Recent Comic Book Purchases!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
What are the Comic Books or Graphic Novels that you have you brought recently?

DigiMark007
Bought a couple back-issue GL comics because I'm hunting for Alan Scott feats. I have a really cool mock-fight between him and Kyle.

And I got 11 He-Man TPB's (when he was with Image) for about $3.00.....good times. I love HM, but there's definitely a reason they were cheap, and there's not a decent strength feat in the lot of them. erm

P.S. On a sidenote, Scarecrow, I find it wonderfully ironic that your username is Scarecrow, your title is "The Green Goblin", and you have a Batman signature. You're our resident schizophrenic member. stick out tongue

Crease
Ton of old stuff. Couple of Thor trades. Omac trade. Bunch of Batman, JLA and GL trades. Trying to get into some of DC's stuff. Found some old SHI: The way of the Warrior. I used to grab Shi back in the day and couldn't remember what I had and what I didn't, so I bought everything they had.

Sea King
i just got a few aquaman older ones throu the mail from ebay that my collection was missing

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Bought a couple back-issue GL comics because I'm hunting for Alan Scott feats. I have a really cool mock-fight between him and Kyle.

And I got 11 He-Man TPB's (when he was with Image) for about $3.00.....good times. I love HM, but there's definitely a reason they were cheap, and there's not a decent strength feat in the lot of them. erm

P.S. On a sidenote, Scarecrow, I find it wonderfully ironic that your username is Scarecrow, your title is "The Green Goblin", and you have a Batman signature. You're our resident schizophrenic member. stick out tongue

I put The Green Goblin as my tiltle becaue that is my title on KMC Syndicate.

Psyquis52
I just bought the New Avengers. Not the 1st graphic novel or the 2nd but the 3rd. So far I own all three in hard-back. I mostly buy them in graphic novel form. I used to be a great comic book collector but I find that they are really hard to mull through once you pass the 500 marker. You tend to lose track. Right now I'm at 1,234 comic books. I hope that I can stop here and just get graphic novels but I think I might need to expand on my knowledge of Pitt and there's no easy way to do that.

HellMaster93
Hmm... I always get all the English CEs every month... (except Batman legends as I've read most of the stories they print...) and just yesterday my Amazon order of Daredevil: visionaries: Volume One and The Power of Shazam arrived.

Scarecrow756
I should be getting Issue 139 of Essentail X Men and Issue 35 of Batman Legends today.

HellMaster93
They have either been out for ages or aren't out yet. Can't remember. I have read the Anarky storyline AND have War Games so i will not read BL until WG is over... do you know what comes after that?

Grimm22
I spent about 15 bucks on comics last night.

I got Civil War: Frontline, Detective Comics, New X-men, 52 and I think thats it. I might be missing a couple though erm

It pissed me off because my LCS didnt get WW #1 sad

same for She-Hulk #8 from a few weeks ago mad

willRules
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
I should be getting Issue 139 of Essentail X Men and Issue 35 of Batman Legends today.

Just read Batman Legends 35 about a couple of hours ago. It's not terrible, not great. It was an adequate issue that could do with more action IMO smile

TK1
I Bought 36 New/Back Issues Over The Week.

Scarecrow756
I bought today...

Essential X Men- Issue 139.
Batman Legends- Issue 35
Ultimate X Men and Ultimate Spider- Man double comic- Issue 56

HellMaster93
I just bought this crap "flip" double comic Marvel adventures F4/ spiderman... then I saw its for all ages... Scarecrow, what do you think of the new Magnetic North saga in Ult X-Men? And when do BL FINALLy finish War Games? Oooh... will they reprint war Crimes!?

Scarecrow756
I have not got round to reading the Ult X Men bit yet, but it looks good. It is going to be the first Ult X Men comic I have ever read. And no they are not reprinting War Crimes next they are reprinting Superman/Batman: Supergirl next. Anarky was a very good two part Batman story inspired by Alan Moore`s V for Vendetta.

DigiMark007
Finally Got Infinite Crisis!

Horray! ....and wow. Seemed kinda short (I guess I'm remembering the original 12-issue Crisis), but I enjoyed it. I actually expected Superboy Prime to be more of a badass....punching through the fabric of the cosmos and sh*t like that. I guess the hype I heard around here made him seem more uber than he really was.

Scarecrow756
Hay Hellmaster Batman Legends finish War Games next issue with the final two parts of Act 3.

Scarecrow756
Essential Spider-Man Volume 1.

Grimm22
52 week 6

Ultimate X-men #71

Superman #653

Wolverine: Origins #3

Squadren Supreme #4

Civil War #2

4 #30

Infinity Gauntlet #1-6

ST0RM SHAD0W
Bought this yesterday along with the Civil War variant #2.

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3205/04120uo.jpg

Rewmac
What do you guys think? Colossus comics. I mean comics for his feats big grin

ST0RM SHAD0W
What, do you wanna know comics of his feats so you can buy them?

Darth Vicious
Y-The Last Man. After hearing/reading the buzz this comic was generating I decided to try it and guess what? It was worth it, It is really good!

HellMaster93
Hmm... let's see... ovcer the week-end:

Astonishing Spider-Man, which reprinted:

Marvel Knights Spiderman #5 and 6
Dr Octopus: Negative Exposure #2

Essential X-Men which reprinted the penultimate part of Here Comes Tomorrow and parts 3 and 4 of some crappy Extreme X-Men saga...

Mighty world of Marvel reprinted:

The Defenders: vol 3 #1
Marvel Team Up #7: Master of The Ring Part one
And a crap short from Amazing Adult Fantasy

ST0RM SHAD0W
I bought Amazing Spider-Man #122 today.

Scarecrow756
I got today....

Batman Legends Issue 36
Ultimate X Men and Ultimate Spider-Man Issue 57

HellMaster93
LOL, i also got Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men #57 and Batman legends #36 today! Batman legends was great: the start of the Supergirl saga that I've heard so much about and so far pretty good. I have yet to read Ultimate spidey/ X-Men but the Spidery Hobgoblin saga has been slow starting up (though I rewckon it shpould get GOOD soon) and the Magetic North saga looked CRAP last issue! cool

The Pict
today i bought Astonishing X-Men 15, New Excalibur 9 and Amazing Spiderman Civil War 533

Scarecrow756
I got today...

Sin City: The Big Fat Kill.
Sin City: Hell and Back.
Batman: Scarecrow Tales

willRules
I bought the villains united tb recently. Thought it was a pretty decent read, although they are trying to make Catman much cooler than he is. smile

Edward Nygma
Batman subscription.

Scarecrow756
I brought today....

Batman Legends Issue 37
Ultimate X Men and Ultimate Spider- Man double comic- Issue 58
Sin City: That Yellow Bastard.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I just bought the New Avengers. Not the 1st graphic novel or the 2nd but the 3rd. So far I own all three in hard-back. I mostly buy them in graphic novel form. I used to be a great comic book collector but I find that they are really hard to mull through once you pass the 500 marker. You tend to lose track. Right now I'm at 1,234 comic books. I hope that I can stop here and just get graphic novels but I think I might need to expand on my knowledge of Pitt and there's no easy way to do that. PITT~~!!~~ ACK!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) I got all them Image comics when they started....Supreme,Maxx,Cyber Force,Brigade,Youngblood,WildC.A.T.S,Stormwatch,....what a waste of coin and paper. Ive some Certified and Autographed items of WildC.A.T.S and Youngblood that are only thing worth anything. Think only reason got any of them was because Liefield was HOT at the time. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.