Zarquawi killed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

What does this mean?

Normal Guy
That another will take his place.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Normal Guy
That another will take his place.

Possibly. But he seemed to wield considerable influence, or so we were led to believe. There may not be another individual of his caliber waiting in the wings.

botankus
Some dude's 25 million dollars richer.

Normal Guy
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Possibly. But he seemed to wield considerable influence, or so we were led to believe. There may not be another individual of his caliber waiting in the wings.

Yeah, but killing one guy is not going to do much. This is a culture war, and for every Zarquawi that's killed there's a 1000 more ready to take his place. It was the stupidest idea ever to get into a war with the Muslim extremists.

These people have fighting in their blood. They'll pretty much sacrifice anything during "jihad." Hell just look at how long they've been fighting over Israel. So as much as I hate to say it, this battle is far from over.

jaden101
you're right...this would be a far better solution

http://www.survivetheflu.com/ostrich.jpg

El_NINO
It means Bush will continue on with the war despite realizing its a losing battle

PVS

What does this mean?

pretty much nothing. he may or may not have had a small part in the 9/11 attacks. thats all they could determine.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Normal Guy
Yeah, but killing one guy is not going to do much. This is a culture war, and for every Zarquawi that's killed there's a 1000 more ready to take his place. It was the stupidest idea ever to get into a war with the Muslim extremists.

These people have fighting in their blood. They'll pretty much sacrifice anything during "jihad." Hell just look at how long they've been fighting over Israel. So as much as I hate to say it, this battle is far from over.

See, this is just not some random guy....this guy was a leader. When they lose a leader is not easy replacing him. Might take a long time to trained another one to take his place. Even if he was replaceable the next guy doesn't have the experience and skill of the other head had. Just like in guerrilla warfare...they always trying to protect their leaders...because they know without him/her they will could be disorganized.

Fire
good observation. But it will porbably not have that big an effect in the long run.

PVS
strike my last post. i'm confusing enemies it seems.

zarquawi? yeah he was a leader, but now he's a martyr.

Morgoths_Wrath

C-Dic
Martyrs aren't murdered, and they don't hide like cowards. They die willingly. This guy was a victim, and it's a huge victory, regardless of which side you're on.

botankus
Besides, If I were a martyr, I'd at least want a better name than Zucchini. Not exactly the kind of name that history legends are derived from.

C-Dic
Ya know, if being "martyrs" (and by martyrs I mean pussies hiding out, letting everyone else fight for them) is so important to them, they should sjust step outside, wave their hands, and we'll drop a load on 'em free of charge, then they'll go down in wacky Iraqi history.

Someone mentioned that "someone else will just take his place", that's like suggesting someone could have replaced Josef Mengele in Auschwitz. While there will be people willing to replace AZ, few, if any, will be able, and we'll just hunt them down, right down to the weakest replacement.

amity75
The only bad thing about it is that, given it was an airstrike, he was probably killed instantly. I'd have preferred to have him get shot in the nutsack and slowly bleed to death.

WrathfulDwarf
The whole concept of Martyrs is weak anyways....take a look at Che Guevara for example. He was a revolutionary and was killed...what is he martyr of nowadays? A martyr to a bunch of high school kids who shop at Hot topics. Bah!

botankus
Originally posted by C-Dic
Ya know, if being "martyrs" (and by martyrs I mean pussies hiding out, letting everyone else fight for them) is so important to them, they should sjust step outside, wave their hands, and we'll drop a load on 'em free of charge, then they'll go down in wacky Iraqi history.

Someone mentioned that "someone else will just take his place", that's like suggesting someone could have replaced Josef Mengele in Auschwitz. While there will be people willing to replace AZ, few, if any, will be able, and we'll just hunt them down, right down to the weakest replacement.
I nominate you, Cory, to be the official KMC Martyr.

C-Dic
Che Guevara was/is nothing more than a fashionplate, like you said. He was a notorious hyprocrite, and anyone who has seen "Motorcycle Diaries" would know he wasn't exactly a great person to begin with. Little do people know he was a violent activist who engaged in and endorsed some pretty sick shit to keep Cuba from being lorded over.

PVS
Martyrs aren't murdered, and they don't hide like cowards. They die willingly. This guy was a victim, and it's a huge victory, regardless of which side you're on.

true from a certain p.o.v. from the point of view of others he may have been ready to die willingly just by being a terrorist leader...right?

KidRock
It means millions of lives will be saved thanks to Bush now that Zarkawi cant help plan more attacks.

aclj
I'm happy that Zarquawi is dead and gone, yet I'm not too sure this will bring a whole lot of good points to Bush's credit. I'd say he's still on the downside for many AMerican families.

PVS
dust off the old "mission accomplished" banner, wave it around, and then put it back in the closet when the realisation is made that this means precisely dick.
so long as that power vaccume exists, who is in charge means nothing at all.
if not, then why did iraq not turn into paradise when we captured saddam?

aclj
I hear they're building 16 military bases over in Iraq. Now that's hilarious

Mindship
From the last photos I've been seeing, Zarqawi was looking a might chubby. I don't think it was bombs which killed him; probably the Big Macs he was secretly scarfing down.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Mindship
From the last photos I've been seeing, Zarqawi was looking a might chubby. I don't think it was bombs which killed him; probably the Big Macs he was secretly scarfing down.

laughing out loud

wait...I eat Big Macs....D'oh!

