al-Zarqawi's Death - Historical Role

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
How do you think the murder of al-Zarqawi will play out? What Effects (if any) will it have on the: Islamic world, al-Queda, the Iraqi insurgency, the American "Battle Agaisnt Extremism/War on Terror," the new Iraqi government, Bush's foregin policy, and American/global perception of the war in Iraq? Is this even significant at all?

Tangible God
It'll provide CNN with a few weeks of non-stop coverage and then another top insurgent will fill his shoes and we'll be right back where we started from, IMO.

Alliance
slash Bush, I fear we will be hearing about ths for months as an example of how the US is "winning" the "war on terror" which wasn't even going on in Iraq until we (the US) started it.

Darth Macabre
His death will give the Republican party a little propaganda material, but it won't do much.

Alliance
I agree, but do you think the American people will buy it?

Tangible God
Bush's approval rating rises after every "major victory" and then slips back down again. I don't see this being any different.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Alliance
I agree, but do you think the American people will buy it?

Maybe for a few days...But Bush is also pushing the Non Gay Marriage bill now as well...So this death comes at a VERY bad time.

Alliance
Except that bill is dead in the water, as it has been. So how is the combination of the two bad?

Darth Macabre
Except that bill is dead in the water, as it has been. So how is the combination of the two bad?

Of course it's dead in the water...But he still has to push it to get the conservative votes this election year...Therefore, attention is split between the two.

All I'm saying is that if al-Sarqawi's death came at a different time, when Bush wasn't trying to stir the pot, it would have a much bigger impact.

KharmaDog
If you look back in history, al-Zarqawi and al qaeda weren't even present in Iraq until the US went in there and made it possible for them to prosper there. I think that is of more historical significance than blowing him up.

There are so many bathist separitists, insurgence, criminals, fundamentalist radicals and now terrorist organizations in Iraq right now I would think that al-Zarqawi's death is a mere flea fart in a windstorm at this moment in time.

Alliance
I think al-queada will benifit from it, and install someone who won't attack fellow muslims and mosques so readily.

Philip_ll
The methods the soldiers used to actually pin-point his location, the fact that they were even able to do so, is astonishing, which says a lot about technology, and the Soldier of today. So i am beginning to like our boys.

Alliance
You should like them anyway.

I heard that there might have been an inside informant, that al-queda wanted him out, or someone sold out to the US.

maham
How do you think the murder of al-Zarqawi will play out? What Effects (if any) will it have on the: Islamic world, al-Queda, the Iraqi insurgency, the American "Battle Agaisnt Extremism/War on Terror," the new Iraqi government, Bush's foregin policy, and American/global perception of the war in Iraq? Is this even significant at all?

He will soon b replaced by another.That's how it always turns out.

Koenig

Alliance

cking
it doesn't make a difference what important person from al-queda gets killed. they will simply be replaced by someone who is the same or better. the media is just trying to "rally" the public that the operation in Iraq is going well instead they are not.

Alliance
I dont think the US media (aside for FOX news) bought it. I just htink the administration is using it as a tool.

cking
I think so also and it is more than just the media.

Alliance
I think people blame "the media" for alltheir problems.

Darth Macabre
I think people blame "the media" for alltheir problems. yes And fast food restaurants.

Alliance
I blame lawyers laughing

cking
I blame the government for using the lower middle class as slaves when it comes to tax dollars.

Darth Macabre
I blame lawyers laughing

LoL Hey now...I'm studying to become an attorney.

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
LoL Hey now...I'm studying to become an attorney.
you don't think there is a little too much over-suing/over-defending in America?

Darth Macabre
you don't think there is a little too much over-suing/over-defending in America?

Oh, I do...That's what I meant when I said "And fast food restaurants."

I don't see how anyone can blame McDonald's when they spill their coffee in their lap while getting into their car.

I can't comprehend how people blame Burger King when they get fat from eating their food...Work out, eat healthier...But don't blame people for your own mistakes.

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Oh, I do...
Thats what I'm referring too.

It's actually a problem with the American societal concept of responsibility...but lawyers are the enablers. Since they're easier to hit...I hit them stick out tongue.

Doesn't really solve the problem though sad

Darth Macabre
Thats what I'm referring too.

It's actually a problem with the American societal concept of responsibility...but lawyers are the enablers. Since they're easier to hit...I hit them stick out tongue.

Doesn't really solve the problem though sad

smile No, no, hitting them physically doesn't work. You got to hit them where it hurts...They're pockets.

cking
thats right hit the middle man where he hurts and thats his pockets but It would never work because he is a slave of the government and doesn't have any money. you should start hitting the rich people of America, they have money and power and feed off of the middle man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.