Pitbulls vs wolverines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
I found this site today where people were arguing about who would win in a fight between a wolverine and a pitbull of equal size, and i read loads of replies about guys fighting their pitbulls, and i was just wondering - isn't that against the law? or is it still allowed in some states? it's outlawed here by us, and generally frowned upon, but the guys seemed to be bragging quite openly... it just seemed to me sad
sad

Oh, by the way, the question is irrelevant stick out tongue
i told them to read up about honey badgers...
still waiting for a response!
big grin

Kritish
It's illegal, and wrong. But I think the wolverine would win, I've seen footage of them chasing off wolves and black bears.

PVS
people who fight pit bulls should be shot point blank through the eye

Kritish
I don't even like dogs and I think it's wrong.

Dreampanther
ok, cool. I have a thing about animals, glad you guys feel the same way big grin

seriously, though, check out honey badgers. they are the toughest animals on this planet. i reckon i'll be willin to back one of them against either your wolverines or a pitbull... laughing out loud

Dreampanther
(although i think wolverines and honey badgers are quite similar, actually...) smart

Kritish
A dude I knew who worked at a Zoo says they really don't feel pain...wolverines that is.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Dreampanther
honey badgers

it looks like a skunk sick

http://www.namibian.org/travel/images/wildlife/honey_badger.jpg

Kritish
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
it looks like a skunk sick

http://www.namibian.org/travel/images/wildlife/honey_badger.jpg

They smell almost as bad too. There's a certain type of bird that will call them up and get them to raid bee hives. After it's eaten it's full the bird takes the left overs.

Dreampanther
yeah!

Dreampanther
they are very cool

Dreampanther
you can't keep them as pets, though, they escape from anything - even zoos can't keep them big grin

WrathfulDwarf
Wolverine wins way more ferocious and kills quicker...now you put a wolverine vs Tazmanian devil....oh boy...

Dreampanther

debbiejo
Wolverines are MEAN!!..........Michigan state animal... cool

Dreampanther
yeah, i found a site that said wolverines and honey badgers are related, so i'm not gonna badger you about it anymore roll eyes (sarcastic)

But check out what i found on another site - you gotta admit, that's cool!

"While the honey badger is listed in the Guinness Book of records as the "Most fearless animal in the world" (2004), they are not invincible and adults are frequently killed by leopard and lion.

Their black & white colouration is thought to provide a warning to other predators of their strength and tenacity. Their display consists of the emission of a strong smelling smell from the anal scent glands and a loud, rattling vocalization. This display is accompanied by rushing movements towards the predator and is frequently successful in driving large predators away. There are numerous stories of honey badgers chasing lions and leopards off kills. In Kalahari we twice saw honey badgers chase off leopards that stalked them. "

debbiejo
Razor sharp teeth........

Being that it is my State Animal, I've never seen one in the wild...

aclj
I'd say it be a close match, but I think the pitbull would win. Even though the wolverine is a wild animal, the dog unfortunately has been through a lot of shit.

Whatever the outcome, expect to see a lot of blood.

Kind of like when those roosters duel it out with each other, apparantly to the death.

Mindship
I just read an article in today's paper: in Wisconsin, a deer jumped through a window into a house, ran into the bathroom, where the owner locked it in til authorities got there. Thing was, the owner forget that the family pet--a pitbull--was already in the bathroom.

Poor deer? Hell, no. The deer kicked the dog unconscious.

Who'd've thought Bambi was so tough??

aclj
Originally posted by Mindship
I just read an article in today's paper: in Wisconsin, a deer jumped through a window into a house, ran into the bathroom, where the owner locked it in til authorities got there. Thing was, the owner forget that the family pet--a pitbull--was already in the bathroom.

Poor deer? Hell, no. The deer kicked the dog unconscious.

Who'd've thought Bambi was so tough??

cool Ninja Bambi ninja

Kritish
Besides, there's not a kick ass super healing mutant called pitbull. zorro

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by PVS

What he said.

KharmaDog
Wolverines (just like the Comic book character) are overhyped when talking about how dangerous they are. Pound for pound they are fierce, no doubt. But the stories of them taking down full grown healthy moose or elk are myth. And though they may try (and often succed) in intimidating black and grizzly bears off a kill, if the bear has it's mind set to stay, the wolverine knows better to move off then get killed.

A 30 pound wolverine cannot hurt a 400-800 pound bear.

Between a pitbull and a wolverine, I'd probably give it to the pitbull every time. They are programmed to fight to the death whereas a wolverine's wiring for self preservation would eventually kick in and it'd turn and run.

All that being said, people who enjoy fighting dogs against other dogs or animals are large pieces of crap.

Milkie
Originally posted by PVS

http://gifdepot.com/albums/Movies/Supermanbullet.gif

Dreampanther
Nice shot!

Kritish
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Wolverines (just like the Comic book character) are overhyped when talking about how dangerous they are. Pound for pound they are fierce, no doubt. But the stories of them taking down full grown healthy moose or elk are myth. And though they may try (and often succed) in intimidating black and grizzly bears off a kill, if the bear has it's mind set to stay, the wolverine knows better to move off then get killed.

A 30 pound wolverine cannot hurt a 400-800 pound bear.

Between a pitbull and a wolverine, I'd probably give it to the pitbull every time. They are programmed to fight to the death whereas a wolverine's wiring for self preservation would eventually kick in and it'd turn and run.

All that being said, people who enjoy fighting dogs against other dogs or animals are large pieces of crap.

It's not that they could hurt it, It's that they have the testicular fortitude to try.

Dreampanther
your wolverines sound very similar to our honey badgers: tough enough!

Thing is, a dog (of equal size and weight) doesn't stand a chance against a honey badger (we call them ratels). Two reasons:

1. His skin is so thick that even buckshot (except at close range) does not penetrate his skin.

2. His skin is so loose that he can (literally) turn around inside his own skin and counter-attack something that gets a grip on him from behind. (Awesome, huh?)

Plus, I've heard of (young) leopards coming off second best against a ratel, and I've never even heard of a dog that stands a chance against a leopard.

Therefore, I would argue, a ratel would take a pit bull apart, given the same size and weight.

Unfortuantely, i do not know enough about wolverines to speculate. what makes them so special? i've always heard of tasmanian devils, wolverines and honey badgers being compared (apparantly all three have a wicked reputation), but would need some more info before i could hazard an opinion...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.