, do I know you?? Must increase vitamin B-12 for brain activity......

It was a 1 day ban..........but hurt my widdle biddy feelings...

Wonderer
Originally posted by hitokiri jin
I once said: "Abstinence is next to godliness"
Umm...I'm sorry, but Godliness is all about creating, therefore abstinence cannot be close to godliness, because a God needs to create - abstinence is the opposite! Duh!

debbiejo
True.......it all about creation and that process. To abstain would go against that whole process........*watches bunnies*...........bunnies are good!

It's the church that instated the abstains rule....

botankus
For many teenaged boys, it's the opposite sex that instigates the abstainence rule.

debbiejo
god mad hands for a reason....... smart

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>