PVS
Nick Berg's father was just interviewed on cnn.
if you dont remember, nick berg was decapitated and the video
of which was resleased on the internet by al qaeda. his comments
may surprise some:
(do not click - copy and paste link)
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/A-Morning-Berg.mov

Pandemoniac
I don't agree to the applied reasons for this war that is going on now, from neither side. But this man was evil, he was violently forcing his irrational believes on the world even before the first Gulf-war.
He deserved to die, to bad it happened too late.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by PVS
Nick Berg's father was just interviewed on cnn.
if you dont remember, nick berg was decapitated and the video
of which was resleased on the internet by al qaeda. his comments
may surprise some:
(do not click - copy and paste link)
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/A-Morning-Berg.mov

The guy's a lot more forgiving than I would ever be.

amity75
Originally posted by Mindship
From the last photos I've been seeing, Zarqawi was looking a might chubby. I don't think it was bombs which killed him; probably the Big Macs he was secretly scarfing down. I saw that photo and after seeing the explosion when the missile hit, I don't think there could have been much left of him from the shoulders down.

PVS
The guy's a lot more forgiving than I would ever be.

hell yeah. i cant even fathom that level of forgiveness..but i have to admire him.

amity75
I hope his 20 virgins or whatever they're supposed to get in the afterlife are all fat and ugly.

ILoveMyDaniel

What does this mean?
I saw it on the news today but haven't the slightest clue who it is so What does it mean?: Nothing to me.

C-Dic
Originally posted by PVS
true from a certain p.o.v. from the point of view of others he may have been ready to die willingly just by being a terrorist leader...right?

Well, if by "others" you mean the same people that believe that God told them to attack the U.S., sure. Those are about the only people that are delusional enough to maintain such an opinion, even when they know they're totally wrong.

botankus
As I presented before, I say bury Zucchini's remains in a ham sandwich and see what happens in his afterlife. Maybe if he's lucky, the virgin in this picture below will bitchslap him with her pickle spear.

Shakyamunison
I heard on the radio that Zarquawi survived the blasts, and died on a stretcher after the US solderers arrived. So, he knew we got him before he died.

PVS
Well, if by "others" you mean the same people that believe that God told them to attack the U.S., sure. Those are about the only people that are delusional enough to maintain such an opinion, even when they know they're totally wrong.

truth is a matter of perception. just because we know they're wrong doesnt mean they know they're wrong. and by 'they' i mean any fundamentalist wacko who celebrated the attacks on 9/11, which is a far greater number of people than the ones who actually carried it out.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
truth is a matter of perception. just because we know they're wrong doesnt mean they know they're wrong.

True. My cat sticks its head in the toilet while I'm taking a leak. No matter how many times I drench her, she still thinks it's the right thing to do.

Bardock42
Originally posted by KidRock
It means millions of lives will be saved thanks to Bush now that Zarkawi cant help plan more attacks.

I'd even say billions.

Trickster

To a lot of people, undoubtedly anybody who is killed by the US is a martyr. The woman and child that died when they bombed him, for instance.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I heard on the radio that Zarquawi survived the blasts, and died on a stretcher after the US solderers arrived. So, he knew we got him before he died.

w00t

Phoenix2001

I bet that sucked... Happy Dance

manjaro
that fat f **** got what he deserved too bad its all gonna go to shit real soon cuz the guy whp ratted him out was a member of the same group, so that means that those terrorist f ****s have 25 million dollars to kick around for weapons and shit

PVS

so alive equals conscious and aware? new to me.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS

Why don't you put me on your ignore list. All you are doing is trying to pick a fight.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by PVS

reports indicate that he attempted to roll over on his stretcher

he would have to be somewhat conscious to do that, right? yes

(sorry, can't find a link right this moment...was on cnn earlier today)

PVS
Why don't you put me on your ignore list. All you are doing is trying to pick a fight.

no, i am pointing out an illogical deduction.

perhaps you should take your own advice and put me on ignore if you cant
handle it, or perhaps you'd just like to cry about it?

Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
reports indicate that he attempted to roll over on his stretcher

he would have to be somewhat conscious to do that, right? yes

(sorry, can't find a link right this moment...was on cnn earlier today)

yes he would indeed. a link would be much appreciated

Shakyamunison
Here is a link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198850,00.html

PVS
yeah, i saw that article. im looking for reports that he was conscious.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, i saw that article. im looking for reports that he was conscious.

"Caldwell, the chief U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, said Zarqawi tried to roll off the gurney to escape once he became aware of the fact that he was being taken into custody by coalition troops Wednesday night after two 500-pound precision guided bombs blew up his safehouse near Baqouba."

PVS
oh, ok. i missed that. thanks
sucks to be him.

meep-meep
Originally posted by PVS
oh, ok. i missed that. thanks
sucks to be him.

You mean suckED to be him. Get your facts straight PVS...P.S. I'm just bustin your balls.

PVS
Originally posted by meep-meep
You mean suckED to be him. Get your facts straight PVS...P.S. I'm just bustin your balls.

depends on whether or not you believe death is the end.
loophole for the win Happy Dance

meep-meep
Damn....(plots PVS's death)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.